• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

zyth

Smash Lord
not sure how this works out....Ori and stewy are on the PR but I beat them both in tourny, but it wasnt counted since it was a house tourny.

Rayquaza is on the PR when his only two tournies are house tournies.....

Sure

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
not sure how this works out....Ori and stewy are on the PR but I beat them both in tourny, but it wasnt counted since it was a house tourny.

Rayquaza is on the PR when his only two tournies are house tournies.....

Sure
Here is the difference between you and Rayquaza

Rayquaza, though attended 2 house tourneys, managed to defeat the #3* player in the state twice. and his only lose in the season was LOE1 twice. That isn't much to work with, but it is better than nothing. He did something that Roller, Stewy, or myself could do that season which was defeat L.

As for you, you may have beaten Stewy and I at house tourneys, but we both beat you at larger tourneys that counted more towards the rankings which null out the previous lose to you. On top of that you have no notable wins. Beating 2 unranked players shouldn't really reward you. Thats is like me or Stewy trying to use wins over like Ksev and WuvS as reason to be on a PR. You need to make results to get places.

zyth

Smash Lord
Rayquaza only went to house tournies though. if your gonna have the mindset that house tournies arent much of anything, then those wins shouldnt count for much. and at the same time he lost at those tournies to LOE1 who at the time was lower than L_cancel at the time correct?

and Ori I placed higher than you at one of the tournies over in AA

Roller

Smash Legend
...This PR image is not half as well done as it could have been, imo.

Zyth. First of all. That last sentence means literally nothing.

Second. Look at your wins. Look at Ori's. Look at Ray's. Look at Stewys. If you honestly feel your record connotes a higher level of skill than those players', then you are using some form of logic I've not been acquainted with.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
But but but, they lost to zyth, that's kinda like losing to apasher... Unexcusable

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

What's The Point

Smash Master
...This PR image is not half as well done as it could have been, imo.
It's because he used close ups of the Pokemon faces. I can't think of any time where Pokemon are not shown with full bodies. It's barely recognizable with it so zoomed in. Also the layout design doesn't really look like Pokemon and is just generic.

I was excepting sprites and a Pokedex.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
this design comes from the Pokémon TV app for smart phones. I wanted to implement that style this time around. If you want something Pokédex like, I will be happy to make a quick redo.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you honestly feel your record connotes a higher level of skill than those players', then you are using some form of logic I've not been acquainted with.
Bull****, Zyth's logic is fairly consistent with the way he's posted in the past, and you spend your off time in New Jersey. This form of logic should absolutely be familiar to you.

zyth

Smash Lord
I dont think I should be PRed and never said I should. what I'm discussing is the weight of house tournies. I guess you missed the parts of my post where I talk about Rayquaza? his only wins are at House tournies but thats auto 5th, but Ori and Stewy lose to me at a house tourny and are still considered? at the very least Stewy shouldnt be placed above tutu or WTP considering almost half his wins this season were on Me9595.

I guess if your just trying to fill vacant spots with Lain, Tech, Kenny, and SK:yeahboi: not in this season then alright. but in that case you shouldve cut Ori and Stewy. because no matter how you want to sugar coat it, those two are at the same level of play skill as me.

Considering all the times I play with them, I know this to be true, but if you dont believe me be my guest, we will be at an impasse on this and I wont try to change your opinion further if you have no intentions of even reading this far into my post. I'm just gonna wait for the next season and see how that turns out

Xatic

Smash Lord
Zyth;

the thing you're failing to understand is - Ori and Stewy both have wins outside of those house tournies that are much better than any of the wins that you have gotten.

If you were at the same level as them you could beat people like MX, Carls, Roller, etc.

You playing them all the time just shows that you know their playstyle that's all. But by no means does it mean you are any better than them rofl

stewyian

Smash Ace
you can cry all u want about skill level me and ori beat prd ppl, u havent so stop crying holy ****, whens the last time uve beaten a decent player, me and ori proved to be the seventh and eigth best ppl in the state based on our wins theres no bias or bs here, yes it helped that alot of top level michigan players wernt active but that doesnt matter

zyth

Smash Lord
Ive never played MX and I havent played Carls this season. Roller beat me this season yes, and I also havent had a chance to play any good ppl out of state as well.

but like I said before, you have an opinion and i have mine. You disregarded the part where I said we are at an impasse, so I'm not gonna try and convince you otherwise about this PR. lets just look forward to the next season

