• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Niagara Thread - PR Update 07/14/2013

Niko_K

Smash Master
Imadh I promise you there will be a large Melee tournament here in the summer. I can rent out Club La Salle at the beach for $200 with all the leftover venue fee money going into the pot as a bonus.

I'm hoping it creates a backdoor for SSB64 and Brawl as well for the sake of our community.

Also I'm just missing the **** out of everyone.

Niko_K

Smash Master
When I get my money I'll pay for you to get here at least once a month brother. Just do exactly what I'm doing with St.Catharines and try and start making things happen even if they aren't the next Mew2King. Would love to even see a car of 5 from Fort Erie make it out to a monthly :) We've only had one so things are gonna evolve fast.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I've been itching to run a tourney out here and if the Niagara scene is growing, that bodes well.

Niko_K

Smash Master
By all means even start by inviting casuals / semi knowledgeable individuals to play with you on a personal level. THEN interest them into paying into tournaments and contributing to a scene such as this.

We'd definitely make a solid effort to come out to your events.

Imagine how many bored Fort Erie kids would be interested in playing Smash? The game is nostalgic for so many kids it's very easy to turn them onto this community.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Any friendlies going on at the Toy Trove today or did you guys do it on Wednesday?

Also why isn't my profile picture showing up -.-'.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
when im avaliable il come for sure., even if its just casual seeing how im not good. Going to chill, have fun and support the community is good reasons for me to go. Plus if theres a brawl or project m setup that entices me more

also. rock paper scissor moneymatchs anyone?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Actually we're allowed to start at 5PM today thanks to Todd :) Jared if you want to create a backdoor for Brawl by all means we will support you.

I'll RPS MM you, wish Hype was still around haha.

Look at all these usernames :D

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I know, this is looking like old times

I'm hoping to bring Project M if it's out before I leave.

Bing

Smash Master
Any friendlies going on at the Toy Trove today or did you guys do it on Wednesday?

Also why isn't my profile picture showing up -.-'.
You need to change your avatar picture :p

Also, yeah Niko I think we could both learn from each other. A few of the new people are improving really quickly. They're listening too which is making our goal of strengthening the scene just that much easier. I really hope we can continue to have more people come out, its always a good time, and because we have such a broad skill level of players, everyone can still enjoy themselves.

Seriously, bring out as many people as you know are interested, if they're serious about getting better, great, we'll do everything we can to get them there, if they just want to play smash with good people, equally as good, I'd love to play a few games on Hyrules with the items on. :p

Niko_K

Smash Master
Finally you made it onto the boards!!!!!

What an amazing turnout for casuals today! 16-20 people at peak and jesus the skill level has already almost started to level out amongst us. Kc, Will, Lawlbot, Pastaboy nor Pyrnight made it out so this looks like the start of a really densely populated scene :)

So many great matches today. Linksta is pro. It was nice seeing Warchamp again its been mad long and too bad we didn't get any matches in but we will.

Cam and Ryan are both starting to scare me with their rapid improvements. They're like sponges.

Pic of about 12 of us

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Damn Yesterday was good... Learned alot of Niko and Bing XD. Anyone know when the next tourny is going to be?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Agreed with Warchamp damn Brad you need to slow down on the self absorbedness LOL jk but at least mentally move on from the milestone of the wavedash (lul) so you can learn more

Ryan yesterday was definitely so much fun and I had a blast watching you improve so quickly and pick up things many people normally take months to mentally piece together how to incorporate what techniques they had just learnt.

I also just bought a 2nd copy of SSBM for use at The Toy Trove so that we can capitalize on free setups and make things run faster and more efficiently for everyone.

Bing

Smash Master
Hey guys, this is Cam. Brad's been telling me to do this for weeks so I finally did it, lol.
Finallyyyyyyyy. lmao. Welcome to the boards!

"I didn't know you could wavedash"

Hell Bing, have some faith. :troll:
Agreed with Warchamp damn Brad you need to slow down on the self absorbedness LOL jk but at least mentally move on from the milestone of the wavedash (lul) so you can learn more
LMFAO. Oh dear. I seriously just didnt know that you even really played Melee XD

Ryan yesterday was definitely so much fun and I had a blast watching you improve so quickly and pick up things many people normally take months to mentally piece together how to incorporate what techniques they had just learnt.
Ryan and Cam are improving ridiculously fast. Like, I'm seriously saying a month or two and they'll be beating Niko and I. Its great to see, it really is. I love it because its forcing us to Improve.

Btw, Next tournaments on the 12th. Less then two weeks away!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Maybe they'll be beating you, but not me Brad ;) Gotta stop groupin us together making me look bad bro

Niko_K

Smash Master
Definitely do brother. I'll send a message with my cell number that you can text. We'll try and figure out an easy to access place for all of us to play.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm there every Friday you can always assume I'll be there :) If anyone wants to get some practice in before the tournament hit me up it's probably a smart idea. I'm only allowed to have one maybe two people over where I am currently but it's better than nothing.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I don't want to get back into smash. So if I don't come to the tourney coming up it's best I am dropped from everything.

tl;dr

I don't want to get back into smash.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to get back into smash. So if I don't come to the tourney coming up it's best I am dropped from everything.

tl;dr

I don't want to get back into smash.
Why not Nate? It's not like it's wow, a few hours here and there and you'll be fine for practice

Also Niko, stop doing techskill everytime someone loses a stock and Airdodging next to the left platform, you literally do it in the same spot everytime

KC18

Smash Journeyman
hey guys ive been sick with the flu so i havent had a chance to get any practice in. once i shape up a bit hopefully some of us can meet up for some melee b4 the tourney. my skills are deteriorating lol. i like to hear that many are improving so fast...i better watch out

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Anyone bringing a N64 with 64 Smash on Friday? Could change it up this week. Hopefully I'l be at the tournament on Saturday, One less Falco to worry about XD.

Bing

Smash Master
If you wanted to bring an n64 setup I dont see why not, but considering that theres a melee tournament the following day, it would probably be best to stick to melee this week :p.

Also, Im going to drop one of my cubes off at the Toy Trove tomorrow before/during work so you guys possibly have an extra set up. I'm also going to try to get off early so I can get the extra practice in.

A few more things;
1. Niko, are we still teaming?

2. My controller died so I'm using John Guy's. I'm a sad Panda. I mean seriously, two days before a tournament. My luck = Terrible.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I assume there is a Smashfest today? I'm gonna try and be there.

Will probably have Project M 2.5 with me, Melee disc too though.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'll be at the trove today for sure with my laptop. I can't see to find my phone at the moment or else I'd contact a few others.

Tomorrows the tournament! Get polished up ;)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Great time today! I've updated the original post so please everyone go to page 1 and look at the newly added changes. It includes an in depth Code of Conduct which is to be followed from here on it at all our events hosted at The Toy Trove.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys but i'm quitting smash. I shouldn't of gotten back into the game anyway, i'm not seeing much improvement in myself as a player or helping out the group. I am not coming to Friday hang outs anymore. Not explaining why, it's a long story. Good luck guys.

Bing

Smash Master
Sorry guys but i'm quitting smash. I shouldn't of gotten back into the game anyway, i'm not seeing much improvement in myself as a player or helping out the group. I am not coming to Friday hang outs anymore. Not explaining why, it's a long story. Good luck guys.
Aww dude :(. I'm not going to ask you to explain your situation/story or anything like that. However I would just like to say since meeting you at the first tournament I hosted, you have improved a ton, you're honestly about a few broken bad habits away from being a true force to be reckon with here in Niagara. I hope everythings alright though, and I know you expressed interest in a Brawl tournament which should still be happening next month. Hope to see you in the future.

that was a great first time experience hopefully i c everyone next time
Huh, Sorry I wasnt there, I had to work :p.

Top Bottom