• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Fox discussion thread -> We support Fox's new design! (Or just me)

DeadVirus

Smash Rookie
I dunno. Compared to the previous Fox model, everything does look better except his face. His facial structure just looks weird. Although the costume is an update, I prefer Fox's old facial structure.

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Yeah his eyes will take some getting used to.
Dang, this video was such an awesome surprise.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The only bad thing about this is that Falco will now look ****ed up. Assuming he's in of course

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Yeah, I still think Fox's new shoes look a bit cumbersome.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts may never be in SSBB, but his shoes made it in. ;)
Hah, Fox's boots are big, but I've always been a fan of big boots. o_O;

I really like the way Fox looks, actually. They could've done a little better with designing his head/face (cheek fur plx? Or fur at all, for that matter), but the outfit, as simplistic as it is, looks really intricate. Hell, his boots have buckes on the sides.
The overall appearance of Fox looks awesome, IMO.
I'd decide to play/main him in Brawl just because of the way he looks. <<;

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
You prefer Fox looking all thin and gaunt and underfed like in Melee? I thoguht he still looks cool, but his neck is so thin...I'm glad they made him fuller in the head with more fur and rounder face. It works, doesn't look good for a person of god speed, but that will probably be fixed.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
I don't like the new look much :( the sf64 costume is better methinks

edit:

Fox for Top Tier in Brawl! :chuckle:

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Could you perhaps show me the source of that pick? Fox does look really awesome in that pick and stuff other than the fact his boots are clown-sized but how do we know this pic has not been doctored on Photoshop or something?

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
? Fox does look really awesome in that pick and stuff other than the fact his boots are clown-sized but how do we know this pic has not been doctored on Photoshop or something?
There's numerous websites with scans from magazines with info on next-gen games/consoles.
It would be awfully hard to photoshop a picture of a BENT page of a magazine of a character who's model has been JUST released.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I did heard rumors of a new trailer on Brawl. Maybe Fox will be in that trailer and we can finally see Pikachu's Super Smash.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
Wow, neat! Now I really want to play Snake. *frowns* I was hoping he'd get a Stinger over an RPG but I guess that is fine.

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone else stated this, but does any feel like Fox resembles too much of P.U.S.S. N' BOOTS !??!?! From the movie SHREK 2??? That kitten thing with boots and big eyes.

Way to make him look a teddy bear, Nintendo...

Chewbacca35

Smash Cadet
I think that, since all of the characters look more realistic, the Assault version would be more appropriate, but I like it. I don't like his fighter stance, though. Too spazzy.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Fox looks really sweet now. His gun, boots and attire is awsome. I can tell he is going to be a really sweet character. I can't wait to see him in battle!

Reese

Smash Journeyman
I liked him better in melee. He looked so fierce and angry. Now he looks ... weird. Hey i wonder his aerial kicking moves will be stronger because of his huge boots ... will he even be able to kick with those boots on ? They look so heavy !

Reese

Smash Journeyman
sry about the double post. But i just had a thought. Will fox's huge boots make him fall even faster ?

T-major

Smash Champion
personaly, I think he looks horrible. the overall outfit is good (except the boots) but the lack of fur, makes him look like he's made of plastic. but the fact that he's jumping with his gun out, might be a hin't that he will play differant. he might carry the blaster around all the time (like Links sword) so he can fire it faster. and from the look of the video, he seems to have some sort of mine attached to his belt.... you think that would serve a purpose? or just for looks? hmmmmm..... but for the most part, it was pretty obvious that he would get in (to me at least)

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
I wish they used the "Adventures" look for him. The "Assault" version looked too evil for a good guy, and the "Command" version looks graphically inferior because it came from a handheld,IMO.

Rare really nailed it with Fox's look so I wish Sakurai kept their version. For the love of God, why the hell did he use the Fox from the DS! Even the Nintendogs got a graphical boost in Brawl!

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
but the fact that he's jumping with his gun out, might be a hin't that he will play differant.
Zero Suit Samus also has her gun constantly out however only physical moves where shown in the trailer
and from the look of the video, he seems to have some sort of mine attached to his belt.... you think that would serve a purpose? or just for looks?
I was wondering the same thing :cool:

T-major

Smash Champion
Zero Suit Samus also has her gun constantly out however only physical moves where shown in the trailer

I was wondering the same thing :cool:
piont noted. forgot about that. they still might change Fox's moves a bit regardless, or it could be like Zero-suit Samus, and simply for looks. but on the topic of Zamus, we saw her changing the guns shape in the video. you think that would mean you could change the gun to have differen't effects? like one for a regular gun shot, one for the beam whip, and two more for others (maybe a beam sword, or something?) I can't think of any other purpose it could serve.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
sry about the double post. But i just had a thought. Will fox's huge boots make him fall even faster ?
If Fox' new **** in Boots footwear really does effect him to kick harder and fallfaster then wouldn't he also be slightly slow down, too, wich is a no good?

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Not a big fan of the boots but everything else about him looks badass.

Rubbish

Smash Journeyman
piont noted. forgot about that. they still might change Fox's moves a bit regardless, or it could be like Zero-suit Samus, and simply for looks. but on the topic of Zamus, we saw her changing the guns shape in the video. you think that would mean you could change the gun to have differen't effects? like one for a regular gun shot, one for the beam whip, and two more for others (maybe a beam sword, or something?) I can't think of any other purpose it could serve.
Perhaps Tilt-Bs have been added and Fox uses the mine as the ultimat edgeguarding technique,but if not,we may become unlucky and get shine dropped for the mine.Just thoughts though.

kaid

Smash Master
What is people's problem with Fox's appearence? the pic in the first post looks airbrushed, but in the TRAILER, Fox looks like THIS:

DRD

Smash Lord
He looked alot more realistic in Melee, with the fur and more saturated colour on it as well. But the new costume is pretty cool, it looks more hightech, which is what a Fox should look like, for sure.

Man, that trailer on Gt looked so awesome.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I personally dont like his look, the ds look, he look cool with the gun always in his hands and the new stuff, but couldnt they add that to his assault look?!

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
His gun looks like it's made out of PVC piping. Hopefully those boots and that forehead will be too big for the shine to fit around.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I honestly am glad Fox is returning but his knew look is aweful. That terrible look from Star Fox Command. It looks like he's deformed or a St. Bernard with Parkingsons Disease. He's definately going to need a Reflector upgrade from his crew to fit it around him.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw this picture I was a bit shocked. As a matter of fact, I thought "GAH! MY eyes! IT looks awful".

However, after watching the trailer quite a bit, I'd have to say that I think this model is near perfect; the boots really aren't that bad (my biggest original complaint)...And if you look close enough, he does have fur detail. His head could use a little work, but it's not that bad, at all. The only thing I detest about this new model is that he now has bright green eyes. Seriously, what's up with that? Fox is supposed to have BLUE eyes! (for the Smath Brothers series, anyway).

I'm hoping that Fox's fighting style will have changed drastically; perhaps instead of focusing so much on kicking, he'll focus more on other moves...I kind of doubt this, but it's what I'm hoping for.

The octagonal thing on Fox's belt? Maybe it's a proximity mine? Heheh, that'd be kind of cool if he started each match with one. Cheap, but cool.

Oh, and for those who don't know it yet, he's wearing German officers boots. :p

Top Bottom