• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Niagara Thread - PR Update 07/14/2013

Chase35

Smash Rookie
Falco and Fox, im still trying to decide which i should stick with and learn more thoroughly.

like i said though I am new to playing the game in advanced way but I love the game.

Watching evo 2013 this year really made me want to get into it haha.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
well niko plays fox and rockinrudy plays falco rockinrudy actually goes to niagara too so he could show u a bunch of stuff

Niko_K

Smash Master
Chase I just PM'd you buddy. Lately I haven't been using the boards as much as I normally do but I'm hoping that we can get the large number of those in the FB group to post here then perhaps something can be organized. Until then, I'm always up for friendlies and teaching people to the best of my ability.

Also if we buy tickets to Toronto a week in advanced on Megabus' website we can get tickets for $3-$7 per way which is amazing. I'll be going to friendlies and tournaments at A&C in Toronto a lot more now that I know of that heavenly deal.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Yo Kason who actually plays together and does fests in Hamilton? That MegaBus ordeal applies to St.Catharines -> Hamilton -> St.Catharines as well its like $1 each way if booked 5days in advanced.

Basically I'm sayin I'd come out a couple times a week to play frinedlies. I want to and I don't want to hear anything about school etc just book me in your next free day niggerino.​

SneakyBeav

Smash Rookie
Hey,

So where abouts do these tournaments take place? I'm in st kitts and would love to come out and watch one sometime :)

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Yo Kason who actually plays together and does fests in Hamilton? That MegaBus ordeal applies to St.Catharines -> Hamilton -> St.Catharines as well its like $1 each way if booked 5days in advanced.

Basically I'm sayin I'd come out a couple times a week to play frinedlies. I want to and I don't want to hear anything about school etc just book me in your next free day ******ino.
O.o yo a dollar each way wtf is this black magic.

come out this weekend we're havin a few people over either saturday or sunday i'll keep you posted

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
Lol ask niko hes been talkin bout settin up a torney for such a long time but hes never done it

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
im 99% sure im free tomorow so im down to come to st kitts tomorow if anyone wants to get som practice in i really need it lol been 2 months since i played :(

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yo niko come up next thursday, we could get praccy in before the anc.

also were gonna start having small monthlies outta my living room, so that applys to anyone that's down

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Falco and Fox, im still trying to decide which i should stick with and learn more thoroughly.

like i said though I am new to playing the game in advanced way but I love the game.

Watching evo 2013 this year really made me want to get into it haha.

Yea I haven't been on in awhile. I have been really busy you can ask 2kool XD. I'v been trying to get to his house but school keeps getting in the way. Hopefully us 3 can work a few things out so we can play.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Looks like its time to start posting again!!

I have an awesome venue here in St.Catharines for Smash and I was thinking of making it a PM/SSBM tournament in order to attract more entrants. 20 people at $10 venue fee will cover the massive venue which includes a bar for the entire day (11am-midnight). I can pay for it in advanced and then collect the venue fee the day of. I just don't want to announce anything prematurely in order to create the momentum necessary for a high attendance tournament.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for a tournament or something near Welland or Port Colborne. Anyone know if anything is planned anytime soon?

Brad is hosting a Tournament, and pretty much all St.Catharines players are going. Check the Niagara group on Facebook and consult with Brad.

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's Brad and I. We're going to be hosting it at Club La Salle which is a very spacious venue with a built in PA system and employee working the bar serving alcohol and drinks. Posting on the boards is important so don't depend on Facebook as your sole means of communication. Lots of valuable information here. Also our Power Rankings and event schedule is in the OP of this thread. That of which will be updated as the scene is slowly brought back to life.

Chase35

Smash Rookie
people in this thread should go to the trove, I went on friday and there was quite a few people I had fun and will be going again :D

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
So just a heads up (if anybody cares lol) im pretty much done with smash factors of living in a dead area and busy work/school schedule hav pretty much taken their toll on me lol i mite go to the ocassional getogethor for fun but im pretty much done with the competitive aspect of this game goodluck to everyone else tho <3

Niko_K

Smash Master
You can't find any challenges? Dude I pwn your **** put some effort into coming by.You'd get better playing me.

Also I haven't announced the tournament yet because I haven't saved the $200 to pay for the venue in advanced. Soon though. It's winter anyways wait for it to warm up. Place is right on the beach.

oats_

Smash Apprentice
Anyone go to Brock University who plays smash?

Also, are there weekly friendlies at the toy trove on Fridays? A couple months back my friend told me there was, but I'm not sure if they still go on. If there are, around what time are they?

Top Bottom