What's The Point

Smash Master
this design comes from the Pokémon TV app for smart phones. I wanted to implement that style this time around. If you want something Pokédex like, I will be happy to make a quick redo.
That app is like 3 degrees away from real Pokemon. This image reminds me of the Castlevania theme with bad picture choices and a generic looking layout. As I said I think using the sprites and a Pokedex looking layout would be better.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I guess you missed the parts of my post where I talk about Rayquaza? his only wins are at House tournies but thats auto 5th, but Ori and Stewy lose to me at a house tourny and are still considered? at the very least Stewy shouldnt be placed above tutu or WTP considering almost half his wins this season were on Me9595.

Zyth Let me list you the wins and loses for both Stewy and myself this year. There is enough there to say why Stewy and myself were ranked.

Wins and Loses for Full Season. Bolded players are ranked players, and bolded tourneys are not house tourneys
Ori
Apex: JaimeHR (W), Hinkage (L), JJRockets (L)​
CSO2: Me9595 (W), Roller (L), TheMann (W), Tutu (W), Roller (W), lain (W), Zinoto (L)​
Rain: [Pools] Ksev(W), Fisch (W), RedBaron (W), Player-1(L) [Bracket] ShadowPhoenix (W), Eddie G (W), Ally (L), LOE1(L)​
Sweet: [Pools] Ally (L), Zyth (W), Flow (W) [Bracket] Stewy (L), Magus (W), Roller (L)​
CSO3: JTSM (W), Zinoto (L), Zyth (L)​
Outrage: [Pools] MX (W), Me9595 (W), Gunson (W) [Bracket] Hael Phael (W), Carls (W), Zinoto (L), Tutu (L)​
Roll1: [Pools] LOE1 (L), Smile (W), Maestro (W) [Bracket] Hael Phael (W), MX (L), Me9595 (W), Smile (L)​
Best Wins during season include lain, Eddie G, Carls, MX, Roller
I have 3 non bolded loses the entire season. I have multiple wins over Ranked Players and a Majority of my loses were to Ally, Zinoto, LOE1​
Stewy
CSO2: Me9595 (W), Zinoto (L), Ksev (L)​
Rain: [Pools] Lou(W), Cam (W), Meekspeedy (L) [Bracket] Suyon (L), Eddie G (L)​
Sweet: [Pools] M2K (L), Magus (W), Me9595 (W) [Bracket] Ori (W), Xatic (W), Zyth (W), LOE1 (L), WTP (L)​
CSO3: M9595 (W), LOE1 (L), Zyth (L)​
Outrage: [Pools] Ally (L), fZk (L), Hael Phael (W) [Bracket] Mr. E (W), SoulPech (W), Ksev (W) MX (L), SK (L)​
Armageddon: [Pools] MJG (L), Infern (W), Luffy (W), Mike (W), Bodybag (W) [Bracket] Smash 64 (W), WTP, (W), Player-1 (L), DRN (L)​
Roll1: [Pools] Roller (L), Carls (W), DRDN (W) [Bracket] Soul Pech (W), Roller (W), MX (L), Smile (L)​
Stewy started off a little sloppy but really brought it together near the end of the season.​

You are also judging your playtime with us in friendlies at SFs I don't consider those to be serious in the slightest. I think I was trying harder in my $0.25 mm with LOE1 then I do in friendlies.

That app is like 3 degrees away from real Pokemon. This image reminds me of the Castlevania theme with bad picture choices and a generic looking layout. As I said I think using the sprites and a Pokedex looking layout would be better.
I'll look into a remake soon then.

To the reason we didn't cut it at 6 was because the gap between roller and the next 2 was demonstrated to not be huge. Maybe we should have put them as HM because there is a gap.

@Ori-when you bold ppl like smile as a notable win, you're reaching... Really far lol. Actually I'm really dissappointed that half of the bold names are considered good.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I guess if your just trying to fill vacant spots with Lain, Tech, and Kenny not in this season then alright. but in that case you shouldve cut Ori and Stewy. because no matter how you want to sugar coat it, those two are at the same level of play skill as me.
At least zyth got something right. I'm bad :cool:

LOE1

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to quarter money matches :denzel:

Bur really zyth. you think your good enough to be pr'd? Ya gotta prove it. Get some notable wins like ori and stewy. Don't john that you didnt get to play alot of them. Thats your fault.

