• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Falco Loyalty Thread: Home of the Cobalt Avians

paralasalud

Smash Ace
soooo i may have outdone myself.
but such is my nature.
i should've been paid for this lol.

but here's another baner.
colors went a little wonky from CMYK to RGB.

enjoy.
edit: that's his name in japanese on the left hand side.

Winnar

Smash Lord
So I went back and changed some stuff (and stumbled upon a neat little thing called effects XD)

Actually, I like parasalud's better. XD I'm glad you guys didn't get stuck with my first project after all. I'll keep working on mine though until I'm happy or bored with it, though.

Edit - Okay, that was the last try tonight >< Too sleepy, probably making it worse.

Edit 2 - Okay, I lied. I got tired of grainy Falco so I took an X-ray of him. Or something.

Here's to hoping I won't slap myself tomorrow for doing that to Falco!

paralasalud

Smash Ace
oh yeah, i guess i can edit mine too once we decide on a name... though i quite like cobalt avians... even if it isn't consistent with the other spacies' group names.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah, i guess i can edit mine too once we decide on a name... though i quite like cobalt avians... even if it isn't consistent with the other spacies' group names.
Perhaps. although all three of us are in the same clan, basically. If we have one indifferent name, it'll standout. which isnt very professional. But still. Cobalt Avians is still a cool name.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Consistency isn't the most important thing in the world. I know I pushed for it, but that was mostly because I felt it wouldn't be considered at all.

The main problem I have with Cobalt Avians is that for being so short, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Plus it doesn't really mean anything, it's just Blue Birds sort of. I don't dislike it, I just think the other names should be considered.

Eh, might as well give my impressions on the ones so far, since no one else seems to.

Cobalt Avians - The first, though I don't think it's the best. Gundo's other names sound cooler IMO.
Falco Faction - It's most consistent with the other teams. Probably doesn't sound the coolest though. Also I think the Fox clan named themselves Fox Force thinking that we would be the Falco Faction.
Aerial Aces - Assonance is nice, lots of flying references in here.
Aero Squadron - I like it and I don't. I mostly do though.
Bardi Fleet - My only problem with this is that Fleet is naval, when Falco's more air force. I like the word Bardi though.
Ethereal Aviators - Sounds cool, though it's kind of long.

Whee.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Consistency isn't the most important thing in the world. I know I pushed for it, but that was mostly because I felt it wouldn't be considered at all.

The main problem I have with Cobalt Avians is that for being so short, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Plus it doesn't really mean anything, it's just Blue Birds sort of. I don't dislike it, I just think the other names should be considered.

Eh, might as well give my impressions on the ones so far, since no one else seems to.

Cobalt Avians - The first, though I don't think it's the best. Gundo's other names sound cooler IMO.
Falco Faction - It's most consistent with the other teams. Probably doesn't sound the coolest though. Also I think the Fox clan named themselves Fox Force thinking that we would be the Falco Faction.
Aerial Aces - Assonance is nice, lots of flying references in here.
Aero Squadron - I like it and I don't. I mostly do though.
Bardi Fleet - My only problem with this is that Fleet is naval, when Falco's more air force. I like the word Bardi though.
Ethereal Aviators - Sounds cool, though it's kind of long.

Whee.
Falco Faction doesn't sound that original. Aerial Aces and Cobalt Avians are the best two in my opinion XD

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Those who have asked for membership should PM me in the future, rather than post it here directly. Not really a problem, just a policy maintained strictly for convenience. I'll go ahead and add those who have already asked here, but please PM me in the future.

And Mr Marill, the first post says there is a minimum post count of 20 required to join. Apologies, but you'll have to come back when you've accumulated this minimum and we'll gladly take you.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Just so you know that Amira put Blackmoon as a member... unless SWF and BC are separate...

Just thought i would let you know...:)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Falco Faction doesn't sound that original. Aerial Aces and Cobalt Avians are the best two in my opinion XD
Aerial Ace isnt Original Either....Just thought I'd LEt you know

(WHO KNOWS WHERE ITS FROM???)

UltimatX

Smash Cadet
Hi. I know I already joined (I see my name) I'd just like to say that my comp has been having problems lately loading this site for some reason. So if there are important announcements or anything just pm me because I probably might not see it here. Thanks:chuckle:

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
The Blue Wings?

The Winged Man's Wingmen?

The Bogie Scratchers?

The G-Diffusers?

Ok, I was kind of joking on some of those, but still, there you go.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Aerial Ace isnt Original Either....Just thought I'd LEt you know

(WHO KNOWS WHERE ITS FROM???)
A quick trip to Google tells me that Aerial Aces was a Gameboy Color game, among about 155,000 other things.

I'm scratching my head on some of those names >.> I like the play on words you did with The Winged Man's Wingmen, but I think it's kind of long. Still, suggestion's a suggestion; added them all to the list.

Cobalt Avians
Falco Faction
Aerial Aces
Aero Squadron
Bardi Fleet
Ethereal Aviators
Blue Wings

Winged Man's Wingmen (hard to say three times twice, I might add)
Bogie Scratchers
G-Diffusers

raul

Smash Lord
Wii Numbers

Hey Falco Thread Members!!!!

I'm collecting wii numbers from all 3 clans and posting them on the first post of the SWS. That way we have an accurate list of everyone for online matches.

If you want/can, PM me your wii number, with the subject being wii number. Include SWF name, wii number and what clan you belong to.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey Raul, I heard that the Wii number doesn't do squat for you. What you really need is the Friend Code, here's what TheBuzzSaw from wifiwars.com said about it.
REMEMBER: Wii Numbers are worthless in online play!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not be confused by the various incorrectly paired terms: "Wii Code", "Friend Number", etc. There are two correct terms only: Wii Number and Friend Code. When you want to play a game online with a friend, you want his or her Friend Code, which can be found within the game itself. Every individual game gives players a unique Friend Code, so your Friend Code will be different for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars II, etc.

The Wii Number is the 16 digit serial number friends used to connect Wiis and send messages. They are completely unnecessary for playing any Nintendo WFC enabled games, so please refrain from creating any "Wii Number" registries or whatnot. I point this out because I have lost count of the number of places (mostly Facebook) that say, "Hey! Brawl will be out in a couple months! Let's all swap Wii Numbers so we can play each other when it comes out!" Those people will have to add each other AGAIN when the game comes out.
So...yeah. They do have a pretty good Wii Number/Friend Code database, though. It might be worth checking out?

Relhots

Smash Lord
Hey Raul, I heard that the Wii number doesn't do squat for you. What you really need is the Friend Code, here's what TheBuzzSaw from wifiwars.com said about it.

So...yeah. They do have a pretty good Wii Number/Friend Code database, though. It might be worth checking out?
Its not for games, Its for messages, ect...

Winnar

Smash Lord
Once we get the game we'll be able to get higher res shots in the positions we want much easier.

Whee :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
I can hold the poll if you need me to. My internship doesn't start until Monday (I think. I really need to check that out o_o).

Cobalt Avians
Falco Faction
Aerial Aces
Aero Squadron
Bardi Fleet
Ethereal Aviators
Blue Wings
Winged Man's Wingmen
Bogie Scratchers
G-Diffusers
Star Falco

Top Bottom