• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
can anyone help me out here on tryin to submit my rate my roy vid to youtube so I may link it ehre?
What format is it in? It could be a large format. Second, what's the resolution? If the resolution is too high, you're gonna have to scale it down. Also, what was the method you used to record the footage?

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
I had to use my digital camera, which it only record for 2 minutes and a few seconds. I dunno how to do the whole dvd thing...otherweise I'd do that.

It's on an AVI format. Not sure what the resolution is, how do I check that? I haven't really had the need to check resolutions for antyhing in a loooong time.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
You obviously havent seen Shade play Zelda...

Her only good move in her bair and fair.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Because the 4th best in OK beat your best in the state with ZELDA.

Vegafusion FTW.
Pretty much.

By the way Zelda isn't THAT bad. She has amazing aerials. 'Specially her Uair
Try fair and bair <____<

I had to use my digital camera, which it only record for 2 minutes and a few seconds. I dunno how to do the whole dvd thing...otherweise I'd do that.

It's on an AVI format. Not sure what the resolution is, how do I check that? I haven't really had the need to check resolutions for antyhing in a loooong time.
Well, seeing as how you're probably dealing with the data straight off the camera, the video resolution is probably going to be pretty big and in full quality, so it's natural that the file size would be huge. What you need to do is open up Windows Movie Maker, import the file, and then export it as something smaller. Or, in the offchance that you use a Mac, just import it into iMovie and then share it for iPod video, and then it'll be ready to upload.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lol its not the fact of wats cool or not its to compare my zelda to some of the best cmon thats how all dittos are. and yea i know its zelda....but still...she can b pretty amazing

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Dude you're my freakin hero. I'll link it here in a bit.

Seriously...I love you now. I'm so newbish you are teh pwnz.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
wtf babac, jiggs dittos are teh awesome... they only suck if you're a ******* and miss a rest

digital camera recordings of matches are teh suck... but i wont hold it against you if it's all you have...

On babac's other subject... my sister get's back June 11th... so if you want you wanna guarantee my attendance, i'd suggest that it's before then, lol... and since the weather shouldn't be an issue this time... i could scrape up some az players

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
On babac's other subject... my sister get's back June 11th... so if you want you wanna guarantee my attendance, i'd suggest that it's before then, lol... and since the weather shouldn't be an issue this time... i could scrape up some az players
Well, that being the case...

LET'S START PLANNING AND ADVERTISING IT ALREADY!

wut?

Smash Apprentice
so ohsnap 3 is in june ****ing sweet and i smashed your mom whats that vid called i wana see it u just posted right before i did lqtm.....lqtm means laugh quitly to my self

Gravity

Smash Ace
im refraining judgment and criticism for three reasons:
1-i have never played as roy and do not know what to look for
2-youre fighting computers
3-lol items

i know that doesnt help at all, but whatever. wait for rasta to come around, he seems to know roy and used to main him...

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
im refraining judgment and criticism for three reasons:
1-i have never played as roy and do not know what to look for
2-youre fighting computers
3-lol items

i know that doesnt help at all, but whatever. wait for rasta to come around, he seems to know roy and used to main him...
Yea, well at the time I was gettin pissed off at myself for havin to mess with the camera and crap, so I was like, screw it, classic mode just so I can give a wider range of matches, but I ended up deletin half of the second vid.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
TV Tuner Capture Device? How much are those?

And how do you rip somethin from a dvd that you recorded onto your computer to make it a .wav or mpg

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Looks like youre not using your cstick for your fsmashes, which you should. Level 7's comps are gay, very gay, Level 3 CFalcons are what I practice on.
Practice on 4 stock, 8 minute time limit, for the love of Rasta, no Items. Dont dodge so much, dont sword dance as much (if you have to, try and stop on the 3rd one, stall the 4th one as a mind game...hellz yah ftw). Wavedash more.

Rasta Out.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
The items are from Classic mode...I just wanted to do classic mode to give me a string of different match ups real quick, since I had a problem with my megs at the time, which now I don't. And I can't practice with anything else, I'm still tryin to get some SA players down with some match time. I agree bout cpu's bein gay. They're indeed, very very gay.

Only reason I sword dance is b/c i was gettin pissed b/c I couldn't even time it worth shizznit, but I feel what you're sayin. The Dodge in the air was on accident 100% of the time. I get a lil jumpy in combat.

Thx for the help Rasta.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
yea well none of them will vrekain reply my thread. I emailed fork, nothin back so far...seroiusly wtf m8ey?

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Ayo Dok. YOu can record your matches onto your comp with that?

I don't think I need it, b/c i have an a/v hook up on my computer. It's a media center, only pob is, i hook it up, and don't know what to do next. I'm a dumb mofricka

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Looks like youre not using your cstick for your fsmashes, which you should. Level 7's comps are gay, very gay, Level 3 CFalcons are what I practice on.
Practice on 4 stock, 8 minute time limit, for the love of Rasta, no Items. Dont dodge so much, dont sword dance as much (if you have to, try and stop on the 3rd one, stall the 4th one as a mind game...hellz yah ftw). Wavedash more.

Rasta Out.

Oh, and don't let your friend play Marth and make a four stock comeback either... it just makes you look bad...

But everything else there is solid... except I use training mode instead of cpu's

CPU's are only gay because they're worthless for training (high levels that is)... well, I guess that's not entirely true, LVL. Falco's are good for power-shielding and shine-spiking practice

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, you can record your matches but it has HELLA LAG. so i need to find something so that it plays through a moniter but records on comp, cause it plays on my comp way too slow.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Just to inform some of you, I got rid of my cell phone for the time being, so if anyone needs to get a hold of me, just call my house.

Hey ISYM, from your matches, it looks like you're doing alright so far. You seem to already have a good feel for the game, and can follow-up your attacks/moves nicely. The only "Roy" advice I have for now is that it would be a whole lot safer not to spam the d-smash at that kind of leisure..... it has tremendous lag, and it will most likely cost you a stock if you whiff against a seasoned player. I suggest the d-tilt in place of it (it's one of the best moves Roy has IMO).

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Thanks vega. Yea, his lag is killer on that d-smash. Only way I can think of using it safely is edgeguarding, but that's like...hardly ever. Yea, the d-tilt is amazing. The one thing that sets Roy up for combos.

Thanks for the advice mate.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
actually... i do know something roy-related

pablo mentioned the d-tilt... which... if you d-tilt, and watch it, it takes a while to end actually... BUT! right before he starts retracting the sword, you can interrupt it by dashing and ONLY by dashing... so against fast fallers, you can usually do something like:

D-Tilt, Dash cancel, short hop f-air or up-air... then f-smash... killer combo.

i cant actually play roy, i just have mew2king knowledge, lol :-P

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
finals are over and i dont have work this friday, anyone doing a smash get-together? outlaw and I are wanting to go but have been to busy until now.

also, in regard to practicing against computers, what are your reasons for fighting lvl 7s or lvl 3 CFalcons?

tdizzle

Smash Rookie
Whos all going to the gamers against violence thing in tulsa? We should get some melee on :D.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
actually... i do know something roy-related

pablo mentioned the d-tilt... which... if you d-tilt, and watch it, it takes a while to end actually... BUT! right before he starts retracting the sword, you can interrupt it by dashing and ONLY by dashing... so against fast fallers, you can usually do something like:

D-Tilt, Dash cancel, short hop f-air or up-air... then f-smash... killer combo.

i cant actually play roy, i just have mew2king knowledge, lol :-P
Ahh, the IASA factor.

Whos all going to the gamers against violence thing in tulsa? We should get some melee on :D.
When is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom