• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Navigation Mode. It's a mode that enables a character to help navigate you through stages so you won't fall into pits and tells you where items are hidden. The character depends on the game.

Mega Man 1 & 6: Dr. Light
Mega Man 2: Roll
Mega Man 3: Protoman
Mega Man 4: Kalinka Cossack
Mega Man 5: Dr. Cossack

In the PS2 verison of AC, it also enables remixed music in certain stages.
Navi Mode is just straight ports of the Japan exclusive PSX ports of Rockman 1-6, thw Complete Works.

As for the hardest games, Rockman 1 & Rockman & Forte don't have any E-Cans whatsoever. Rockman World 3, 4, & 5 are pretty hard, & 8 is a great play through.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Now that the icon theory is bull....there is hope for Megaman.
It was just "a theory". I knew it wasn't real, because no one knew where "that number" came from. BTW, what franchise is represented in the two icons next to it=??? If Sonic's one of them, it is safe to say THAT could very well be a3rd party spot. (Geno=Mario icon) Any 3rd party character could be there if it is a 3rd party character, and none better, more popular, cooler, or more reconizable then MEGAMANNNNN!!! :)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Navigation Mode. It's a mode that enables a character to help navigate you through stages so you won't fall into pits and tells you where items are hidden. The character depends on the game.

Mega Man 1 & 6: Dr. Light
Mega Man 2: Roll
Mega Man 3: Protoman
Mega Man 4: Kalinka Cossack
Mega Man 5: Dr. Cossack

In the PS2 verison of AC, it also enables remixed music in certain stages.
that takes all of the challenge out of it!(and its not that hard to find hidden items in the classic games anyways).
You know I think Sigma would be a great SSE boss! Two forms!
sigma and his multiple forms*shivers* he would be a ferocious boss.
?!?!

Why has hope for Megaman diminished around here? I thought he was the most likely 3rd party Capcom rep. =o/
some podcast thing(dont want to explain it all.)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Isaac will be icon 19, Mega Man will be icon 23 and Goku will be icon NINE THOUSAAAAND!!! (Sorry I couldn't resist. :chuckle:)

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Icon Theory hasn't been touched. What are you talking about? The only thing it was good for was telling us that Game and Watch is still in, and it still does.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well, error_alt_delete is like the 2nd biggest MM buff in this thread and he didn't even beat MM4 so I don't feel so bad anymore skipping it. As for navi mode...screw that. I have a lot more respect for myself than dumbing the game down. Classic Mega Man games are simple games (by concept) that just require skills and reflexes.

Anyways, I don't see Mega Man as being that last WTF character to be announced. His inclusions isn't really surprising anyone except the ignorant people that wrote him off as "deconfirmed" and the other gamers who will get Brawl, but aren't as obsessed with it as us. Even for those who weren't following the DOJO closely, but realized that Sonic was in...it had to be a reasonable guess that the most iconic 3rd party characters were making the cut, so Mega Man shouldn't come as a huge surprise. If there is gonna be a WTF character it'll either be Pacman, Knuckles (LAWL), or a 1st party. Which basically means Mega Man needs to get his blue *** on the DOJO pronto.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

I'm Del Money and I approve this post.

domriver

Smash Lord
Actually he pretty much is in...it's just a matter of when.
:chuckle: so true.

Anyways I really thought this newcomer would have been the last 3rd party. I don't knock Olimar he seems to be cool. Though I dont think we are getting any more characters now till someone spills the beans from Japan.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Alite, olimar being icon 22, now rockman can fit in the 19 slot! I always assumed those 2 will battle it out for the 19 icon, but now it seems we all win XD

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Now that the icon theory is bull....there is hope for Megaman.
Mr. Game & Watch is likely 13, & Rockman is hopefully 19.

Well, error_alt_delete is like the 2nd biggest MM buff in this thread and he didn't even beat MM4 so I don't feel so bad anymore skipping it. As for navi mode...screw that. I have a lot more respect for myself than dumbing the game down. Classic Mega Man games are simple games (by concept) that just require skills and reflexes.
Rockman 4 isn't hard; stop being such a *****, Del. I've beaten 1-8, World 1-5, & Forte, & 4 is by far not the hardest. Every bosses weakness is the charged Rock Buster. Hell, it stuns Toad Man so that his only attack besides jumping around is completely interrupted.

Anyways, I don't see Mega Man as being that last WTF character to be announced. His inclusions isn't really surprising anyone except the ignorant people that wrote him off as "deconfirmed" and the other gamers who will get Brawl, but aren't as obsessed with it as us. Even for those who weren't following the DOJO closely, but realized that Sonic was in...it had to be a reasonable guess that the most iconic 3rd party characters were making the cut, so Mega Man shouldn't come as a huge surprise. If there is gonna be a WTF character it'll either be Pacman, Knuckles (LAWL), or a 1st party. Which basically means Mega Man needs to get his blue *** on the DOJO pronto.
Inafune's deconfirmation of Rockman looks grim, especially when coupled with the leaked game name "Mega Man Scramble Battle" & the Rockman producer's mention of a game involving all iterations of Rockman fighting. That all sounds like Capcom tried making their own Brawl clone, so to speak, akin to Onimusha Blade Warriors, their Melee clone.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Rockman 4 isn't hard; stop being such a *****, Del. I've beaten 1-8, World 1-5, & Forte, & 4 is by far not the hardest. Every bosses weakness is the charged Rock Buster. Hell, it stuns Toad Man so that his only attack besides jumping around is completely interrupted.

Inafune's deconfirmation of Rockman looks grim, especially when coupled with the leaked game name "Mega Man Scramble Battle" & the Rockman producer's mention of a game involving all iterations of Rockman fighting. That all sounds like Capcom tried making their own Brawl clone, so to speak, akin to Onimusha Blade Warriors, their Melee clone.

As for the icons, Mr. Game & Watch is likely 13, & Rockman is hopefully 19.
1: Actually no the podcast is not really a big deal, his sentence is SO incoherent and SO incredibly teasing there really is no way anyone can take this seriously. Besides Inafune and Capcom, even though he works for them, does not get along, and Inafune has pretty much been a bad "father" and has not been giving Megaman the time of day lately.

2: The Scramble Battle thing was officially deconfirmed as a real project by Capcom, it was going to be a project, but Capcom killed it for some reason? Now Capcom is planning "Rockman Wii," which is not Scramble Battle, that is a dead project.

3: Yes, now that Olimar is 22, Megaman could be 19 now. Or a new number altogether.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Besides Inafune and Capcom, even though he works for them, does not get along, and Inafune has pretty much been a bad "father" and has not been giving Megaman the time of day lately.
Inafune is way better to Rockman than Capcom. He wants to make Rockman 9 & DASH 3, & all they want is to beat X, ZX, & Star Star to death.

The Scramble Battle thing was officially deconfirmed as a real project by Capcom, it was going to be a project, but Capcom killed it for some reason?
Yea, as in they tried making up for the lack of inclusion in Brawl, except they canceled it, as they never give Rockman enough love.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Inafune is way better to Rockman than Capcom. He wants to make Rockman 9 & DASH 3, & all they want is to beat X, ZX, & Star Star to death.

True, I got it reversed.

Yea, as in they tried making up for the lack of inclusion in Brawl, except they canceled it, as they never give Rockman enough love.
Or maybe Megaman was included in Brawl recently. :O

Del Money

Smash Champion
LOL. Dude relax. I wasn't whining. Hell, I haven't even invested that much time in MM4, yet. I'm sure if I dedicated a whole day (or decided to cheat and use an emulator with save states like some people may have, and no I'm not referring to anyone in particular)then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I only kidding about skipping 4, 5, and 6. I couldn't live with myself if I bought an entire game collection and didn't beat all of them.

Inafune didn't deconfirm anything...otherwise he would have explicitly said "no" instead of virtually admitting that he wants Mega Man in Brawl. I don't really want to discuss the podcast again.

1: Actually no the podcast is not really a big deal, his sentence is SO incoherent and SO incredibly teasing there really is no way anyone can take this seriously. Besides Inafune and Capcom, even though he works for them, does not get along, and Inafune has pretty much been a bad "father" and has not been giving Megaman the time of day lately.

2: The Scramble Battle thing was officially deconfirmed as a real project by Capcom, it was going to be a project, but Capcom killed it for some reason? Now Capcom is planning "Rockman Wii," which is not Scramble Battle, that is a dead project.

Yes, now that Olimar is 22, Megaman could be 19 now. Or a new number altogether.
I would guess a new number altogether. WW Link may have a different icon than the TP series. Anyways, I still don't buy the icon thing anyways.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyways, I do not know why but I am now even more hopeful for Megaman. I know for a fact that Capcom are attention hogs and will do ANYTHING to include themselves in a crossover fighting game, especially with as high of a caliber this game is. Since Megaman was the most requested Capcom character and one of the most requested characters period, there is NO WAY he fell through the proverbial cracks.

Now if Inafune said, "It just did not work out" or "No we are not interested in Brawl." Than I would have been crying, all he said is that HE (Inafune) has not been contacted yet, and that he could still be in.

My hopes just keep going up! ^_^

MEGAMAN FOR/IN BRAWL!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I found another "leaked roster," at least they added Megaman! :laugh:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Geno

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Gannondorf
WW/PH Link

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.rool

Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Kirby
Meta-knight
King DeDeDe

Fox
Falco
Krystal

Lucas
Claus
Jeff

Ike
Marth
Black Knight

Capt. Falcon
Black Shadow

Pit
Wario
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Animal Crossing MC
Captain Olimar
Mii (custom character)
Isaac
Takamaru

Snake
Sonic
Megaman

He says that third party assist trophies do not only include the playable franchise.
Once you collect a trophy, they automatically become AT's.
Stage trophies, when activated by the AT will cause the game to freeze, the screen to flash and you will switch stages based upon which one you activate.

I posted it in the rumor thread and am waiting for Serebii to swoop down and tear it to pieces. :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
I'm surprised Lego--er I mean mots hasn't thrown his 2 cents in about Toad Man yet...

EDIT: Mega-LAWL at the leaked roster...I guess Jigglypuff isn't coming back guys [/sarcasm]

Stryks

Smash Hero
pikmin and olimar? wtf...

what's next, captain crunch and crunchberries?
Pikmin is one of nintendos newest and greatest franchises, yet again proving u dont need violence for a great game, If u didnt expected him then u obviously know ****...

wow kinda harsh, meh... anyway MM ftw!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright Serebii said the list was Uber fake, I hope Megaman was not one the falsehoods. :sad:

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I'm surprised Lego--er I mean mots hasn't thrown his 2 cents in about Toad Man yet...

EDIT: Mega-LAWL at the leaked roster...I guess Jigglypuff isn't coming back guys [/sarcasm]

Toad man? Er... I dont know what your talking about... *Big box that he is holding starts shaking*

Toad man: MMMhmm mmmrrhhhhaaaa!!

Da-mn you I said be quiet!! *Kicks box*

I would guess a new number altogether. WW Link may have a different icon than the TP series. Anyways, I still don't buy the icon thing anyways.

I'm Jesus and I approve this post.
Er... thats an even more stupid thing to say than anything to sandman could come up with.

*Insert quote from stupid Lukeman guy*

Ha ha, funny. /sarcasm

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Dude relax. I wasn't whining. Hell, I haven't even invested that much time in MM4, yet. I'm sure if I dedicated a whole day (or decided to cheat and use an emulator with save states like some people may have, and no I'm not referring to anyone in particular)then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I only kidding about skipping 4, 5, and 6. I couldn't live with myself if I bought an entire game collection and didn't beat all of them.
7 is the weakest of the 9 console games, IMO. Aesthetically, Rockman always holding his buster out when charging looks like a spread anus. The large size of his sprite makes the levels really small, but they're not as well designed as in the World games. Forte is a great character, though, so his introduction is great. One of my favorite lines from 8 is "Come on, Treble!"

shanus

Smash Hero
Del Money said:

Inafune didn't deconfirm anything...otherwise he would have explicitly said "no" instead of virtually admitting that he wants Mega Man in Brawl. I don't really want to discuss the podcast again.

Like omgz I found some more hidden characterz guys:

TAILS IN BRAWL

AND MORE

in case you couldn't see, SUPERZOOM

and omgz
KNUCKLES IN BRAWL

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
well, if you look on the dojo in the characters section you will see that the veteran and newcomer sections are completely filled, so i suppose that means we wont know about anyone else til the game comes out??

Del Money

Smash Champion
Er... thats an even more stupid thing to say than anything to sandman could come up with.
I guess it's a good thing I was kidding, huh?

7 is the weakest of the 9 console games, IMO. Aesthetically, Rockman always holding his buster out when charging looks like a spread anus. The large size of his sprite makes the levels really small, but they're not as well designed as in the World games. Forte is a great character, though, so his introduction is great. One of my favorite lines from 8 is "Come on, Treble!"
Yeah I'm looking forward to 8 quite a bit actually. I'm just to OCD to not play them in order so it'll probably be a while.

Like omgz I found some more hidden characterz guys:

TAILS IN BRAWL

AND MORE

in case you couldn't see, SUPERZOOM

and omgz
KNUCKLES IN BRAWL
Amen...I'll drink to that.

I'm Del Money and I approve this message.

Cless

Smash Champion
well, if you look on the dojo in the characters section you will see that the veteran and newcomer sections are completely filled, so i suppose that means we wont know about anyone else til the game comes out??
Because they can't add more rows or change the site in anyway to add more characters.

shanus

Smash Hero
hey cless, don't expect more character updates prolly till after japanese release :p

now im done trolling

Cless

Smash Champion
hey cless, don't expect more character updates prolly till after japanese release :p

now im done trolling
I'm not. I wasn't expecting anymore beforehand. It's just if Sakurai wants to he can. The spots being all nice and even and full doesn't have anything to do with it.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Well, Sakurai could reveal 4 Veterans and 4 New Challengers until the japanese release date. Olimar was just the beginning... :lick:

Top Bottom