• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Link looks like a combination of Fergie/Jesus" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice

Bow before his handsomeness.

Excuuuuuuse me, princess.

You think I care that this little **** Mega Man is shooting metal **** at me?

Because I don't.

Discuss

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
They make him look more Aryan every time

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm glad they finally went with just a "Super Smash Bros" incarnation of Link, like Mario, Peach, and all the other characters have, rather than based on a current title. I'm hoping for a Brunette Zelda.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
I don't know why but this time around I get a very "Anime" feel from him. That and if he fell into Fire Emblem like that, he would fit right in. I really like it though.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I don't know how many posts I made about how much I didn't want him to look like he does in Skyward but I'm stoked with this model.
May have to go back to maining him if he isn't as slow as he was in Brawl.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I'm glad they finally went with just a "Super Smash Bros" incarnation of Link, like Mario, Peach, and all the other characters have, rather than based on a current title. I'm hoping for a Brunette Zelda.
Hes still TP link though, just a new model with colors more akin to SS link. He even has all his TP designed weapons as well

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Hes still TP link though, just a new model with colors more akin to SS link. He even has all his TP designed weapons as well

Still, I feel he should at least get some SS gear.

Hoping Zelda is still TP Zelda. Or I mean, hey, Maybe it's a hint at the new Zelda? I'd be down for that.

GIMME ZELDA NOW

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
I definitely wouldn't mind a nod to Skyward Sword in Links character model myself but since the topic of gear came up is Links Boomerang still going to have the Gale Mechanic?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I definitely wouldn't mind a nod to Skyward Sword in Links character model myself but since the topic of gear came up is Links Boomerang still going to have the Gale Mechanic?
I'd rather have the Beetle than the stupid Gale Boomerang. What I'm really curious about is how they're going to handle tethers in this game.

AKZuM

Smash Rookie
I think they are doing an "Ultimate" version of link for his default, and having alternate DLC costumes for his OoT(HD), TP, and SS versions. you heard it here first.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Link looks like TP's (and Brawl's) Link, but colored and shaded like SS Link, which is a nice mix.

I really like the new art style for Smash 4. It suits the characters perfectly.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
What about his moveset? Her UP+B move seems to be improved in ground but still a horrible recovery ...
Poor Link.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's not TP Link, neither SS Link, but their lovechild :rolleyes: I don't see how people keep insisting this is TP Link, cause TP and SS Link are pretty damn similar. The most similar Link designs out there even. The fact he has Skyward Sword's color palette seems to me mostly a suggested SS Link, but updated in looks. Needless to say, this Link is the least specific Link we ever had in Smash. And that's a good thing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pretty sure every character just got brighter colors.
They even said every character got brighter colors because HD.
Don't think the "color change" if you can call it that is related to Skyward Sword.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
That is more TP
He's not TP Link, neither SS Link, but their lovechild :rolleyes: I don't see how people keep insisting this is TP Link, cause TP and SS Link are pretty damn similar. The most similar Link designs out there even. The fact he has Skyward Sword's color palette seems to me mostly a suggested SS Link, but updated in looks. Needless to say, this Link is the least specific Link we ever had in Smash. And that's a good thing.
Look at this picture:

Now look at this picture:

Then this one:

If you compare all three, he is obviously based on Twilight Princess Link. His gauntlets, boots, tunic, chainmail, style of pants, even down to the bordline trim on the cap and boots, the stitches in the cap and tunic, are pretty much identical. The only difference is the color scheme, which is brighter, as are all the characters.

Skyward sword Link has much looser tan pants, blue gauntlets, etc.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
That is more TP

Look at this picture:

Then this one:

If you compare all three, he is obviously based on Twilight Princess Link. His gauntlets, boots, tunic, chainmail, style of pants, even down to the bordline trim on the cap and boots, the stitches in the cap and tunic, are pretty much identical. The only difference is the color scheme, which is brighter, as are all the characters.

I wouldn't work too hard to try and convince Diddy- everyone else knows that he's TP Link updated to fit the style of the new Smash. Diddy's just inhumanly stubborn. It's his super power. :)

I don't think Link has ever looked this good. I love it... he genuinely looks like a hardened warrior from another culture now. Awesome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That is more TP

Look at this picture:

Then this one:

You know what the problem with you all is? You and every other SS Link hater always compare Smash Link to SS Link in game! Ingame, of coarse he doesn't share the same features, but look at his official artwork:

Now check this:

Safe for Link being left-handed now, this Link definitely looks most inspired by SS's official art work. It's also funny how you all people come up with TP Link's official artwork, and SS Link ingame. Did Toon Link look like his in game model in Brawl for example?

Not quite now does he?

Skyward Sword used a similar art style as the Wind Waker. And just look what Toon Link is holding in his hands. What's that thing called again? The Wind Waker, that's right. :smirk:

Also, are these two dudes exact replicas?

This is basically exactly the same situation. :rolleyes:

Props to Sakurai merging the styles of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword so well togheter! This Link is the least specific Link we ever got. And he's looking awesome! All I hope for is that he's actually useable this time.

Also, I will continue to claim this Link is a hybrid untill I see a damn Gale Boomerang. :smirk:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
^sorry diddy, but your wrong. Im a huge fan of SS link myself, but this is not him. All the details are from TP, he just has a primary color scheme like sakurai said, everything from his stitching and his wrist guard are TP inspired. His bow is as well and his hylian shield is a dead give away since it has more ornate detailing than the SS one

Most of all sakurai wouldnt make him left handed if he was SS link, that would be a detail that i assume he would respect for that version.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've said this before but, SSB4 Link is basically TP/Brawl Link with a color scheme based on SS Link. Basically, the model and details are from TP/Brawl, while the color of the tunic, shield, hair and all that is clearly based on SS Link, so yeah, it's a mix of both.
In a nutshell, model and shape based on TP/Brawl, color scheme based on SS.
The Bomb's design and bow are still taken from TP, so it wouldn't surprise me if he kept the Gale Boomerang.

I get this feeling that Zelda will also be Brawl based, but taking some cues from SS. Same for Sheik and taking cues from SS Impa.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But the main difference between TP and SS Link are their color schemes, and not much more :rolleyes:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
But the main difference between TP and SS Link are their color schemes, and not much more :rolleyes:
You completely negated my post's content. You can post all the pictures you want, but when it comes down to the fine details like I explained, it's TP Link. The SS Link you showed was his back side. So.. um. I guess I can agree all Links have the same ass.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad he's left handed, not that right handed mutant in Wii TP, SS, and HD Wii U Zelda teaser. Yes it's a big deal.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
It is the TP model updated and TP textures. The textures have just had a change in saturation, etc.

He looks good, but I find it kind of lazy to update the Brawl character instead of using the newest model and item models.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Link isn't so bad because they are nearly identical, but if they do this to Zelda, that would be upsetting. And if they don't, it will look a bit mismatched. Maybe he intends to pluck Ganondorf from a third game and get more games represented...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You completely negated my post's content. You can post all the pictures you want, but when it comes down to the fine details like I explained, it's TP Link. The SS Link you showed was his back side. So.. um. I guess I can agree all Links have the same ***.

Ok then here's another picture you cheeky *******. :smirk:

Focus was on the blue outline of the sword's slash. Which Fergie-Jesus Link has as shown in my earlier picture.

Keep denying, it doesn't make it less true. :rolleyes:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Ok then here's another picture you cheeky *******. :smirk:

Focus was on the blue outline of the sword's slash. Which Fergie-Jesus Link has as shown in my earlier picture.

Keep denying, it doesn't make it less true. :rolleyes:

We're not talking about the outline, we are talking about the character's appearance. You've ignored my points again for a third time. You see how this Link above has no stitches in his tunic, LOOSER pants, NO detail whatsoever on the trim of his boots, no stiches on the cap, etc. how can you ignore points that are not only in front of your face, but everyone else with a brain agrees with?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Finally, Link looks almost as good if not on par graphically with his character model from Soul Calibur 2! Coincidentally, isn't there talent from people who have worked on that game helping create smash this time around *cough* NAMCO *cough*

Why did it take a decade and 2 generations of nintendo consoles for it to happen?

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Whether or not he resembles one version of Link or the other, I think Link looks amazing this time! That was the first thing I noticed in the E3 trailer (along with Donkey Kong).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whether or not he resembles one version of Link or the other, I think Link looks amazing this time! That was the first thing I noticed in the E3 trailer (along with Donkey Kong).

Diddy mains speak the truth. Always. :awesome:

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
That literally had me laughing out loud even though I love right-handed Link more than left-handed Link.[as a righty, I relate to him better]
Yeah, I'm right handed too. It's a unique trait to Link's character though. The only other lefty game characters I can think of off hand are the pigs in Hogs of War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom