• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'd say it'd be better to go for Cloud Man's level from Mega Man 7. It's like Final Destination meets Dreamland, except the hazard is much stronger winds. The walls on either side allow wallkicking to recover (Meaning bulkier characters get screwed)

I'd think that Spark Mandrill's level (If we're going for an X universe) would probably be for the best. The floor will light up with electricity frequently, causing stun and damage.

EDIT: What I had said before:

Top Man: Standard flat area like Final, but it's two-leveled, and the top level is not solid. Tops spin and go around the stage at a moderate rate. They're the hazard - if you get hit by the bottom of the top, you take damage and some knockback. If you jump on it or over it, you're safe.

Elec Man/Spark Man: Two-section stage that's separated by a set of spikes. Hitting these means tremendous knockback (Mega Man, after all). On top of that, as you fight, random areas become slightly charged with electricity, giving you a warning, and a few seconds later, Spark Man's weapon (Two paralell lines manifesting and flying away from each other) fires off.

Fire-based Robot Masters 1-infinity: All along the level is large turbo chargers, fused with the ground. A little flicker of non-harming flame starts, then a large jet shoots out. Think Super Mario Bros 3. In fact, it'd be a good Mario Bros 3 level instead...

Gravity Man: Every so often, the screen goes a little black, and a surge of energy crackles out. For 3-10 seconds (Random), gravity is enhanced anywhere on the floor. Meaning that anyone air-fighting above a platform fast falls, and anyone who's not on the platform doesn't fastfall (AKA "Let's Make Sure Fox Doesn't **** Himself Up.")

Cut Man: Blades go flying across the stage on regular intervals, causing effects not unlike Link's boomerang (as it returns, not as it goes forward) Except it does massive damage and travels at a steady rate.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
What about Junk Man's level? Now that would be fun! No really, There is many things one can do with that idea. Like the odd terrain, come on who doesn't want to hide in some junk! And some people could use that to their advantage. I remember there was like hot pits in that level as well.....maybe it could be a liitle like Samus' Brinstar level? Eh...maybe not... Remember those ceiling thingys that would drop junk on you? They could so totally use those! It could hurt you if you could not get out of the way BUT once it's landed you could throw random pieces of junk at your ememies! *v*

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I think he's getting at da design of a megaman stage. For instance, if they take Storm Eagle's stage it might be very similar to Corneira. Just assuming.

Arran64

Smash Rookie
I love the idea of Megaman in Smash Bros.! I think it's completely possible! Bass and Protoman would be some cool buddies for him, too. Zero, too?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
nintendo's only letting in a strict amount of 3rd party char's so it's on or the other, who's your pick?

REdhawk1303

Smash Rookie
I think that Megaman would be good for SSBB. He would be a bit like a clone of Samus though wouldn't he? He could use the dog he has ( Forget the name) to teleport around the stage.

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
Yes it would, what're we talking about? >_>

all I know is megaman would be cool in brawl, cause its flippin megaman. >_>;

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
and megaman would not be a samus clone, they have completely different fall speeds and movement purposes, not to mention that their As would be completely different.

and Megaman won't have a grappler grab.

but original would be best i think. followed closely by Zero, but original is optimum

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'm about this close to compiling a list of reasons why he won't be a Samus clone, and slapping it everywhere when someone mentions it.

One thing worth mentioning; is it possible (if he's in, I mean) that Beat, Rush, Fliptop, or even Dr Light's Capsules might show up for Mega Man/X's stage?

Like, Fliptop, he jumps by, and starts tossing things out like a Party Ball. Maybe Dr Light's capsules will toss out things like the Home Run Bat or Hammer.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Dr. Light Capsules would be so sick!! And to quote myself, maybe the capsules could spit out one of these puppies....
I like the idea of having an energy tank. It would look like this...

And if a player picked it up, it would then appear next to thier percentage and stock icons. They could then use it whenever they want and it would replenish their health by like 100%. But, the trick is if they die, they lose the item. This would introduce a strategis tactic because players would have to decide if they should use the item while they still have a chance, or wait until they get higher percentage. And i guess too use it you could press the taunt button.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I like the energy tank idea.

Would it be an Energy Tank (Metroid), Extra Tank (Mega Man) or a Sub-Tank (MMX)?

God **** I play too many games.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I like the energy tank idea.

Would it be an Energy Tank (Metroid), Extra Tank (Mega Man) or a Sub-Tank (MMX)?

God **** I play too many games.
i have the same problem but i like this idea its actully a good 1. im guessing the engry tanks would take away from your damage percentage. but would be looking at like a flatzone thing? or a layout like final destination?

KilZ

Smash Cadet
He would be a bit like a clone of Samus though wouldn't he?
Not at all, Megaman would be different with alot of things,

If Then put him in, He should move and charge. If he dosen't ill be mad :mad: lol.

Um People are saying I cant imagine his A attacks... Its called Marvel Vs Capcom 1 and 2..

Megaman was in both of those games and he rocked.

It wouldnt be to hard to put megaman in but If they do I would want it to be Old school megaman, Not stupid Battle Network stuff. I personally Hate the new megamans.

Megaman 1-8 and X-X4, Are the best megamans of all time, If you haven't played them.
Then go do it lol.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i have the same problem but i like this idea its actully a good 1. im guessing the engry tanks would take away from your damage percentage. but would be looking at like a flatzone thing? or a layout like final destination?
what do you mean flatzone thing or layout? are you talking about a level

Jaxi

Smash Rookie
I would actually like Zero (MMX4) more than Megaman as a smash character, but naturally, I would like to have both of them in.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Zero's movelist is so obvious, it isn't even really worth it to try and make one up. You basically take Mega Man X4, add in a few "Smash" type moves, and you're done.

TAK$

Smash Ace
eh, i dont see megaman being in ssbb, why? because when you think about it, wouldnt you give megaman the samus move list pretty much? i know i would, forget megaman, add zero! or bass.

Top Bottom