• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to spend less time on the Internet, but it's addictive.

I don't really come here that often. I spend more time on gamefaqs now.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
yeah he has been posting a lot, but that should not matter, anyways back on topic... Any idea what Genos FS will be? any ideas? I think Geno Flash (when he turns into a cannon) is a good idea...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Star Road from SMW would make for a sweet stage for Geno.

Geno Flash works the best for a Final Smash.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
If you are serious, you probably have few friends from different enthnies.

Why? You seem to be a prejudiced person.

Oh, by all means, bring on the ethnic. No racism here, almost 20 years in Los Angeles taught me that much.

I am a bit prejudice against bumbling idiots who label themselves 'trolls' on the internet for some kind of nerdy ego-game against video game characters, in an attempt at attention and getting people all riled up. Sounds like some kind of escape from real life.

Are you being bullied or something, looking for a way to let it all out? I'll PM you some helplines and support links if so. Always a humanitarian, even for the meek!

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I have no serious problems in life. I just entertain myself.

On-topic, the best stage would be the Factory, if only for the awesome music.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
In Paper Mario, the home of Twink and the other Star Spirits is known as Star Heaven. This is presumably Star Road as Super Mario RPG. In Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga there is an area known as Stardust Fields which is styled the same as Star Hill from Super Mario RPG, only this time serves as the boundary between the Mushroom Kingdom and the Beanbean Kingdom. Star Hill is revisited in the sequel to Mario & Luigi, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Also, the "Rainbow Road" courses in the Mario Kart series have a resemblance to Star Road.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
In Paper Mario, the home of Twink and the other Star Spirits is known as Star Heaven. This is presumably Star Road as Super Mario RPG. In Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga there is an area known as Stardust Fields which is styled the same as Star Hill from Super Mario RPG, only this time serves as the boundary between the Mushroom Kingdom and the Beanbean Kingdom. Star Hill is revisited in the sequel to Mario & Luigi, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Also, the "Rainbow Road" courses in the Mario Kart series have a resemblance to Star Road.
Ithink that all those places are supposed to be part of the same "star realm". If there is a stage in Brawl, it'll probably be named Star Road. But I think that a stage to represent SMRPG should actually be seen in the game, like the forest or the factory (Bowser's castle with Exor in it would be sweet! the only problem I see is that Bowser's castle will also be represented in some other way, like with lava and stuff).

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
No. Star Road in Paper Mario is presumably Star Road. Star Haven (not Heaven) is the home to Twink and the Star Spirits. My assumption is that the Star Rod grants the wishes and Star Road carries those wishes down to Mario's world. When the Star Road was broken, Geno had to repair it to relay wishes between Star Haven and Mario's World. Bowser got all this information from Geno in SMRPG and learned about the Star Rod in Star Haven and decided to steal it for himself to harness the power of wishes. None of this was ever directly mentioned in SMRPG but it makes sense because Paper Mario was originally intended to be a sequel even previously called SMRPG2 but because of legal restrictions...

Anyway, Paper Mario drew several concepts from SMRPG.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Here's how I think Geno could come into the Subspace story, simply by looking at the story as we know it.

As Mario and Pit descend from Sky World, Mario notices for a moment a tiny star or ball of light that hovers around him, spins and flies away during one of his jumps. Later, Mario and Pit are caught in a huge tornado made by the Primid. Pit is buffeted, his wings are caught in the wind, and he is blown away. Meanwhile, Mario gets smacked in the face by a familiar wooden doll. The star from before spins around Mario again before hitting the doll and suffusing it with light. The doll gets bigger and bigger before it reaches Mario's size. A Primid tries to jump Mario, but the doll begins to move, its arm revealing hidden mechanisms and concealed weapons as it points at the Primid. Hidden guns in the doll's arm blow the Primid away. Geno nods at Mario, just before the next stage begins.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Here's how I think Geno could come into the Subspace story, simply by looking at the story as we know it.

As Mario and Pit descend from Sky World, Mario notices for a moment a tiny star or ball of light that hovers around him, spins and flies away during one of his jumps. Later, Mario and Pit are caught in a huge tornado made by the Primid. Pit is buffeted, his wings are caught in the wind, and he is blown away. Meanwhile, Mario gets smacked in the face by a familiar wooden doll. The star from before spins around Mario again before hitting the doll and suffusing it with light. The doll gets bigger and bigger before it reaches Mario's size. A Primid tries to jump Mario, but the doll begins to move, its arm revealing hidden mechanisms and concealed weapons as it points at the Primid. Hidden guns in the doll's arm blow the Primid away. Geno nods at Mario, just before the next stage begins.
That would be a great way!

I, on the other hand, am of the indea that Geno would join later in the story, at a point where the Ancient Minister is damaging the stars/wishes.

Or (depending on the way it is played), maybe you can start Geno's part of the story where he is watching what happens to Mario/Kirby/princesses, kind of like Pit does it, so he decides to go to the Earth (or w/e place it is). Another way would be Geno traveling to Earth and coming across Mario and Pit, but not talking to them (as in flying past them), since he has something more important to do...

It all depends on the way the story and the new characters are dealt with really.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'm getting a bad feeling with this whole 35 character thing...

especially with certain characters these "reliable prophets" say are gone...

and the ones they say are in...

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice

I wouldn't believe this 35 character thing, 35 characters isn't that big of a farfetched idea, just the characters these leakers picked. I can assure you R.O.B isnt a playable character. No ridly, krystal(even tho i hate her) and no geno? this has to be fake. Since sakurai made the poll he had to make it for a reason! Anywon who scored high is probably in.

schnible

Smash Rookie
i really don't think star road will be there... come on in the star road geno is a star... not the puppet... that non sense... and the story will be too logical and long for making sens to this... but forest maze can be there for sur and the same way of smrpg... geno puppet can go away in the forest and you have to find if going in some direction and the right pat make you unlock him lol... that can be more cool that going to star road... and sorry for people who WANT STAR ROAD... but me i don't give a #$%?&... forest maze whit the song and that it geno playable and mallow asit trophie doing his cymbal and bring the playable caracter dizzy and you have to fight reverse for a moment lol... anyway geno for brawl and forest maze too

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Don't lose hope about Geno guys; it's far too early for that. I found the post over at GameFaqs, and it is pretty convincing, take a read as to why the leak is a possible fake.

Portrait, Nyase, any of you who leaked this... if you can explain this one away, please do. For some, this will be old.

I present to you, GameFAQers and GameSpotters, the World Icon List.

That's right. The same world icon list we've used to speculate on characters for so long. This has been proven useful time and time again. Theories on CRACKING the organization of the list have failed in the past, but the list has always been correct in one aspect: it proves the minimum number of series left for Sakurai to unveil.

I will explain for those who are not aware of how the list functions. Next to each update, as I'm sure you've noticed, there is a logo. Every image on the internet has an image location -- a URL that leads to a page that is entirely blank EXCEPT for that image. Below is the URL for the image location of the Smash logo.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_01.gif

Notice how the end says "world_b_01". The "01" part represents its number. In this way, every franchise is numbered. Smash is Franchise One. The highest "numbered" franchise unveiled to us is Franchise 22:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_22.gif

Pikmin.

Franchises 1-14 are the returning series, and 15-22 are newcoming series. You can go all the way up from 01 to 22, and only run into two errors. Icon number 13 is gone, and Icon number 19 is gone. That means one more Veteran series to be announced, and at LEAST one more newcoming series to be announced (since 19 needs to be filled and it's possible for more icons to be added beyond 22).

Looking at number 13, we must think about which Veteran series has yet to be confirmed. There's only one -- Game and Watch. Therefore, he is confirmed to be in Brawl.

Then, we think about 19. Hmm, at least one more newcoming series, right? Golden Sun? Megaman? Who knows... WHO CARES. This is where the vital flaw in this leak lies.

According to the leak, the characters left to be confirmed are Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Ness, Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf. Did you figure it out yet? I'll say it for you.

THERE'S NO NEWCOMING SERIES TO REPRESENT ICON NUMBER 19.

So, either there's another character they are for some reason not revealing that was planned since before even Sonic and Olimar (R.O.B.?... I doubt it, very, very much), or they are simply doing what leakers often do -- leak correctly for one game, and then abuse their reputation to wreak havoc because they know they will never be lucky enough to get inside info for another game again.

Oh, and speaking of that "unknown character" nonsense that some of these prophets are spewing, BS. Absolute BS. What possible reason could you have for leaking the entire roster and then NOT telling us the last character? Don't want to ruin the surprise? Yeah, okay. You're not sure on it? Okay, you know the whole roster but you're not sure about ONE character?

