• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Maryland Player Finder -.-

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
lol double posting SOOOOO was my thing for like... 3 days until i got tired of it.

I have a philisophical question...

Why can peach pull out bob-ombs but Link can't?

Added: Rofl if he could he'd be like...who am i kidding? He'd still suck =(

AkaGoodguy

Smash Journeyman
Why not get really good with someone that sucks and then be better because of it. i mean... ohw many people play as the high teirs? a lot, but what about link? how many people use link as a primary? not too many people. so if you get really good with him, its much easier to get known, and for much better reasons.

hova

Smash Champion
no one cares who u use and no one respects low tier users, we just wipe the floor with u and walk away.

link and ganon aren't even bad characters, they're actually usable and there are a lot of well known link and ganon players.

until u start placing relatively high in tourney no one is ever gonna know who u are. it's nice that ur proud of urself for not using higher tiers but no one else is.

and just for the record, the large majority of top players are actually good with low tier characters and i mean really lower tier like yoshi, dk or kirby. they just realized that at a certain level of play the top tiers have an advantage that the lower ones can't touch

you'll understand when u get better

chinesahh

Smash Lord
low tiers are fun but hova is right.

there is a point when you just cant use them

sooooooooooooooo anyone wanna mm my dk?

Fonz

Smash Ace
Why not get really good with someone that sucks and then be better because of it. i mean... ohw many people play as the high teirs? a lot, but what about link? how many people use link as a primary? not too many people. so if you get really good with him, its much easier to get known, and for much better reasons.
Why is getting known important? I'd rather just play characters I enjoy, and leave it at that. For tournaments I use pretty much falco and peach exclusively, I enjoy playing them and they give me the best chance to win. For other **** I really like playing ness/ylink as well. I'm not gonna bust out ness/ylink all the time to prove anything or get known but I do think they playing them in friendlies helps build good habbits. You learn to fight different ways, because these characters have to do everything the hard way. With falco approaching most characters is pretty simple, with ylink everything has to be planned out pretty much. Long story short, play how you wanna play, who cares what everyone else thinks about your character/accomplishments?

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Word, I noticed the shoulders... the hair covered it so i didn't notice =(

So now I'm the only one with un even boobs. =[

Kirbstir doesn't love me because I have un even boobs...

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Mew
That Character is weird man. O_o

Glides to much for my tastes.

To much pink on her Kirb.. O_o It distracts my attention.. especially that giant bubble coming out of her mouth...

chinesahh

Smash Lord
i think chu right now is in cali, with helen, her sister, managay, and ken.

****ing dark side traitor stuff

FOB

Smash Ace
I wanna play chinesahh. I haven't played you since Arcade Smash (my first tourney).

Zero34

Smash Lord
how exactly does the EGL tournament work? can we sign up at the place or do we have to register online?

lol at the two hours they give for smash... >.<

Vist

Smash Champion
how exactly does the EGL tournament work? can we sign up at the place or do we have to register online?

lol at the two hours they give for smash... >.<
it's gonna run much like mlg did back in 2005 it looks like. you can sign up at the place or register online but online registration is encouraged because it's the only way to guarantee you a spot in the tournament. most likely you won't have to worry about not being able to sign-up (unless you're late or something).

and yeah the rules say EGL is only allowing a couple hours for smash but that only seems to be because of the egl organizer's lack of knowledge of the smash scene. he has said that the times can change and also egl now has a guy that handles all the smash for the events (EGL mike). it's looking like it's gonna shape up to be a big event, possibly rivaling the mlg events last year and hopefully will be even better than the c3 event coming up. c3 is gonna have the big md/va battle but egl may very well draw in bigger crowds with larger prize pots and possibly more out-of-state smashers.

Zero34

Smash Lord
okay, thanks vist. then ill just sign up at the place

depending on how big the venue is, it will take a LOT longer than two hours for teams and singles unless they had like, 20 stations

im hoping for some great competition here, but im pretty sure that C3 is the next must-be tournament for us. CREW BATTLEZOR!

chinesahh

Smash Lord
yo vist

is the egl **** that saturday and sunday? cuz if its on friday i cant go

FOB sweet. i look forward to the ****

Zero34

Smash Lord
is that even a question? c3 is stapled on my list so im definitely there

yeah, we gotta play. you got so good. at c3, dont be fuxing around be those crazy matches with NKK and get in some friendlies with me lol

Vist

Smash Champion
yo vist

is the egl **** that saturday and sunday? cuz if its on friday i cant go

FOB sweet. i look forward to the ****
Friday is just a 'fun for all', so no tournament play that day. Saturday is when all the smash action is going down and Sunday is most likely just halo 2 unless EGL decides to change things.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
5%, we need some rematches bud...
Chin, can you do me a favor and Change my name on the list to "Blue Blazer" <_<.

Top Bottom