• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think mega man's copy ability will be the hardest to imagine.....how would he gain it? after killing someone?
I've been thinking (for once :chuckle:), if Kirby has his copy ability, then why the heck NOT MEGAMAN=??? Megaman came before Kirby, therefore Kirby is a poser's poser, while Megaman is just a "kill you and take your powers" kinda guy! :laugh: How hard would it be to have it to where your nB (mega buster) change to a diffrent weapon, with a new look=??? (kinda hard I suppose, but that is what Capcom graphic artists can do) Even if Megaman didn't change looks, changing guns would be SICK! Especially if like Kirby, Megaman had a taunt that instantly gets rid of it, and goes back to the Mega Buster. It ***could work***, but sadly it seems unlikely.

Trigger (The Legends MM) is a little different from Mega Man classic in that he doesnt have the copy ability...
He has a customizable buster that can be upgraded by Roll...
Who is not Trigger's sister...
I've also been thinking Megaman Legends Megaman is more likely then people think. Megaman's "Father" said if he could make a dream Megaman game, it would be Megaman Legends 3. So since Brawl's Subspace Emissary has a long story...that could be part of it, along with many other things. Still, it doesn't seem to fit, Megaman from Megaman Legends in Brawl. Classic Megaman seems to fit best, though some of the Legends, X, and maybe Zero and a bit of other Megaman series playing at least a small roll in the story seems like a GREAT IDEA! :)

orintemple

Smash Lord
Some friends and I were discussing the whole power changing ability and we thought it would be sweet if his down-b was a cycle through different powers for his neutral B. Sure he would have a "real" down-b move but it would bring an interesting playstyle to Brawl methinks.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Now with Friday's update confirmed, let the countdown to Mega Monday begin! :D
*crosses fingers* I hope this one doesnt turn out like the other mega mondays!

Look a lot different to me. Hell, X is more similar looking to Megaman than Trigger.
all the megamen look different than one another realy. the only similarities I can see are the fact that they all have blue robot bodies with similar color schemes. their helmets are also similar but not realy the same.

Cless

Smash Champion
You know what? **** you, man...making me look like a n00b...

HAHAHAHA

Mega Man 4 Brawl
lol, it's all good.

Some friends and I were discussing the whole power changing ability and we thought it would be sweet if his down-b was a cycle through different powers for his neutral B. Sure he would have a "real" down-b move but it would bring an interesting playstyle to Brawl methinks.
That'd be kind of weird for a moveset since Megaman would have to absorb the abilities first somehow. It'd be weird if he just had powers. Even in MvC he had to have Eddie come down to give him a different power.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Dammit! I can't believe the Mega Man is Legends is a completely different one. Now I'm not so inclined to buy Legends anymore...I don't want some new storyline that I probably won't like...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lol, it's all good.

That'd be kind of weird for a moveset since Megaman would have to absorb the abilities first somehow. It'd be weird if he just had powers. Even in MvC he had to have Eddie come down to give him a different power.
Megaman NEVER goes into battle without the powers though, you never see him gaining the powers during battle...but you can switch between them.

Cless

Smash Champion
Dammit! I can't believe the Mega Man is Legends is a completely different one. Now I'm not so inclined to buy Legends anymore...I don't want some new storyline that I probably won't like...
Well, all of Megaman is one giant timeline, excluding .exe of course.

Megaman NEVER goes into battle without the powers though, you never see him gaining the powers during battle...but you can switch between them.
Yeah, but you have to kill at least one boss first before you get any.

Del Money

Smash Champion
True. But the only ones that interested me were Classic and X. Battle Network, .EXE, NT Warrior, Star Force, and all the bull**** can burn inhell for all I care.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
he doesnt have the powers from the beggining though that is what we are saying. he has to defeat a enemy in his games to get their powers, in brawl it could be any one of the methods we have mentioned for him to gain them though.

besides, him starting out with all of them almost guarrenties nobody would use his normal buster. and that wouldnt be fair to megaman.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
he doesnt have the powers from the beggining though that is what we are saying. he has to defeat a enemy in his games to get their powers, in brawl it could be any one of the methods we have mentioned for him to gain them though.

besides, him starting out with all of them almost guarrenties nobody would use his normal buster. and that wouldnt be fair to megaman.
They would if they gave each of the abilities specific purposes, useful in certain situations.

Del Money

Smash Champion
If it's a respectably decent RPG, then I'll give it a shot. I'm not big on RPGs, but I enjoy FF7 & 8 alot.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, the Mega Buster is always Megaman's bread and butter weapon. If you happen to do the stages out of order, it's what you use, or if you're just lazy/want a challenge.

