• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
compared to texas who has been playing the game competitively for like four years longer than us... and has ten to twenty times the number of players, yeah, kinda...

compared to kansas... only if you count kansas city, lol

arkansas...no...just no... and probably not nm either... our #4 beat their #1 with zelda, rofl

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
OHSNAP3 is definitely going to be in the summer. We're also going to, I assume, advertise it under the MOAST Circuit, so it should be pretty big.

Gravity

Smash Ace
utah? whos that?

also i forgot where you said you lived IsYm...cant be bothered to type it all out...

depending on where it is we might be able to play. probably not though since im busy...whatever.

i really need to get better at stepmania, cant even beat 19 foot songs. sheesh.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I have not seen a good looking girl that played world of warcraft. Then again, i haven't seen more than 1 or 2 that played smash.

We do need to start working on ohsnap 3, especially since that is the only tournament i'm guaranteed to make.

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the congrats man. for some reason i kept thinking i was going to do horrible at the tourney, but i guess i was wrong.

lol 4th would have been good too.

I used marth in the tourney.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I wish I could have played you Seishiro, my ICies do better against Marth than Sheik (f*ckin gay I know).

We need to Roy ditto.

Smash Cadet
Wichita =/= Kansas
None of us would be considerd top 4 in the state.

A best of each state crew battle would end up with
1.Texas
2. Kansas
3. Nebraska (They've got 3-5 >= KOS-MOS level smashers)
4. Oklahoma

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Wichita =/= Kansas

1.Texas
2. Kansas
4. Oklahoma

thats only if you count kansas city (being MOSTLY in missouri) as kansas, then yes, lol)

and none of us have played nebraska... so that can't be judged yet

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
man nebraska has TV's powered by corn...

We oughta beat em.

I'm curious, how long do ya'll usually practice a day?

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I don't practice. This isn't an "i'm awesome" statement, i just don't own a copy of smash. I can keep up with everyone though, so it's cool.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Well I usually practice at least 30 minutes a day, purely on wavedashing mostly. If it goes more than 30 minutes, I usually spend the rest of the time battlin lvl 7 comps, workin the L-Cancel, and trying to learn new combos.

Gravity

Smash Ace
never. the only practice i get is fighting people, which averages out to an hour a week at best.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Well I guess you guys don't have much to worry bout, seein as how you have school still to get through,and you're mostly all decently skilled. Decent as in compared to pros, no offence intended.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I'm proud with the progress i've made in smash over time. I don't see myself getting much better than this though.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'll practice for 30 minutes to an hour every so often. I should probably practice more though, to ensure a higher level of perfection for my tech skill. Though, when I practice alone, I'm always afraid that my mindgames will get stale. Though, I suppose that not playing at all would have the same, if not a worse, effect, eh?

wut?

Smash Apprentice
i only get to pracitcie with gt but it's cool i dont even have a cube but im a pretty good smasher kinda

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Only reason why I really work with him is simple: Diversity. Just wantin to stand out amongst the regularly used characters.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Wichita =/= Kansas

1.Texas
2. Kansas
4. Oklahoma
I disagree with this statement. That's all I will say on the matter.

KOS-MOS is indeed very good. He is ranked #1 in OK for a reason. However, I would not judge all of Oklahoma based on KOS-MOS alone. There are a couple of guys here that I think are on the verge of hitting Pro-level skill that no one has really heard of. No, I am not one of those guys, but I AM fairly decent for someone who hardly plays anymore ;)
No offense to Chris, but he is not the only high-level player in Oklahoma.

There really needs to be a way to settle all of this "Best State in the Southwest" stuff... We all know Texas is numero uno, but when you're the one of the largest states in the entire country, well, you oughta be able to churn out a few top-tier players...

wut?

Smash Apprentice
im a sheik roy and my main is ice climers who's your main and i agree po what your saying makes sense

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with this statement. That's all I will say on the matter.

KOS-MOS is indeed very good. He is ranked #1 in OK for a reason. However, I would not judge all of Oklahoma based on KOS-MOS alone. There are a couple of guys here that I think are on the verge of hitting Pro-level skill that no one has really heard of. No, I am not one of those guys, but I AM fairly decent for someone who hardly plays anymore ;)
No offense to Chris, but he is not the only high-level player in Oklahoma.

There really needs to be a way to settle all of this "Best State in the Southwest" stuff... We all know Texas is numero uno, but when you're the one of the largest states in the entire country, well, you oughta be able to churn out a few top-tier players...
Well I'd be more than happy to take on one of those top okie players.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
....texas, number one in the southwest?

...ARIZONA BABY!!!

kansas and nebraska are midwest so nobody cares, lol..

oklahoma is probably 3rd or a close 4th for southwest...

and considering most of arizona and texas' top players have been playing competitively for years, thats pretty **** good

Gravity

Smash Ace
wow, everytime i see last post by drew or bwill, i always fear that ive been banned somehow.

anyway AZ>TX imo.

texas has tgm. no matter what else they have going for them they have tgm.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Every time i see b will post i check my PM's for infractions.

I wonder how many matches it will take for people to realize i'm low on the pr's due to inactivity.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I wonder how many matches it will take for people to realize i'm low on the pr's due to inactivity.
Probably the same as the number of licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.

But you should ask Mr. Owl, just to be sure.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
a one....a two.....a three.....4-STOCK!

...three

anybody ever seen bio dome? funny *** movie.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Why are you guys underestimating NM!!!!!!!

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Becuz NM is a bunch of indians that live in TPs.

Nah just playin. NM isn't known to have anyone good, or at least stand out.

Edit: AND WTF I can't ever seem to submit a frickin video of my "Rate my roy video" thing. It's not even 2:20 seconds long, and it's somehow over 100 megs...how the crap do I butcher the megs just a bit.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yea, I know. I should have at least tried to rig the tourney for myself, but I am too nice about that. I lost to Tetsuya and Troll, who are amazing players. Ok didn't place at our tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom