• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
quote: forget megaman, add zero!

i have been saying that for quite some time my friend....

TAK$

Smash Ace
look at alpha's sig!!! plus, zero > megaman and/or bass > megaman. mainly because i just get sick of seeing megaman all the time, when bass and zero are so much better in every way. i also, ever since i was little, loved to play everyone but megaman in the games, so i guess it's all childhood related for me.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Ok just curios, according to you what makes zero more diserving to be in brawl and not the Original Blue Bomber?...
Keiji Inafune, Mega Man creator and current senior corporate officer at Capcom, had admitted to creating Zero to be Mega Man X himself, the character who would replace Mega Man as the hero. However, due to concerns that players would find it hard to relate Zero with the original Mega Man due to the large visual differences between the two characters, he was made X's partner, and the X widely known today was designed for this purpose instead.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_(Mega_Man)

so as you can see, because of classic mega's design, fans were unable to relate to the new "megaman" so now i hold a small grudge against megaman, because he always has the spotlight wereas zero.... is always left in the dark, exept for the (short) MMZ series....

Stryks

Smash Hero
Average n00b answer: He PWNS! he >>>>> [Insert name here]!!1!... that does not say anything just that u r ********, they havent made a Original megaman game in a while, the power up doesnt really count, its time the Original came back, the original megaman games was one of few, if not the 1st to give the player a bit of freedom, allowing him to choose which stage to go to 1st, this was revolutionary back then, the Original has more games in a Nintendo platform than any other, while the .exe versiones are pretty much the same, hell Im pretty sure he has more games than the infamouse sonic (I THINK) sure zero has a gun, a sword, and long hair, but does not make him deserving to be in a game like Smash, while megaman that revolutionized the game industry in a small but considerabe way, deserves the shot, and im not even considering the fan base and how popular he is...

@ alpha n00b: Well obcourse megaman is gonna have the spot light over zero, he the most famous and the most recognizable of the megamans, i personally hate how theyre makin so many megaman series and they cant even finish the 1st one, I mean kids using armor and transforming into X and zero and save the world? wtf?! what happend to the good ol robot that was at some point equally or maybe even more famous than mario? the zero series is awesome i admit, but both the original and the X games are way better, if u choose zero over megaman ur practically ignoring who came 1st, whose the original, who revolutionized the games as we knwo it (small way i know) and who has the higher fan base... yep Good ol Original megaman FTW!...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Quote: Well obcourse megaman is gonna have the spot light over zero, he the most famous and the most recognizable of the megamans, i personally hate how theyre makin so many megaman series and they cant even finish the 1st one, I mean kids using armor and transforming into X and zero and save the world? wtf?!

-NOW i understand, i mean, even I was disgusted by MMZX, 2 kids replacing the hero's i grew up with?! (X & Zero) WTF?! indeed! :mad:

Stryks

Smash Hero
well ok I understand it ur opinion, but lookin at the facts, original megaman has a higher chance anyway, still Im just hopin a megaman joins brawl...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*sigh* It's so sad that they've put the original away in the closet for so long, especially since Mega Man 2 and 3 are often considered among the best games ever made.
(Mega Man 3, 4 and 7 are my personal faves of the series...)

BTW I was skeptical of Mega Man ZX already, and it's gotten pretty bad reviews - so I guess it's best just not to bother with it, right?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
*sigh* It's so sad that they've but the original away in the closet for so long, especially since Mega Man 2 and 3 are often considered among the best games ever made.
(Mega Man 3, 4 and 7 are my personal faves of the series...)
lol, megaman trapped in the closet... uh, sorry about that....

Stryks

Smash Hero
I personally like megaman 2 over any other of the original series, love the bubbleman stage music, and it was pretty fun, 7 aint bad either...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Don't get me wrong, I love all the intallments of the original series, though I was a tad bit unhappy with 1 and 8. Sill... Mega Man 3, 4, and 7 are my all-time faves...

By chance, what's your favorites out of the X series? X1 and X2 by far IMO, though X3 and X5 are up there as well...

Stryks

Smash Hero
X3 was my favorite, couldnt never finished it, I rented it and played for 6 hours non stop cause think some guy erased all the progrss i had, I could never defeat sigma in that game!! still it was my favorite... woah just read something in ign, the megaman series in general is about to hit 100 games... wow, still little love for the good ol original... as for brawl well, im hoping bass, protoman or even roll make a cameo appaerance in brawl...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
X3 was my favorite, couldnt never finished it, I rented it and played for 6 hours non stop cause think some guy erased all the progrss i had, I could never defeat sigma in that game!! still it was my favorite... woah just read something in ign, the megaman series in general is about to hit 100 games... wow, still little love for the good ol original... as for brawl well, im hoping bass, protoman or even roll make a cameo appaerance in brawl...
X3 was tough - that's for damm sure...

And yeah, there's A LOT of Mega Man games... too bad there's only a few good ones (i.e. most of the Original, X, and Zero series - oh, and Legends too!)

Stryks

Smash Hero
.exe series is without a doubt the worst series, there makin way to many games for it and its just gettin way old, cant tell if zx is worse cause havent playe dit, but doubt it, anyway Megaman FTW!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cameos is a must, some guy from the series has to appaer, as for items i dont know maybe like in MVC there are sphears that allow u to use a move u can earn in previous megaman games, i dont know really...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I actually have a remix of the bubbleman stage, which is in my opinion the best megaman song to date, anyway that song, or some old school megaman rock n rool like song has to get in, and they better not give me some crappy mm8 music...

Stryks

Smash Hero
not the bubble man stage for say, but a cool stage with a music simialir to bubblemas only better, if its actually possible, any way gonna watch smackdown cya XD...

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
well, you better hope the Japanese have the same opinion as you do... as there the ones who pretty much get to choose what they want in the game, :( they get everything over there.....

REdhawk1303

Smash Rookie
Sorry to double post but if you go to flashflashrevolution.com, go to FFR the game, arcade you can find the bubbleman theme song.:)

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
lol, we all like the megaman, that's why were here to discuss..... why he should be in brawl!, (cept' me, zero ftw.....)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I thought he was talking about Toadman from Mega Man 4... While Bubbleman's stage is an awesome theme to say the least, Dr. Wily Stage 1-2 theme from Mega Man 2 has that one beat by a longshot, IMO. Still, the title theme frpm Mega Man 2 is sort of the de facto Mega Man theme overall - it was used as the his theme in Marvel vs. Capcom and was the main them of Rockman 2: The Power Fighters.

Top Bottom