• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
HMs are stupid if you want to do 5 do 5 if you want 5 with HMs do 8 if you want 8 with HMs do 10. HMs just show the panel's lazyness imo

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
HMs are stupid if you want to do 5 do 5 if you want 5 with HMs do 8 if you want 8 with HMs do 10. HMs just show the panel's lazyness imo
That is what I always argued but I've grown to liking the HM idea. Numbers are for people who are actually good, and then when you hit that obvious skill gap you make the rest into alphabetical HMs.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

How does it show laziness? Look at this mock list
1. Zinoto
2. Rayquaza
3. Mikey
4. Roller
5. Tutu
6. Tech
7. Coco
8. Gio
HM1 fZk
HM2 Ori_bro

Including the HMs shows that there were people who just missed the cut whether it was 1 bad loss or just not enough notible wins. HMs by no means shows laziness. I kinda agree with what Tutu just said but he makes it seem as if the HMs are just there because they are a lot worse than those listed above them

This season has shown a giant skill increase Imo an if we just get rid of HMs we are making ourselves look worse.

HM's reward people for taking sets off of PR players, even if they cant do it consistently. I think its a significant demotivator to people who have beaten a ranked player to not get any kind of recognition. It's like saying "o good job beating this ranked player, but you're still a random."

Part of the PR mission is to try and motivate people to improve I think that more than the PR HM's help people get motivation. Especially to people who are HM'd. It's rewarding people who get close and at the same time being like keep going, you're almost there!

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Ok what is wrong with going up to 10 in that situation or if the gap is as large as tutu makes it seem leave them off. But its your guys decision I'm just letting people know what I think

What's The Point

Smash Master
I kinda agree with what Tutu just said but he makes it seem as if the HMs are just there because they are a lot worse than those listed above them
Well, nobody below Roller (Or Lain if you had included him) would beat him.

I say top 6 and 3 HMs. Subject to change with unexpected Vengeance results.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yeah, idk why Ori left lain off his list. Also, there is still another MI tourney, an OH regional featuring 2 full MI cars, and an NY tourney I'm attending before the season ends.. People can still do relevant things. I don't think we need to decide on or/hm distribution yet. I am in favor of including HMs tho, as I was last season. (should have been 6 and 2 HMs imo.)

Also. Given results this season. I would say coco should be over tutu. Tutu only has one win, where coco has multiple... All being vs tutu. And while it is still close because Zinoto is a better win. I think this is a case where coco's win over meek in pools should help break the stalemate.

lol this is so dumb

i cant go to the MI or NY tournament and the OH one is MK banned. i mean im not going to cry about it but if an MK main really cared it would suck

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah, idk why Ori left lain off his list.
It was a mock list i just listed names that i thought of first xD. It by no means reflects my thought of the what the PR should be. Well at least after #4 the top 4 is the only thing that looks remotely accurate.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
You guys change it every time just make it 10 and stick with it. The motivation is to get on there, wether its: be better then all the other randoms in MI or be as good as the players before the skill drop. The motivations there but the first choice seems more feasable to most of MI

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Pfft. You guys wanted top 10s when a 20 man tournamwnt was a lot of people.
Look at this season's numbers (Bold indicates tourneys we look at more for their results)

APEX
400​
Grand Traverse Smash 2
8​
The Phoenix Saga Part 2
37​
Smashing the Back Stage aka Cold Con 2
9​
ICE
20​
The Phoenix Saga Part 3
58 (53 were MI players)​

Still to come
VENGENACE
Skynet 2​

I think we can get away with it now :L

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
How does it show laziness? Look at this mock list
1. Zinoto
2. Rayquaza
3. Mikey
4. Roller
5. Tutu
6. Tech
7. Coco
8. Gio
HM1 fZk
HM2 Ori_bro

Including the HMs shows that there were people who just missed the cut whether it was 1 bad loss or just not enough notible wins. HMs by no means shows laziness. I kinda agree with what Tutu just said but he makes it seem as if the HMs are just there because they are a lot worse than those listed above them

This season has shown a giant skill increase Imo an if we just get rid of HMs we are making ourselves look worse.
This list....

Lain isn't on it.

Gio (partly due to MK banned events) has a not so hot record this season. He's good but gotta look at everything.

I'm above Coco?? No.

AND WHY ARE YOU EVEN AN HM HERE? YOU HAVENT DONE ANYTHING BUT BEAT OTHER PEOPLE YOUR LEVEL AND EVEN THEN YOU HAVE BAD LOSSES!

WHY DID YOU EVEN POST THIS?

(Don't take any of this personally)

Sorry to sound ****-ish but had to express this. I do agree many people have gotten better this season. I wil not advocate HMs. The gap from the top 5 from the rest is not as drastic as previously.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This list....

Lain isn't on it.

Gio (partly due to MK banned events) has a not so hot record this season. He's good but gotta look at everything.

I'm above Coco?? No.

AND WHY ARE YOU EVEN AN HM HERE? YOU HAVENT DONE ANYTHING BUT BEAT OTHER PEOPLE YOUR LEVEL AND EVEN THEN YOU HAVE BAD LOSSES!

WHY DID YOU EVEN POST THIS?

(Don't take any of this personally)

Sorry to sound ****-ish but had to express this. I do agree many people have gotten better this season. I wil not advocate HMs. The gap from the top 5 from the rest is not as drastic as previously.
It wasn't a serious list to begin with lol, I said here

It was a mock list i just listed names that i thought of first xD. It by no means reflects my thought of the what the PR should be. Well at least after #4 the top 4 is the only thing that looks remotely accurate.

LOL I was making an example.

But I would love for you to expand on this part.

Xatic

Smash Lord
You guys are obviously all wrong about this PR thing.

1. lordhelmet (when falcon is legal)
2. Gio (when bitties are legal)
3. Zinoto (when diddy is legal)
4. WuvS (when he ***** your *** in melee)
5. JTSM (when PINGAS are in the room)
HM Tech (when he's not on Lylat)
HM Ori (when he makes mock PRs everyone freaks out about.)

This is what the PR should look like. Throw up whoever you feel like and have people bash you left and right until someone backs down. :yeahboi:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
You guys are obviously all wrong about this PR thing.

1. lordhelmet (when falcon is legal)
2. Gio (when bitties are legal)
3. Zinoto (when diddy is legal)
4. WuvS (when he ***** your *** in melee)
HM Tech (when he's not on Lylat)
HM Ori (when he makes mock PRs everyone freaks out about.)

This is what the PR should look like. Throw up whoever you feel like and have people bash you left and right until someone backs down. :yeahboi:
I get to be on a Brawl PR for ****** in Melee :yeahboi:

Wouldn't he be #1... like always? Rofl

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Name one PRed player you beat.
I know I haven't beaten anyone of note. My best win is Gio and thats just because he beat Sean.

I was curious as to who my bad losses are this season. I know everyone I have beaten in bracket and pools and who I have lost to both pools and bracket and none by my standards are "bad"

But at the way this is looking, its the same reasoning why you were kept on the PR last season, no bad losses.

Top Bottom