• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official GA Vocab thread(Updated: Gerbil. Falcon Xif)

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Thread needs Falcon Xif:

When you Falcon Punch someone in a match, friendly or tournament or money match or MLG Finals, you must pause the game, announce to everyone that you are the greatest smash bros player that ever lived (you may paraphrase), and then continue the match. Xif is allowed to do this because GAWes falcon punched him in tournament with about 700 people watching and has not yet emotionally recovered.
XIF just falco punch someone and he took you advice and said ULTIMATE COMBO YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol, I said I read him like a book. That has nothing to do with him being black.

All of you need to learn to read though. :lick:
it's what you implied, cracka. prepare to get dream canceled.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't. I think the Atlantic South forums are becoming ********. The GA Vocab thread is one thing: its funny, it doesn't break any rules, and it allows for the silly conversation to actually be on-topic. The "ban me, ban me!" threads and the threads about a single person like CashMooney are another thing, as they are blatantly against the rules and completely pointless. We can have fun and be a tight-knit community without having to be stupid, break rules, or egg on the super mods.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Yes, I agree that Chaddd and everyone who posted in the plz ban me thread deserved exactly what they got. But I also believe that certain mods are going over the top here. I think people were right to call them out and question them. Thats what it takes to have good moderators, they need to have peoples respect. And going around closing threads and throwing down sarcastic comments at every turn is not how to get it.

Yes, personal threads should be kept through pm, but also, sometimes people have to expect they will be flamed to all hell when they keep calling over mods that are not even responsible for our forums to close threads that they do not like. Also, sometimes a personal statement has to be said to the whole community. Sometimes a pm will just go completely ignored. It doesnt help when the person you are pming doesnt care to read what you have to say.

Alot of completely harmless threads have been closed recently. None by Atlantic South mods by the way. Why close XIF's thank you thread? I think that instead of take criticism like they should be, some mods are waving their ban stick a bit too much and overusing their power. Being a mod doesnt mean you can do whatever the hell you want.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Yes, I agree that Chaddd and everyone who posted in the plz ban me thread deserved exactly what they got. But I also believe that certain mods are going over the top here. I think people were right to call them out and question them. Thats what it takes to have good moderators, they need to have peoples respect. And going around closing threads and throwing down sarcastic comments at every turn is not how to get it.

Yes, personal threads should be kept through pm, but also, sometimes people have to expect they will be flamed to all hell when they keep calling over mods that are not even responsible for our forums to close threads that they do not like. Also, sometimes a personal statement has to be said to the whole community. Sometimes a pm will just go completely ignored. It doesnt help when the person you are pming doesnt care to read what you have to say.

Alot of completely harmless threads have been closed recently. None by Atlantic South mods by the way. Why close XIF's thank you thread? I think that instead of take criticism like they should be, some mods are waving their ban stick a bit too much and overusing their power. Being a mod doesnt mean you can do whatever the hell you want.
Agreed. QDVS even posted in one of those threads that got closed, so if by his definition the thread is "OK" then that should be good enough for the super mods. I understand your viewpoint (Tom) about certain threads being pointless and dumb. However, I feel that some of those threads did not earn the Close Button. Sure, a Regional Zone is supposed to be a place for tournaments and tournaments only, but where else do they expect our community to talk and hang out? Spam threads are a no go, but some things (like XIF's Epic Post Thread) are just nice to go into and chill and talk. Ban Buttons and Close Buttons should be used with reason. (And yes I agree it was used with reason when the guys insisted on making Bash Cash threads (ha... Bash Cash... I'm so clever))

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
The one thing that annoys me the most is when a mod closes a thread leaving *no* post and *no* reason. Its just an ******* thing to do. If you are going to end a thread, you should have the courtesy to leave your name at the least so that if someone wants to talk to you about it, they can. Dont go around closing **** and then hiding.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Once again, I disagree.

GA should just get an IRC. Keep smashboards away from the drama~

Handorin

Smash Hero
I did. His story is very good. I almost entered that one, but I didnt have time.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
We should all post about it in the forum dispoute section.
I'd be willing to follow up in this. It gives the Atlantic South a good opportunity to tie in with the Smash community even more, especially if we affected something.

I mean the whole situation is kind of dumb, but some dumb things deserve being solved.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
It's closed because Zane created it simply as a guide to anyone coming into the Atlantic South. It looks cleaner when it is only his first post with all of the information anyone needed to know. Granted, a couple of people got posts in there before he stickied it, but he said those ones didn't bother him so he'll leave them there. :)

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
Even though i don't live in GA anymore I am appalled that my term is not on the GA Vocab thread.

Pulling a Sunchaser
a. The act of making an unbelievable comeback

SleepyK

that term was never applicable in GA.

in GA, it was known as

"Pulling a Rocky"

SleepyK

You sir, are just misinformed ;)
nah, I'm fairly positive Rocky > everyone, so therefore his name takes precedence over anyone else's.

You could replace every name in the vocabulary list with Rocky. Except Handorin, that racist ****.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
nah, I'm fairly positive Rocky > everyone, so therefore his name takes precedence over anyone else's.

You could replace every name in the vocabulary list with Rocky. Except Handorin, that racist ****.
im pretty sure from what i heard that it is called pulling a sunchaser. just from what ive heard from other GA smashers from his time in GA.

Pulling a Sunchaser is like digging yourself out of a grave you put yourself in...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
OK I FINALLY FOUND MY POST! I AM BRAGGING RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY CALLED SAMUS' SUIT CHANGE!!!!!! (It took me forever to find this old post of mine, originally posted back in May) Yes I am proud of myself, yes I want cookies, and yes I totally just posted this for no reason because none of you guys will probably care lol.

Now what I think would be cool.... is instead of suit color chages like SSBM, do the entire suit change itself. There were 3 suits in Super Metroid, With an additional 1 in Fusion, 1 more from Prime 1, and 2 more from Prime 2. The suit color thing should be swapped for an entire suit. Maybe not their abilities, but their exact likeness would be cool.

Power Suit
Varia Suit
Gravity Suit
Fusion Suit
Phazon Suit
Dark Suit
Light Suit

Some would argue that they are entire suit changes but not really, you notice only a portion of her body changes color, and her core area (chest/stomach) remains the same. The suits are different in those aspects, as well as the shoulder sizes and whatnots.

Anyways....
GO ME!

Top Bottom