• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
why did you lost your respect?
Why? Oh, just a few things like:

1) The inability of hip-hop/rap artists to write complete sentences anymore.
2) The desire of hip-hop/rap artists to either make up words or to butcher real words to anywhere past basic ebonics.
3) Not one rap/hip-hop artist out there has enough music talent to sing/ produce lyrics with any poetic background/ play an insturment.
4) Any song that uses the words "*****, n*gger, b*tch, ho, d*ck, (any four letter word of your choice)" excessively.
4) The fact that sampling other people's songs and talking over them has become a music genre in the first place.
6) 50 Cent, Bone Thugs ~N~ Harmony, Akon, T-Pain, and anyone with "Young" or "Lil" in their name.
7) That the last rappers to make awesome (or even just bareable) music was Public Enemy, Woo Tang, and Cypress Hill. Which was way back in the late 80's/early 90's.
8) None of the rappers/hip-hop artists stand for anything more than money. Where as the groups and individuals mentioned in my last point stood to get their beliefs across and their emtions out to the populatoin, trying to get them to unite and stand up for their rights as a whole. Now-a-days, all rappers/hip-hop artists talk about is money, drugs, hos, and killing each other. Basically it's the mirror image of what was good about rap/hip-hop when it was first starting out.

But that's just a basic overview of why I can't stand this genre of music anymore. I have more, but I don't feel like sitting at my computer all night.

Megaman 4 Brawl!

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
It was not for you xDDD was for the other man any way what relation have this **** of video with megaman?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok I'm just going to say this...Don't double post and quote someone if you want to speak with them specifically

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@Dyce- there are plenty of hip hop artists who still stand for something, just dont listen to the radio lol.

did you see that guy trying to make a buster with his arm lol

crank that mega man!

what if mega man did that dance as a taunt?

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
@Dyce- there are plenty of hip hop artists who still stand for something, just dont listen to the radio lol.

did you see that guy trying to make a buster with his arm lol

crank that mega man!

what if mega man did that dance as a taunt?
quoted for da troof.

there is plenty of good rap/hip hop out there.

try "aesop rock" or "edan". you might like what you hear.

and if you want your MegaMan spirit rekindled, go to YouTube, look up mega man speed runs, and enjoy watching your favorite game getting owned by the pros!

Mega Mizzle for Brizzle (sorry dyce, I couldn't help it)

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
um...why not both lilmac and mm? wtf

hey anybocy know where I could get a pic of Peach with her biga$$ turnips

Sinn

Smash Lord

2) The desire of hip-hop/rap artists to either make up words or to butcher real words to anywhere past basic ebonics.
3) Not one rap/hip-hop artist out there has enough music talent to sing/ produce lyrics with any poetic background/ play an insturment.
4) Any song that uses the words "*****, n*gger, b*tch, ho, d*ck, (any four letter word of your choice)" excessively.
4) The fact that sampling other people's songs and talking over them has become a music genre in the first place.
6) 50 Cent, Bone Thugs ~N~ Harmony, Akon, T-Pain, and anyone with "Young" or "Lil" in their name.
7) That the last rappers to make awesome (or even just bareable) music was Public Enemy, Woo Tang, and Cypress Hill. Which was way back in the late 80's/early 90's.
8) None of the rappers/hip-hop artists stand for anything more than money. Where as the groups and individuals mentioned in my last point stood to get their beliefs across and their emtions out to the populatoin, trying to get them to unite and stand up for their rights as a whole. Now-a-days, all rappers/hip-hop artists talk about is money, drugs, hos, and killing each other. Basically it's the mirror image of what was good about rap/hip-hop when it was first starting out.

But that's just a basic overview of why I can't stand this genre of music anymore. I have more, but I don't feel like sitting at my computer all night.

