• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
If you have a Game Boy Advance and link cable to the Gamecube then definitely get the Nintendo version. Also, there is a huge jump in enemy skill level from the end of the 2nd to last chapter to the final chapter. That's where I stopped playing it. Just a quick warning.

Mondays update:

Hey guys here is Mega mans move set? What? Did I just confirm him? No actually he wont be in the game because Capcom didn't give me the rights... anyway I just thought this was a good move set, take a look!

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Stryks said:
OR metaknights special moves for a 3rd time! how epic would THAT be?!

MM FTW
Someday (Like Sunday, but similar to Monday): MetaKnights's specials again!?!
Send in the ROFLcopters!!!

Mega-Ridley-Knight-Man said:
Hey guys here is Mega mans move set? What? Did I just confirm him? No actually he wont be in the game because Capcom didn't give me the rights... anyway I just thought this was a good move set, take a look!
Send in the ROFLcopters!!!

I just felt like posting the ROFLcopter...

-This post was massively edited-

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see the original Megaman in the game. His b-attacks could be something like this:
up+b=Rush Jet or Rush Coil
down+b=Top Spin or Charge kick
forward+b=Random Projectile from Megaman 1-8
b=Mega Buster (I think he should be able to charge it while moving, but the shot should be released when you release the button)

The only problem with megaman is that I really can't imagine his a-attacks.

I would also like to see Protoman in the game, but not as a clone.
instead of having it be random between 64 attacks (all attacks from mega man 1-8) they could match up each character in brawl with a character from mega man, and mega man could then steal powers from those characters (kirby style) and change color according to wich power he gets, leme explain this again if that was confusing:

Mario: Fire Man
Link: Cut Man
Bowser: Hard Man
DK: Guts Man

so on and so forth, now Fire Cut Hard and Guts man will not be in brawl, but they are matched up to the characters above. so if Mega Man uses his power steal on Link, He will then be able to do Cut Man's Cutter attack from the first Mega Man game until he taunts or dies like Kirby, (i don't think the power should be knocked out of him if hes hit too much like kirbys is, doesnt seem to fit). Since i'm bored ill make a list of SSBB Confirmed Characters to Mega Man Bosses:

SSBB/ Mega Man

Mario/ Flame Man
Link/ Cut Man
Kirby/ Air Man
Pikachu/ Elec Man
Fox/ Heat Man
Samus/ Metal Man
Zelda/ Bright Man
Bowser/ Hard Man
Donkey Kong/ Guts Man
Yoshi/ Star Man
Peach/ Bubble Man
Ice Climbers/ Ice Man or Gemeni Man
Pit/ Wind Man
Wario/ Dust Man
Ike/ Sword Man
Pokémon Trainer/ Plant Man / Flame Man / Aqua Man or Tengu Man for all 3
Diddy Kong/ Wood Man
Meta Knight/ Knight Man
Snake/ Snake Man
Lucas/ Magnet Man
Sonic/ Quick Man
King Dedede/ Stone Man

Cless

Smash Champion
To the guy who asked about Command Mission, it's a good game, but X and Zero are so ridiculous that the other party members are kind of pointless. Well, that's not until towards the end, and the extra bosses in that game were annoying.

Cless

Smash Champion
thats the way it should be ;)
Oh, I know that X and Zero are the most powerful androids ever (not reploids), but you had to have a third party member, and the only other person I liked using was Axl, which was upsetting.

I say both.

Megaman's chances are slightly higher though. Pretty much expecting to see him Monday morning on the Dojo.:lick:
You really shouldn't expect it. Just hope for it, if anything.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Sorry for answering questions late. I just now got access to the internet again. The transition from college to home took rediculously longer than expected. @_@

Anyway, as far as which version of Command Mission I'd say GameCube, though I got the PS2 version. However, the GameCube version has more content, I hear. And it's worth at least $30.

Edit: And yeah, X and Zero are the destroyers. I found Axl and Cinnamon useful toward the end as well.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, but X and Zero were super ridiculous. No one could keep up with them. Even when they weren't using their hax forms. What does the Gamecube have that the PS2 version doesn't? I just got the PS2 version to keep everything Megaman related on one system (save for X, X2, and X3).

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Oh, I know that X and Zero are the most powerful androids ever (not reploids), but you had to have a third party member, and the only other person I liked using was Axl, which was upsetting.
oh i know. im just messin with ya cless :) glad to see you in the mm thread a lot more now

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Yeah, but X and Zero were super ridiculous. No one could keep up with them. Even when they weren't using their hax forms. What does the Gamecube have that the PS2 version doesn't? I just got the PS2 version to keep everything Megaman related on one system (save for X, X2, and X3).
You know about the figures right? Well, apperantly there are figures of the rare/optional bosses and Final forms of X and Zero that are exclusive to the GC verison. That and some compatibility with GBA player for other stuff. As I mentioned before, I too have the PS2 version, so I'm a bit foggy on the GBA player details, though as far as I do remember it's nothing crucial or major. However if you like easter eggs, then the GC version has the PS2 version beat.

And if you equip Cinnamon with the Kitty Gloves and the sub weapons that increase attack, she'll rank third in overall power and become the second strongest in terms of powered up normal attack.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they did. But you could counter it by equipping the right stuff, I think. It's been a while.

Towards the end I preferred Zero, Axl, and Cinnamon. I had a system down that made it impossible to lose (except for those singing flower girls, they destroyed me no matter what I tried)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Didn't those like instantly make you contaminated or whatever?
There were penalties if you weren't careful in equipping them, yes. If they exceeded a character's force metal limit, then the character will suffer harmful side effects in battle. However you can equip neutralizers to neutralize the force metal erosion number.
For instance SFM B has 99 erosion points but with two neutral30s you can equip it to Cinnamon with no harmful effects whatsoever. Experiment if you ever find the neutralizers.
They are best for characters with high force metal resistance such as Cinnamon or X. As long as there's no "Alert" or "Danger" signs you should be fine.

Cless

Smash Champion
Were they those bosses under the hub city? I think I beat all the extra bosses in that game. I just used X, Zero, and Axl when I got all of them.

I think I have to go play this game some more.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Were they those bosses under the hub city? I think I beat all the extra bosses in that game. I just used X, Zero, and Axl when I got all of them.

I think I have to go play this game some more.
Those flower girls are hidden in the underwater place. Where you get that big guy- I can't remember his name.

Have fun playing it. I lost my copy before I finished it.

Cless

Smash Champion
I beat the game and everything, I'm just not sure if I did all the extra bosses now. I think I beat those flower girls. What do you get for beating them?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Rafflesian and the Belladonnas (the Flower girls) can be found in the Tianna Prison Camp where you fought Silver Horn. Just to clear. ^_^ They aren't that tough when a great strategy is used.

Edit: You get X's Ultimate Armor for beating Rafflesian.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Rafflesian and the Belladonnas (the Flower girls) can be found in the Tianna Prison Camp where you fought Silver Horn. Just to clear. ^_^ They aren't that tough when a great strategy is used.

Edit: You get X's Ultimate Armor for beating Rafflesian.
Yeah, sorry. It's been 2 years since I played it, so my memory's a bit foggy.

Top Bottom