Don't be saying how those 2 shouldnt be pr'd. They derserve it for all their hard work. Good job guys.

:wario:

sneakytako

Smash Lord
All of stewy's wins look like pools wins if i'm reading it correctly. (except smash 64).

Jeeze there's so much dysfunction in the MI PR, idk if I ever want to go to MI tournies.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Tutu inwas just bolding ranked players if the state they are from is not MI calibur its w/e.

Ty chrissss <3

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Stewy shouldn't have been prd IMO, he beat mx and roller at a house tourney and a win on infern... That seems like low standards for us, should have had top 7, also steweys Pokemon looks dumb

zyth

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to quarter money matches :denzel:

Bur really zyth. you think your good enough to be pr'd? Ya gotta prove it. Get some notable wins like ori and stewy. Don't john that you didnt get to play alot of them. Thats your fault.

Don't be saying how those 2 shouldnt be pr'd. They derserve it for all their hard work. Good job guys.

:wario:
your reply is full of selective reading. I pointed out in one of my posts that I didnt consider myself PR in the first place since I didnt have any good wins.

How is it my fault I didnt get to play any good people when there were no good people to play at the tournies I went to except Ally and M2K? I didnt know I had the power to manipulate bracket either.

Also if you hadnt noticed I'm not the only one sceptical about those two being PRed. I'm the only one saying more than a passing comment at it.

learn to read everything LOE1

And sorry i forgot you SK :denzel:

The only other person who had a shot at spot 8 was myself, and I didn't do anything Stewy didn't do, and he did more than I did. But had I been on the number 8 spot nobody would be complaining, because I'd just body you all and be done with it. So I really don't see the problem.

Also i like the number 8, 8 feels fitting for a PR, its also 2 to the 3rd power, 4 times 2, 2+2+2+2(which is 2 sets of 2+2, or rather 2 tutus). 8 is also composed of 2 o's. It's just a glosrious number that has plenty of relation to 2. Which is the best number, and after ori, stewy had the next best season.

8 is also 6+2, and 6 is a significant number because its 1+2+3, and then add in the greatest number of all time(2) you get 8. also if you look at it its ending at 2 2's in the equation, makign it even more fitting.

stewyian

Smash Ace
Why do u even care drdn u dont even play singles and my wins ate similar to oris so might as well take him off too then

LOE1

Smash Lord
lol who cares. its done and over with for now. nothin you say will change it for right now lol

W.C.N

Smash Lord
stewy im saying your wins look weak, Ori beat Lain you have not so ori should be there

and I dont care im just voicing my opinion which is what this thread is for

EDIT

Bolded wins only:
ORI:-------------------- Stewey:

Roller-------------------Roller
lain ---------------------Infern
ShadowPhoenix
Eddie G
MX
Carls--------------------Carls
Smile

See how I dont find your wins the same as his?

stewyian

Smash Ace
Shadow phoenix means nothing he lost to mx as well whic nulls it out smile means nothing he lost to roller in an actual tourney which nulls that out i beat roller in pools but beat him in braket so it helps a but, his wins effectively are lain, carls, win on mx in real tourney loss to him in house toruney so a bit positive, eddie g, i guess shadow phoenix, he also lost to smile as well which bulls that win out, i have infern carls and a win on roller in bracket and a loss on roller in pools so a bit positive, looks pretty similar to me

W.C.N

Smash Lord
oh were doing zyth logic now...
MX doesnt count because he lost to roller?? didnt you lose to MX?
and Smile doesnt count because he lost to roller?? but you LOST TO SMILE

your wins arent anywhere near oris and your few wins dont really merit the position IMO it feels like they picked you because they needed an 8th which is a bad thing

stewyian

Smash Ace
He lost to smile and beat smile, he lost to roller and beat roller in cancels out lol i cant dumb it down anymore, im saying he beat mx at a big tourney and lost to mx at a house tourney, and big tourneys like outrage where he beat mc count more than house tourneys where he lost to mx, so it still counts as a bit of a win, idk what ur reading theres no zyth logic here, if u dont know how th pr is made either ask someone or stop trying to argue, as for roller and smile beating an losing to someone nulls it out, he beat roller at a house tourney and lost to roller and an actual tourney, smile he beat and lost to in the same tourney those wins are nulled out by the losses

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Haha, you guys are so good at reminding me why I originally stopped doing PR updates.

Top Bottom