If it's a respectably decent RPG, then I'll give it a shot. I'm not big on RPGs, but I enjoy FF7 & 8 alot.
Legends isn't an RPG. It's an adventure game with a bit of platforming.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah well I knew the 3D part. Do you get to shoot **** with the buster? Cuz that'll be awesome...it'll be like Tomb Raider and Mega Man fused together

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, and you equip parts to modify its range, power, energy, and rapidness. You also equip sub-weapons onto your left arm like machine guns, missile launchers, cannons, and the Shining Laser.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
All right boys! No characters in 7 weeks plus the 17th is Mega Man's 20th anniversary!

If there was a time to announce his inclusion this would be it! MEGAMAN MONDAY!

*Watches as we get pwned a 3rd time*

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yes, it's a very good game but I haven't played it in ages...Got stuck on Chapter 5's boss.

And this is my first post, wow.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
CURSE YOU AQUA! i still got 2 left!!! lol
LOL. Sorry man, I was just trying say I can post more often now, that's all. If it makes you and Wigs feel any better, I think I may have blown them.

And Storm Eagle, if you like the X series (I'm sure you do) and RPGs then YES. Get it by all means. I have to say, it's only major down fall is that it's really short.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Holy crap, the last 4 people had the same Avatar... o.O

Btw Aqua Rock X, thats an Awesome Sig.
Thanks. Stryks made it. It's one of the RMB's official sigs.

And Ninjuku, I just noticed your post, the "Waluigi Clan" can still be in the clan war as the comic relief clan. Besides, if I recall correctly, the comic deal with the events of the SmashBoards and the fall of Waluigi is definately an event.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I kinda liked the MMBN games, the cameos of old robot masters was kind of cool...(still not as good as originals 2-4 or X 1-4)

Legends was O.K. i don't remember much since I haven't played since early middle school....(WHAT THE **** WAS THE LITTLE BEAR!!) BTW: only played the first one...

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty much official now, people. With the combination of a week without a character update and nothing new from CoroCoro, the Megaman 20th Anniversary Countdown is our last, LAST hope at getting ANY new character before Judgement Day.

It's a long shot, but this is all that's left. If Megaman doesn't get revealed then, no one will until January 24th.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Why jan 24th? anyway yeah megamans best chance is on monday, so lets hope for the best guys...
January 24th is when the game releases in Japan and all the info is inevitably leaked to us. That's why I call it Judgement Day when talking about Brawl.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
YEA but there has been no good updates on dates of importance....we got crap on the dec. 3 and release date of MP3
Like I said, it's a long shot. However, this is all we've got left. I'm 100% sure the CoroCoro Cards next month will show no new characters.

We've also gotten pretty big updates on some major parts: Subspace Emissary on Sakurai's birthday and Online on the Century Update (update #100).

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
It wouldn't shock me, if Sakurai would reveal him on the 18th just to play with us. ^^

And Aqua Rock X, should I get the Gamecube or PS2 Version? Are they different? And how much should I pay for it? Thanks for the answers. :)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I kinda liked the MMBN games, the cameos of old robot masters was kind of cool...(still not as good as originals 2-4 or X 1-4)

Legends was O.K. i don't remember much since I haven't played since early middle school....(WHAT THE **** WAS THE LITTLE BEAR!!) BTW: only played the first one...
it was a monkey.

it was his back up memory drive, he knew he would lose his memory back before he got amnesia, so he built the little bugger to hold his memories till the time was right.
It's pretty much official now, people. With the combination of a week without a character update and nothing new from CoroCoro, the Megaman 20th Anniversary Countdown is our last, LAST hope at getting ANY new character before Judgement Day.

It's a long shot, but this is all that's left. If Megaman doesn't get revealed then, no one will until January 24th.
Why jan 24th? anyway yeah megamans best chance is on monday, so lets hope for the best guys...
what stryks said.
It wouldn't shock me, if Sakurai would reveal him on the 18th just to play with us. ^^

And Aqua Rock X, should I get the Gamecube or PS2 Version? Are they different? And how much should I pay for it? Thanks for the answers. :)
game cube, it was a little better graphics wise (not as pixelated) and I think it had some bonuses that the PS2 didnt. Id reccomend 20$ or less, it is aged enough to were you can buy it cheap, just dont hope to find it any reatailer that doesnt sell used games, all major retailers(such as walmart or target) have gotten rid of their game cube game stock.

Top Bottom