• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, if you want to be able to reward people for winning MMs you should make score directly related to money and deduct points for spending it on entry fee or losing it from MMs, too. It's still a dumb system, though, because unlike discussing wins and losses between certain people, this very much would have issues counting whatever 8-man tournament Tech and Roller were debating over, as it would place far more emphasis for winning it than taking a good non-money spot in a regional would.

I don't mind a trueskill rating, but money earned isn't something that is worth investing time into. It's like saying getting 4th at a top 3 payout is the same as getting dead last. If your only goal in a smash tournament is to make money, then maybe this is the case, but if you're trying to get an accurate list of player ability getting 4th place at a tourney opposed to the person who got 17th/17 would generally considered to be a better player. There could always be some really jank seeding or upsets where the person who got 17th lost to the people who got 1st/2nd round1 and round 2 losers, but that's why the PR takes into account who you beat and who you lost too.

I'm willing to experiment with trueskill, but money earned? Calm that noise.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Ankoku, I agree with your statement which is why I'm not against adding it. I'm also not for it.

Gio: No offense,but all you do is complain about the PR anyway. Do something more productive. Blanket passive aggresive statements are dumb. I'm not unreasonable and I do take peoples' arguments into consideration. But if your argument has ANY THING to do with your latest episode of "Why the Brawl PR fails", just quit. I don't feel like doing this for the umpteenth time.

Also the PR now is accurate. Not sure how I feel about TS but its a noble project.

Using money earned as criteria is also blatantly ********. We KNOW what were doing. Everyone on the panel is here for a reason.

I'm not unreasonable and I do take peoples' arguments into consideration.
followed by
if your argument has ANY THING to do with your latest episode of "Why the Brawl PR fails", just quit. I don't feel like doing this for the umpteenth time.

Also the PR now is accurate.
and

We KNOW what were doing. Everyone on the panel is here for a reason.

^ lol

i'm not even sure what you're talking about, i've made like 2 posts in the last 5 pages and they were jokes...

ZTD | TECHnology

You know....never mind. Not even worth the time it takes to type my wall of texts. Lol. I have my reasonings for attacking your posts though.

I AM *** at seeing through internet sarcasm though...

:yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

Okay if you're serious, we look at your activity, your interaction and rapport with the community, your contributions and your knowledge of the game and the scene. We also go by how much we NEED another Panelist. To be considered, all you need to do is inquire.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I know that michigans not gonna plan anything till 1 week before ktar but whenever that is let me know

I'm genuinely interested, I owe people for trolling them about me going to apex

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I be down for only 1 national this summer besides SRT, since I'm saving for it right now, I also would just wanna be at one that we would drive to or take a bus there for cheap.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, I figured. You're already going to 2. I don't think anybody else here is planning on going to SRT though. And NJ tourneys are pretty cheap to get to, especially with me providing free housing.

Leaves funds for people to get to WHOBO.

Top Bottom