• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
whats with all the lame updates jeez last week was nothing good i hope SOMETHING good comes this week >_<

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon will be announced sometime this week.

(And does anyone have those screenshots of Captain Falcon that were posted on the Nsider forums before they were taken down for maintenance?)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The next Stage update will be a Sonic themed stage. The only franchise that doesn't have a stage yet.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
makes sense, and yea think about it, they r using FR/LG pokemon trainer, not his red,blue or yellow
appearance
But they're not using the Diamond/Pearl Trainer, which is the most current of the Pokemon Trainers and is as much the "same" as Lucas would be to Ness. Samus features her Zero Mission appearance, which is not as current as ther Prime one, as Metroid Prime Hunters was released after Zero Mission. Not all characters have gotten their most recent version.

So my belief is that the Captain Falcon we all know and love will be the one in Brawl, not Rick Wheeler, who is basically the Jessie and James equivalent of F-Zero. By that I mean he is important in the anime, but not important in the game series, as a whole overall, despite being in a couple games.

As for Ness, things don't look good for him. There's a tiny chance he can still be in, but from the looks of things as of what we know right now, he's going to be sitting Brawl out.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So my belief is that the Captain Falcon we all know and love will be the one in Brawl, not Rick Wheeler, who is basically the Jessie and James equivalent of F-Zero. By that I mean he is important in the anime, but not important in the game series, as a whole overall, despite being in a couple games.

As for Ness, things don't look good for him. There's a tiny chance he can still be in, but from the looks of things as of what we know right now, he's going to be sitting Brawl out.
I'm going to have to go ahead and quote you for truth.

The only things anime have input on in the Smash series is the pokemons' voices. They could have easily made PT "Ash Ketchum", (he has all those pokemon simultaneously at some point in the show, I believe) but they went with the game version of the main PT. The same will go for CFalcon and any other characters who have appeared in anime.

Games take priority over cartoons in this world...

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'm gonna keep saying it until it happens. I'll eventually be right..

Captain Falcon Confirmed Tomorrow!

Firefalcon

Smash Cadet
We seriously need a character update this week!!
C. falcon, ridley, lucario, luigi, jiggelypuff, krystal, bowser jr, megaman, falco or gannondorf, come on sakurai pick someone to confirm for tommorow.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I predict:

Pokémon from previous Installments
Pokéball Gardevoir
Item Spring
Item Smart bomb
Sonic Final Smash
Zero Suit Samus Final Smash
Drill Dozer AT
Advanced Wars AT
Metroid AT

...Wait..

Now that I think of it, that's not even funny. :(

M.K

Level 55
Ugh....the only thing that made this update good is the fact that we got it over with. Now there is one less update that we know of.

Tommorow....Music of Mario's

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow's update will be an item update, or a pokemon. I'd be happily surprised if I woke up to find a character update, but I'm not too sure how likely that will be. :ohwell:

Oh, and a final note: The character update for this week (if there is one at all) will be a veteran, and it will not be Luigi. I'll bet my money on that.

punkomatic622

Smash Journeyman
Done waiting for Olimar (Ya HErd Sakurai?)
There's seriously no more things sakurai could say that we don't already know. Maybe the next update will be; "How to Plug in a Wii"

Then the next 3 days:

wednesday - How to turn on the Wii
thursday - How to put the game in the Wii
friday - How to remember to buy Brawl

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I want it to be Krystal as a PC, or Daisy, but that wouldn't happen.
So My Prediction will be item, pokeball, new character.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I have no idea but I have a feeling we going to have character announcment drought atleast fo another week.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
When are we going to get a new character already? If I wanted to know about Ike's final smash, I would read Gimpyfish's thread.

Please, Sakurai, throw us a frickin' bone!

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm guessing Pokemon update.. (151st update = 151 1st generation pokemon >_>)

It would be so weird if it happens to be Mew Pokeball and it actually DOES something rather then just there for awe.

achtung!

Smash Cadet
I totally agree. But we already know what his final smash is (Sonic). It would be another total bummer to get his final smash.

I'd like to see a newcomer, but I'd rather see Captain Falcon return. D:

SonicMario

Smash Master
You shouldn't have to worry. The captain's symbol on his back was on the Gorh assist trophy. All captain falcon fans should just lay back. There is no doubt C. Falcon will make it.

Top Bottom