• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Fox discussion thread -> We support Fox's new design! (Or just me)

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Fox P. McCloud I agree with pretty much everything you said. Except the green eyes doesnt bother me that much. I like green eyes and to tell you the truth I didnt know what his eye color was until you pointed it out. I dont think the pic on the first page of this thread does him any justice either. The outfit seems to flow well when in motion.

What I like most about the new Fox is his fighting style. He's got that Muhamad Ali bounce going and a pretty sweet boxing stance. As cool as a boxing stance is I hope the focus is still on the feet. Fox was always great with his feet and if something aint broke then why fix it? The stance itself shows him as a fast techical fighter.

I can already tell that they probubly havent changed his fighting style much at all. He still has the same shine, d-smash, dash attack and taunt. It seems they realize that they got it right with Melee. Fox for top tier in Brawl!

Dokuro

Smash Ace
sfc Fox is the most horrible thing ever :( i'd much rather have the sfa look. good thing i'll never play Fox ever ! !

[his gun looks nice though]

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Hey can someone whip up a comparison pic between Melee and Brawl Foxes. I still like Melee Fox a bit more, he seems to look more mature and experienced with his more serious face. Brawl Fox, I really like his stance. I would have preferred the SSBM face, but it still won't change the fact that the first character I will use is Fox. My first character I used in SSBM also happens to be Fox.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
His **** forhead is so large! and the nazi-boots arent cutting it either.

other than that he looks great...

I WANT MY OLD FOX BACK *SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF*

EDIT == Ok, as I looked a bit more.... and watched the trailer a bit more, I kinda like his new look. He looks like he's more of a combat-ready commando type of guy now. Instead of just a pilot.

I mean he has the rambo gloves and a gun always out like the terminator.

ok kinda cool kinda cool i can go along with it.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
i think hes ugly as hell. I havent liked any forms of fox after melee. i think melee has the best looking fox overall. The face totally sucks.
same with falco. melee has the best. all the recent ones have horribly squished faces and make him look like a baby. although post #71 isnt bad...

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think he'd wear himself out with all that bouncing.

Oh well, he's a fox-human hybrid, have you ever seen how much energy a real fox has?

Yeah, I know he has the same dash, but how do you know about the d-smash and taunt?

also, I have a hunch, and gut feeling that Fox has been toned-down a bit since SSB:M....I could be wrong, but it's a hunch.

edit: I like green eyes, but just not on Fox.

Afterall, in Star Fox, Star Fox 2, Super Smash Brothers, and Super Smash Brothers Melee, and the SF comics...Fox's eyes were blue, then they suddenly, and mysteriously changed to green in SF64 (though they were generally considered black), and it was fully confirmed in Star Fox Adventures.

Nintendo's whacked out on Fox, that's for sure; his appearance changes like crazy each and every game.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Nintendo's whacked out on Fox, that's for sure; his appearance changes like crazy each and every game.
His game is made by different divs each and every game so Nintendo isn't at falt. . . Sakurai was just keepn up with the newest modle of Fox (Well, thats what it seems like).

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
actually, Nintendo is at fault. Unlike any other official Nintendo franchise, Star Fox has been made by a different company EACH time a new game has come out. Nintendo could directly take control of the series, but, they don't.

Of course, everyone knows, by now, that the Star Fox series is the biggest continuing experiment Nintendo has ever participated in.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Sorry to disagree but Fox's Face looks totally gay.

SSBM's Fox is the best looking and straightest Fox yet.

I like the Gear but his face's gross.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
That's probably because his head is based upon the Star Fox Command model, which is arguably the worst Fox McCloud model yet (except for the original art render of Fox for SSB...ugh! Horrible!).

Either way, I thought it looked pretty bad too. Just keep watching the trailer, his look might grow on you eventually.

Still though, I do wish his head was slightly different.

Overall though, I still think his model is awesome.

Blue eyes FTW!

Reese

Smash Journeyman
SSB fox is the worst looking fox. You think he has a big head in the brawl pic, in ssb i honestly cant believe he was able stand up with such a huge head.

For some strange reason ill say this here. The first time i played fox (in ssb) and i used the deflector and paused, i honestly believed fox was holding his nose to activate the deflector.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Someone a while back asked for this so here.

I had a MUCH better one of Fox in Brawl, but ****ing windows media player has a little "copy write" filter that I'm not sure how to get passed, if I can I'll update.

spiffo

Smash Cadet
he doesn't look too bad in the picture here. but his face is ugly in the video....

maybe its just the angle

GenG

Smash Lord
At first, I thought the new Fox was a bit ugly, but after a while I started to like the new look. Melee's style looks totally plain and too "doggy" for my tastes. This one adds uniqueness to the character, plus I love his new stance and clothes. And I heard that Takaya Imamura (current Starfox producer) wants this style to be kept from now (of course, with some changes here and there, Command's art was a bit lazy in the proportions).

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
At first, I thought the new Fox was a bit ugly, but after a while I started to like the new look. Melee's style looks totally plain and too "doggy" for my tastes. This one adds uniqueness to the character, plus I love his new stance and clothes.
I'm beginning to feel the same way.
The old Fox looked more realistic, yes, but it was indeed plain and almost life less. The new one is unfortunately less reaslistic and more cartoonly, but the new Fox has more character into him. I think people well begin to "bare" and accept the new Fox as time goes on and they start playing him.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they need to make the new fox's ears bigger, or lower them, they're way to high up, any one else notice that his ears look smaller

and yes, blue eyes are better than green eyes

other than that, it's not a big change, i like it

A-Laon

Smash Master
I personally am 100% behind the new fox. As a matter of fact, for a moment when I was questioning even buying a Wii, because of Fox's model alone I am now determined to get the Wii, then Brawl, and main in Fox.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
lifeless???

Melee's Fox had a great attitude and personality.
Serious, tough, small but kicks azz.

This new dude is a goofy ugly version of Fox.
Fox looked a little gay too, but I prefer him before the one that appeared on Brawl.

SSBM's Fox, the best looking Fox yet IMO and maybe the one on Assault.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that was the SSB fox, then he became serious but more active, now he doesn't care and just wants to kick @$$

pirkid

Smash Lord
Is there a new trailer?
If there is, can someone point in the general direction?
And Fox is the smexy, I want this game so badly.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Little information has been released about Fox as of yet, but it is known that he will use his Blaster as in the previous Smash Bros Games. It should be noted, however, that he now holds his blaster out all of the time, rather than drawing it to attack and then putting it away afterward. Whether this will affect his moveset at all is unknown. Fox's look has been heavily redone for Brawl, as he now appears in a combination of his many looks over the past generation (Adventures, Assault, and Command).

He does look cool.
I was so surprised when I saw Fox near the end of the trailer.
I really wasn't expecting him to look like that.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Fox has been training with Bruce Lee... that's straight Jeet Kun Do right there..

(and before anyone jumps on me, yes I know Jeet Kun Do isn't a style; it's a philosophy. And I've read it. But I just refer to that particular stance as such cause of the Bruce. If you wanna let me know the name of the stance, feel free.)

I generally like the SSBM Fox, but this Fox I can deal with... I didn't like Assault/Adventures where they tried to make him carnal..

pirkid

Smash Lord
Big boots are the smexy.
They might throw him off, but we can't tell them to change it now.
His blaster was always like that, it's just that now he is always holding it out, instead of putting it away after shooting.
That will probably make his shooting faster...
NOOOO!

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
Fox's look, looks pretty nice and I like the idea of Combining various other Fox's looks onto one.
Command Fox's Head
Assault Fox's Boots
Adventure Fox's Jacket.

Ready2Die

Smash Rookie
yeahh i agree with the fact that fox's boots dont look right. theyre took big and bulky. technically the bigger and bulkier they are would take away from the fact that fox is one of the most if not THE most agile character(s) in the game. Those big boots wouldnt look right with all the footwork he performs. maybe theyd fit Ganondorf..if he's still in the game : P

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Fox's look, looks pretty nice and I like the idea of Combining various other Fox's looks onto one.
Command Fox's Head
Assault Fox's Boots
Adventure Fox's Jacket.
Yes you are right, them comboing everything together was a smart move. I like this idea better then them just taking the Star Fox Assult one and throwing him in Brawl. It shows that they put time and thought into this game which means very good things to come!

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I might also add that none of the Smash Brothers should be taken seriously when it comes to character looks, moves, action, etc, in relation to the canonical story. Why? All the characters in SB are, are toys that belong to some kid (presumably this kid is who Master Hand is). Therefore, don't get too huffy.

Still though, I think Fox looks awesome: Fox has his classic look with WWII German boots, and he doesn't have his gloves (which I always thought took away from his look).

I like his stance, but I wish he wouldn't bounce quite so much; still, overall though, it fits.

Top Bottom