• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey bryan in my game is it ok if i call the enimies (dark shadow entity things) zinth? That one time when we were joking about there being like more than one zinth actually sounded kinda cool, (You canot defeat the zinth...) (We zinth are the future) lol. And it sounds really good for a bad guy type name. So.....how bout it?! Is it ok?

Oh and thanks pablo and andy for your input!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey bryan in my game is it ok if i call the enimies (dark shadow entity things) zinth? That one time when we were joking about there being like more than one zinth actually sounded kinda cool, (You canot defeat the zinth...) (We zinth are the future) lol. And it sounds really good for a bad guy type name. So.....how bout it?! Is it ok?
Hmm, sure. All the more fame for me :chuckle:

And new idea: you should let me compose (that's right, compose, unless you already have original compositions in mind) and produce the musical score for your game. Since I <3 GarageBand.

Gravity

Smash Ace
so, jumping with y totally owns jumping with x.

a poorly veiled effort at returning the topic to smash, but smash needs to be talked about. its awesome.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, I just wanna wish all the guys going to Wichita Good Luck. Not that you guys are gonna need it... OK Smashers are TOO GOOD.

Chris, just leave my controller at Babac's when you guys get back. Oh yeah, don't forget...

Get big! GET MARIO BIG!!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it; you'll find out soon enough.
makes it sound like some big conspiracy or government project. or even worse, a platform RPG storyline.

it's just smashboards. dunno why so many people care the OK thread got killed. i just wish there was a caveat.

there's something i still don't know though:
why is the game show network more addicting than heroin?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Who knows, well no i don't have a composer yet i was gona ask a different forum to find one but i can let you make a song or two and see what i think of it. Cool, i'll use it then.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
[there's something i still don't know though:
why is the game show network more addicting than heroin?
You got me there. I usually two time it, by injecting myself with heroine WHILE watching The Price Is Right....
At least that way I see myself IN the game show.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i think its just tv in general thats addicting, and for you its game shows...might be wrong though...
back when i watched tv, whenever i happened across the gameshow channel i always got stuck for an hour or two....

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Question: Does anyone ever use that "Warp Pipe" thing?

I was just curious if it was worth the trouble of settin up, seein as how I can't find ANY smashers in my area. I know there is a ton in San Antonio, but those SA threads are so **** slow.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Last time i used a warp pipe i woke up in Green Hill Zone with no memory of who i was or how i got there.

I've done a little searching and found out why the mods closed down the OK thread.

*ahem*

I stumbled on some coordinates to a military base which is supposedly run by a top secret canadian government organization. Which is called the Branch of Weapons Initialized Legally, Lisenced and Deft in our Rafts of Experience in Warfare. Or B.W.I.L.L & D.R.E.W.

This particular base is located in Montreal, where there are 8000 posts and rising. Their plan was to use these forums to conquer the world. While we are "getting better" and "going to tournaments" they are constructing an army to overthrow the Mexican government. Why Mexico? Because then they could send in spies to the US as gardeners, pool workers, janitors, factory workers, roofers, and fast food managers. They could take over the US one McDonalds at a time.

Now i bet you're asking yourselves, what does any of this have to do with them closing the OK thread? Well when the thread hit 100 posts it became alive. It was given a name and could perform simple commands like "throw a smashfest". when the OK thread hit 1000 posts it could handle more complex commands like "start an annual tournament in Oklahoma" and it would automatically find the best venue (keeping in mind hundreds of different variables like price, luxury, food, price, electricity, price, and food). If the forum would have hit 10,000 posts it could have started to think for itself. It could have destroyed that Conspiratorial organization from the inside out. The mods were originally going to get the montreal thread to do this first so that they didn't have to do any work anymore. But if the OK thread made it to 10,000 posts first it could have wiped out the Montreal thread and saved us all. The mods didn't think we could make it to 10,000 so soon, but they began to worry when we surpassed montreal in posts.

They couldn't delete it right then and there because too many questions would be asked. So they had to wait until the very last minute before they decided to take action.

This means now we have to spam. Spam this thread like you have cancer and posting is the cure. We can still make it to 10,000 before Montreal and save the world. We can do it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Last time i used a warp pipe i woke up in Green Hill Zone with no memory of who i was or how i got there.

I've done a little searching and found out why the mods closed down the OK thread.

