• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
oh no, one more victim of sakurai power of dissapointament.....WHY???? but anyhow,only the
strongs will survive this character delay untill japanese release! and i'm one of them,i'm not
going to fall!

Sakurai you underestimated our power!
That's why were DIEING! NOOOOOOOO! *See's he killled of Stafy* I also say GO ON WITHOUT ME!

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Stand together! We can beat Sakurai and his silly mind games!!!
Yup! Smashboards members unite! and to defy Sakurai ...i predict a CHARACTER for monday! and its Megaman! if we predict him with all the strenght of our minds we can defeat
sakurai mindgames and get Megaman!

*rises smashboards flag*

FOLLOW ME!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Here's something to consider: on October 12th--the day that the delay was announced on the DOJO--there were 36 (or so) updates left until the previous release date of December 3rd. There are currently 40 updates left until the U.S. release date of Feb. 10th, 2008, and 28 updates left until the Japanese release date of Jan. 24th, 2008. I think we'll be seeing more consistently well-received updates from now on. :bigthumbu
I wanted to post that for a while, but I didn't feel like doing the math.

I agree, we will start seeing some really good updates from now on.

Hopefully..

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's CLASSIC Mega Man. *Hopes it isn't EXE or Star Force* Even if he shows up as a knock off incarnation, there is still plenty of different characters to keep me happy, I just need the good update we were robbed of for a few weeks.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I hope it's CLASSIC Mega Man. *Hopes it isn't EXE or Star Force* Even if he shows up as a knock off incarnation, there is still plenty of different characters to keep me happy, I just need the good update we were robbed of for a few weeks.
I want Megaman X But its likely of EXE or Starforce due to the Continuity of the series in nintendo as well as the fact that they are the more recent titles (I want Zero as well)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I want Megaman X But its likely of EXE or Starforce due to the Continuity of the series in nintendo as well as the fact that they are the more recent titles (I want Zero as well)
And we'll get X or some other third party character sooner than expected if someone at Nintendo Corporation gets Sakurai drunk, and while he's intoxicated and doing the updates, he could accidently spoil something so early.

Yeah...just a thought.

malesretmit12

Smash Apprentice
If it is Megaman this week, it will likely be announced the day after the conventions and shows, just like Snake. His update was shown the day after the Tokyo Game Show showed it.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
Hmm even thought I would hate to see Megaman in brawl you guys do have a good point.
Also I predict...

Monday: Megaman/ Megaman joins the brawl (or something like that)
Tuesday: How to play: swimming/ Mother 3 music
Wednsday: SSE: Yoshi's run (Link and Yoshi team up)
Thursday: Item: Stopwatch
Friday: Kirby special moves (I really REALLY hope so)

We better be getting some good updates soon.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Hmm even thought I would hate to see Megaman in brawl you guys do have a good point.
Also I predict...

Monday: Megaman
Tuesday: How to play: swimming/ Mother 3 music
Wednsday: SSE: Yoshi's run (Link and Yoshi team up)
Thursday: Item: Stopwatch
Friday: Kirby special moves (I really REALLY hope so)

We better be getting some good updates soon.
That would be a great week in comparisen to every other week...if only one thing happens i hope it's Mondays update that's true.

but if it doesn't happen i'm sorry for hyping that day...but i did make a solid point.

mario8498

Smash Cadet
I think if Nintendo doesn't tell us Megaman joins on Monday, he's probably not in it. If at any time would be the best time, monday would be it.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
it may be the best time to show megaman but, it's probably not the Sakurai time to show him.

If anything we'll get all the info in january after the japan release

mario8498

Smash Cadet
Meh, I dunno. I wouldn't mind if Nintendo stopped updating the site after Japan gets it. I also want a few surprises in there, you know what I mean?

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
If megaman is updated on Monday I will literly run 8 laps around my house and punch random people in school that day.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just because if Megaman is not Monday's update. That does not mean Megaman is not out of the game yet. Was 10/10 a major day in Sonic's history? No. Was Snake's surprise apperence in the 1st trailer at the time of a special event in his his history? I don't think so.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Just because if Megaman is not Monday's update. That does not mean Megaman is not out of the game yet. Was 10/10 a major day in Sonic's history? No. Was Snake's surprise apperence in the 1st trailer at the time of a special event in his his history? I don't think so.
These statements are both true, however, it would make perfect sense for Sakurai to make our day with a Megaman update. I mean c'mon, it's Megaman's birthday. The least he can do is give the Blue Bomber an anniversary to remember.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm just not so sure if Sakauri would do something on that. He didn;t do a special thing for Miyamoto's Birthday. Not even Olimar who was mostly hoped for that day.
Wonder if Sakauri will get greedy and put a special update for his birthday

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
The update for his birthday already passed. It was What is The Subspace Emissary? if I recall, and that's still the best update ever if you ask me.

Anyhow, I wouldn't get my hopes up for Mega Man. Remember CoroCoro, and December 3rd, and Miyamoto's birthday, and every other obscure reason people have come up with to have an awesome update. The only one that's ever worked was 100th update, I believe, which was Wi-Fi.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm just not so sure if Sakauri would do something on that. He didn;t do a special thing for Miyamoto's Birthday. Not even Olimar who was mostly hoped for that day.
Wonder if Sakauri will get greedy and put a special update for his birthday
I dunno what to tell you. Miyamoto isn't even a character on Brawl, but Sakurai probably took him out to dinner.

As for Olimar, who cares! he's on of the many Nintendo mascot noobs! I hate that stupid dork! And even if he does get in, I'll rejoice because that means I can beat the holy stuffing out of him! *cracks knuckles*

Then now comes Megaman's special day. Wouldn't be befitting for Sakurai to give him his just desserts with his very own double whammy character update hmm? Why yes it would. Atleast I think so.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Again, don't get your hopes up. We didn't get a character update this week, but I imagine it's gonna be Sonic's Final Smash or something we already know...
Maybe we didn't get a character update because Monday we're getting Megaman confirmed because sakurai has never updated consecutively with 2 character updates to days in a row. Also megaman would get a triple update like sonic and snake.

He'll get his character update, Megaman joins the brawl video and special moveset update.

Okysho

Smash Ace
Again, don't get your hopes up. We didn't get a character update this week, but I imagine it's gonna be Sonic's Final Smash or something we already know...
true enough, however those two months of delay are almost up. we should be starting to see things again soon... Sakurai kinda already had this planned from the start, that's probably why Miamoto's birthday was a junky update, because he needed filler, though he probably had originally planned something half decent for it

Top Bottom