• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, I disagree, seeing as how Nintendo's on good terms with Square again, he appeared in one of the best Mario games of all time (something neither Sonic nor Megaman can claim), he's got a huge fanbase, and Sakurai listed him as part of the poll.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Well, I disagree, seeing as how Nintendo's on good terms with Square again, he appeared in one of the best Mario games of all time (something neither Sonic nor Megaman can claim), he's got a huge fanbase, and Sakurai listed him as part of the poll.
More like one of the greatest games of all time, that game was truely a great one.

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
Uncle Kenny said:
remember correctly, then I think he was immuned to status ailments as well. Man he was cool. Geno ftw. Nuff said.
Nah, he got poisoned/scarecrowed/shroom'd like everyone else.

Geno in the game is a must. By the way, has anyone considered that, if he DOES make it in, what if he's a nerfed bottom-tier character? Not that it matters (much). I'd still love him anyway. Not to mention he's likely going to be a fast character, and if Melee says anything fast characters are for the win.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Bahamut-Prime said:
...I think Megaman probably the next more likely I dont think there's a big chance Geno or Mallow's getting into the next game
Well, yeah, welcome to the majority opinion. But the simple thing about Megaman is he's already been in the successful fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, and if he were to be in the game he's probably end up too similar to samus.

Solid Snake was in a fighting game before, but it wasn't all that successful. In fact I think it was only released in Japan. So putting him in Brawl actually lets him live up to his world-wide fame.

I donno, Geno is fondly remembered among most Square/RPG fans, and is probably interesting enough to excite Sakurai while being practical enough to be in the game.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Uncle Kenny said:
What are we talking about again? Oh yeah Geno. Yeah he is cool. A doll with beams and powers that would make Goku cry along with his bad*** personality. If I remember correctly, then I think he was immuned to status ailments as well. Man he was cool. Geno ftw. Nuff said.
Um, maybe Goku from Dragonball. Once it's Dragonball Z (especially from when he's done at King Kai's and after that), Goku would probably not even fight Geno cuz there'd be no point. But Geno would still make a very good Smash character.

Uncle Meat said:
Uncle Kenny? My, this is a strange experience.
Holy ****! So you are familiar with Tiger Lilly as well? Very good place to be...

Resting_Fox said:
Well, yeah, welcome to the majority opinion. But the simple thing about Megaman is he's already been in the successful fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, and if he were to be in the game he's probably end up too similar to samus.

Solid Snake was in a fighting game before, but it wasn't all that successful. In fact I think it was only released in Japan. So putting him in Brawl actually lets him live up to his world-wide fame.

I donno, Geno is fondly remembered among most Square/RPG fans, and is probably interesting enough to excite Sakurai while being practical enough to be in the game.
Ya, but it was the gay, Megaman RPG megaman with the other gay characters from that game. Can someone tell me why they did that? Why didn't they use the Megaman X characters? X and Zero would've been so much better than Roll, that little Lego man looking bot thing and the ***** in the robot. What smash could do (or should I say Capcom) is make up for that big mistake and put X or Zero in Brawl. That's why I wish Geno would be a first-party character so he could make it in without using any 3rd party slots.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I completly agree with Geno getting in as a 1st party character. His chances of getting in would increase alot more, and to be honest I would hate it if too many 3rd party characters got in. At least Geno feels like he is 1st party because he was in a Mario (Mr. Nintendo) game. Buying the rights to the characters shouldn't cost that much (as if I knew the cost). Then they could have him for not only Brawl but a remake of SMRPG or even better a sequel.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
just b.c. im bored i will make a moveset for him
A- punches with right real fast (1%-2%)
AA- punches with left reall fast (1%-2%)
AAA- fires bullets out of his fingers (each shot 1%) (total 5%)
A>- launches his hand forward (13%-18%) and then comes back hitting ur opponenet again a foe is inbetween u still (4%-6%)(moves fast and doesnt go far)
Adown- crossess his arms andfaces them down and launches his arms and the twirl around him (10%-14%)(possible tooo hit twice in one Adown)
A^- launches his fist up (12%-17%) and comes down to u (5%-7%)
B- charges up and does Geno whirl and launches a disk going toill it goes out of arena or hits something (17%-25%)(takes ganondorf B time to launch)(if hits someone up REALLY REALLY CLOSE like im gonna hug u close it has major knockback)
B>- half his hand opens up like a lid and fires 3 large balls out of his arm (each ball- 4%-6%)
Bdown- its like pikachus downB energy pours down to where he is standing like in Geno Blast (10%-15%)
B^- charges up and unleaches z dozen itsy bitsy stars boost him through the air. (5%-8%)
Nair- arms come off and start hoverking around him (2%-4% each hit)
Bair- kicks back withright leg (2%-3%) and then quickly kicks with left (1%-4%)
Fair- flips up his arm like a lid and fires 1 ball out forward (doesnt go far 5%-7%)
Uair- fires bullets out of his fingers (total 5)(1% each and doesnt go THAT far)
Dair- samus's Dair but not as good knockback (4%-9%)
Dash- runs and then covers himself with stars and they whirl around him slicing into ur opponent. (1% from each star)
Forwardthrow- punches oppoenent and arms pushes him out sending him really far (8%-10%) and arm comes back and hits any oppoenent on the way (2%-4%)
Downthrow- throws opponent down and steps on them and half a dozen stars tiny stars come out and rapidly hit him and then geno jumps and the oppoenent flys off. (7%-11%)
^throw- tossess oponent up and flips half of arm off like a lid and fires 2 balls out hitting ur going toward ur foe (4%-6% each ball)(throw dmg- 2%-4%)

SPEED: 9 out of 10
POWER: 6 out of 10
WEIGHT: 2 out of 10 (hey wood ways something ya know)
JUMP: 8 out of 10
THROW: 7 out of 10
RECOVERY: 5 out of 10

xianfeng

Smash Hero

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Yah, Geno has always had a large fanbase ( me being part of it). Who knows, mabey he'll make a retourn in brawl, because he might be in some new mario game for the rev... woops, I mean wii!!!

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:

The staff isn't from RPG, I just threw it in there because I think it looks cool. :)
Sorry, but I'm not feeling the staff it looks like he's wielding a giant candy cane to me. Don't think it fits, the idea of a staff ain't bad, but does it have to look like that?

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I just skimmed through the topic, as its too much for me to sit here and read through. But, I dont know much about Geno personally, be he looks nice enough. And Geno>Mallow.

Geno gets my support.

dr.d

Smash Apprentice
Geno gets my support, It's been 10 years since SMRPG came out it was my first rpg and my fav one so far nothing has replaced i aprove for Geno to be in Brawl, However i doubt it but i would like to see Johny Jonathan Jones in the game the pirate Shark ^_^

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
So does anyone know exactly who's credited for creating Geno, or is that knowledge never released to the public? I've been searching the net and can't find anything concrete.

I've got in narrowed down to Kiyofumi Kato, Yuko Hatae [Lead Character Designers] and Kazuyuki Kurashima [Character Supervisor.] Then again it's possbile he was created by someone else entirely, someone who was maybe doing extra work, you know.

GenG

Smash Lord
Resting_Fox said:
So does anyone know exactly who's credited for creating Geno, or is that knowledge never released to the public? I've been searching the net and can't find anything concrete.
Well, Squaresoft owns all the rights for all the non-Mario characters and music in Mario RPG as it was stated in the credits. Also, in the Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga credits, you can clearly read something like this: "Copyrights of the character Geno owned by Square-Enix".

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I mean an individual person. Like Sakurai created Meta-knight, or Miyamoto created Donkey Kong. But thanks for telling me what I already knew.

GenG

Smash Lord
Oh. Well, I made a search in Mobygames' section for Mario RPG, and...

Lead Character Design: Kiyofumi Kato, Yuko Hatae

D

Deleted member

Geno AND Jinx would be pretty ****ing pro. Those would be my mains for sure.