*ahem*

I stumbled on some coordinates to a military base which is supposedly run by a top secret canadian government organization. Which is called the Branch of Weapons Initialized Legally, Lisenced and Deft in our Rafts of Experience in Warfare. Or B.W.I.L.L & D.R.E.W.

This particular base is located in Montreal, where there are 8000 posts and rising. Their plan was to use these forums to conquer the world. While we are "getting better" and "going to tournaments" they are constructing an army to overthrow the Mexican government. Why Mexico? Because then they could send in spies to the US as gardeners, pool workers, janitors, factory workers, roofers, and fast food managers. They could take over the US one McDonalds at a time.

Now i bet you're asking yourselves, what does any of this have to do with them closing the OK thread? Well when the thread hit 100 posts it became alive. It was given a name and could perform simple commands like "throw a smashfest". when the OK thread hit 1000 posts it could handle more complex commands like "start an annual tournament in Oklahoma" and it would automatically find the best venue (keeping in mind hundreds of different variables like price, luxury, food, price, electricity, price, and food). If the forum would have hit 10,000 posts it could have started to think for itself. It could have destroyed that Conspiratorial organization from the inside out. The mods were originally going to get the montreal thread to do this first so that they didn't have to do any work anymore. But if the OK thread made it to 10,000 posts first it could have wiped out the Montreal thread and saved us all. The mods didn't think we could make it to 10,000 so soon, but they began to worry when we surpassed montreal in posts.

They couldn't delete it right then and there because too many questions would be asked. So they had to wait until the very last minute before they decided to take action.

This means now we have to spam. Spam this thread like you have cancer and posting is the cure. We can still make it to 10,000 before Montreal and save the world. We can do it.
Hmm, I think Shanx wins, guys.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Why the crap do ya'll still drag that subject out. It's just a thread, the world doesn't end there...woop-dee-doo.

I don't even know what this whole "Montreal" thread is about, nor do I care. You have a thread NOW, so be happy with it. It's a forum, some mods tend to have power trips, sometimes it's expected of.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Why the crap do ya'll still drag that subject out. It's just a thread, the world doesn't end there...woop-dee-doo.

I don't even know what this whole "Montreal" thread is about, nor do I care. You have a thread NOW, so be happy with it. It's a forum, some mods tend to have power trips, sometimes it's expected of.
...Get out >___>

(Joking)

Hmm, I wonder how many Kansans OK has four-stocked by now. Lawl.

Gravity

Smash Ace

And you call yourself an oklahoman!?

your walking on ice pal.

thin ice.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman

YOU SHUT YOUR ***** MOUTH WHEN OKLAHOMANS ARE TALKING! A part of me died on that fateful day.

Joking, but it marked the end of an era for us.

Zinth, EVERYBODY. It would be irony if they all lost horribly though, isn't that right Drew.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah, i guess you touched a nerve there....

also shanx, sometimes i dont know how you win so hard.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, guys! I got results from Fo Sho direct from Coty.

SINGLES:
1st: KOS-MOS
2nd: South_Paw
3rd: I don't know
4th: Simply Rice
5th: RASTAIMPOSTA(!) Too good, Babac, too good.

TEAMS:
1st: KOS-MOS&South_Paw
2nd: RASTAIMPOSTA&PAY$(!?!) Again, too good, Babac, too good, indeed...

Wow, great job, guys! Way to rep Oklahoma! Chris, the Luigi Controller came through, huh? Now you have to share some of your awesome pwning skills with me...
Coty, hot shiz, as usual. Yes, Peach is quite ghey, is she not?
BABAC... You *******... Now you're official.
PAY$, you STILL suck, I don't care how high you place in teams... What happened in Singles, chump? LOL. Just joking, great job, my young apprentice...

Gravity

Smash Ace
lol
3rd: I dont know.

but anyway, thanks for the results po, and way to own it up OK.

any 4 stocking occur?

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys! I got results from Fo Sho direct from Coty.

SINGLES:
1st: KOS-MOS
2nd: South_Paw
3rd: I don't know
4th: Simply Rice
5th: RASTAIMPOSTA(!) Too good, Babac, too good.

TEAMS:
1st: KOS-MOS&South_Paw
2nd: RASTAIMPOSTA&PAY$(!?!) Again, too good, Babac, too good, indeed...

Wow, great job, guys! Way to rep Oklahoma! Chris, the Luigi Controller came through, huh? Now you have to share some of your awesome pwning skills with me...
Coty, hot shiz, as usual. Yes, Peach is quite ghey, is she not?
BABAC... You *******... Now you're official.
PAY$, you STILL suck, I don't care how high you place in teams... What happened in Singles, chump? LOL. Just joking, great job, my young apprentice...
Nice work team Oklahoma :cool: And really good shiz from Babac and Paemon, though I expected Paemon to place into top 5 (probably unlucky w/ brackets). Hope footage was recorded ^_^

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah. lol, etc.

anyway, i'm going to be focusing on my studies until graduation guys, so i won't see you until june. if no one has planned ohsnap3 by then i'll try to. but yeah, consider this my break. not really a hiatus, just a large prioritization.

school>DDR>g/friend>making brett feel stupid>acting>WoW>reading>preparing for AP tests>smash

blaaaah

South_Paw

Smash Ace
So wait Kansas is like Oklahoma's.... Oklahoma?

Also lolz at B-Will droppin hints.
...i have nothing to say to you...

in other news... i need to correct the results real quick :p

1. Chris
2. Me
3. West (random guy, no idea where he's from)
4. Victor
5. Babac

and teams as right, plus victor and rice got third (which me and chris 6 stocked on the first match :-D)

singles finals were recorded... /tears... lol j/k, there's going to be some pretty good stuff in them... like me getting chaingrabbed to all hell on fd on the last match >__>... or my AMAZING comeback on PS :-P... and how gay all of the fox/peach matches were... chris says downsmash i say upthrow up air... that's pretty much the whole fight, lol

but yeah... went to Old Chicago again (the food is STILL delicious!) and overall it was a pretty good tourney... despite the dozen or so no-shows >__>

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Paemon would have placed in top 5, I probably would havent gotten third, but we both did so ****ty in the pools that I had to fight chris 2nd round and paemon had to fight coty, which ofcourse we lost. Then in the losers bracket me and paemon had to fight, I had to take him out, I could have beaten victor, I just realized how to beat him on the last match when we both had one stock left. I was mad, but its cool, 3rd place only got like $30 anyway.
1st Place Teams- $120
2nd Place TEams- $60
who cares about third, but they got $20
1st Place Singles- $175
2nd Place Singles- $110 ( I think...)
Cant remember what 3rd got.

Anyway this tourny was a let down because it was hard to find, funny funny stuff in the car though, and 80 people were suppose to show up and....I think only 36 actually did. Convince them to have a Fo Sho 2 This Time Its For Real so we can go back there and have old chicago.

Oh yah, Chris and Coty kicked me and paemon's ***** in teams and in singles, so Im going to go practice right now.

Brandon, Ive got your controller.

wut?

Smash Apprentice
go pay$ and rasta and kos mos and south paw etc oklahoma kicken some kansas ***

p.s any vids

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
dude oklahoma rep\. thru and thru it was awesome. im just glad i won more than i lost. it was worth it. ifu didnt go u missed out on some classic matches

wut?

Smash Apprentice
Way to show everyone we aren't horrible...

And yes B-Will, Kansas : Oklahoma : : Oklahoma : Texas
Next year I'm sure Kansas will beat Nebraska, and so on until we have North Dakota beating various Canadian Provinces.

BTW this is Gt

Can't wait for them vids...

Seishiro

Smash Apprentice
My name is west lol. I was the one that placed third. Yea i know, no one really knows me because im kinda new to the tourney scene, besides that was my first tourney.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
My name is west lol. I was the one that placed third. Yea i know, no one really knows me because im kinda new to the tourney scene, besides that was my first tourney.
Congrats on taking 3rd, dude. It really speaks about your ability if you can take 3rd in tourney with guys like KOS-MOS and South_Paw in it. If I had been there, you probably would have had to settle for 4th, LOL.
Seriously, good job. Now when can we expect vids? I wanna see some pwnage, darn it!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Man, I've definitely gotta make it to Fo Sho 3. I'll probably have my liscence by then, though, so the chances of said occasion are more likely.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Way to rep Oklahoma. I thought(Only b/c I had heard) that okies sucked at smash compared to the surrounding states. Show them loser kansas kids what's up man.

I seriously need to get in some actual practice with someone else other than a lvl 7 computer. How boring.

Oh...and congrats to the new kid who took third. You da man. What character did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom