• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
you = wrong, sir, i beleive that i am not, silly goose, and you shoudnt be either, she is a fox, after all. and i belive that some of you only want her in so you can stare at her the whole time, although some of you have come up with a fantastic moveset *claps*
umm dude that "silly goose" thing was kinda homo and whats wrong with thinking she's hot? it s not hurting anyone lol and i want ehr ein the game cuse she like the only other character i'd play as be sides C Fab ...so yea....

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The fact remains that she's the only staff-based martial arts fighter in the Nintendo realm. She has a ton of potential for a unique and fun moveset. If she makes it, I'll be happy.

As for looks...I've noticed that characters in Melee were based off their latest incarnation at the time. If that holds up, then we'll probably see Krystal in her Command outfit. Thus defeating the sex appeal point. =D

I won't care, though. And seriously, if the only reason you don't want a character in Brawl is because of sex appeal...

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
yea i agree but her Command costume still has Appeal its still a jump suit...

not that it matters what her costume because she's still hot and i want her in because shes my faveortie Nintendo character and from my favortie Nintendo series...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You KNOW that you want Krystal!

Krystal,

↑B: staff boost (shoots almost straight up (starfox adventures))
B: fire-blaster (weak, slow, but able to be fired in rapid sucession (starfox adventures))
↔B: ice blast (can potentialy freeze, like ice climbers down+B (starfox adventures))
↓B: ground quake (super ground quake in mid-air (starfox adventures))

A (1st): swipe
A (2nd): counter swipe
A (3rd): downward swipe
A (repeatedly): figure 8's
A (while dashing): skid (slides with staff facing forwards)

↔A: double kick (uses staff as support, and kicks outward with both legs)
↑A: upercut (staff starts just behind ankles and is arced until it rests on her shoulders)
↓A: staff jab (very long ranged ground based jab)

SMASH ↔A: power smash (energy charge is sent through staff as it strikes)
SMASH ↑A: vortex (Krystal extends staff above head in a conicle spinning motion)
SMASH ↓A: double sweep (first clockwise at feet, then counterclockwise at feet)

A (midair): spin cover (spins staff around lateraly, moving it from top to bottom once)
→A (midair): Meteor pummel (arcs staff from behind head down to feet)
←A (midair): double strike (swings staff latteraly. It contiues the motion over her head and comes back around to strike again)
↑A (midair): saftey bar (holds staff overhead to block and then spins once on it (think uneaven bars in gymnastics))
↓A (midair): clear away (spins staff rapidly below knees in a kneeling position)

Z: grab
Z or A (while holding): elbow to head
→ (while holding): gut staff jab
←(while holding): kick away
↑(while holding): fan blades (Holds foe above head with one arm and spins staff in other repeatedly hitting foe for nice damage)
↓ (while holding): one toe drop (lays oponent on ground, jumps and lands on them, with one toe)

Speed: 7
Power: 4
Size: 6
Jump: 6
Durability: 4
Projectile or melee: either

Krystal: this very balanced character is a great pick. She has extraordinary range and her staff gains a slight advantage in damage percentage at the tip so she can keep foes at a distance. She is a very finesse based character, so a lot of practice is necessary to truly make Krystal a force to be reckoned with. The way to truly master Krystal, however, lies in the mastery of her B-button moves. B These slow moving projectiles can be fired in rapid succession. It may be easy to avoid one or two of these fire blasts, but a chain of five or six can seriously hinder the advancement of foes. Use this move to keep foes at a distance, keep foes from returning from off of the edge, or as a distraction to aid your retreat. ↑B The staff boost technique is, unfortunately, not capable of covering much horizontal distance. It does, however, move at a fairly decent clip and does cover great vertical distance. This move also does not leave Krystal vulnerable during its execution. It is great for climbing up a stage’s levels and escaping congestion on the ground. ↔B This chilly technique is great for stopping enemies in their tracks. This move can stun advancing enemies immediately in front of you for long enough for you to escape or perform a quick smash attack, whichever you prefer. ↓B This ground shaking move is a meteor smash in midair. When it strikes the ground, it sends out a shockwave that sends opponents flying. Its relative strength is proportional to the distance above the ground you are when you use it. It is great for putting an exclamation point on entering the fray, clearing enemies and causing all around havoc. Master these moves and using them effectively, and you master Krystal.
If aggressive: Keep foes at end of staff length. At this distance, few melee attacks can reach you, allowing you the upper hand. Try to keep engaged with only one foe at a time, however, as Krystal is not the sturdiest of brawlers.
If defensive: you are in luck. Krystal’s moves allow for quick escapes and effective distance attacks. Krystal can easily snipe or quickly enter a fray, cause great disruption and, just as quickly, retreat. Mastering her “B” button moves can help you accomplish this task with the slightest of ease.
If you love to be in the melee: Krystal may not be the best bet for you. She is a little frail, but is an easy enough target to hit that she’s a liability. Her earth shattering ↓B and chilling →B moves can cause widespread damage, however. Know when to retreat if you plan on using this strategy with Krystal.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
...Very nice, thorough character analysis. I agree with it almost entirely, except I think you should be able to get at least some horizontal distance with Staff Boost (like Dolphin Slash or Mario's uppercut). Other than that...*applause*

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I said almost straight up. Dolphin slash has about the perfect comparative trajectory for what I wanted. (is glad that moveset is well accepted)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ok, i can agree with you guys that krystal is hot. but i would like to point out one thing for all the "normal" (for whoever you are) or "non-furries"...
Pamela Anderson>Halle Berry>Zelda>Krystal>>>>>most girls in my school

i am sort of inclined to like krystal

anyways, that rant made no sense, wii is going to kick ***, and krystal for brawl!

Lord CAM

Smash Rookie
I love krystal to death... but after the events of Starfox Command... grrr.. im pissed at both fox and krystal...

Lord CAM

Smash Rookie
I still need to play command In order to see if I like the characters looks, Krystal's is sweet, but I am not sure about everyone else.

Krystal For Brawl!
Dude back off she mine :mad: :]

oh and you have to remember those endings arn't declared official to the Starfox series
Good... I hope they dont go with any of them... but thats off subject... if they do put her in the game... ill probably cheat on samus with her :laugh:

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
You know, this is usually where I come up with a witty post to make you guys look silly, but I see that my job has been taken care of already. Carry on.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
um, she is fox's, or If you go with a different command ending, panther's
you what funny bout that is She's like 15 -16 in Adventures and Fox is like 28 dont you find that a bit odd?and there is an ending where she stays in the team and doesn't hook up with fox but whatev lol

yea and did i ask you ?lol

kaid

Smash Master
I recall Fox being 18 in SF 64.

Adventures was 6 years later
Fox is now 24
Krystal is 16-18.

A 6-8 year difference.

Maybe she has a thing for older guys?

fluffy

Smash Champion
this is just like the time i realized that may was 10!

only krystal deserves me. not fox.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Krystal will be sweet in the game! I hope they add a lot of Star Fox characters and Wolf Characters. I say Krystal, Wolf, Fox and Falco will all be in the Brawl. Be cool to see Panther or Leon too but I know they won't be in it.

Enfilade

Smash Cadet
hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I felt the need to finally register just to say one thing.

She's a fox you pasty virgin *******s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom