• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Epic "What's Your Marth Color?" Thread

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
IMO:

normal blu = Azen (taken...)
red = Kizzu and Ken (double taken...)
black = M2K (not even allowed to look at that color...)
white = reeks of scrub (nub-files...)
green = possibly the fugliest costume in the history of videogames
light blu = wtf? eh...its all right, but two guys on this thread already called it...****

it seems there are no colors left for me to choose. Oh well...i guess i cant pick marth anymore...

(neutral blue & black are my favs :p)

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
With most of the characters I use, I use red. Marth, being the character I use the most, is always red, no exception.

AuraMarth

Smash Apprentice
I chose light blue earlier and noticed the hair is also lighter than the other alternates. A little fun for those that use this color.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i use the original blue skin, not the ugly light blue one

black and white are overused, and white marths tend to be in 90% of the cases g or feminatte ;/

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
with every character except marth I use blue.

With Marth I will either use light blue or white. Light blue cause Blue is my favorite color, and the light one is more awesome then the regular. White cause nothing is sexier.

Except of course C. Falcon :p

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
I choose you, light blue!

It really depends... as stupid as it sounds... if i feel like being a bad guy I choose red. If I feel like being rescued, green.

But light blue is really the only color I choose.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Black. I dont think ppl shud use "ken" (lol love dat) color because he is a legend. just my thought

-Trice-

Smash Rookie
i usually go with blue marth or red marth. red marth reminds me of roy.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So hard to choose!

Ugh, so hard to choose! I play white only bcuse my friend plays with black (besides, he has the awesome "ugh, it burns my eyes!" effect, and I like both blues, although I like the light blue glow effect.

ArchPong

Smash Rookie
Definetely go with White. i nicknamed him Divine Marth :). Kind of reminds me of Kratos off of Tales of Symphonia, for whatever reason.

xRisingForce

Smash Cadet
For me, it all boils down to my mood.

I have an inside joke with my friends where I refer to all the colors as obscure armors.

Funeral Armor: If asskicking is the subject matter, he's known to the most intelligent philosophers as the default of Occam's Razor. Marth WILL slay ANYONE, ALWAYS. Under that conditi- no, fact, wear this armor if you're cocky enough to boast the foresight of the outcome of the match, and attending the implied funeral.

Wine Armor: After donning Funeral Armor and, needless to say, kicking tons of Lenneth and Einherjar as(s) (they're ksers) at Ragnarok, his cape was doused in the wine dripping from Thor's very beard at the feast following the aftermath of apocalyptic slaughter.

Marriage Armor: This is just symbolic of Marth's ascendence to the master of mackin'. So next time someone insults Marth as being effeminate- just let 'em know he has married (and consequently, boned) every chick in the Nintendo universe. He's Intelligent System's, or moreover, Shouzou Kaga's subtle approval of polygamy and Japanese culture's under-the-radar nod to male dominance.

Cerulean Armor: Cerulean was the best color out of not only the 12, 24, 32, 64, but one hundred twenty-fuc(k)in'-eight pack of Crayola crayons. Needless to say, it's a bit obvious why he chooses to don this majestic shade of blue, or maybe Crayola should be honored Marth flourishes their best color.

Forest Armor: Let me tell you, I've so much as met Marth at anime conventions, and whoo, is he no tree hugger. When he's not finding new ways to look cool and/or kick as(s) in the process, he's eating whales (Japanese) and snuffing out popular wildlife. Marth isn't environmentally inconsiderate, only fa(g)gotiously inconsiderate. Because trees could communicate in his era so characterized by swords and magic, they offered nature's very essence as a symbol of ultimate subordinance, dominance, and submittal.

Default Armor: The plain, basic, starting armor. If the mechanics of Fire Emblem were such that armor wasn't a static value, you could say that through this armor, all your stats would be augmented by the way a yardsale bike decreases the performance of Lance on his super awesome Trek and Shimano collaboration bike. And under this constraint, Marth still kicks as(s). Sheesh. Someone shoot him with a tranq! [Insert cricket chirp .wav here]

So whether you're in the mood for some viking style ****, maybe some cocky slaughter, flower-stomping, or boning, Marth's not a jack of all trades, but a master of all.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
For me, it all boils down to my mood.

I have an inside joke with my friends where I refer to all the colors as obscure armors.

Funeral Armor: If asskicking is the subject matter, he's known to the most intelligent philosophers as the default of Occam's Razor. Marth WILL slay ANYONE, ALWAYS. Under that conditi- no, fact, wear this armor if you're cocky enough to boast the foresight of the outcome of the match, and attending the implied funeral.

Wine Armor: After donning Funeral Armor and, needless to say, kicking tons of Lenneth and Einherjar as(s) (they're ksers) at Ragnarok, his cape was doused in the wine dripping from Thor's very beard at the feast following the aftermath of apocalyptic slaughter.

Marriage Armor: This is just symbolic of Marth's ascendence to the master of mackin'. So next time someone insults Marth as being effeminate- just let 'em know he has married (and consequently, boned) every chick in the Nintendo universe. He's Intelligent System's, or moreover, Shouzou Kaga's subtle approval of polygamy and Japanese culture's under-the-radar nod to male dominance.

Cerulean Armor: Cerulean was the best color out of not only the 12, 24, 32, 64, but one hundred twenty-fuc(k)in'-eight pack of Crayola crayons. Needless to say, it's a bit obvious why he chooses to don this majestic shade of blue, or maybe Crayola should be honored Marth flourishes their best color.

Forest Armor: Let me tell you, I've so much as met Marth at anime conventions, and whoo, is he no tree hugger. When he's not finding new ways to look cool and/or kick as(s) in the process, he's eating whales (Japanese) and snuffing out popular wildlife. Marth isn't environmentally inconsiderate, only fa(g)gotiously inconsiderate. Because trees could communicate in his era so characterized by swords and magic, they offered nature's very essence as a symbol of ultimate subordinance, dominance, and submittal.

Default Armor: The plain, basic, starting armor. If the mechanics of Fire Emblem were such that armor wasn't a static value, you could say that through this armor, all your stats would be augmented by the way a yardsale bike decreases the performance of Lance on his super awesome Trek and Shimano collaboration bike. And under this constraint, Marth still kicks as(s). Sheesh. Someone shoot him with a tranq! [Insert cricket chirp .wav here]

So whether you're in the mood for some viking style ****, maybe some cocky slaughter, flower-stomping, or boning, Marth's not a jack of all trades, but a master of all.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: to all
This is somewhat how I feel when choosing (I wish they made the "color editor" that was previously discussed in this thread)

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Does Sheeda (Marth's true sweetheart) know about this? :ohwell: ;-P

Anyhow, speaking of the white outfit, here's a fun fact about it for you guys...the clothing colors were actually taken from Leaf:

Look familiar? :chuckle:

I realized this long ago when I was thinking about what new alternate colors Marth could had if he returned in "Brawl". A Leaf outfit was one of my ideas...until I looked it up and came to the realization that Marth actually had one all along in "Melee"!

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
well then youre just a party pooper aint'cha?

I dunno bout yall, but when i went to elementary school i was always taught ken was a color. its that evil and intense blood color that kinda smears across the screen at lightning speed as you get your @$$ ***** by red marth. Yeah...ken...burgers...

Top Bottom