• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-major

Smash Champion
I need the moveset and the credits for the moveset, post them again or send them to me via PM.
Claus:
A: Simple horizontal swipe with his blade.
A,A: Horizontal swipe, upward-diagonal swipe that brings the blade above and in front of him.
A,A,A: Horizontal swipe, Upward diagonal swipe, Slash that goes strait down in front of him.

::TILTS::
Forward: A strait jab with his arm cannon.
Up: Swipes above him with his sword in a 180 degrees motion.
Down: A tripping kick at the opponents feet.

::SMASHES::
Forward: A Downward-diagonal slash in front of him. has a lightning effect.
Up: Two fast slashes above him.
Down: Sends thunder PSI along the ground around him, making a very small electrified area around him.

Throws:
Up: does an uppercut with his gun arm, sending the opponent strait into the air. (7-10%)

Forward: pushes them forward a bit, then follows up with a slash from his sword that sends them back. (9-13%)

Back: moves the opponent behind him, then hits them at close range with a blast from his arm cannon sending them back. (13-15%)

Down: Trips the opponents feet, knocking them onto the ground. he then points the tip of his blade at them, and zaps them with a bolt of Thunder PSI (16-19%. no knock-back)

::DASH::
Claus hops forward, and does a spin in the air (close to the ground) with his sword out, causing it to lash people within range.

::AIR ATTACKS::
Neutral: standard kick (like Links)
Forward: A downward swipe with his arm cannon.
Back: Spins around and slashes behind him with his sword.
Up: Slashes above him, causing him to do a back flip.
Down: Face stomp (Like Ness)

- B: Energy Beam- He shoots out a beam from his arm cannon that makes people flinch. similar to Samus' cannon, but shoots a beam (like Falco's laser) instead of a ball.

it can be charged; doing so will make the beam longer and cause multiple hits, as well as the ability to pass through opponents and hit people that might be behind them.

an uncharged beam does 5% damage; one hit from a charged beam still does 5%, but multiple hits (up too 3 or 4 hits maximum) will cause more damage.

- B ^ Metal Wings- He spreads his metal wings, and points his sword above him; he gives a big flap of his wings, and flies strait up; electricity swirls around his sword in a drill-like manner; harming anyone it hits.

- B > Pig bomb - He pulls out a pig bomb and throws it. after a short amount of time it explodes.

it normally goes strait, but if you tilt the control stick before it's thrown you can change the angle a bit. Tilting back will give it less distance; up will give it a high arch; and down will roll it onto the ground right in front of you.

- B v Thunder Psi- Claus points his sword down at the ground in front of him, and a bolt of lighting strikes in front of him. using it in the air will cause him to point at the ground directly under him, and send a bolt of lightning out of his sword

Taunt: Points sword at opponents

Coustume: Gray helmet, Black jacket, orange pants, stripped undershirt; yellow and blue, black shoes

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
Love this thread. Claus <3333

With Lucas confirmed now, I have a feeling it all boils down to Ness vs Claus as a 2nd Mother rep (which there may very well be). Ness, if they were aiming for different movesets for Ness and Lucas, and somehow incorporating both M2 and M3 stuff as stages/SSE storyline/whatnot; and Claus for all-Mother 3 stuff.

Somehow I'm hoping for the latter. XD

Awesome moveset, T-major, though I think he should be able to glide too. Maybe it could be incorporated without giving him too much of an advantage?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Awesome, with Lucas in, claus cant be too far behind, also we ca pretty much see he has the same attacks as ness, so hes probably the replacement...

hei nightlea k onda alguien de la raza XD

T-major

Smash Champion
Awesome moveset, T-major, though I think he should be able to glide too. Maybe it could be incorporated without giving him too much of an advantage?
thanks! :D

and yeah, it makes sense that he be able to glide; the concept of him that we came up with was that he wouldn't have multiple jumps, and his Wings would be used in his up B; so it wouldn't be to much of an advantage if he had a glide, because he wouldn't have multiple jumps.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Updated the first page with the moveset.

@PrettyGoodYear:
Well, considering I did that Photoshop in less than 3 minutes, I didn't look for a tool to make it darker, I'm still a noob on Photoshop, lol.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
T-Major only mad a bulk of that moveset, other help as well. I created the taunt for example.

Super Smash Master created the B moves

T-Major throws, A moves

Me taunt

Sakurai: Coustume =p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
thanks! :D

and yeah, it makes sense that he be able to glide; the concept of him that we came up with was that he wouldn't have multiple jumps, and his Wings would be used in his up B; so it wouldn't be to much of an advantage if he had a glide, because he wouldn't have multiple jumps.
Claus has wings? Well that makes him much more cool...

Claus for Brawl!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea mechanical ones...dont know where he hides em though...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh you know what'd suck...If Claus' only appearance in Brawl is an alt costume of Lucas...

...I bet that is going to be one of his alternate colors too...

Jim Reno

Smash Rookie
I think Claus has a real shot. Not only is Lucas in now, but we need more badass characters in there, and Claus fits the bill to a T.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh you know what'd suck...If Claus' only appearance in Brawl is an alt costume of Lucas...

...I bet that is going to be one of his alternate colors too...
I could actually TOTALLY settle for Lucas having a Claus costume. Or even a "Masked Man" alt costume. Based on what I've seen of Claus (which, admittedly, isn't much), the coolest thing about him is his Masked Man look.

T-major

Smash Champion
T-Major only mad a bulk of that moveset, other help as well. I created the taunt for example.

Super Smash Master created the B moves

T-Major throws, A moves

Me taunt

Sakurai: Coustume =p
yeah, I shouldn't take all the credit... that should be fixed in the first post.

also... NEW LUCAS SIGNATURE GET!!!

I don't particularly plan on using him (I might, but it's to early to tell) but that screen shot of him was to good NOT to make into a Tag, amiright!?

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
In regards to his moveset, I'd prefer to see PK Love as his standard B other than his final smash. Also, Starmen.net has more inside info, saying that in the storyline, Pokey Minch will make himself mayor of a city. New Pork City confirmed? Also, this definetly boosts his chances.

T-major

Smash Champion
In regards to his moveset, I'd prefer to see PK Love as his standard B other than his final smash.
actually, I think that that will be one of Lucas' moves, since it's his signature move.

if Claus had PK LOVE, but it acted completely differently from Lucas', that would be fine... but I'd still prefer the arm cannon.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
In regards to his moveset, I'd prefer to see PK Love as his standard B other than his final smash. Also, Starmen.net has more inside info, saying that in the storyline, Pokey Minch will make himself mayor of a city. New Pork City confirmed? Also, this definetly boosts his chances.
Where on starmen.net did you catch that? Not that any non-Dojo info is substatiated at this point, but I'm curious nonetheless.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
In the forums. And they've talked about how Brawl will have major MOTHER 3 spoilers, which is why they are trying to get the translation out before November. If you go to the forums and check out the topic it was posted, you'll see it was before Lucas was confirmed.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
In the forums. And they've talked about how Brawl will have major MOTHER 3 spoilers, which is why they are trying to get the translation out before November. If you go to the forums and check out the topic it was posted, you'll see it was before Lucas was confirmed.
OK, you're talking about the fan translation for Mother 3 section, then. I've read through the stuff they've posted about the major spoilers in Brawl, but I haven't checked out the forums. In any case, here's hoping those "major spoilers" = Claus for Brawl! Well, aside from the
New Pork City
stuff, anyhow.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
OK, you're talking about the fan translation for Mother 3 section, then. I've read through the stuff they've posted about the major spoilers in Brawl, but I haven't checked out the forums. In any case, here's hoping those "major spoilers" = Claus for Brawl!
Yes. It no doubt confirms him being in. However, his role can be argued. I'd hate to see him as a boss. I'd probly wet myself if he was confirmed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
We don't know if it's
Claus
or if it's
Pokey
. My money's on Pokey.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who would wanna play as that fat f*ck as opposed to awesome claus?
Whoever said that the spoiler was one of the two? For all we know, Claus and Pokey might not be playable and Lucas, Duster, and Kumatora are the Earthbound reps.

T-major

Smash Champion
Whoever said that the spoiler was one of the two? For all we know, Claus and Pokey might not be playable and Lucas, Duster, and Kumatora are the Earthbound reps.
really, giving the importance Claus has to the story in Mother 3 (as well as Lucas' back story), I think he would have some amount of priority over the others. although Duster and/or Kumatora would be original and interesting too (duster being the most original of the two, what with his Thief skills and kicking oriented moveset), I really don't think they would have priority over Claus; and Pokey would make a cool boss using that Spider robot thing, but playable would suck.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
really, giving the importance Claus has to the story in Mother 3 (as well as Lucas' back story), I think he would have some amount of priority over the others. although Duster and/or Kumatora would be original and interesting too (duster being the most original of the two, what with his Thief skills and kicking oriented moveset), I really don't think they would have priority over Claus; and Pokey would make a cool boss using that Spider robot thing, but playable would suck.
Pokey NEVER sucks, but I don't think he'll be playable. He would be too awkward, and couldn't fight without his Spider Mech. He's the Dr. Eggman of the MOTHER world. And Claus would have definite priority over Kuma, who I'm sure will serve as Paula did to Ness. Lucas will borrow from her moveset.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
actually his \/b can work like shieks , he can transform into the masked boy and back into claus , i would see that as "interesting" :p
oh and know that sakurai is leaning towards mother 3 actually i dont see it being unlikely , it would be awsome if he was in with jeff and lucas(confirmed) i would be very happy ^.^. but anyways very good photoshop recolor , i have to show it to my friend who wants claus in :p.

~Thirdkoopa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom