• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I guess everyone missed my question. I was actually asking you guys, who honestly thinks that the widescreen update would have existed had the release date never been pushed back???

Does anyone think that this just means he's getting all the crap out of the way before he starts unloading awesome updates on us starting when the crap ends all the way up to the new release date???

Edit - Ok, I missed it. I got one response. heheh

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Probably everyone thinks that the updates suck unless it's a character.
Not necessarily. Some game modes, SSE, stages, and such are good. But things like "Widescreen" and names are things that are basically implied in the game. It's clear that they are fillers.

And no, I doubt it would have been a pre-launch update if the game hadn't been delayed.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone ever think, that once the Dojo is complete, and the game has come out... that the Dojo WILL be the instruction manual? Or at least an online, alternate version?

Think about it. It explains all the basics, shows you the controls and how to change them, gives some basic info on the different modes of the game, it details all the starting characters and stages, talks about some items, and the credits are at the end.

When you put it this way, it kinda makes perfect sense, wouldn't you say?

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
ok, im not usually one to complain about updates (I usually try to find the good in every update) but this was just plain ridiculous. That widescreen should have been on Nintendo.com, not wasting a DOJO update. I also refuse to check the DK music because I do not like the DK series. C'mon Sakurai, Im not asking for a character or even a stage, I'll settle for SE info, a good Poke/AT (NO MORE SWORDS, PLEASE!!!), or a good FS

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
Did some of you find this odd?

He is the mainstay who has built Nintendo sound since the days of Game & Watch: Hirokazu Tanaka.

He wasn’t included on the list of musicians until now, but he secretly joined the fray!

Hint to G&W being secret?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Did anyone ever think, that once the Dojo is complete, and the game has come out... that the Dojo WILL be the instruction manual? Or at least an online, alternate version?

Think about it. It explains all the basics, shows you the controls and how to change them, gives some basic info on the different modes of the game, it details all the starting characters and stages, talks about some items, and the credits are at the end.

I know that the site will be like that otherwise it's current setup is kind of pointless, especially with all the filler updates we are getting. That is the only reason they are being added, since they would have been added after the release anyway.

It would just be nice if he balanced the crap updates with good ones a bit better.

iMichael

Smash Lord
What does the music sound like? for some reason I can't listen to music on the site today.
Lets go all the way back to the game "Donkey Kong". Your Jumpman (Mario) and you have to leap over obstacles and save the princess.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I think my favorite part of the music was it played the sound effects in the same order as the levels they came from, it brought back fond memories of playing the original donkey kong. I think they did a excelent job with it.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman

I never thought about that, but it does make sense. You're right.:laugh:

SUB Z€R0

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking wouldn't "make your own character" be an epic win? because if you could unlock helmets and stuff it would be just too good. what everyone else think?

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
And who else is confused why these kind of things are under game modes? Homerun contest is a game mode, Subspace is a game mode, custom controls and widescreen format are NOT game modes. If he feels the need to pump us full of this garbage, faking like it belongs in game modes isn't going to make us take it more seriously or get more excited about it. It should just be under notices or there should just be a different category called game options.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman

He is the mainstay who has built Nintendo sound since the days of Game & Watch: Hirokazu Tanaka.

He wasn’t included on the list of musicians until now, but he secretly joined the fray!

Exactly! Mr. Game & Watch confirmed!!!!

Bo0ndock

Smash Cadet
since they added sonic charecter im guessing they made some music more genesis sounding to balence out the nintendo to sonic stuff??????

BUM163

Smash Lord
widescreen as an update..... this guy delayed the game which he probably didn't think was possible n now he giving instruction manual updates. i expect this game to have 40 plus characters n 40 stages, but man this guy is handing out updates that even lil kids don't care about.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

it's hint that Hip Tanaka is the man!

i wonder if he's gonna do some metroid music too....?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Maybe this DOES mean he only has secret characters left. hmm...That or the theory about "december = 3 new challengers."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone notice this?

Hirokazu Tanaka - Metroid / Dr. Mario

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Masahiro Sakurai's Butthole said:
Being able to just look at the image and know if you got your settings right is pretty huge, huh?

LOL @ HIM MOCKING US! hahaha lol you have to admit that is pretty funny.

Top Bottom