• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robojiggz

Smash Rookie
what do you do against a defensive marth, meaning he spaces to his advantage and waits for me to attack than he reacts with a shield--> grab or a quick smash....when he's at high percentages it is easier for me to take control...i need help with approaches

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You basically have 3 options against a marth when approaching. Run to

a)shield (beats their attack, loses to their grab)
b)grab (beats shield, loses to attack)
c)attack with dash attack (fair is too slow because he can react to your sh) (beats grab, losses to shield)

basically stay on the ground and shield whenever you are in range of a fair and try to keep close to him keeping the pressure up. Just don't be too aggressive and after you hit him once or twice its generally bad to keep attacking him because his range will own you eventually. Make sure you keep switching things up because if you get predictable, you'll totally get your *** handed to you. Try to force your opponent into thinking you'll do one thing and do another, like try to show patterns and such and then completely change things. Once your opponent is up to rest killing percent try to get in close with a shield and try poking him with the final hits of your dair into a rest (don't do that if your opponent expects you to do it, instead read what he's doing and just wreck damage on him and kill him with like a fair or something.)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I got my wifi working but I'm having some troubles connecting my wii to it, but I may be able to play people online soon.

What stuff do I need to be able to play against someone? Do I just need a friend code or brawl code, or what?

Whoever scrubs want to play me, just put whatever info I need here and say you wanna play me, and hopefully I'll get my internets working right.

TheStig

Smash Lord
you need a friend code...i'll play u foo

yo mamma so fat, she got a skin eating disease and still has 20 years to live

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I got my wifi working but I'm having some troubles connecting my wii to it, but I may be able to play people online soon.

What stuff do I need to be able to play against someone? Do I just need a friend code or brawl code, or what?

Whoever scrubs want to play me, just put whatever info I need here and say you wanna play me, and hopefully I'll get my internets working right.
Once you connect to wifi for the first time on Brawl, it automatically assigns you a friend code. The only thing needed to battle online with friends is your friend code. You don't need to give them anything else (except for maybe a can of whup-*** lol).

Ooh, lemme be the first scrub to play you lmao xD Err... I'll play Jigglypuff once in a while, but I'm probably gonna play other characters instead. Jigglypuff dittos are gay.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I don't play jiggs online because jiggs sucks online and resting is like impossible which makes things really ****ing frustrating.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I guess so... It really doesn't bother me anymore when I play Jiggs online. The lag is virtually un-noticeable for me now, and it does not hinder my game whatsoever in a real offline match =)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
@tEhrXXz0r: do you really live in NV because I live clear across the country so the lag online might be a problem.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I noticed a huge difference from playing mostly online to going to my first tourney without really playing people in person. First matched I played and throughout the whole tournament, it really screwed with my timing cause it was completely different. I try to avoid wifi now unless it's an occasional friendly or 2v2 for kicks. I'm like waiting for the people in my area to hold a smashfest so I can know them better and have people to play in person instead of wifi.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
hey bowyer, when are you going to lose to me on wifi?
lol, I can't get my wii to pick up my wifi, and anyways, I think I'm going to sell my wii and get an xbox 360... so maybe when school starts... if I feel like playing... because brawl is bad... and melee is way better... lol

Davexen

Smash Rookie
I saw this amazing Jigglypuff player when I was watching an online match as a spectator. It was a team battle, and the contestants were Jiggs & Dedede vs Ike & Ganondorf. Dedede was a total noob who got killed all the time, but that Jigglypuff was something else. Even though both Ganondorf and Ike have a way longer reach and the power to smash Jiggs of the stage, that Jigglypuff totally wiped the floor with 'em. He was with great skill using pound to do aerials, and he was awesome at edgeguarding.
I myself play as Jigglypuff from time to time, but I keep having trouble with Jiggly's light weight, so I keep getting sent offscreen at pretty low damage. But this guy was really awesome so I guess I'll keep practicing with lil' Jiggs xD

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
thats too bad what game did you get
I got assassins creed and I'm borrowing bioshock and GTA 4. And I am SO ****ING PUMPED for Fable ****ing 2.

we to the ak
lol, 360 is a much better system than wii and brawl kinda sucks.

I saw this amazing Jigglypuff player when I was watching an online match as a spectator. It was a team battle, and the contestants were Jiggs & Dedede vs Ike & Ganondorf. Dedede was a total noob who got killed all the time, but that Jigglypuff was something else. Even though both Ganondorf and Ike have a way longer reach and the power to smash Jiggs of the stage, that Jigglypuff totally wiped the floor with 'em. He was with great skill using pound to do aerials, and he was awesome at edgeguarding.
I myself play as Jigglypuff from time to time, but I keep having trouble with Jiggly's light weight, so I keep getting sent offscreen at pretty low damage. But this guy was really awesome so I guess I'll keep practicing with lil' Jiggs xD
lol, jiggs wrecks both Ike and Ganon so its not a suprise that he would wreck them in doubles.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Assassins Creed is some weak ****. Honest to god it's a terrible game. You did redeem yourself by mentioning Fable though :p

Also, which would you say is now better overall, F Air or B Air?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Truly i don't find anything worth buying on Xbox360 except for Halo and the Sonic games that don't come on the Wii. To me, Xbox 360 is just a waste of money. Don't even get me started on the PS3.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Assassins Creed is some weak ****. Honest to god it's a terrible game. You did redeem yourself by mentioning Fable though :p

Also, which would you say is now better overall, F Air or B Air?
fair

Truly i don't find anything worth buying on Xbox360 except for Halo and the Sonic games that don't come on the Wii. To me, Xbox 360 is just a waste of money. Don't even get me started on the PS3.
Sonic sucks, lol. Also, wii games blow and thats a fact. 360 games are the ****.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That firebreathing Jiggly is awesome, but Tails makes me want to look away...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Has anyone ever played Teh_Spammerer's Jigglypuff? His is too good for me. =(

I beat it once with G&W, but just barely. =/

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
So I ***** a Snake with Jiggly by keeping at a 45 * angle, spammed pound/Fair and proceed to grab when they landed, then juggle a bit more in the air, rinse repeat, and used a full-height Rollout to kill at the point where it goes above and past Snake's head so he doesn't suspect a backwards attack and spam tilts, and that pretty much works for me against most characters with Jiggs.

Any thoughts? That's basically the only strategy I use ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom