• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
I apologise if this has already been brought up, but. I've been thinking through how Megaman would 'work' in Brawl.

Megaman's arm cannon (chargin mah lazer) = Samus' arm laser, exactly.

Megaman's "copy the enemy's abilities" ability = Kirby's "copy the enemy's abilities" ability, to a great extent.

Megaman's 'slash with a sword' = Roy/Marth's 'slash with a sword'. Then again it's the same as 'anyone with the beam sabre', to some extent.

Zero's energy sword = Kirby's "triple swipe" ability... to some extent. Energy slashes.

I can't admit possessing an encyclopedic knowledge of the Megaman series, so correct me if I'm wrong somewhere. But in theory, he'd possess other people's special attacks with little to call his own.

Nazi Ninja

Smash Rookie
ya, i think that megaman should be in it. and i especialy think that zero should be in it, he would be the tightest character ever. in my opinion

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
As mentinoed before, I highly doubt that anyone but old-school Mega Man will make it.

Yes, Mega Man X was fantastic. But the point is people remember Mega Man's "B-wheep!" for his Buster Cannon when they think Nintendo. Hopefully Sakurai addresses this issue.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
As mentinoed before, I highly doubt that anyone but old-school Mega Man will make it.

Yes, Mega Man X was fantastic. But the point is people remember Mega Man's "B-wheep!" for his Buster Cannon when they think Nintendo. Hopefully Sakurai addresses this issue.
couldn't agree more...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
What they can also do is combine the classic Megaman moveset with the X reploid model. This makes it have a classic feeling, but still have a more mature cartoonish look. Plus, the only series with decent 3D models.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I think mega man should be like link/young link...where mega man is a faster, but weaker samus.

because megaman is so similar to samus.

I do think that Diddy would be a good add on

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
What they can also do is combine the classic Megaman moveset with the X reploid model. This makes it have a classic feeling, but still have a more mature cartoonish look. Plus, the only series with decent 3D models.

hey gary, can you make a newcomer pic from this?

if the pic doesnt show up, here is the direct link.
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/482/482308/img_1713738.html

ps-kudos to your work, i just think the x8 3d model of X wasnt all that great. Im gonna try to find a decent 3d model of classic megaman, since he has more of a chance...

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think mega man should be like link/young link...where mega man is a faster, but weaker samus.

Man just cause they both have cannon they automatically become similair? Samus will be able to transform into zamus (how? dont know), can turn into morph ball, do screw attacks and and a lot of stuff more, Megaman CANNOT transform into morphball, transform in Zamus-like megaman or do screw attacks... they only similarity is the canon thats it...

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
Zamus (more than likely) is going to be a completely new character seperate from samus (figuring they mentioned nothing about samus when they mentioned zamus.)

But yeah... Megaman is not going to be like Samus. Give Rockman a chance.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

I do think that Diddy would be a good add on
why do people keep saying hes like samus? Hes not even close!!! their only similarity is their weapon. And even then samus has a cannon, and megaman has a buster. Even their charging is different!!! Anyone that says that does not know both characters well enough. Also too, if anything, megaman would be a slower/stronger samus! But, I reiterate the fact that he is not "so similar" samus!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
hey gary, can you make a newcomer pic from this?

if the pic doesnt show up, here is the direct link.
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/482/482308/img_1713738.html

ps-kudos to your work, i just think the x8 3d model of X wasnt all that great. Im gonna try to find a decent 3d model of classic megaman, since he has more of a chance...
1: I will do that.

2: Thanks. I've been looking for Classic Megaman in 3D for a long time. But if it doesn't work out, it's okay.

EDIT:

Even though the model may be better, I still like the first version, because it blends in more with the style.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
I apologise if this has already been brought up, but. I've been thinking through how Megaman would 'work' in Brawl.

Megaman's arm cannon (chargin mah lazer) = Samus' arm laser, exactly.

Megaman's "copy the enemy's abilities" ability = Kirby's "copy the enemy's abilities" ability, to a great extent.

Megaman's 'slash with a sword' = Roy/Marth's 'slash with a sword'. Then again it's the same as 'anyone with the beam sabre', to some extent.

Zero's energy sword = Kirby's "triple swipe" ability... to some extent. Energy slashes.

I can't admit possessing an encyclopedic knowledge of the Megaman series, so correct me if I'm wrong somewhere. But in theory, he'd possess other people's special attacks with little to call his own.
Eh doubt it..they'd probably give him B attacks related to either Rush (that'd be sick. His recovery could be Rush's spring coil and over B could be hovering Rush) or other things like that Bird dude and his jetpack. I can see him having a Peach-like jetpack, and other attacks like forward B could be his beam. He should definitely be able to run while shooting. Neutral or down B could be like..a randomized attack from one of the original GBC games. He shouldn't be able to copy anyone. Unless Kirby is removed, anyway.

You could easily make an argument for MegaMan, and develop some solid movesets. He'd also be very diverse if done right, and could make for a nasty character.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Even though the model may be better, I still like the first version, because it blends in more with the style.
Agreed, you're right the cell shading animation doesn't fit in well...You still did a sick job though! Thanks! Oh yeah, so far i've had no luck lookin for a classic mega man 3d model. I found one from the game quake but it wasn't high quality enough. I found another from his cameo appearance in the game cannon spike, but couldnt get a good pic....

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
hmm megaman has been in marvel vs. capcom wow this would be interesting

his A attacks would deal with those off of MvsC yea but im more of a pro/Xand Z myself
Darkmegaman and Dark zero would have good colors . Exe by far the worst megaman ever created. Legends , oringnal Megaman, mega man Zero and X series where good * legends is the best* so i would mind those 2 or those forms for the games i listed for mega man

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
Great game, terrible terrible voice acting.

Also, Mega Man is one of two characters that I avidly support for Brawl. I would want him to be as classic as possible, just simple and blue like he appears in Marvel vs Capcom, for those of you who play those games. I could take or leave Z, but nothing is classier than the original Mega Man.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Great game, terrible terrible american voice acting.
Fixed it for you.

Sol sounds like a complete badass with his japanese voice actor.

On topic: Mega Man is, I think, one of the bigger American characters that has a good chance in Brawl. The problem is, Sakurai and the team all work in Japan, which means that who they think will make it, will make it.

I hope Japan likes the Blue Bomber.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
That distinction needed to be made, the japanese voice acting is indeed much better.

I think that we can safely say that MM is popular in Japan. I don't think that they would make so many Mega Man games in general if he didn't have a fan base in Japan at all.

I would say that the biggest obstacle to MM inclusion in Brawl is the nature of Capcom a a company. Fighting games are their bread and butter. Lending a character to a rival in the genre might not be in their best interest, from their point of view. I'll be the first one to tell you that it would probably just make MM more popular and not hurt Capcom and all, but I, regrettably, don't get to make that decision.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be their first fighter colaboration though. SNK, Namco...

Although Namco technically doesn't count, as it was more of an RPG.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be their first fighter colaboration though. SNK, Namco...
That's a good point. And, also, the fact that Mega Man is the Capcom character most present on Nintendo platforms is a step in the right direction for Mega Man supporters.

How do you think they would approack Mega Man, though? How would he play?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That's a good point. And, also, the fact that Mega Man is the Capcom character most present on Nintendo platforms is a step in the right direction for Mega Man supporters.

How do you think they would approack Mega Man, though? How would he play?
Well, if he's Mega Man, he'd have the Samus thing. Very floaty, very manuverable, but very heavy. A couple hard hitting attacks to finish, and his Buster Cannon. I think he would have only one good finisher (His Fsmash, probably) to balance with the fact that he'd have attacks like Buster Cannon and Leaf Shield.

If X is in there, then he needs to be alot heavier and fall alot faster, accenting the fact that it's Mega Man "Grown up". He'd also need a much more vicious voice actor.

As far as movelists go, that's all a matter of which game they'd take the moves out of. Things like Mario are easy; You go into all of the games, find something appropriate, then make them work. Samus and Mega Man are harder, though; in an attempt to be unique, it's tough.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I doubt he'll be heavy, the guys a kid, hed be mid-light weight, also i said it before, his Fsmash should be flame sword XD...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
1: I will do that.

2: Thanks. I've been looking for Classic Megaman in 3D for a long time. But if it doesn't work out, it's okay.

EDIT:

If he is the classic version should he really be called X?

Top Bottom