Megaman 4 Brawl!
This is the best thing ever~<3

I for one refuse to watch that link now that I know the sheer stupidity that waits for me behind it.

hotstuff

Smash Cadet

Megaman 4 Brawl!
Don't stop there, ok yeah that's enough. I can't stand modern crap in the music industry. The old stuff will always be better. Why do you think U2, Chillis, Bon Jovi etc are still around. THERE'RE ACTUALLY GOOD! It's one thing to know connections and get some crap on that kiddy mtv junk but to actually right music worth listening to is something that had credit back in the day. Eventually all teenagers and what not convert back to real music.

Just the other day, (I think superbowl?) Justin T played at halftime and it was what ev' at most...,...Then Aerosmith came out and the whole stadium shook. JT was blown out of the water and was forgotten half way through the first song, When a band can creat so much energy like that, THAT'S music. **** todays crap!

oh yeah , almost forgot
Megaman for Brawl

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Don't stop there, ok yeah that's enough. I can't stand modern crap in the music industry. The old stuff will always be better. Why do you think U2, Chillis, Bon Jovi etc are still around. THERE'RE ACTUALLY GOOD! It's one thing to know connections and get some crap on that kiddy mtv junk but to actually right music worth listening to is something that had credit back in the day. Eventually all teenagers and what not convert back to real music.

Just the other day, (I think superbowl?) Justin T played at halftime and it was what ev' at most...,...Then Aerosmith came out and the whole stadium shook. JT was blown out of the water and was forgotten half way through the first song, When a band can creat so much energy like that, THAT'S music. **** todays crap!

oh yeah , almost forgot
Megaman for Brawl

Uh.... Superbowl is in like... Febuary(?) or January dude.

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
Uh.... Superbowl is in like... Febuary(?) or January dude.
Yeah.......um, that's what I thought so I put a question make HAHA! I can't remember, do you know by any chance o_0 it was JT and Smith?

Can anyone point me towards a good Megaman moveset?
glad you posted that, maybe we'll get a new one, it's been a while! Cmon people!

Specials that I liked (other peaples)
DownB: his sliding kick trip thing and if you press it again while he's doing it, Crash Bomb. (I think that would work :?
B: Well duh, shoot lol whatever he shoots I don't care but shoot lol perferably chargable buster
ForwardB: Takes out his sword and does a big energy slash or something with an element, maybe rotating between ice fire and electric or somthing. After using this attack, he keeps his sword out and fights normally but has more range with the fisty moves haha. If he's hit hard or shoots, the sword goes away.
UpB: Maybe the Rush Jet. They'll probably give him something even more unique though *shrugs*

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Alrighty... I've decided I'm making... A MEGAMAN MOVESET!!! ZOMG H4XX0R!!!11!!!eleven!!!!1!!one!

Let's begin...

((Only pic I can get at the moment... ^ ^;; ))

Mega Man:

"A" moves:

Neutral A: Quick jab forward with his left hand. Low damage, low knockback, minor stun.

A A: After the jab forward, Mega follows up with a right hook from the arm cannon. Higher damage than the first hit, decent knockback, moderate stun (can be teched, etc.). Slower than the first hit, faster than the u-tilt.

F tilt: Mega pumps his right arm forward, knocking the opponent back. Can be angled. Same strength and knockback as Ganondorf's F-tilt, shorter reach. Not that fast, but not slow..

U tilt: Mega does a spinning uppercut with his right arm ((SHORYUUKEN!!!)). Decent knockback, moderate damage, mild stun, same speed as Doc's.

D tilt: Mega does a double sweep with his legs in a round house fashion (a la Mario). Fast, lowknock, good stun.

Dash attack: Mega performs his traditional slide from the ol' Mega Man games (there's a reason why it's his dash attack. Bear with me). Good distance, tumbles opponent over Mega.

U smash: Mega raises his left arm above his head, his right arm cannon poised beneath him. Mega fires a quick burst within a small area above him for the attack. Strong knock back at an upward projectory.

F smash: Arm cannon held behind his back (charge phase), Mega then lunges his arm forward firing a mega cannon burst a short distance. Depending on the charge, the shot will vary in size, in three stages... ----> . ----> o ----> O The shot goes a short distance, but has low knockback (to keep from being broken). Nice damage racker, and decent stun.

D smash: Mega holds both arms above his head (left hand cradling the top of the arm cannon), and then fires at the ground in front of him with 5 quick bursts. Damage racker. No knockback. Stun like falco lasers.

Grabs:

Grab: Mega grabs his opponent with his left hand.

Grab hit: Mega smacks his opponent in the head/torso (character depending) with his arm cannon. 2-4% each hit. Slow to hit.

F throw: A small/medium charge shot from the cannon sends his opponent forward. Medium knock back. 8-11% damage.

D throw: Mega tosses his opponent into the ground, and gives a swift kick afterward, knocking them up a little. The first throw can be teched, and is a 2-5% damage manuever. The kick is a second hit, and will deal another 2-4%.

U throw: Mega tosses his opponent up, and fires three bursts into his opponent. Easily DI'd out of. Bursts do 2-3% each.

B throw: Mega performs a powerful throw backwards, and fires a medium shot after his opponent. High knockback, strongest throw. The shot is a guarenteed hit, since it's a fast animation, and part of the throw. 8-14% damage.

Aerials:

Neutral A: Mega performs a smex kick, much like Mario. Same properties as Mario's attack.

F air: Mega performs a cartwheel in mid-air, using both arms clasped together to hit his opponent while spinning. The area of attack is only in front of him. Does not spike, sends them either upwards and away, or horizontal and away (depending on when they're hit, respectfully).

D air: Mega does a double kick downwards. The first hit does no knockback, but hits for 2-5%. The second kick is a meteor smash, and does 5-7% damage.

B air: Does a double kick backwards. Another multi-hitter, but does 2-5% damage when both hits connect. Low knockback. Nice combo tool.

U air: Rolls backward, knees to his chest, feet aimed at the sky, and pumps his feet forward (in this case, up), knocking his opponent far and away. High knock back, moderate damage. Slower than Samus' u air, faster than Bowser's.

B Special moves:

Down+B: Copy: Megaman touches his opponent, and shoves them aside, copying an ability based upon their moveset. This move does no damage, and little knockback, but long enough stun for Mega's buster to change. NOTE: This is not an exact copy like Kirby's. While this will copy most B-moves, some moves will be different, yet also based upon the B move. I'll explain more later. Hitting Down+B will delete the copied ability, as will dying.

B: Mega Buster/Copied ability: I'll cover the Mega Cannon first.

The Mega Buster can be charged standing still or running. While running, it takes longer for the weapon to charge, than standing still. This can be stopped by hitting the shield button. At it's lowest level, the shot does 1-2%, and can be fired quickly in three shot bursts, but requires a little recharge after doing so. A completely charged shot will cause 15-18% damage with high knockback. Mega will start glowing/flashing colors when his shot is charging, and pulse a single color when fully charged.

The copy cannon will work dependent upon other characters abilities. The Mega Buster will change color depecting the original costume color/likeness of the character. Examples are as follows:

Peach: Mega copies Peach's defend ability, changing the Mega Buster to pink. He'll shove a Met C-15 in front of him, squirming about. This reflects projectiles at an upward angle, and defends against physical attacks. This doesn't however, deal damage.

Bowser: The Mega Buster changes into a dark green color, and resembles the mouth of a dragon. This flamethrower attack has a tall height, but short horizontal range, and disappates after a short time (like Bowser's attack).

Samus: Mega Buster becomes Samus' arm cannon, with missle expansion extended. He'll fire missles that aren't as fast as Samus' "smash missles", but faster than the homing missles. Knockback and damage is between Samus' two types of missles.

Mario: Mega copies Mario's fireball attack. His arm cannon changes to a white and red color, resembling Mario's firesuit. The fireballs do less damage then Mario's, but Mega can fire two at a time, like in the original Mario series.

Fox: Mega's Buster cannon changes into a half shield, and copies Fox's reflector ability. It retains the same properties as the shine, and knocks them to the side.

