• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE OFFICIAL Kennesaw, GA (and surrounding areas) Thread

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Your posts burn my eyes. Dont dash? Really now? Then again this is coming from a person that enjoys KOF 2K2, I guess that answers the question I was about to ask. The only thing here that splainly visible is that youre a scrub with a scrubby mentality and a scrubby set of goals when it comes to being a winner.

1. You like Brawl. Good for you, no one cares, find tournaments and go and win them since its blaringly obvious you know so much.

2. You have made 0 valid points in which why you think melee < brawl.

3. triangle Jumping is why you dont like melee? Wow, you wouldnt play Marvel more than once with me. As soon as I switched in Storm or played Mags youd reset the game. NO ONE triangle jumps in melee, its not that useful as a skill because there is no such thing as in instead overhead in smash. I really dont see how you can honestly use that as a legitamate reason not to like anything. Thats like saying you dont like cereal because there are letters on the box.

4. You dont know SHIT about competition if you think that being able to pick up a game and instantly compete with people that play all the time is good. Apparently you dont know the reason why people practice. Also an exceptional person can do this, but not an unexceptional game. This actually made me laugh that you think this is great. Ah yeah I trained for my whole life to get that Olympic medal but some kid with one leg broke my track record....the day he was born. Excellent insight here Sherlock.

But it doesnt matter. All you see is grumpy melee vets flaring up that *** and you use unintelligent logic and circular talk to make invalid points. If this was a debate youd be disqualified for not knowing anything abou tthe subject.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
hey guys i've been avoiding the topic of this coversation a lot
but what is triangle jump

only thing i can think of is in kirby super star where the ninja can triangle jump

Rayku

Smash Lord
Man. ZOM~B's not even really arguing anything. He's being completely neutral, and you guys are just assuming everything all at once. He's just saying "I like playing Brawl because there are more people to play," and everyone jumps on him just for posting he likes playing a Super Smash Brothers game on smashboards. So much flame @_@

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Man. ZOM~B's not even really arguing anything. He's being completely neutral, and you guys are just assuming everything all at once. He's just saying "I like playing Brawl because there are more people to play," and everyone jumps on him just for posting he likes playing a Super Smash Brothers game on smashboards. So much flame @_@
lol this usually happens when someone shows too much love for brawl here.

heh, and I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Your posts burn my eyes. Dont dash? Really now? Then again this is coming from a person that enjoys KOF 2K2, I guess that answers the question I was about to ask. The only thing here that splainly visible is that youre a scrub with a scrubby mentality and a scrubby set of goals when it comes to being a winner.
I'm not saying don't dash... but in this case dashing has a bit of risk vs. reward mixed in... it's dumb. If you absolutely can't afford to trip though then you absolutely can't afford to dash... Though still I'm not arguing for tripping. Everyone know tripping is dumb.

And does the fighting game community have some sort of secret grudge against KOF2k2 or something?

And yeah, I guess I don't have my priorities straight...

1. Have fun
2. Do my best
3. No johns

1. You like Brawl. Good for you, no one cares, find tournaments and go and win them since its blaringly obvious you know so much.
Cool. I might like to find some other people in the Kennesaw, GA area who would be interested in finding tournaments with me and winning them. That sounds really on topic though. Anyway yeah, it's appearing that way, that noone cares.

2. You have made 0 valid points in which why you think melee < brawl.
You're right. I haven't. I don't intend to make any... I was just saying that melee != brawl. I think there's plenty of hard evidence in that.

3. triangle Jumping is why you dont like melee? Wow, you wouldnt play Marvel more than once with me. As soon as I switched in Storm or played Mags youd reset the game. NO ONE triangle jumps in melee, its not that useful as a skill because there is no such thing as in instead overhead in smash. I really dont see how you can honestly use that as a legitamate reason not to like anything. Thats like saying you dont like cereal because there are letters on the box.
Actually I was referring to triangle jumping completely centralizing MvC2. Triangle jumping has nothing to do with why I don't like melee. In fact I don't even dislike melee. I just don't play it competitively... which has nothing to do with liking it or disliking it... I'm not trying to take melee away from you.

And I'll totally play you at some MvC if you want. I'll play my megaman and spiderman, get my *** handed to me, shake your hand, "good game."

If you know somewhere to play I'm totally down.

4. You dont know SHIT about competition if you think that being able to pick up a game and instantly compete with people that play all the time is good. Apparently you dont know the reason why people practice. Also an exceptional person can do this, but not an unexceptional game. This actually made me laugh that you think this is great. Ah yeah I trained for my whole life to get that Olympic medal but some kid with one leg broke my track record....the day he was born. Excellent insight here Sherlock.
This is a good point... but... I don't really see a lot of great upsets in tournaments regardless of the tripping mechanics and small skill barriers. If I recall the last few WABA tournaments:

1. Reflex
1. Reflex
1. Reflex
1. Reflex

The man must be doing something right. Or maybe he just sucks at the game and is a lucky *******. The world may never know.

Anyway, "Actually Competing" and "Feeling like you have a chance" are completely different things. It takes a little while longer in melee to get to both points. The reason I don't play melee competitively is because I haven't put as much time in to it... because there aren't as many people who play it... and because I'm not interested in playing it by myself.

But it doesnt matter. All you see is grumpy melee vets flaring up that *** and you use unintelligent logic and circular talk to make invalid points. If this was a debate youd be disqualified for not knowing anything abou tthe subject.
I'd be disqualified for not taking a stance... I'm not saying one game is better than the other. I'm giving my opinion on why I enjoy playing brawl competitively. And trying to point out that they're different games.

And you're right about a bunch of grumpy melee vets... but **** it you're melee vets in my area and if I ever start playing melee competitively (I play a few rounds with Rayku every time we hang out... not getting four stocked consistently anymore woo) then you're all going to get your chance to wreck me. Good times ahead.

Anyway I just want to play some god**** video games, so that's what I'm going to do.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i've been avoiding the topic of this coversation a lot
but what is triangle jump

only thing i can think of is in kirby super star where the ninja can triangle jump
A triangle jump is mostly used in Marvel games... you can do a super jump and then cancel it before you're too high up, do an aerial (must be blocked high) then you land shortly after, do a crouch attack (must be blocked low) and repeat very quickly. It's incredibly difficult to punish and the center of MvC2's Metagame.

I personally don't think it's very fun, but that's why I don't play MvC2 :p

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Man this is the internet but i gotta say reading everything is entertaing as well as readin what marty says. Makes me happy i play and practice melee .

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
I've actually picked up Melee again while this conversation has been going on. I probably suck again of course, but I want to play someone just to see. We need to get together and play somewhere again. Waba would probably be a good place (2-11 is great for 5 dollars) but it's 45 minutes away from me.....and the family car would never make it that far...

I remember we all went to GP's house once, anybody think we could pull that off again?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Where the **** is GP. I only talk to him like once every 9,000 years on myspace, and I get a "Yeah that sounds like fun." and that's it.

I go to Waba about every day I get off from work. Dsamoan, you should try to make it to Waba next Saturday/Sunday.

A

AmChristo

Well, Mark, here I am. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a friend and neighbor of Dsamoan's. My friend code is 0860-2934-9517. I look forward to playing SSMB with all of you.

A

AmChristo

In all honesty, I haven't played on my Wii in several months. Many times I was close to tears with how bad the Wii's wireless capabilities are, but then I would simply punch my puppy across the room and then I'd feel better.

It's significantly easier to hang out with friends using the party system implemented by the Wii's evil, white, cyclopic competitor, however I sometimes feel like a tool because I buy so many of MS' games.

Anyway, it is more fun to play with people in real life, though it might actually be harder to talk to them. In any case, I recently started playing Brawl again, and I'm actually looking forward to some live battles. Let me know the next time you guys head over to Waba.

Rayku

Smash Lord
CHRISTO GO TO WABA THIS SATURDAY, for realsies! Even if you're not going to enter.

D'you have AIM?

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Godd*mn puppy deserved it.

Hey Chris, sad to say were bad around here about getting smashfests together because were all really lazy and cant drive much, Waba is a great place, but unless you have a way to get to Duluth I think were out of luck for that. Only ways I can think of are if Marty is conveniently heading down there and feeling nice enough to let us tag along, or if you pay Rayku more gas money than the next guy I think he may consider kicking someone out for you.

A

AmChristo

Hah-hah, yeah, well, sometimes mammals just forget their place(both a curse and a blessing, eh?)

As long as I have directions that won't get me lost for an hour and a half(never even got to see Taken...), I'm ok with driving myself and others there. Obviously, Mark, If I can get a hold of the Cruiser, you're welcome to ride with me whenever you need to. It's a shame I can't just drive the Speedster. That thing is so beast, but the only one in my family who drives it well is my dad. If I could just learn how to drive stick, we could cruise up to waba in style!

Anyway, Rayku, I probably won't be able to go there this weekend. I'm going to be pretty busy for a while, but I can probably squeeze in some time somewhere if everyone's meeting somewhere.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I might come to Georgia for waba this saturday, and I might come down for spring break to visit a friend.

These are all maybes.

joshgrrr

Smash Rookie
Hey not to rock the boat but its me! mr 1777 post from earlier on haha.
Cawk 1117-9938-7952 Add me

But more importantly, And I mean no harm if the kennesaw brawl community has boycotted this place but...
http://www.battleandbrew.com/index.php?content=location

Battle and brew is a lot closer to kennesaw than waba is.
Not that I dont love minh and supporting him, but from what Ive read, it seems like a lot of people have problems with transportation.

Just offering because I dont know if people know about this place or not.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hey joshgrrr. The reason we stopped going to Battle N Brew tournaments is because -no one- was going to them anymore. Like, my crew went to one, and we were literally the only ones there. After that, no one was talking about it, so we just stopped going. If people are going to them, I have one friend that would probably be interested in going, along with myself.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Battle and Brew was a pretty sweet place, But my main complaint was just the tournament setup, you know 5 stock 12 minutes, best of one, and single elimination (especially when theyre were barely 10 entrants). The owner seemed like a nice guy but apparently from what ive heard he didnt care when smashers gave him proper tournament advice and ideas. So fix that, and i'd be all up for going back if anyone else is still showing up. I think I actually still remember how to get there.

So does anyone have Street Fighter 4 for the PS3? Just curious.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
In all honesty, I haven't played on my Wii in several months. Many times I was close to tears with how bad the Wii's wireless capabilities are, but then I would simply punch my puppy across the room and then I'd feel better.

It's significantly easier to hang out with friends using the party system implemented by the Wii's evil, white, cyclopic competitor, however I sometimes feel like a tool because I buy so many of MS' games.

Anyway, it is more fun to play with people in real life, though it might actually be harder to talk to them. In any case, I recently started playing Brawl again, and I'm actually looking forward to some live battles. Let me know the next time you guys head over to Waba.[/QU all u lil nubs. So cute 2 c u all here. Long time no log

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
all u lil nubs. So cute 2 c u all here. Long time no log
Yo man! I've made a small attempt to keep your GA thread legacy going. Hope your proud of the effort, although it sure has been a while since anything useful came out of this thread, but were trying our hardest. What possessed you to come back to the boards after all this time?

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Yeah Battle and Brew was a pretty sweet place, But my main complaint was just the tournament setup, you know 5 stock 12 minutes, best of one, and single elimination (especially when theyre were barely 10 entrants). The owner seemed like a nice guy but apparently from what ive heard he didnt care when smashers gave him proper tournament advice and ideas. So fix that, and i'd be all up for going back if anyone else is still showing up. I think I actually still remember how to get there.

So does anyone have Street Fighter 4 for the PS3? Just curious.
Planing on getting it soon:chuckle:

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted several months ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

This is by no means unnecessary. Though in all honesty I should just start a new thread, but why let 128 pages of pure awesome and the sad, pathetic history of this thread go to waste? So how many of you subscribers are still active on here, playing Smash Brothers? (Brawl or Melee, who cares) Show of hands.

*Raises*

However insane this may sound, I want to give this another try. (If for no other reason than I have a car, a GPS, and plenty of gas money.)

Anybody out there?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
lol
i remember when i got that message just before i bumped elliot's ike guide v2.0 except they said
the last post over a year ago or something like that

BBQ°

Smash Champion
This is by no means unnecessary. Though in all honesty I should just start a new thread, but why let 128 pages of pure awesome and the sad, pathetic history of this thread go to waste? So how many of you subscribers are still active on here, playing Smash Brothers? (Brawl or Melee, who cares) Show of hands.

*Raises*

However insane this may sound, I want to give this another try. (If for no other reason than I have a car, a GPS, and plenty of gas money.)

Anybody out there?
Awww yeah.
Marietta is where it's at now, though.
Southern Poly Smash University.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Because my memories are here. My first STD was at marks place. The first time I met you was at marks place. Thats why this thread wont die. It would be like killing me.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Lol you know what I mean
I dunno man, I mean, you were in the basement most of the time at my house and I was upstairs. Who knows what went on down there?

Haha, sorry Marty, I know you're pretty sick of all of us with our stupidity, but oh well. It's what we're best at. Anyway yeah like BBQ said I mostly just did this because if we're going to be having relatively regular tournaments and smashfests at SPSU, I want to see if I can get some people from the boards involved too. Make the competition more interesting. I'm feeling a name change, maybe the official Marietta (SPSU) thread. Because obviously Kennesaw isn't where it's at, and were just that important.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Well it was The Official King of Kennesaw (and surrounding peons), but we can't name this thread after a man who wishes ill on it! I actually don't recall when I changed it back though.

So who wants to go down to Waba on Saturday the weekend after this coming one?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Well it was The Official King of Kennesaw (and surrounding peons), but we can't name this thread after a man who wishes ill on it! I actually don't recall when I changed it back though.

So who wants to go down to Waba on Saturday the weekend after this coming one?
So you're bright idea to pick back up the Kennesaw scene is to... go to Lawrenceville.

<_<;

Top Bottom