• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'll probably update **** tomorrow.

Oh we need to discuss the end of this season. I want Phoenix Saga 4 to close it out. I want to ENSURE all of those who could make it on the PR get their chances. I know the blog says it ends late Apeil but...that's just Ori saying stuff without confirming with anyone else. I see no reason to rush this PR.

Roller

Smash Legend
It should end at end of April. There will have been more than enough chances to enter tourneys by then. 4 month seasons, 3 a year is what we've been doing. I see no reason to stop after a season which will include 6 tourneys. If you want to extend to snooping, which would only extend the season by like 3 days, then w/e. But All lengthening this season is going to do is throw the system out of whack for no reason.

Also. For all those hoping to make the next PR.

Some advice, which I'm sure my fellow panel member Ori can attest to..

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
It should end at end of April. There will have been more than enough chances to enter tourneys by then. 4 month seasons, 3 a year is what we've been doing. I see no reason to stop after a season which will include 6 tourneys. If you want to extend to snooping, which would only extend the season by like 3 days, then w/e. But All lengthening this season is going to do is throw the system out of whack for no reason.

Also. For all those hoping to make the next PR.

Some advice, which I'm sure my fellow panel member Ori can attest to..

Yo that #4 in NE and he beat 2 ranked OH players, seems legit though

:yeahboi:

Also Najib I can't forget anyone in MI ;)

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
Call it what you want gio, i dont go into anything in my life without doing my homework first. Playing you now when i havent touched brawl competitively in over 8 months is just stupid. But dont worry, i ll take your money soon enough ;)

:phone:

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I haven't touched brawl competitively longer than that and I'd still **** face

I also never use the "I haven't played in forever" johns

this isn't a direct shot at you, but alot of people seem to use the I haven't played in a while johns when it's dumb to especially "I haven't played in a week"

I remember sometime after mlg cbus I think ori was like "I haven't touched a gamecube controller in 5 days" I was like orlyowl.jpg

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I remember sometime after mlg cbus I think ori was like "I haven't touched a gamecube controller in 5 days" I was like orlyowl.jpg

sounds like something I would have said, but i remember for MLG Columbus I went like all in on wifi so like after 5 days it kinda felt like an eternity xD

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
My aim wasnt to john, just to let gio and others know that i will definitely need to practice before i can play competitively again. Some people can just jump right back in without practicing much, or even at all. Some people need to get back into the swing of things slowly. Everyone is different.

Roller

Smash Legend
It's mad easy to make the claim that not playing johns are bs when you don't play a tech-skill intensive character. Main ICs... Then say that.

And darkfire, wtf are you talking about? Two thirds of this seasons tourneys are still left to go. You've only missed 2 of like.. 6ish. And 1 you missed was a national in nj you would prob not have gone to anyway. Anyone still has plenty of time to prove themselves this season.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
@roller: im sensing some hostility. I never said or eluded to that claim being BS. I was just saying that everyone is different as far as coming back to the game goes. Im kinda feeling attacked from all angles here. I thought the Michigan peeps would be happy to see an old face. I guess i was wrong.

Roller

Smash Legend
@roller: im sensing some hostility. I never said or eluded to that claim being BS. I was just saying that everyone is different as far as coming back to the game goes. Im kinda feeling attacked from all angles here. I thought the Michigan peeps would be happy to see an old face. I guess i was wrong.

You misunderstood my post somehow. I was defending the john you made as sometimes being legitimate. I was disagreeing with those who disagree with you.

@tutu: 1st apex, lain was active as ever. Gets 3rd iirc. 2nd apex, still active. Gets 5th. 3rd apex, hadn't played in a month or so. Drowns in pools.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
@roller: i definitely misread your post. I just re-read it and i apologize, lol

@gio: salty? Cmon bruh. I watched your sets at phoenix saga 2. I have NOTHING to be salty about. Your wario and marth are the free-est ive watched in a long time. Lmao ;)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
@roller: i definitely misread your post. I just re-read it and i apologize, lol

@gio: salty? Cmon bruh. I watched your sets at phoenix saga 2. I have NOTHING to be salty about. Your wario and marth are the free-est ive watched in a long time. Lmao ;)

Najib I respect you and I'mma let you finish.

But Gio is an MK main who could have quit when the ban was announced. He at least has enough pride to go an enter MK Banned events and give it his all.

Gio has been an MK main for over 2 years and has invested every ounce of his training into his MK. I hate to be a **** to you, but I'm almost certain Gio could handle your MK.

I look forward to the next post Gio makes saying he challenges you to a $10 mm.

Also roller, your stats on lain at each apex is correct.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
That's fine ori. Its your opinion that he can handle me, and your certainly entitled to it. I was referring to his wario and marth anyway, not his MK. Ive seen his MK play and from what ive seen, he has talent. But the two other characters ive seen him use (marth and wario) are not good. At all in my opinion. But as i stated before, i need to practice and get back into the swing of things before I MM him or anyone else for that matter. You guys can call it johns if you want, but jumping back into playing without extensively practicing is a good way for me to get bodied by everyone and embarass myself. I have no interest in that.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yo, make SnooPingas an opener for the next season. :colorful:

Ori, are you going to the SRT??? :O

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
That's fine ori. Its your opinion that he can handle me, and your certainly entitled to it. I was referring to his wario and marth anyway, not his MK. Ive seen his MK play and from what ive seen, he has talent. But the two other characters ive seen him use (marth and wario) are not good. At all in my opinion. But as i stated before, i need to practice and get back into the swing of things before I MM him or anyone else for that matter. You guys can call it johns if you want, but jumping back into playing without extensively practicing is a good way for me to get bodied by everyone and embarass myself. I have no interest in that.

I was trying to point out that he doesn't play those characters at all, like ever. So of course they are going to look "untalented" but eh I think I'll let Gio show you the ways. I look forward to the day you 2 meet up and play.

Yo, make SnooPingas an opener for the next season. :colorful:

Ori, are you going to the SRT??? :O
I'm trying my absolute hardest. I have $300 saved up currently, and once I start working in April/May I will be making a lot of money again and should be able to fly myself over and stay in Japan for 2 weeks (If all goes according to plan)

ok.

so you'll tell me that i'm bad, but won't play me for money? are you a little girl? grow the **** up. when you're "ready", i'll be happy to destroy you in a money match, but i probably wont be ready for your reservoir of johns.

put up or shut up.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
Wow gio. And IM the one that's salty? Lmao. Chill out bro. Geez. If me not playing anyone until i feel that im back up to speed and at my best means that im acting like a girl/johning then so be it. But to be frank with you, i never said you were bad. I said your wario and marth werent good. If you go back and read my post you ll notice that i said you had talent. Ive watched your MK and i think yours is good. There was no disrespect meant in my opinion and if you feel there was, that's your issue. I didnt come back to this community to cause issues or problems. I just wanna be a part of the scene in michigan again.

Roller

Smash Legend
Being part of the MI scene means you get called free whenever you are new (or in your case returning from a long absence) or lose to someone else from MI. It's not you causing issues. It's you being introduced into our community dynamic.

Welcome. :reverse:

You misunderstood my post somehow. I was defending the john you made as sometimes being legitimate. I was disagreeing with those who disagree with you.

@tutu: 1st apex, lain was active as ever. Gets 3rd iirc. 2nd apex, still active. Gets 5th. 3rd apex, hadn't played in a month or so. Drowns in pools.
3rd-5th at a national is the same as playing m2k or ally 1 round sooner.

and the gap between 2nd apex and 3rd apex was 2 years, which as I said was the deadline.

Top Bottom