Fox idea2: The Buster cannon becomes a long, slender cannon, and fires like Fox's laser.

Link: Mega's cannon turns into a vibrant green, and pulls out a every time B is pressed. This is different from links, resembling that of a perfect sphere. The blast does the same damage as Link's (this is under the premise that his will remain the same).

Zelda: The arm cannon gets a scope, and an eye visor appears over Mega's eye. Pulling the trigger on the cannon, a small reticule flows out from Mega. This reticule can be guided like Din's fire. After B is released or has traveled the max distance, a shot roars out, and the cannon fires an e shot to the target. Can't go through walls, little more damage than Zelda's, but same knockback.
((Didn't really know what to do here, but I though something to this effect would be cool... don't flame too much... ^ ^;;))

Kirby: The cannon takes on the look and feel of a hammer. A quick uppercut on the ground, knocking the opponent into the air, and a spin that knocks the opponent down while used in the air.

DK: The Buster cannon grows giant (Did you play MegaMan ZX? About the size of the Fire cannons). Mega charges the Buster cannon, and pushes forward with a mighty blow.

Diddy: Buster cannon changes size to a smaller version of the cannon. Fire's g renades that can be charged for moderate distance increase. Charge too long, explodes.

(((These were just some ideas/examples I had swirling through my head...)))

Side+ B: Mega charges forward quickly, like his counter part X from the Mega Man X series. While not really used in the original Mega Man's, I thought this would be a useful skill to have (and I can't think of anything else...). Moves him horizontal in the air.

Up+ B: Mega hovers in mid-air for a couple seconds (Like Ness charging PK thunder). And in flies Rush!! Rush can be scared away if hit with a projectile, sending Mega to his . If Rush reaches Mega, a fast animation change gives Mega the Rush Jet, allowing limited flight at a slower speed to return to the stage. It sends Mega at an upward angle, and can only be moved going forward or back(hope that made sense). However, this doesn't change direction. After a few seconds, Rush abandons his buddy, and flies away, dropping Mega.

Final Smash: Power Adapter: Rush returns once again, and fuses with the Blue b omber to form Power Mega-Man. Mega doesn't flinch while in this mode, but still takes damage. His attacks have doubled in power, as have the knockback, and his B moves changes to the Super Knuckle, a quick and ly attack with high knockback and damage. During this state, Mega is flashing white. After a few seconds, Rush leaves Mega, and Mega returns to his previous state. His copied abilities return as well. Mega can't use his Up+b at this time, since Rush is being used for the Power suit.

Taunt: We hear the faint whistle of Protoman, and Mega looks around for him, but he is nowhere to be found.

Death: Whether he falls, gets knocked off the side, or flies to the sky, the standard dying bubbles seen since Mega Man one flash from the point of demise til the edge of the screen. These bubbles are mostly transparent, so they don't interfer with gameplay too much after the loss of stock.

Winning pose 1: Mega flies in riding Rush like a skateboard. Both look at the screen, and Mega gives a thumb s up.

Winning Pose 2: Mega has a silly grin on his face, looking around. He pauses, looks at the screen and raises his left hand, much like a high five (got this from Marvel vs. Capcom 2).

Winning Pose 3: Mega shoots his cannon into the air, and brings it down on top his shoulder, his left hand holding the cannon.

Kirby hat and ability: Kirby wears the blue ers helmet, and fires the Mega Buster. Same ability as Mega, as in he can run and charge.

Colors:

Blue: DUH.

Red: Light red suit, Red armor.

Green: Light green, almost brown suit, green armor.

White/gray: Armor pieces are grey, suit is white.

"Black": Darker suit, black armor.

Purple: Light purple suit, dark purple armor.

Yellow: Overall yellow.

I expect a lot of mixed reviews on this... :-\

Sinn

Smash Lord
I thought the buster cannon changing thing was a pretty neat touch to the whole thing. And the fact that the abilities he would get wouldn't be EXACTLY like the characters' own moves makes it not a ripoff of Kirby's ability gain too. Hěn hǎo.

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Megaman can only

Megaman can only copy other robots abilitys ¬¬ no human powers! and I'm sure that if they make megaman in this game they will put powers from other games because in the original history megaman never lose a power. did you se any ova of megaman? that's not the U.S cartoon from the early's 90
so that will never happened. Megaman can't copy abilitys in marvel vs capcom.
Megaman can only copy other robot's abilitys.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megaman can only copy other robots abilitys ¬¬ no human powers! and I'm sure that if they make megaman in this game they will put powers from other games because in the original history megaman never lose a power. did you se any ova of megaman? that's not the U.S cartoon from the early's 90
so that will never happened. Megaman can't copy abilitys in marvel vs capcom.
Megaman can only copy other robot's abilitys.
That's what I said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yhea Mario stays big when he gets a mushroom and Kirby is 8' tall...

So whats your point?
that's different that downloading a humans power from their body...

Besides, Megaman never has copy in his moveset in any of his games...

Kirby does

Sinn

Smash Lord
With people here seemingly split on whether or not he should be able to copy other characters' abilities, I suppose we'll have to just wait and see. You say that it doesn't make sense, but if so many people keep coming up with the idea, what makes sense from a gameplay standpoint and what is correct in Mega Man canon aren't necessarily going to be the same thing. Keep in mind, Ness never used most of the special abilities he has; they belonged to Paula.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is no copy ability in the game though...and all Ness' abilities were at least in game.

I say he has a number of abilities he can cycle through...2-3 + Buster Cannon.

Sinn

Smash Lord
He may not have had a controllable copy ability, but it was still a vital game mechanic that was part of his unique abilities. The fact that the player couldn't control it at will I think isn't really as important, but then...maybe I'm just fondly remembering the TV show where he would take other robot masters' powers in each episode...ah, good times. Loved the episode with X and the mavericks.

And I still think that having it based on his last held item would be an interesting feature. Though people who don't play with items will complain about it, so maybe not...

M@RIo MEgA MX

Smash Apprentice
Robots

no we don't need to wait,. Any true megaman fan know that megaman CAN'T COPY HUMAN OR LIVE THINGS ABILITYS! ONLY ROBOTS! DO YOU HEAR ME? ROBOTS!!!!!!!!!
Beside, in super adventure rockman they show the weapons as a chip! and a chip is a chip! fox hasn't a chip as a weapon! an mario hasn't too!
and if you are asking me why megaman don't use the powers from the games before, that's simple! the robots go back to the robot museum! with his respetive chips! if you play super adventure you will see cutman givin his power to megaman and saiying, take it! you will need it more than me!.
So megaman can't copy abilitys! that's from the U.S.A cartoon only! He need to beat the robot first! that's why he can't gain the power in the middle of battle ¬¬
Did you think why he use leaf shield or tornado hold in marvel versus capcom? AND NOT COPY ABILITY!?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well then, if it's a CHIP from the robot masters that gives Mega Man his powers, I'm sure that Fox and Samus have more than enough electronic equipment that could theoretically qualify. And whatever other characters or items that are electronic in nature could too.

One odd question here...if Mega Man blows up the enemy robots, how exactly do they get sent ANYWHERE after the game is over...?

MvC was a completely different type of game. And considering that the vast amount of characters only did things like...punch......and kick......that didn't really give the designers much to work with in that area in the first place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well then, if it's a CHIP from the robot masters that gives Mega Man his powers, I'm sure that Fox and Samus have more than enough electronic equipment that could theoretically qualify. And whatever other characters or items that are electronic in nature could too.

One odd question here...if Mega Man blows up the enemy robots, how exactly do they get sent ANYWHERE after the game is over...?

MvC was a completely different type of game. And considering that the vast amount of characters only did things like...punch......and kick......that didn't really give the designers much to work with in that area in the first place.
Robots can be rebuilt...

I still think a cycling thing would be best...wood man's shield, Cut man's blade...other stuff...

Top Bottom