• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Master said:
I owned a Super Nintendo. It was my first game system. I knew Mallow but not Geno.

Yes, I owned a supernintendo, played through super mario RPG, but I still odnt think he would be a good character, but hey thats my opinion.

I will say htough, that I dont think geno is as famous world wide as he may be on this board.

What I dont understand though, is people comparing geno to sheik. WTF, geno is a short stubby doll. His reach must be REALLY short byt he way.

Geno's a cool idea, but I dont want him in...Just statin my opinion.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
People compare him to Sheik because he's the fastest character in RPG. I don't particularly agree with it, but that's why people say it.

And just so you know, Geno was tied with the most number of mentioned in the emails posted by Sakurai on the Smash Dojo. Like 5 times, and he also appeared in the poll. And seeing as how RPGs sell incredibly well in Japan (far better than anywhere else), it is no stretch of the imagination that allows one to think that Geno is actually MORE popular in Japan than he is here.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
McFox said:
People compare him to Sheik because he's the fastest character in RPG. I don't particularly agree with it, but that's why people say it.

And just so you know, Geno was tied with the most number of mentioned in the emails posted by Sakurai on the Smash Dojo. Like 5 times.
Not to mention the publication of that 'Pinokio' letter might have been a jesting nod to Geno.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't have much to say because I've already made points, supported Geno and said why he could and coluld not make it in, and asked why everyone likes him. I support Geno and that is about the tenth time I have said that. Hmm... Oh I know. Should (if he is in) be unlockable or should we get him off the bat? And if he is unlockable, how should we unlock him?

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
I guess I didnt explain myself too well. What im saying is that alot of people on these boards are counting him in, like hes a shoe in or somehting, he obviously has a chance, maybe not so high of one. Again, all my opinion. I just feel there are an extremely large number of characters that would probably get in before him. BUt I odnt know either way so well see what sakurai is htinking when brawls released.

EDIT: whats the "pinochio" letter?

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
actually I would say that genos chances are pretty high. He has a large fanbase and it is only growing larger. Not to mention the points Mcfox made earlier. I have almost fallen into it myself.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I would like too see Geno in brawl, tough they should put him some new clothes or something (Like what they did to Pit give him something new) after all I dont wanna play with an almost naked puppet...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Not to mention the publication of that 'Pinokio' letter might have been a jesting nod to Geno.
Wait, I haven't heard of this either. What are you talking about?

Zombie Cola said:
I'd prefer to see Geno as he appeared in Mario RPG, but then again that's just my opinion.
Well, he'd kind of HAVE to appear as he did in Mario RPG, considering he hasn't appeared anwhere else (except for Mario & Luigi, where he looked exactly the same), unless they decide to give him a Pit-esque upgrade.

NukeA6

Smash Master
roy777 said:
I would love to see geno in this game and they probably will update his look, they are doing it for everyone else.
They should unless you want to see some naked doll with a hood and cape.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
What? Geno looks fine, he is possessing a doll, who the hell cares if he's naked.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Well they'll upgrade his looks, but it will look pretty much the same as before. MAYBE they'll give him some kind of under clothing under his cape. Knowing Nintendo, they'll say his look is offending to the average gamer, who in their minds is 8.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't know about the whole under garment thing but they might give him a bigger cape to cover more of his body. I doubt they would change it, it isn't like he has anything to show. Why not cover up Yoshi or Kirby then?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Now that I think about it, why would they being thinking only 8 years old are playing this when they have Zamus in there? She isn't exactly wearing a casual outfit...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
For me he played a minute role in Mario RPG with the difficulty of performing a critical I just went with thecharacters that were easier to use which ended up better anyway and what is with thepersonal attacks McFox as a moderator shouldn't you be a little nicer to the members and Geno is worthless always was and always will be.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Who wants a character that played a small role in 2 games. He is a waste of a character space. I would beat him up everyday at least 10 times a day if somehow he did make it.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
McFox you always seem so quick to attack those who don't agree with you. Anger management McFox anger management and there are better characters out there.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Except that I'm not angry. This topic now has over 700 posts, so I'm betting that more people than just me like him. In fact, pretty much everyone who's played Super Mario RPG except for the two of you like him, and he was recommended numerous times by the Japanese public in the poll (as we've already discussed). Geno has a pretty good chance of making it in.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Zombie, Dweller, what is it with you two and your hate against any and all character who don't play a "main" role in a game? It seems that unless a character is the "main character", screw him/her/it to hell. Do I have to whip out my list of supporting characters who made it into Melee, again? Cuz don't think I won't.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
DokturSea said:
Zombie, Dweller, what is it with you two and your hate against any and all character who don't play a "main" role in a game? It seems that unless a character is the "main character", screw him/her/it to hell. Do I have to whip out my list of supporting characters who made it into Melee, again? Cuz don't think I won't.
They must have sand in their ******s.

