• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Link looks like a combination of Fergie/Jesus" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword Link was also originally left handed. Fi just demanded Link to be right handed, and as an act of rebellion against her tyranny coupled with the memories haunting Link's spirit of Fi singing, and interupting everything, every other Link who reincarnated became a left handed swordsman. These are tru fax.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
As I have said elsewhere (and plan to say again), I truly think this Link is a foreshadow of a Link yet to come. I don't think his differences are merely clothing and color palate/texture. It's his facial expressions and this new look of maturity. My friend and I instantly thought this Link looked more "feral" and, more importantly, older than any other incarnation of Link. I really do think this is a thus-far non-existing Link design. It would also explain why Sakurai didn't mention his new design alongside Samus and Pit.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
If you look at the 2012 E3 "demo" design of Link, it looks pretty similar to Smash 4 Link. The differences are there, but they're probably a result of a year of development between Smash and Zelda. I really think that the Link they're using in this game is the one they intend to use in the next original Wii U Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If this is a new Link, I suspect the next Zelda being a sequel from Skyward Sword, but takes place before Ocarina of Time.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Huh...
I always figured SSB4 Link was based off of the Wii U Zelda tech demo Link:

Flipping the hair, of course.
The nose is a bit different, but the face has a very similar look. At least, when compared to his TP, SS, and even SSBB counterparts. More masculine? I guess. This wouldn't be the first time they used a Zelda tech demo model...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That tech demo Link is just an updated look on his Twilight Princess design. His Smash 4 design looks far more like Skyward Sword's Link, and at the meanwhile, he doesn't look like ANY Link we've seen at all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All minor details yeah. But not the major ones like in Brawl.

Honestly, this Link looks nothing like Brawl or TP Link. He' the most unspecific Link yet.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Honestly, this Link looks nothing like Brawl or TP Link. He' the most unspecific Link yet.
Yeah right.

Other Smash Links were 100% specific. This one is around 95%.

It's a world of difference, amirite? :rolleyes:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Looks and sounds exactly like TP Link, also known as Best Link. Now I can forget all about SS Link and his baggy pants and sad face and weenie voice.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just a general question:

Do you guys think Link can reach Ike's level of badass in this game? :p

Kamiko

Smash Ace

It's all the details, right down to the metal frame around the Triforce on the shield. But everything's shaped and colored differently, making it look completely different.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So conclusion: This is NOT Twilight Princess Link.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Link in Smash isn't supposed to be one specific Link.

So conclusion: This is NOT Twilight Princess Link.
His design is certainly based off Link's Twilight Princess design. The exact same details are all there. The difference is the saturated color scheme, but all the rest matches.

[collapse="This huge image speaks for itself"]
[/collapse]

However, I'm willing to believe that SSB4 is more based on THIS Link (not counting the mirroring, of course):

The similarities and details are all there. I wouldn't be surprised if the SSB4 model was the above model mirrored and with its color scheme edited.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
His design is certainly based off Link's Twilight Princess design. The exact same details are all there. The difference is the saturated color scheme, but all the rest matches.
I believe Diddy isn't willing to accept it because one of Diddy's main reasons to replace Sheik with Impa was that Sheik wasn't planned for Skyward Sword.

Now that Sakurai decided to base Smash 4 Link on Brawl Link, Sheik doesn't need to have a new design. Sakurai can simply base Sheik on her Brawl design.

Though I really wish for Zelda to be revealed sooner, so that we can put an end to this pointless debate.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I believe Diddy isn't willing to accept it because one of Diddy's main reasons to replace Sheik with Impa was that Sheik wasn't planned for Skyward Sword.

Now that Sakurai decided to base Smash 4 Link on Brawl Link, Sheik doesn't need to have a new design. Sakurai can simply base Sheik on her Brawl design.

Though I really wish for Zelda to be revealed sooner, so that we can put an end to this pointless debate.
Well, he's stubborn as a mule, after all. He probably doesn't care about Link's design, he just wants an excuse to have Sheik replaced by you know whom.

And check that second image I posted. Either Brawl Link or HD Link from the tech demo could have been the basis for SSB4 Link.
The similarities are striking. The details are all there. It's impossible to deny such facts.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

This debate should have ended as soon as Link was was shown in that trailer. Honestly, the tunic, the bombs, the bow, the shield, the voice and everything is based off of Twilight Princess/Brawl Link. The only thing that is different is his brighter textures but that is because overall all the characters are looking brighter now. Why some people are still in denial over this is beyond me.

Honestly, I would have personally enjoyed to have Skyward Sword Zelda in the game since I adored her design but that's not happening unless she is an alternate costume. I believe it's safe to say that Zelda is returning in the Twilight Princess design again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even with a so called Twilight Princess design, Impa still has a chance of getting in. It's by far no Twilight Princess design, at least no specific TP Link design. Some details yeah, as TP Link is definitely the most detailed Link design as of yet. Same with Toon Link and Wind Waker's Link design.

Toon Link got an updated WW design, same as Link in Melee was an updated OoT Link design. This Link got the colors of Skyward Sword, and the blue lines after swinging the Master Sword. How is this getting ignored?

People are just rooting for the 'no change' route, which is honestly pathetic. Things won't stay the same all the time. And we have Sakurai who already confirmed cuts. And I'd rather cut Sheik before another unique character again, namely Mewtwo.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Even with a so called Twilight Princess design, Impa still has a chance of getting in. It's by far no Twilight Princess design, at least no specific TP Link design. Some details yeah, as TP Link is definitely the most detailed Link design as of yet. Same with Toon Link and Wind Waker's Link design.
Some details?

"Honestly, the tunic, the bombs, the bow, the shield, the voice"

I'd call that more than just "Some details" Didz. But yeah, just because we have the Twilight Princess designs doesn't mean that Impa can't be in the game either, after all we got Toon Link and Sheik in Brawl who both never were in Twilight Princess. (Though Sheik did have a concept art for that game that they used)
Toon Link got an updated WW design, same as Link in Melee was an updated OoT Link design. This Link got the colors of Skyward Sword, and the blue lines after swinging the Master Sword. How is this getting ignored?
I'd say the textures are more the result of the fact that everyone generally has been brightened up in the game than just Link. As for the blue sword slash, well... I guess I can give you that.
People are just rooting for the 'no change' route, which is honestly pathetic. Things won't stay the same all the time. And we have Sakurai who already confirmed cuts. And I'd rather cut Sheik before another unique character again, namely Mewtwo.
Hey I'm not. I would have been more than happy to see the Skyward Sword design's as I enjoyed Skyward Sword much more than Twilight Princess so I would have been more than happy to see those designs but be as it may. It looks like Sakurai opted for the Twilight Princess design's again. (Most likely because that would mean that Sakurai wouldn't have to bother with making a new design for Ganondorf and again for Sheik)

I'm just going to hold out the hope that Sakurai opts to keep Toon Link too if he decided to stick with the Brawl designs for the Zelda cast instead of changing the child Link's design again. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He did bother changing the colors accordingly, and the blue lines. Just look at Fox and Mario. They have their exact look for Brawl. Only veterans that have some changes are DK and Samus. Samus most specifically.

And since TP and SS Link where so similar anyway, Sakurai probably decided to went an easier route to make him a mix between Brawl's Link, SS colors and blue lines after the blade slashes.

Anyways, you are all wayyyy too early to jump conclusions.

Remember Skyloft is a stage?
And look how Gerudo Valley basically looks like Bridge of Eldin 2.0?

I'm 100% positive we won't see any Twilight Princess stages in this game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
>Mario
>Looks the same as in Brawl.

I'm not bothering to read the rest of your post.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He did bother changing the colors accordingly, and the blue lines. Just look at Fox and Mario. They have their exact look for Brawl. Only veterans that have some changes are DK and Samus. Samus most specifically.
[collapse=Fox and Mario Brawl and smash Wii U comparison]
[/collapse]
They both actually look brighter too if you ask me. Although they do look like they did in Brawl yes.... Just like Link.... :/

And since TP and SS Link where so similar anyway, Sakurai probably decided to went an easier route to make him a mix between Brawl's Link, SS colors and blue lines after the blade slashes.
That still doesn't really explain why he is still using the same bombs and bow from Twilight Princess. Surely that should be easy enough to change if Sakurai and his team really are too lazy to use the actual design and update it for the Wii U and 3DS. Especially since he apparently wasn't for Samus... :/

I'm 100% positive we won't see any Twilight Princess stages in this game.
Of course, instead we will be seeing the Bridge of Eldin return as a Brawl stage. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Samus used a way older design than Link's anyway. And SS and TP Link could easily be twin brothers. They are the most similar Link designs of all Zelda games.

Also, the Bride of Eldin won't return as a stage. And if it does, I'll send you 100 Rupees.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Samus used a way older design than Link's anyway. And SS and TP Link could easily be twin brothers. They are the most similar Link designs of all Zelda games.

Also, the Bride of Eldin won't return as a stage. And if it does, I'll send you 100 Rupees.

What about the Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks Link's then? Don't they look more similar to Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link than the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword ones do for each other? They may as well be quintuplets. :laugh:

Sure, thanks in advance. ;)

IYM!

Smash Lord
Anyone else sad that in the video here at 02:03 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ&feature=youtu.be#aid=P-_6kKFPkbY
Link with Samus and Pit because they "are born in 1986" then talk about Samus and Pit revisions but nothing of Link.
Sakurai trololol or hiding something big?

Thats because sakurai hates link

all his incarnations are bad, even in melee, his best incarnation, dont reach the middle tier
his recovery sucks (counting onlythe spin attack)
his final smash isnt good and is full of glitches
and his participatioon on the brawl adventure mode was. . . .well, he didnt do anithing impresive.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Thats because sakurai hates link

all his incarnations are bad, even in melee, his best incarnation, dont reach the middle tier
his recovery sucks (counting onlythe spin attack)
his final smash isnt good and is full of glitches
and his participatioon on the brawl adventure mode was. . . .well, he didnt do anithing impresive.
Um, Link, Pit, Yoshi, Mario, and Kirby were all together in SSE, so if you say how he didn't do anything impressive, just remember the other four characters that didn't do anything impressive with him. Remember that Sakurai had Link as one of the main four characters (along with Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu). If he truly hated him, he would've put Samus in his place, or someone else. Ike's recovery and Kirby's recovery are even worse. His Final smash is really good too, he attacks whoever is in front of him (at a certain length) and they can't do anything about it untill after. Also, I don't think Sakurai would give someone's FS glitches on purpose. And you try to balance a bunch of characters all by yourself like Sakurai did (don't know why he did that).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm glad they finally went with just a "Super Smash Bros" incarnation of Link, like Mario, Peach, and all the other characters have, rather than based on a current title. I'm hoping for a Brunette Zelda.
I'm pretty sure that's twilight princess link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom