• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Niagara Thread - PR Update 07/14/2013

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Awesome smash 64 matches at Brenn's house. Hope to play you all next week. Also the free pizza was great, tastes better XD. See you all next week.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I personally don't see the purpose of practicing N64 when we have more than enough players interested in SSBM to help each other grow and understand the game at a deeper level. It's a waste of time in all honesty. I have fun playing N64 when I go to Brens to hangout with him but we should be dedicating time towards Melee on a consistent basis as opposed to putting so much energy into getting together for casual N64.

I'm always free to play SSBM so text me at 289 228 2373 whenever any of you want to do so. 2kool2kare has already come by for long practices and so has Bing + MED$ as well. Linksta and Smoke310 are also going to start making an effort to come practice as well so we have some promising numbers in helping us reach a higher skill level to compete with the GTA.

So if any of you besides RockinRudy have the time on Mondays to go out to Brens you should consider how it would be a great opportunity to come by my place for some real productive SSBM practice.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't see the purpose of practicing N64 when we have more than enough players interested in SSBM to help each other grow and understand the game at a deeper level. It's a waste of time in all honesty. I have fun playing N64 when I go to Brens to hangout with him but we should be dedicating time towards Melee on a consistent basis as opposed to putting so much energy into getting together for casual N64.

I'm always free to play SSBM so text me at 289 228 2373 whenever any of you want to do so. 2kool2kare has already come by for long practices and so has Bing + MED$ as well. Linksta and Smoke310 are also going to start making an effort to come practice as well so we have some promising numbers in helping us reach a higher skill level to compete with the GTA.

So if any of you besides RockinRudy have the time on Mondays to go out to Brens you should consider how it would be a great opportunity to come by my place for some real productive SSBM practice.

First off, I don't need much practicing with Mario in smash 64. It's pretty solid. Everything is there at tournament level, I just need to be sure with frame times. I go to hopefully improve Bren's and others game if they want. I know every match up. I have also been playing the game longer then anyone of you at a competitive level. It's not my fault you guys are casuals at the game and don't want to be serious in learning the motto "Don't get hit" and zero to death combos. I see Bren is catching up with Ness, he just needs to be a little quicker.

Zach has been playing with you guys for a long time. He knows most of the tech skill with Doc. Yet I still haven't seen much improvement since the last time I played him and he apparently played with you guys a lot. Aren't we suppose to be helping each other out to be prepared to go up against high end players?

If you don't want to learn 64 smash by all means play go play melee a game that you are familiar and have a great deal of knowledge in already.

Also what's your beef with me Niko? "Besides me"? Haha. That's funny *rolls eyes*. Explain.

Niko_K

Smash Master
There is no community for N64, it's a waste of our time to even focus on it. Sure you can go play with Bren on Mondays but that's my last priority.

Zach has gotten a lot better at SSBM and we do help each other out a lot. I don't get why you still feel the need to give any input towards Melee when you don't play it with us or enter any events regarding the game in the first place.

We already know N64 and Isai's motto of don't get hit. It applies to SSBM just as much. I'm not nearly as knowledgable at SSBM as I'd like to be and there is always room for improvement.

My beef with you is pretty simple. You don't enter events and don't care about getting better at SSBM. N64 is nothing more than a fun variation of smash to play from time to time but it certainly doesn't have the competitive prowess and depth that SSBM has.

Our community is trying to harbor a nice SSBM community and every individual counts. You've clearly chosen to act counter productive to our goals as an SSBM community by not entering events and only playing smash with people if its N64 because you enjoy beating people at N64 but don't enjoy learning SSBM to get to where you are in N64. Not to mention I don't even own my own N64 controller and every other controller available to play with you is absolute garbage. Furthermore its just a waste of time that we could be dedicating towards SSBM, yknow the game that just had 135 000 viewers at EVO. The game that actually matters.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
i understand nikos point of view on this whole smash64 vs ssbm but honestly if ryan wants to play smash64 and get better competitively or just to have fun thats on him, and niko u shouldnt be jumping down his throat for it he does play ssbm and is nonetheless a member of the community just as much as anyone else

that being said ryan it was highly disrespectful of you accusing niko of wanting more people to enter so that there is a bigger "pot" for him to take home. he always tries to go to toronto tourneys with players like unknown, kirbykaze etc. niko is a great player and no disrespect but he still needs alot of work to get to the toronto players level. i dont think someone who constantly joins tourneys with people who are better than him is in it for the money. niko has a great reputation for helping the community grow and really does do it for the love of the game.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
i understand nikos point of view on this whole smash64 vs ssbm but honestly if ryan wants to play smash64 and get better competitively or just to have fun thats on him, and niko u shouldnt be jumping down his throat for it he does play ssbm and is nonetheless a member of the community just as much as anyone else

that being said ryan it was highly disrespectful of you accusing niko of wanting more people to enter so that there is a bigger "pot" for him to take home. he always tries to go to toronto tourneys with players like unknown, kirbykaze etc. niko is a great player and no disrespect but he still needs alot of work to get to the toronto players level. i dont think someone who constantly joins tourneys with people who are better than him is in it for the money. niko has a great reputation for helping the community grow and really does do it for the love of the game.

Then he shouldn't talk **** about other players. What he has been saying is much more dis respectful. Yes I understand he is a good player. But shouldn't be taking it out on others. There is a huge line between Smash 64 and Melee and even Brawl. There is no comparison, they are all different games. Bashing one is not the answer. Niko is just bad at it simple as that. Blaming the controller is another pathetic excuse as I swapped my controller around. If he thinks Kirby, Pikachu and Fox is "Simple" in Smash 64 he is uninformed as they are very technical characters.

I don't see why you are defending him Abdule while he attacked another member of this "Community", that he left for months for.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
wat do u mean 'defending him'. i said if u wana play smash 64 then its on you and he shouldnt complain about it.

and you guys both attacked each other...

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't have to like everybody. It isn't my responsibility as a community member to be neutral towards everyone and not express my true feelings about people when they ask. I know the line between games very well as I played Brawl at a very high level for a long time before finally switching to SSBM permanently. I never once said anything about Smash 64 being simple but in regards to game mechanisms SSBM is the deeper game as the array of options is larger. Just a logical statement. The N64 controllers we were using were horrible but I never blamed that for the outcome of our matches. I've acknowledged that you are the best out of us at 64 but that's not the game that our events are based around and thus my focus is on having as many players for SSBM as we can.

Also Ryan I didn't "leave" for months, it's a lot deeper than that. I had been banned from The Toy Trove from Todd for months because of an argument him and I got into regarding the use of space in the spare room. I had just been allowed back the day of the recent tournament (BATT6) so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions about my whereabouts. I went to Toryuken 2 and Impulse (which I left early cause of sickness) and have been trying to play with as many of us from Niagara as possible while not being allowed at The Trove.

I never attacked anyone lmfao I'm chillin

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
There is no community for N64, it's a waste of our time to even focus on it. Sure you can go play with Bren on Mondays but that's my last priority.

Zach has gotten a lot better at SSBM and we do help each other out a lot. I don't get why you still feel the need to give any input towards Melee when you don't play it with us or enter any events regarding the game in the first place.

We already know N64 and Isai's motto of don't get hit. It applies to SSBM just as much. I'm not nearly as knowledgable at SSBM as I'd like to be and there is always room for improvement.

My beef with you is pretty simple. You don't enter events and don't care about getting better at SSBM. N64 is nothing more than a fun variation of smash to play from time to time but it certainly doesn't have the competitive prowess and depth that SSBM has.

Our community is trying to harbor a nice SSBM community and every individual counts. You've clearly chosen to act counter productive to our goals as an SSBM community by not entering events and only playing smash with people if its N64 because you enjoy beating people at N64 but don't enjoy learning SSBM to get to where you are in N64. Not to mention I don't even own my own N64 controller and every other controller available to play with you is absolute garbage. Furthermore its just a waste of time that we could be dedicating towards SSBM, yknow the game that just had 135 000 viewers at EVO. The game that actually matters.

Yes, Yes I watched the Live stream. You have to remember there was multiple events going on as well and people went to see the final matches for Melee. The 64 community is fine the way it is. There is no following Canada. But a lot of followers in the US and Japan. It is also very rare to find players at my skill level to play. Please don't assume when you don't know anything about a community that you don't care about.

I at least stayed at the Trove to play people, I talked to Brad to TRY to play me on a daily basis even regarding his work to get well at the game, I know the tech skill, I need to apply it. I am continuing to do so as well. I never received text message from you or anyone else to "hang out", The last time was last year during Christmas time. I can't read your mind Niko. You know. communication is key in the little "community".

Isai said it for a good reason. I also remember after MLG 2006 he reverted back to Smash 64. Ken and Isai were champs at the time in doubles. The Melee Meta game is changing and it can somewhat be applied now.

Again you always have communication issues. I do care about the game. Which is why I still went to the Trove on Fridays. I do care about getting better which I told you months ago. Did you do a "few things" that messed up your mind in that time period? I see that it is VERY and I mean VERY hard for you to believe that work and other events in our lives is more important then these tournaments, as much as we want to be there smashing. I would of gladly sat down and play a few matches on Saturday, but I didn't have my controller and there is a strict policy about bringing your own controllers.

Abdule and EVERYONE ELSE tries to make it out. Melee isn't the only game we play in our "community" as well.

Also Work = Priority. School = Priority. Friends/Family = Priority. Playing A Game = Low Priority.

When you actually grow up you might learn that some day. I talked to Abdule, he said multiple times he VERY BUSY, that should of clicked in your mind he probably won't make it. Take that into consideration for everyone else. On another note you are a casual at Smash 64, when you get into real competitive play come talk to me or higher end players.

P.S: I enjoy Smash 64, I love losing to someone better. Or equal skill level. I don't play it to roflstomp casuals like you.

If every individual counts start acting on that then. Everyone enjoys winning, I hate winning against low level skilled players such as yourself in 64. I enjoy all smash games. Equally aside from Mods. I heavily played Smash 64 in 2009 and 2010, when I literally had nothing better to do then train my self for college and play that game. That's why I am that good at it today. I never forgot anything from that game even after 2 and a half years. Learning in Melee is the same. I know the tech, I read up on it. I performed it. I need to get to the point of constantly doing it on demand as I do in Smash 64. People grow up. Deal with it. Don't get all QQing when someone doesn't enter a tournament.

I am going to ignore the last statement of you pretty much saying "Melee is the only game that matters in the entire series everything else sucks /paragraph". Just because your bad at 64 doesn't mean you should bash it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
RockinRudy I'm not gonna bother cluttering the boards with this nonsense. You wanna talk like this to me in person go for it but you're gonna regret it. Back to focusing on what really matters...Melee.....

Med$, Linksta888, Smoke310 and 2kool2kare are coming by my place today for some SSBM friendlies :D If you wanna tag along either send me a PM here on text me at 289 228 2373.

Please don't bring any other equipment not related to SSBM I simply don't have the leeway regarding the space available for use.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
RockinRudy I'm not gonna bother cluttering the boards with this nonsense. You wanna talk like this to me in person go for it but you're gonna regret it. Back to focusing on what really matters...Melee.....

Med$, Linksta888, Smoke310 and 2kool2kare are coming by my place today for some SSBM friendlies :D If you wanna tag along either send me a PM here on text me at 289 228 2373.

Please don't bring any other equipment not related to SSBM I simply don't have the leeway regarding the space available for use.

That a threat Niko? Meh I don't care. Come at me bro.

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's not a threat it's just how it's going to happen. I'm done talking with you Ryan. Clearly in my post it says if you want to talk to me in person like this go for it. "Come at me bro" doesn't really make sense in response. Don't reply to me anymore here just reply via PM I won't see it because you're ignored now.

Had great games with Abdul, Brad, Med$, Linksta888, Bren and Smoke310 yesterday for Melee friendlies :) Was a lot of fun. Finally got my controller back from Brad as well but that was near the end of the session which was really unfortunate >.< I have a friend who is heavily interested in learning the game at a competitive level and is going to start practicing with me as Peach :) furthermore Med$ also has a friend who wants to get into the competitive scene as well so things are looking up in regards to numbers.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
man im so ulucky as soon as i left jared and zack showed up then brad shows up with nikos controller lmaoo

ggs tho im just happy i finally got some melee practice in (Y)

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Awesome turn out at Bren's 9 people and more couldn't show due to work. It was a Blast playing all of you in Smash 64. GG's! Pizza was ordered early and was delivered on time.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I am planning on hosting a tournament at a venue near the beach called Club La Salle. We've had six other events at The Toy Trove but with Bing acquiring a new job he is unable to do so.

I'm always trying to bring people over for friendlies and recently have had success with that. I've played with Bing, 2Kool2Kare Med$, Jared, Smoke310, and now am having a friend who is completely new come over because he watched EVO and wants to learn competitive smash, so I'm teaching him.

2Kool2Kare lives in Welland and he's really good too. You should get in contact and perhaps something will spark from that.

Welcome to the boards!

Music@Rush

Smash Rookie
I am planning on hosting a tournament at a venue near the beach called Club La Salle. We've had six other events at The Toy Trove but with Bing acquiring a new job he is unable to do so.

I'm always trying to bring people over for friendlies and recently have had success with that. I've played with Bing, 2Kool2Kare Med$, Jared, Smoke310, and now am having a friend who is completely new come over because he watched EVO and wants to learn competitive smash, so I'm teaching him.

2Kool2Kare lives in Welland and he's really good too. You should get in contact and perhaps something will spark from that.

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks, Ill send him a message seeing that I also live in welland. Thanks for the info Niko.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
Oh i used to play sheik i could teach you some things with her and i know a little falco stuff too lol

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Oh i used to play sheik i could teach you some things with her and i know a little falco stuff too lol

Teach the Advance double laser from the ledge to him Abdule. It's a important tech with Falco.

sheik or falco is what I tend to go with

Both are good and high tier. Space animals (Fox and Falco) are more technical then Sheik. Watch Apex and EVO videos to get some tips and ideas on the character. Other then that good luck. Abdule is probably the best in our group and will teach you a lot with Shiek. Along side with his little brother. I am a Falco main as well.

F.Lombardi

Smash Rookie
hmmm, i watched a few matches at the trove some weeks ago and i gotta say the niagara region needs to step up its game, out of the 5 or so matches i saw the only thing that i found remotely interesting was the claw hand gameplay and the epic beard guy with a hat that smelled like weed, other than that it looked like gradeschool kids got their hands on the game and formed a club.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't remember who was playing claw that tournament but I was the weed smelling bearded individual you are talking about. If you're ever free lets play some games I'm always looking to play.

F.Lombardi

Smash Rookie
I don't remember who was playing claw that tournament but I was the weed smelling bearded individual you are talking about. If you're ever free lets play some games I'm always looking to play.
i wasnt at the tourny i was at the friendlys, but anyways, i might show up at the next tournament if the claw players and you are there, i need some competition, and someone that can at least get a few stocks off my falco.

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
im like 90% sure im free friday so im prob going to the trove with my little bro

it would be great to see everyone again and we could all get some good practice in

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt at the tourny i was at the friendlys, but anyways, i might show up at the next tournament if the claw players and you are there, i need some competition, and someone that can at least get a few stocks off my falco.

Are you that Asian kid?

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
to lombardi, i would love to see this falco of yours in action. I main ganon woo, so it will be tough but would love to learn

cptjiggles69

Smash Journeyman
i am not going to melee tomorrow night have other plans so i am hoping to get some practice in during the week and my bike is fixed so i can ride it places now :)

Chase35

Smash Rookie
Hello, I have decided to finally make an account on this website. I have checked it out a few times but first post yay. I have recently picked up smash again and am still really new to the advanced portions of the game. I just moved to welland for this school year and don't really know anyone around here besides a couple ppl from school. I am down to play some games any time though and look forward to getting better and making some friends. I am also on the niagara facebook group.

I will check this thread regularly hopefully I can meet some of you for some games sometime ^.^

2kool2kare

Smash Apprentice
U should talk to niko hes always down to play and he really knows his stuff i live in welland too but i havent played in like a month lol too much work and skool

Wat character do u use?

Top Bottom