Jinx should go all Quicksilver on people and Geno is just plain ill.

Whoever said Culex should be a boss gets plus rep. Wasn't Culex from a FF game?

Edit: Btw, I'm not feelin that Geno pic someone drew...

D

Deleted member

That being said, Monstro Town would be so pro to fight in. Would be perfect, it's practically 2D

Edit: God! Axem Rangers / Blade would also be cool as hell as a character and level, respectively. This thread is bringing back so many good memories.

Anyway that's enough out of me
K one more.

Chaps said:
I hardly ever used Peach at all in SMRPG, even though she's basically a party "cleric." I always thought it was easier to overflow your inventory with Pick Me Ups (such a cheap item, revival to full health). And once you got the Lazy Shell armor (for Mario), you're practically invincible. I just used the offensive heavy hitters Mario, Geno, and Bowser.
... Put the Lazy Shell on Peach, then give Mario the attacking shell. Peach will never die, and Mario will deal intense damage. Bowser and Geno are interchangable, Bowser's spells suck. But his chomps are pretty crazy...but Geno is more badass.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The Axem Rangers were cool. Those guys moved at lightning speed, I thought they were teleporting all over the place. Smithy was a real let down though... I was expecting a much cooler final boss. By the way Culex was never in a FF game, the battle was just designed to feel that way.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
McFox, you've got nothing on this.

It took me a whole 5 minutes to make.
:bigthumbu

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
There's a bunch of stuff he could do. I see him using his gun arms (or whatever you call them) to propel himself upwards either headbutting or doing an upwards 2 footed kick and at the same time anyone caught in the "afterburner" (for lack of a better term) gets hurt, too.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Cool. They were called Hand Guns by the way. I still like his Hand Cannons more (an upgraded version of the Hand Gun). I still have RPG and I've been playing recently.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Aha, ya I haven't played since I beat it like a few weeks after it came out originally and my memory just isn't what it used to be. Thank God I've already graduated. I'll definitely be getting it on my Wii, though, and playing through it again, I loved that game.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I hope they make a remake... Did you know that getting a SMRPG game now in mint condition costs around $100!? And that is without a box just the game itself. The original must be very expensive huh?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yeah, I bought mine recently. The lowest price was $50 and it wasn't even in perfect condition. If you don't believe me take a moment to search for its price on the internet.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Oh I believe you, I'm sure it's not a common game at all. This reminds me of my dad selling his comic book collection (from when he was young, around the time Marvel was getting started, when comics cost 10 cents) which included the first Silver Surfer among others and was a big box full of them for $300. Oh well, back to the topic, Geno should be in.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
My uncle had alot of comic books too but he gave them away and didn't sell them. What a waste. Anyway Geno is pretty cool. I wonder who came up with the idea of having a doll be poccessed by a star and give him the ability to use guns, beams, and explosions? This reminds me, was RPG rated E or T?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
What is it that makes Geno so cool anyway? I mean I like his moves but if that is why everyone likes him than somebody with better moves would be prefered. So why do you guys like Geno so much?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Uncle Kenny said:
If Mallow made it in, would his jumps be like Kirby's and Jiggs's? Also, I can't think of a third jump for Geno.
Mallow's whole deal was that he COULDN'T jump, because he wasn't a frog. He wouldn't have multiple jumps like Jiggs or Kirby.

*EDIT* Removed the staff, cleaned up some lines:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Mallow's whole deal was that he COULDN'T jump, because he wasn't a frog. He wouldn't have multiple jumps like Jiggs or Kirby.

Well true, but when you look at Bowser, your impression is he can't jump. Mallow could get a good jump for Brawl.

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
Oh right all coming back to me now the frogs took him in
Course the idea that he shouldnt be able to jump is valid most likely he'd be a light character so i guess theyd have to forget that part of his past to put him in the game That's in the event that he somehow manages to squeeze himself onto the roster of characters in the first place

Top Bottom