• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
so youre telling me 5 of the top 8 are inactive?

oh boy time to go to tourneys itll be sooo easy to PR now even if i dont deserve it and i can brag about it :colorful:

unless you guys only do like top 5 like MN does due to lack of player activity

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
4 of them are yes. As much as I would love to drag on the season more I don't think we should given the circumstances/reasons why people are inactive. It's lame but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give others their time to shine and step it up.

And Minnesota has way less players than we do though. I'm thinking about the possibilities. Maybe 8 with no HM again. Its up for discussion. I mean if some of our neighboring states can get away with Top 10 I think we can manage something close to that. Regardless its better to wait till the end of the season though. Last season everything changed in the last month and we all of sudden had a solid top 8.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's almost as silly as me saying that I main :sheik: :marth: :peach: and choose which one I use in tournament based on the date of month.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
are doubles results a deciding factor when choosing PR? also how many tourneys are there before this seasons over I can only remember TC having 2 and GSS but I know theres more

EDIT: Scar has always been the best char in FMA and maybe that should be the theme

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
are doubles results a deciding factor when choosing PR?
No, we didn't use them as factors last time.

also how many tourneys are there before this seasons over I can only remember TC having 2 and GSS but I know theres more
- There has been
- SSBB Matchmakers
- TCSC #2
- Good **** Stratford
- TCSC #3​
We are planning on 2 more, B.A.M.F #1 and TCSC #4.

EDIT: Scar has always been the best char in FMA and maybe that should be the theme
I wouldn't mind a FMA theme, as long as its Brotherhood the original FMA was so bad imo. The only characters I like are Al and Alex Armstrong.

4 of them are yes. As much as I would love to drag on the season more I don't think we should given the circumstances/reasons why people are inactive. It's lame but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give others their time to shine and step it up.

I'm in favor of not having a PR this season. When people get on simply for being active and not being good, it defeats the purpose, it no longer promotes growth in player ability... it promotes not studying/working on weekends.

Boxxy, L_Cancel, Kenny, Flame,Judge,(if he doesn't make it to 1 more tourny) are all inactive atm. Mikey and Gio are the only non-Pr'd people with any kind of right to make it to the PR. In all honesty my performance this season isn't anything that should keep me on, But I'll probably stay on because other people are inactive? Nah that's straight up dumb. After me who has the most notable wins in MI? It's either You, Oblivion, or Ori... and what do ya'll do? Beat each other. Top 5 PR is pretty much where the real competition is at in MI. Everyone else is free daw. I could see top 5 with HM's cause it shows the difference in skill level between the top 5 and everyone else though.

And Minnesota has way less players than we do though. I'm thinking about the possibilities. Maybe 8 with no HM again. Its up for discussion. I mean if some of our neighboring states can get away with Top 10 I think we can manage something close to that. Regardless its better to wait till the end of the season though. Last season everything changed in the last month and we all of sudden had a solid top 8.
our neighboring states that have a top 10 PR that aren't Ohio, only have like 1-3 good players and after that it's non-notable people.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'd like to make note that Vegas' PR only has five people. And #4 and #5 are just formalities because we all know that nobody actually matters outside of SK92, FOW, and Z. What you guys do with your PR is entirely up to you, but I dunno about how accurately it'll show the best of MI if a good half of it loses to players who are out for being inactive lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I dunno, for doubles you can be like

1. Judge
2. Mikey
3/4. Judge's teammate/Mikey's teammate
5. Everyone else got *****. RAAAAAAPE

0. Gio avoided the ****

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I dunno, for doubles you can be like

1. Judge
2. Mikey
3/4. Judge's teammate/Mikey's teammate
5. Everyone else got *****. RAAAAAAPE

0. Gio avoided the ****
while thats normally true i dont think there were static partners in the tops of dubs tourneys and since most of the panelists were at the tourneys they could discuss the dubs and how people played in them

What's The Point

Smash Master
It doesn't matter.

People who do well in singles do well in doubles. Any amount of appearing to do slightly better in doubles is mostly because of less entrants and people share their placement with one other person.

I also think we should forgo this season or drop it to top 5.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
In my defense I havent dropped a set to each Oblivion or Ori. I have beaten the 5th ranked player from IL but thats it. So your point is still valid that the group under the PR players is still a bit aways.

However we still have a few tournies left so anything can happen. I might agree with top 5 or 6 with HM.....if things stay like this.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I just finished studying so since I'm in a school like mood I'm going to disect your post for the hell of it because its the most detailed ^_^;

I'm in favor of not having a PR this season. When people get on simply for being active and not being good, it defeats the purpose, it no longer promotes growth in player ability... it promotes not studying/working on weekends.
I can agree with this section but at the same time I see where you can be wrong.
If we were to just cancel this season, what does that show of us as a state?

I will agree that yes it also shows that our top players can't make it to tourneys because of prior arrangements. That might be the main arguement for you, but for me, it shows that there are new faces in our scene that are stepping up and beginning to place well consistently. So why should we belittle their accomplishments? Especially with the case of Mikey and Gio.

Boxxy, L_Cancel, Kenny, Flame,Judge,(if he doesn't make it to 1 more tourny) are all inactive atm.
I will tell you everyone situation to the best of my knowledge.
• Boxxy - Has flat out quit. I hang with him every weekend and he says he is just done with the game. He is pulling a Zucco and is going to test the water in the MvC3 scene. If he doesn't like it there maybe he will come back and be in the top 4 of the state where he should be imo.

• Kenny - I recently played Kenny on wifi and I talked with him about his situation. He is dealing with school and girls but he told me that he is going to comeback and start taking money again, whether its this summer or some other time he said he will comeback.

• Flame - Flame was at Good **** Stratford and he had intentions of competing but fell victim to a stomach virus or something that made him forfeit all his matches. So I wouldn't count him out yet.

• L_Cancel - Oh L, you trollimar, every time this season he had some reason he couldn't come out. School commitments, Family (I thought I read that in one thread), and rides. Its not his fault he has higher priorities but some things are more important than Smash
sometimes (smirk)
. I wish to extend an invitation to west Michigan to come to B.A.M.F on May 14th, and I would more than Happy to house them for a night or 2. I want to see L_Cancel.

• Judge - Um Judge has been to 2 tourneys this season. Matchmakers and Smash Café #3. He has a 1st and 2nd place finish (he went 1-1 with Tyrant, 2-1 with lain, and 2-0 with SK). So he is more likely than not gonna be at the #2 or #1 spot this season.

Mikey and Gio are the only non-Pr'd people with any kind of right to make it to the PR.
I agree 100%, Mikey should have been on last season
/bias.

In all honesty my performance this season isn't anything that should keep me on, But I'll probably stay on because other people are inactive? Nah that's straight up dumb.
idk I haven't looked at your performances this season. I feel like you and me are kinda similar atm.

After me who has the most notable wins in MI? It's either You, Oblivion, or Ori... and what do ya'll do? Beat each other.
I might sound biased, but out of us 3 I have the most notable victory (2-1'd Arty at GSS.) this is the only one I feel is notable (correct me if I'm wrong).
Other than that you are completely right.

Tech has beate me the past 2 tourneys but each set was close as **** lol.

Not to sure about Oblivion, I haven't seen him at all this season which is sad. He is a good kid and player.

Top 5 PR is pretty much where the real competition is at in MI. Everyone else is free daw. I could see top 5 with HM's cause it shows the difference in skill level between the top 5 and everyone else though.
Yeah I wouldn't mind doing a top 5 or 7, but I feel having Honorable mentions is a correct step forward.

our neighboring states that have a top 10 PR that aren't Ohio, only have like 1-3 good players and after that it's non-notable people.
Ohio and us are essentially the same thing. Each state has great players, but only 3 can compete with those outside of our region.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Ori_Bro said:
I might sound biased, but out of us 3 I have the most notable victory (2-1'd Arty at GSS.) this is the only one I feel is notable (correct me if I'm wrong).
Other than that you are completely right.
Tech beat Akashi 2-0 at GSS also(Pretty sure it was 2-0 correct me if I am wrong.) I feel that is a notable victory also.

Top Bottom