• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Babac let me come over again this Saturday, told my parents I would be working again >.>;. I expect you to beat my Fox with jiggs at least once the next time I come over :p(that means don't get 4 stocked :p).

B-Will: I want to play you >.>.

Sars Pirate: Welcome! Also, I play Peach, I know.. really gay right?

Coty: I need to get in some matches with you man! You're too good!

Pablo: All I gotta say is... too good.

Andy: You get the award for best f-smash ever... nuff said.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey if chris is coming over can i come over?

i probably cant anyways, but if i can id like to go.

and yeah it was the best f smash ever.

-edit- i use zerg as well, but i havent played in so long i forgot all my uber build orders and i even forgot the prerequisites for stuff...although sometimes i use terran...

either way i wont be able to play until this weekend, if then, but hopefully sometime soon, and if not, theres always the summer.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
oh come on oklahoma not that bad...

sure you may live in the middle of nowhere and all there is in between cities is cows...but in arizona all you have is deserts.

you can die in those. noone dies in cows.
lol...
Phrase of the day goes to andy
as well as best f-smash ever

anyways andy if you can go to babac's i wanna go too...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
wait...mooremen....morman....mormen...omg!?!?! n/m n/m n/m!!! lol i like moore....smashers of OK (MSO) better...lol

South_Paw

Smash Ace
so's b-will, lol...

but i guess its true... black people AND half asians suck, lololololol

racism aside... babac just sucks

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Sars! I think its time that Nytetime came to Oklahoma! I am teh Nicknyte and me and teh Sars are from the Louisiana district? Ya feel me?

Sars, I should give them the Nyte Spikes.

Seriously, My name is Nicknyte and I MAY be coming to OK this summer. It aint in stone but I hope to see yall.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
nyte spikes, i'd like to introduce you to the shanx com.....why'd you have to die so quick?

In all seriousness, i hope i get to play you, sars, and b will, and i hope i bring my A game as well.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
its amazing thats what it is!!!

where in oklahoma? (it helps out us on here if you put your location on your profile) what city?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
its amazing thats what it is!!!
Quoted for truth!

Anyway, welcome to the scene Benedetto. Like South_Paw asked, where in OK? We have Smashers all over.

Anyway, hope you can make it Nicknyte, especially if you're around for OHSNAP3, which, if advertized as part of the MOAST Circuit (as expected), should be quite the event.

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
Quoted for truth!

Anyway, welcome to the scene Benedetto. Like South_Paw asked, where in OK? We have Smashers all over.

Anyway, hope you can make it Nicknyte, especially if you're around for OHSNAP3, which, if advertized as part of the MOAST Circuit (as expected), should be quite the event.

I'm originally from OKC, and now I live and go to college at OSU-Okmulgee (small town east of OKC, south of Tulsa) but I go back to OKC every weekend.

I just picked up Melee a few days ago and haven't master any of the advanced techniques, but I'd like to attend some events to learn more. However, in my experience most tournament players aren't so novice friendly (I come from the hardcore MtG scene). Is it worth going now or should I hone my skills first?

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
Last tournament I played in was Standard states (champs?) with Time Spiral in real life (rl I played only Standard but I played all formats online @ magic-league.com). I quit before planar chaos was released, but I'm just now getting back into it.

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
Heartbeat was good, I played Red Deck Wins in that format as it was relatively cheap and I had a lot of experience with it. (I got second with it on the Magic-League pre-champs Masters Tourney losing to the 50-50 mirror).

I know what you mean about money, but you can always play for free on Magic-League.com ^_^

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Welcome Benedetto, I recently was introduced to the scene here and don't worry: The doods here are helpful. What character(s) do you play? Wow, I used to play MtG back in the day. Kamigawa block are the most recent cards I have though : /

Gravity

Smash Ace
i have never played MtG.

anyway if youre looking for some sort of event in OKC occasionally rasta imposta holds one, but dont really plan on it until the summer, but im sure someone will step up so you can get introduced.

i am interested in your character choice as well...

and last but not least welcome. we are accepting of everyone, and as far *** going to tournies, even if you cant do advanced techs you should go anyway, theres bound to be someone there around your skill level who you can do friendlies with....

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ooooh wow, I kind of used to play MtG as well. It was Yu-Gi-Oh! that I played in tournaments (which I won) though.

And yeah, don't worry, everyone here is friendly :)

And Gravity brings up a good point: which characters do you use?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Wrong, I believe she is one of the hardest. Reasons why? You can get a very good feel for wavedashing with her, she doesnt have to Lcancel and can trick you if you dont catch it, she cant dash dance very well, he short hop is HUGE and by the time you land there is no need to lcancel, and she is gay.

Learn to Lcancel- Use Link
Learn to dash dance- Use Marth or Roy
Learn to Wavedash- Use Luigi
Learn to shuffle- Use Falco, Ganon, or Link
Learn to Kick ***- Use the Rasta 3 (ICs, Jiggs, Fox)

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
Welcome Benedetto, I am Keroku. Hope you go to more events than I do (which is two right now o_O;) and would like to play you when the chance floats around. Actually there is supposed a Monthly comin' up soon. We STILL haven't had a day set yet, but hope to have one soon.
It's always good for new people to show up. I myself came here in July, and I sucked big then; though I still suck now, but not as much. anyways, nice to meet you.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
@Kos-Mos: >_<!!! Guess I'll have to make sure my Marth doesn't get rusty before I meet you. Unless you're one of those freakishly good Peach players who still manage to **** Marths by somehow getting past his range.

@ Benedetto: Meh, the best way to learn characters isn't really to switch between others to get techniques down but to drill your favorite character's techniques down and then basically spamming them in matches to prove you can do them under pressure. After that, it's just about understanding the movements, seeing when during the spams X technique worked, and then working on your game from there.

Also, Luigi's not exactly the easiest to wavedash with. It may be obvious as hell when he does it, but obvious =/= easy. The easiest would probably be Samus or Marth, but I can't remember jump frames off hand even though Samus is supposed to leave the ground as fast as Fox does . . .

But whatever. I don't think you should play a character first because you think that she's the easiest to get a feel of. Even though Sheik does have a very impressive list of attacks and can combo anyone really well, it still takes a lot of mindgames and (weird, but it's true) a bit of technicality in order to beat people with Sheik now a days because her game is so simple and can be easily predicted (Like for example, everyone should know to not get grabbed . . .).

But that's just me and my smash theory talking. >_> But if it were just up to me, I'd say to just go for whatever character you feel most comfortable with and then just hanging out with the dudes on in OK.

*leaves back to Louisiana board*

Gravity

Smash Ace
wavedashing is incredibly easy with samus, and her timing for wd is about the same as marth, however, she has the highest shorthop in the game. so pick and choose.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
sars: Yes, Kos Mos is one of those peaches.

Benedetto: You can pick up any character at all to main. it's actually alot better to get good with one character so you can "troubleshoot" midmatch better. If you want to main sheik, then go for it.

Zinth: You look like the main kid from the movie "Cursed". This adds one more person to our Look-alikes board, which i have been carefully monitoring.

Rasta: Saturday?

Andy: Rasta's saturday?

Shade: You should change your name to kai.

Kos Mos: I'm gonna beat you (one of these)satur(day)(s).

Shanx Out.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to say that billy...
Smashfest err, get together I mean.

Though I might not be able to make it,
I'm feeling like **** today...
I might though...
We gotta new guy huh?
My advice is for you to pick someone you like and get real good
That's all I got...

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sheik is pretty easy to pick up...definitely not as hard to pick up as Bowser (wait for it...wait for it...) I almost threw my back out the other day trying to pick him up. Huh yuck. Lame joke aside I say whoever you feel fits you, you should use. As for learning techniques, practice practice prack-tice. If you ever talk with Dokkoise he might help you with her, but I won't speak for him.

On a different note, is there anything planned this weekend?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Sheik is pretty easy to pick up...definitely not as hard to pick up as Bowser (wait for it...wait for it...) I almost threw my back out the other day trying to pick him up. Huh yuck. Lame joke aside I say whoever you feel fits you, you should use. As for learning techniques, practice practice prack-tice.
AWWW that was a bad one man lol
You're punny.

If you ever talk with Dokkoise he might help you with her, but I won't speak for him.
Don't let him try to teach stuff with marth,
He'll show you one thing and while you're trying to figure it out he'll just end up four-stocking you...
:p

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
Alright

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

I will probably end up maining Marth, because I like characters with reach (and more importantly, swords). I was (am) a much bigger fan of SSB 64 than Melee (which is why its taken me so long to finally play it). I wouldn't play anything but Link (I was very shocked to learn he is at the lowest tier), and I think Marth will probably give me that Link feel from the old SSB.

I'm taking Rastas advice, mostly so I can improve on the basic mechanics of Melee. I will still be able to develop a main as well.

Greetings, Keroku. Glad to know there may be a rival at my skill level >:)

I'm in OKC right now and will be here all next week if anyone is up for some tutoring. (I can/am willing to drive)

plasman

Smash Apprentice
... and I think Marth will probably give me that Link feel from the old SSB.
Link's my main, and while I may not be GERM, aniki, Trevyn etc. (yet...haha) I know that the only way to get the Link feel is to play Link. Though some would say Marth is THE bomb, he cannot (alas) use A bomb. While there are those that would say he tosses you around the stage like a boomerang, he does not (regrettably) have access to a boomerang. Still there are those who wish all to BOW to their Marth techniques, he never once (not even so much as) uses a Bow.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Link's my main, and while I may not be GERM, aniki, Trevyn etc. (yet...haha) I know that the only way to get the Link feel is to play Link. Though some would say Marth is THE bomb, he cannot (alas) use A bomb. While there are those that would say he tosses you around the stage like a boomerang, he does not (regrettably) have access to a boomerang. Still there are those who wish all to BOW to their Marth techniques, he never once (not even so much as) uses a Bow.
Lol... that was so... I don't even know... lol.

Anyway, Link actually isn't in the bottom tier, and, while he may be low-tier, he can still hold his own. Aniki, one of the best players to ever use Link, has actually beaten Ken's (a player who is widely regarded as the "King of Smash", incase you didn't know) Marth in some games (which were recorded) using Link.

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
Lol... that was so... I don't even know... lol.

Anyway, Link actually isn't in the bottom tier, and, while he may be low-tier, he can still hold his own. Aniki, one of the best players to ever use Link, has actually beaten Ken's (a player who is widely regarded as the "King of Smash", incase you didn't know) Marth in some games (which were recorded) using Link.
I was referring to the tiering for SSB 64. My friends actually thought Link was overpowered and would ban him on occasion. It made me laugh to look at the tiers in the SSB 64 topic here and see him at the bottom. It was one of those "that can't be right" moments. Maybe if Fox wasn't so fast :chuckle:

South_Paw

Smash Ace
and dont take rasta's advice... we say he sucks for a reason.. and that reason is... because he sucks....

don't take omega stars advice... he's just a bunch of hot air

dont take vega's advice, he's a bag of sand

don't take shades advice. he doesnt eat pancakes

dont take kos-mos' advice... PEACH IS F$CKING GAY1!!!!!!!!

dont take my advice... im just a dirty bird

Gravity

Smash Ace
dont take my advice...dodge my missiles instead...

anyway i completely forgot what i was gonna say...

oh yeah, aniki beat kens marth with samus without wavedashing. how crazy is that. omg. i mean really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom