• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That'd be nice. Maybe Sakurai would be like, "I have been saving character updates until this date. Please, enjoy the article!"

Stage tomorrow.
Either that or
Kirby:Copy ability;
Kirby can copy an opponents b move, as well as gets a hat in their likeness.
Here is the pictures of him wearing EVERY PLAYABLE CHARACTERS HAT!!!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Besides a few of the obvious character update, I want a music update.

Except, I want a GOOD one. A really nice Zelda or Mario one. Or hatever Kirby music tht was from Dreamland 64.
Kirby's Adventures for NES had great music, I wish some of those tunes would return.

Lloyld

Smash Rookie
I get dissapointed when they release a retarted update we all already know about, but think about it, would you complain if there was no updates at all? If this update everyday never happened? I'll agree the past few months updates were awsome and now they're kinda lame but be glad at what you have.

Anyway I'm pretty much betting they'll release Megaman before the games launch, I hope so. Sorta doubtfull but hopefully.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
He is going to give the rest of the E for all stuf this week. (I really don't think he's going to give anymore character updates.) And for all the people who called me crazy for thinking that the demo character select is the starting roster, f to the u.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
He is going to give the rest of the E for all stuf this week. (I really don't think he's going to give anymore character updates.) And for all the people who called me crazy for thinking that the demo character select is the starting roster, f to the u.
No offense but it's not and your dumb to think that it is.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Where's your prof that it isn't? Have you seen another update with a character select screen in it? (And how can you say no offense and then call me dumb? Thats just plain stupid.)
Uhh...that's the ****ing roster for the demo...it's not the ****ing starting roster for the game.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Man I am sooo glad I listened to my lady last night and went to bed early.

I would have been mad disappointed if I stayed up till 2AM and DIDN'T get my Marth as an AT update like I wanted.

I don't care if you can't be shined, Bonsly, you would have ruined my night.

Not staying up tonight either, I don't think. But if I do...

MARTH THE AT TONIGHT, SON I CAN FEEL IT YEAYUHZ!

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

I would have been mad disappointed if I stayed up till 2AM and DIDN'T get my Marth as an AT update like I wanted.

Marth as an AT? Hahaha your kidding right?

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman

HAHA great joke! you win a dollar!
[mode noob off]

Marth as an AT? no

you phail.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Jesus I've been predicting it for the past few weeks and just NOW someone has seen it?

You all laugh and use hilarious homophones of "fail" now, but just you wait till Brawl comes out and you play all through SSE expecting Captain Olimar to somehow cross pathes with Marth, and then when you least expect it, like when Dedede and Link team up to take on Ridley you open up an assist trophy and out pops Marth.

When that happens you will hear my laughter echoing inside your head for all of eternity.

FTW.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Jesus I've been predicting it for the past few weeks and just NOW someone has seen it?

You all laugh and use hilarious homophones of "fail" now, but just you wait till Brawl comes out and you play all through SSE expecting Captain Olimar to somehow cross pathes with Marth, and then when you least expect it, like when Dedede and Link team up to take on Ridley you open up an assist trophy and out pops Marth.

When that happens you will hear my laughter echoing inside your head for all of eternity.

FTW.
It'd be pretty ****ing stupid to have a nonclone with a great moveset become an assist trophy.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Man i hope this week flies by so it gets to Saturday quicker and we can finally see(hopefully) the full roster.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Captain Falcon for tomorrow's update! This will be my prediction until it happens.

Bonsly rules. Don't dis Bonsly, or he'll uh..well he will use Fake Tears to uhm.. Lower your special defense...yeah.. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!1oneseven

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
lol. It's okay. He's been saying this for like a month. He must really hate Marth.
I can't say I'd buy the man a drink.

But in all seriousness I do realize he's not a clone, and he is a stand-alone character with a unique moveset. I do think that all characters fitting that description (especially G&W, in case you couldn't already tell) should stay in the game.

How many FE games ago was Marth? I've never had the pleasure of playing them but from what I can gather Marth is pretty old school, whereas Roy is just Japan-exclusive. Counterpoint to that is Lucas, who is also Japan-exclusive but replaced Ness.

I've played enough Marthes in my time to realize that his removal, as well as Sheik's, would impact the competitive scene drastically. As a Falco player I have a very hard time getting close enough to decent Marthes to pull off anything but some annoying SHLing and maybe the occasional shine or pillar.

I hate Peaches more, though, but I'd cry if Peach wasn't in. Regardless of her whorish dress.

My point is that Marth returning isn't really as paramount as most people think, and I personally am exploiting that in hopes of him becoming an AT.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon for tomorrow's update! This will be my prediction until it happens.

Bonsly rules. Don't dis Bonsly, or he'll uh..well he will use Fake Tears to uhm.. Lower your special defense...yeah.. IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!1oneseven
yeah....brawl needs more Captain Falcon!

and bonsly itself seens pretty efective.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
I can't say I'd buy the man a drink.

But in all seriousness I do realize he's not a clone, and he is a stand-alone character with a unique moveset. I do think that all characters fitting that description (especially G&W, in case you couldn't already tell) should stay in the game.

How many FE games ago was Marth? I've never had the pleasure of playing them but from what I can gather Marth is pretty old school, whereas Roy is just Japan-exclusive. Counterpoint to that is Lucas, who is also Japan-exclusive but replaced Ness.

I've played enough Marthes in my time to realize that his removal, as well as Sheik's, would impact the competitive scene drastically. As a Falco player I have a very hard time getting close enough to decent Marthes to pull off anything but some annoying SHLing and maybe the occasional shine or pillar.

I hate Peaches more, though, but I'd cry if Peach wasn't in. Regardless of her whorish dress.

My point is that Marth returning isn't really as paramount as most people think, and I personally am exploiting that in hopes of him becoming an AT.
wrong.
Marth is the most likely FE charcter to return.
he will never be an AT!
and i won't post reasons for that,because there are A LOT! Roy should be an AT (if he's not playebable)
P.S:ok will post THREE reason: he's the first FE lord in the whole series,was in THREE games and was in melee giving him some credit already.
see? you have failied!

and sorry for triple post.:p

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
wrong.
he will never be an AT!
and i won't post reasons for that,because there are A LOT! Roy should be an AT (if he's not playebable)
P.S:ok will post THREE reason: he's the first FE lord in the whole series,was in THREE games and was in melee giving him some credit already.
see? you have failied!

Wow. Those are all the great reasons why Marth is definitely back? I don't know if he's coming back and I couldn't care less, but if you're going to pick some reasons, get some good ones.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
wrong.
he will never be an AT!
see? you have failied!

Lawl at triple post and fanboyism.

You realize the futility of this right? You're a fanboy. I'm a hater. Think of how many of the world's problems could be solved if haters and fanboys realized they just shouldn't fight over things.

Imagine there's no countries...

I'm not gonna argue why Marth should be an AT because I really don't have any reasons that are extremely reasonable or founded. It's just my feeling because, like many Falco players, I hope Marth gets tipped by his own sword.

Jigglypuff players will agree, surely.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I'm not gonna argue why Marth should be an AT because I really don't have any reasons that are extremely reasonable or founded. It's just my feeling because, like many Falco players, I hope Marth gets tipped by his own sword.

Jigglypuff players will agree, surely.
I found that so funny, for some reason. lol.

Well, how about is Marth is nerfed? For example, his meteor was weakened. Then the people that hate him wouldn't be AS miffed, and he could still be in.

I play as Marth sometimes, but I wouldn't defend him that much. I'd defend Ness, though. Yeah, I know. Sue me.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I found that so funny, for some reason. lol.

Well, how about is Marth is nerfed? For example, his meteor was weakened. Then the people that hate him wouldn't be AS miffed, and he could still be in.

I play as Marth sometimes, but I wouldn't defend him that much. I'd defend Ness, though. Yeah, I know. Sue me.
Dude right on for defending Ness. Simna's my hero.

And I think my main problem with Marth, as well as most people's, is his imbalanced range. Yeah he has a sword but just because he has a sword doesn't mean that you should be punished even more for being at the tip of his sword than within his normal range.

Also his ridiculo glitchy grab range. Nerf plz.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Dude right on for defending Ness. Simna's my hero.

And I think my main problem with Marth, as well as most people's, is his imbalanced range. Yeah he has a sword but just because he has a sword doesn't mean that you should be punished even more for being at the tip of his sword than within his normal range.

Also his ridiculo glitchy grab range. Nerf plz.
that's why you hate marth?

than you just have to hope for some nerfs on him,you didn't have to want him as an AT

problem solved.

blayde_axel

Smash Master

than you just have to hope for some nerfs on him,you didn't have to want him as an AT

problem solved.
I could understand the hate, though. If your main has almost absolutely no way to beat someone, then I'd want him to be an AT, too. lol. Just kidding of course, Holla.

Marth will be balanced, though. Along with pretty much everyone else with an unfair (dis)advantage in Melee.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master

problem solved.
If you nerf him that much nobody would play as him. It's what makes Marth great.

That would be just, though, just nerfing him.

Six years of being tipped and mindgamed and chainthrown makes me want to smite Marth with the AT Hammer of Doom.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Ness better return. Otherwise I may have to main Lucas, but he doesn't look that bad.

And I can pull off some sick combos as Ness...... PK THUNDER..WOAH!!! ;)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Ness was my third best on melee(1 peach, 2 falco), and he was my best on the original because of his great strength.

Top Bottom