100links

Smash Ace
geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno geno GENO! i think geno whould be pwnage in brawl ^ ^ :laugh:

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I never said supporting characters were bad, Its just most of the characters that have been mentioned on this web page stink.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
zombie7775 said:
Who wants a character that played a small role in 2 games. He is a waste of a character space. I would beat him up everyday at least 10 times a day if somehow he did make it.
Have you played the game? If yopu don't know if he is going to be in, then how could you beat him ten times a day? I mean, he could be an excellent charcater. So what, he has only been in a few games, but Nintendo is listening to many of the Nintendo fans. Fans influenced many characters of Melee, and there are sure to be more. I think that we can expect him to arrive in the game, but the "I will beat him up 10 times a day" thing just sounds really immature.

Anyway, I would like to Geno make it into Brawl. Think of it this way:

How many of you actually knew of the Ice Climbers before Melee? I actually had never heard of them before, and they are know my favorite charcaters. But, didn't they star in only a few games. I mean, the were only in a game, and he has too. So, it seems like his chances are increasing.

Also, we could take Ness. I didn't really know about him before Smash 64 came out, and I don' think Nintendo was under any influences then. So, we have a character like him in there, which also may lead to /geno making it the game. I am not sure if this helps much, but maybe it helped get some point across.

So, let's consider Geno in brawl, and let's actually see if they do it. I doubt they will make him suck because he can be a very unique character. all of you who say "Another character to beat up" well, if he joins the Smash Brothers, and then beats you up, i think you may take that back.

-SMB

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I said If he made it in brawl. Anyway why do you waste time writing that much? Just a question.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
He writes so much because some people like to contribute to threads and voice their opinions in civilized manners. Not just pop in, say "no, he sux" in one sentance, and leave.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
A weak character? Didn't have an important role? He had the most powerful move in the game and the point of the game was to find the seven stars who he was personally chosen to find. If anything Mario was helping him not vice versa.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
zombie, on a forum, most people write more than one sentence at a time. This isn't a chat room, and you and Basement Dweller's posting habits of posting single thoughts that no one else really cares about one after the other is really starting to get old.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I was talking about the letter on the Toukouken where a kid was asking for Kinopio [Toad], but mispelled it as Pinokio repeatedly.

I don't think they publicized that letter just to laugh at the little kid. Then again, maybe the kid was actually being smart and asking for two characters at once. The ambiguity is almost as bad as the words of Sakurai himself.

Anyway, if they remodeled Geno I might expect a change in his pectorals [they were kinda saggy looking really], and he'd probably have more decoration on his legs. Like little, conic ankle garments, colored blue with yellow trim, like his cape, and probably a more artsy style to the wood carvings. Maybe a few assymetries for taste, but the point is, I could definitely see it happening. Geno's kind of plain in this 3D image. The design's okay for sprites, but Full 3D, I think, needs...a little something more.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm all for Geno, and I love skillfully done remixes of old character designs. That said, I think Geno should go the way of Pit. A modern, more embellished update while still maintaining enough of his old atmosphere to be recognizable.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
zombie7775 said:
I never said supporting characters were bad, Its just most of the characters that have been mentioned on this web page stink.
true, but this isn't one of them. I drew a taller, more weird Jhonen-Vasquez looking tall Geo for art class. It wasn't very good cause it was in my Freshman year first trimester project, and I'll try to find it and post it here. I'll probably just redraw it.

Point is: I think Geno should have a longer coat to cover up the "nakedness" of his Doll body. In my drawing, he also had a hood, but just drop that.

PS: @ Zodiac- The curls make the man.

Top Bottom