• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official FAU Community Thread (FAU Smashfests Fridays 7-11pm)

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Well, we tried.

Anyway...

I'm kind of tired of you guys saying you'll be there Friday night....and then you never show up. lol. Or it's me, David, and/or Xave, and we make a bunch of phone calls, and then THREE HOURS LATER, ya'll finally show up.

Henceforth:

Meetings shall be Thursday night, when you actually seem to be there.

Do what you will. I'll give the GameBridge back to David so you guys can record more matches.

If you want to meet on a Friday, go ahead and let me know.

Otherwise, I'll be enjoying my time elsewhere, instead of waiting around for someone to show up.

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Well, I'll hold a Brawl tournament at FAU if you want me to, but I'd prefer not to. It's just boring to watch.

And to play.

Metaknight B-stick ftw.

They should have stopped at Melee. Brawl doesn't have the same magic. In fact, it has none of the magic that made Melee so good. It tried using a different magic, and it lit itself on fire instead.

WHY DOES GANON RUN LIKE A F**?!?!?!?

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Well, you could have Brawl and Melee tourneys on the same day. I'm sure they'll be many Brawl attendees if you get the word out. Plus, most of the tourneys are in Ft.Lauderdale and Miami...it could be a b**** to drive down there... you guys could teach me Melee as well :p

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Melee Revival Attempt No. 1 (sigh, Brawl will be there, too)

Fine, I'll host one. But I need to get in paperwork so I can reserve some awesome space for us, and I'd liketo have some idea of how many t.v's will be brought, how many cubes/wii's will be brought, etc. etc. I'd like to have at LEAST 6 wii's AND 6 cubes (12 consoles total) so we can get this to go as quickly as possible.

EDIT: No Brawl. Sorry.

Just as a start:

Cubes/Wii's:
1) Opus_IX (cube)
2) Opus_IX (cube)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

T.V's:
1) FAU (Boca Raton) Student Union lobby t.v.
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Rules: C'mon. Really?!? Does this need to get posted EVERY TIME? If you don't basically know the rules, then...perhaps you shouldn't come. This would only disappoint you.

Fees: 10$ per tourney you participate in (so 40$ total for participation in Melee singles, Melee doubles, Brawl singles, AND Brawl doubles).

Rewards for Melee: 60/30/10/pat on back
Rewards for Brawl: None. All proceeds go to Opus_IX for putting up with Brawl at all. lol :) I kid. Same as Melee.

Double Elimination? Sure.

Am I missing anything?

This'll probably take a whole weekend. I'll see what I can grab for EARLY APRIL (first or second weekend)

But until I announce an official date, please do not plan anything. I will let you know A.S.A.P

Directions: Take I-95 north or south to Glades Rd exit (Between Yamato and Palmetto exits)
Head east until you see the big FAU entrance on your left. It'll be the first light AFTER AIRPORT ROAD. When you turn in, follow the road and the first building to show up along that road on the right is the STUDENT UNION!!! YAY! Oh, btw, make sure you bring someone who is either an FAU student or has quarters for meters.

I think the Arena (the gym just down the road) doesn't have sticker requirements. Let me double check that, though.

I know. sucks.

DISCLAIMER: I alone reserve the right to change the pots at ANY TIME! If you trash the place I will TAKE THE MONEY to pay for it. Please, we're all in this together, let's not ruin the fun.

See you there!

** now in the main Atlantic South forum!**

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm going to be back in Florida from the 16th to the 28th of this month. I want to play hella smash while I'm down.

Synikal? Charlie? Dwayne?

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Eclipsing Binary...how do I know you? ....

Sorry. Can't think of anyone whom I've played who went OOS at the moment.

Studying for a test tomorrow.. T_T

I'll be at FAU, and Friday nights I'm free. Dwayne and Synikal used to come around Thursdays, but since, like, the end of Feb. the smashers have kinda given up. Mainly because the glue, which was me, wasn't there to hold them together.

I know. Very sad.

But I'm willing to play some Smash any day.

Wait a second... Anthony?

I dunno.

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Yihua!! lol 20/20 hindsight. Uh, well, technically it's Thursday nights because nobody was coming Friday nights. But since SF4 came out, nobody plays anything else anymore anyway, so nobody was showing for anything on any day. But if you come by FAU later (around 6 p.m-ish) i should be around.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Basically, the day SF4 released everyone either stopped playing Melee, or stopped holding down the TV and let the Brawl scrubs capitalize.

It's a **** shame really, I don't even think SF4 is that good. Not good enough to steal thunder from Melee at least.

-Kye

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
u guys should seriously come to zp.

its 3 bucks to enter, but they have like 5 or 6 tvs.

just bring cubes.

also, that wasn't counting all the sf4 tvs they had.

theres no more computers, so theres plenty of space.

we had like 10 people last week.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Maybe I'll stop by this week. Thinking about just giving up on the game though, cause' it really seems like SF4 just sucked what little life was left out of the scene, which makes little sense to me.

-Kimo

Life After Death

Smash Champion
melee seems to be alive and well from waht im seeing these pass days. where have u been. been seeing more melee than i seen in a while

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Well, not in the Palm Beach area, then. Stopped by the Nexus Wed expecting to see at least peeps playing Brawl, and it was a desert. I'll be keeping an eye on Guini's thread, I guess.

-Kimo

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
me and sam were pretty consistent for a bit.

but now im in hollywood so i have cam and zp.

im thinking zp is where its gonna be at from now izon

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Synikal, get some people and we can play brawl at the nexus. Just say when you want to.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
ya i kinda moved on from the game...... to be honest. SF4 isn't even that good. it was good for like a week or 2. i don't even touch it no more. Just kinda prioritized my life with school/work soon to be degree work rather then just video games. Even at school when i see them play melee on Tuesday and Thursday it isn't the same how it use to be. i saw you at the gym like last Tuesday kye, kinda waved at you, but seems like you were focused.

Marth1337

Smash Rookie
Are friendlies still happening at FAU? and on what days/time?

Krazyivan, are u the guy that was with Elliot and I at zp talking about the WoW crap? lol.

KrazyIvan3003

Smash Rookie
Are friendlies still happening at FAU? and on what days/time?

Krazyivan, are u the guy that was with Elliot and I at zp talking about the WoW crap? lol.
uh maybe? i played WoW ya idk if i was talking about it tho. Possible. i played link at zp. Ya the only guy i think to play Link. xD

Tuesday and Thursday sometimes they bring a cube. But usually i dont play due to other stuff. did play last Thursday teams with my bro. I havent lost anything playwise. I lol'd.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Yeah, we do. I don't think a lot of the Smash peeps are taking classes this summer. PM me your phone number if you wanna get some games in, Smilez and I usually Smash in Delray.

-Kye

Life After Death

Smash Champion
play afro he got really good lol. he was ****** me and elliot for a few matches. took a few amtches to adjust lol. u should reallyp lay him kye if u want a trainign partner that keeps up with u. he got mad technical

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
the friggin hell? when did this get moved to the gentlemens club? PM for my number or ask smilez. I need a partner for Genesis or some roadies if anyone wants to come. I've been underground (ask anyone) =/ unfortunately and...

No one told me smilez smashes in teh summer. What a wuss. Call him out for me cuz my texts never get through to him.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
the friggin hell? when did this get moved to the gentlemens club? PM for my number or ask smilez. I need a partner for Genesis or some roadies if anyone wants to come. I've been underground (ask anyone) =/ unfortunately and...

No one told me smilez smashes in teh summer. What a wuss. Call him out for me cuz my texts never get through to him.
WTF? I called you and txted you. Me and Xavier still get together and play at least twice a week. I'm down to play w/ anyone else who is interested. PM me or hit me up on the cell.

-Smilez

Top Bottom