FALSE. ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice

There's no such thing as a "reliable prophet" and I don't care what kind of history they have. So relax, buddy. Just hope that sometime this week we're going to get an update that obliterates the 35 Character rumor once and for all. ;)

So for the sake of the 35 Characters being fake: KRYSTAL FOR BRAWL!

Honestly, she seems to be the most likely next newcomer to be revealed before the release. Who would have thought that the character almost everyone hated, would end up being the character we want the most? :laugh:

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Sorry, I've been trying to keep up with this topic but I'm busy at the moment. But I'm confused. Why are people losing hope about Geno? What's happening?

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Sorry, I've been trying to keep up with this topic but I'm busy at the moment. But I'm confused. Why are people losing hope about Geno? What's happening?
Apparently some "reliable leakers" have come out saying that there will be only 35 characters in Brawl.

23 we have on the dojo, plus Luigi, C. Falcon, Wolf, Falco, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Game and Watch, WW Link, Ness and Ganondorf.

Plus another "leaker" who agrees with the 35 character roster (hell, for all I know they could just be agreeing for the sake of looking more credible) saying the last two characters are Marth and R.O.B.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I think those leakers are forgetting one key character - the Animal Crosser.
The roster they're painting a picture of does not work, without a Animal Crossing character.

Guys, don't believe the prophets, we're what, a little over a week until the roster gets leak?
Might as well see it with our own eyes before we listen to all these lies.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet

I guess some credible people deceided there were only 35 characters, and 41 stages. No word on Geno, but if you add all the credible leaker's information together, it spells out the 35 characters, newcomers we don't know about being WW Link, Wolf, R.O.B., etc.

It's still entirely a rumor, and Geno would still even work within the 35 characters thing. Don't get too worried.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, I just thought of something guys, ROB has ALREADY been shown on the Dojo, why would Sakurai reveal him to us that early in the summer? Prophets proved wrong.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Its these "prophets." Nya and other "prophets" are saying there will be a 35 character roster with no Ridley, Krystal, Geno, or any other 3rd party character. Instead there is R.O.B.
i dont beleive any of this prophet crap. They are saying R.O.B. is in? He was in the very first se video waaaaaaayyyy back. There is no way sakauri would a reveal a character so blatantly without out owning up to it within a week. These prophets just want attention. I'm not gonna beleive anything untill i play the game and see it for myself.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
You know what? I think the leakers have been admitting the 35 Characters are fake this whole time. Think about it: "R.O.B.". People have been confused with whether they're talking about Retro R.O.B. or the Starfox R.O.B. But I think the truth is that it's neither. It's really a code:

R.O.B

R - Ridiculously
O - Obvious
B - Bull****

Yeah. Makes you think, doesn't it? :)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
i dont beleive any of this prophet crap. They are saying R.O.B. is in? He was in the very first se video waaaaaaayyyy back. There is no way sakauri would a reveal a character so blatantly without out owning up to it within a week. These prophets just want attention. I'm not gonna beleive anything untill i play the game and see it for myself.
First time we've agreed on anything; don't be gullible guys, I can guarantee half, if not more prophets are liars.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I have the best idea ever for geno's final smash...

his body glows red then falls lifelessly to the ground like a doll. a white spirit arises from it and the SMRPG text BG appears at the bottom of the screen and goes *heart symbol, * music note !? (you guys know what I mean) the the screen goes dark for a second. when the light comes back all the other characters have red eyes and are hitting themselves and trying to run of the edges. Their respective controllers can mash buttons to make the effect less present, but, once the attack is over, all the other characters glow red and beam of energy from each of them shoots back into geno, and leaves them limp for a second or two.

it's a lot to read, but it's a unique idea.

schnible

Smash Rookie
sorry... it's embarassing but... what mean R.O.B.

and hum why geno will have a mushroom... maybe he will have the seven star for icon or wahever yes he come from a mario game but i don't think that will change anything on his icon...

i make a BEAUTIFUL DREAM YESTERDAY... i dream that i played brawl and there is only 35 caracter and then what... ho......ho.....ho.... there is and arrow tel me to tap right on the joystique and the screan turn and have 35 other caracter dans i can do this 4 time man taht was so great... but that juste a dream meuheuheu

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
First time we've agreed on anything; don't be gullible guys, I can guarantee half, if not more prophets are liars.
What about Nysenaya or whatever his name is? Didn't he say exactly when Sonic will be revealed, revealed Olimars up+b, and knew the game would be delayed?

Coincidence or what?

Top Bottom