• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
man...i just wish that mother 3 was released in america, i would love to see it happen. i hear that its a great game! i've never played mother 1 or 2 either, even though 2 was released in america.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
man...i just wish that mother 3 was released in america, i would love to see it happen. i hear that its a great game! i've never played mother 1 or 2 either, even though 2 was released in america.
I beat 2, 2 hours ago, great game, I cried at the end cause it was over...

T-major

Smash Champion
HAY GUYZ! LOOKIT WUT I FOUND!!

it regards the Mother 3 translation patch. READ IT! it has some pretty big stuff that you guys should know!

something I found interesting is that they said that Brawl will spoil parts of Mother 3... now, if they only put in Lucas, I don't really think that would be that much of a spoiler, since he's a main character... really, think this might hint at Claus, or at least something else that comes up later in the game...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
HAY GUYZ! LOOKIT WUT I FOUND!!

it regards the Mother 3 translation patch. READ IT! it has some pretty big stuff that you guys should know!

something I found interesting is that they said that Brawl will spoil parts of Mother 3... now, if they only put in Lucas, I don't really think that would be that much of a spoiler, since he's a main character... really, think this might hint at Claus, or at least something else that comes up later in the game...
YAY! Claus!

But, isn't that only a fan site..?

T-major

Smash Champion
YAY! Claus!

But, isn't that only a fan site..?
it is just a fan site; but they're putting in a lot of time and effort into the patch. I don't think they would make stuff up about Brawl having Mother 3 spoilers, then go through the extra trouble to make a mini patch that translates menus and items so that people can play through the game easier so Brawl won't spoil things for them... it just seems unnessesary for them to stress themselves like that if brawl won't have Mother 3 spoilers...

also, I remember hearing about something that stated that Brawl would have Mother 3 spoilers... I don't know if it was reliable info, but they had it on Starmen.net, and mother fans aren't usually ones to make up info regarding their fandom.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Signature update!

I basically knew nothing about Claus 24 hours ago, but after coming on this topic, and learning about his backstory, I have decided that he's worthy enough to appear in my sig.

Claus for Brawl!

P.S

Thank you, T-major. :)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Starmen.net is right, they're a VERY reliable source, and have links to Nintendo Power and others. Claus has a very huge chance in Brawl simply because of this news from them.

T-major

Smash Champion
Masked Man only NO ALT for Claus
indeed. that would be too much of a spoiler if you ask me... although, honestly, I would probably use it... D:

also, the mini patch (the one that translates Menus, names, item/skill descriptions) is very useful. you still need to use a translation guide for the story and what-not, but it's a big help to know what items do.

and Luke, do you have a link to the Starmen article regarding this?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Salurai doesn't care that much for Spoilers...Besides, I already had it spoiled for me, not knowing that knowing CLaus was the masked guy was a spoiler

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
and Luke, do you have a link to the Starmen article regarding this?
Well, there's no specific article, but it's been stressed upon the translator that SSBB WILL spoil Mother 3.

Oh, and this topic on the forums posted by reidman, the person who started the site (or one of them, at least): http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102

Also, note that they were right about the Franklin Badge beforehand appearing as an item, in which anyone access to the staff boards would know so, and even predicted an exact date for it's update on the site.
Salurai doesn't care that much for Spoilers...
Too true. F.e.: Sheik.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, there's no specific article, but it's been stressed upon the translator that SSBB WILL spoil Mother 3.

Oh, and this topic on the forums posted by reidman, the person who started the site (or one of them, at least): http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102

Also, note that they were right about the Franklin Badge beforehand appearing as an item, in which anyone access to the staff boards would know so, and even predicted an exact date for it's update on the site.

Too true. F.e.: Sheik.
Really? Why does he stress the spoilers for his game then?

T-major

Smash Champion

cool, thanks. :D

seems reliable. I believe it at least. so, if Lucas is in, that means Brawl is (most likely) focusing on Mother 3 more than the rest of the series. and seeing as Lucas alone isn't much of a spoiler, we can logicaly assume that:

A) Another character from Mother will be added (and since Claus is pretty much the only character that could be playable, AND be counted as a spoiler, we can safely say that he has a good chance).

B) A stage that involves something that could be counted as an Mother 3 spoiler is in Brawl.

C) A boss from Mother 3 is in Brawl, and he's has enough of a part in the game to count as a spoiler.

or D) All of the above (or any combination of the above).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was this prior to Melee's release?
Well Mother 3 is already out too...and it's not like it's really going to have a world-wide release...

What system was it...was it the DS or the GBA BTW?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well Mother 3 is already out too...and it's not like it's really going to have a world-wide release...

GBA, yeah but Sakurai stresses the spoliers for his game, ironic or killing the competition?

T-major

Smash Champion

it's for GBA, but it was one of the last games released for it.

and yeah; Mother 3 has been out for a fair amount of time in Japan, so any spoilers for the game (for Japan at least) are due to the fact that the people being spoiled didn't play the game...

of course, for the people outside of Japan, it's a whole different Ball Game... people will be like "Who's this blond kid!? Lucas? Never heard of him!" and "Woah! This Claus guy is totally awesome!! I wish I could play his game!..."

Enigma14

Smash Champion
it's for GBA, but it was one of the last games released for it.

and yeah; Mother 3 has been out for a fair amount of time in Japan, so any spoilers for the game (for Japan at least) are due to the fact that the people being spoiled didn't play the game...

of course, for the people outside of Japan, it's a whole different Ball Game... people will be like "Who's this blond kid!? Lucas? Never heard of him!" and "Woah! This Claus guy is totally awesome!! I wish I could play his game!..."
At least among the younger gamers, a young friend of mine asked me who Roy was @ the time and I told him he was from Fire Emblem and my friend was confused and then I had to explain it to him. So yeah, but it's really different for those who never even COULD PLAY EarthBound

T-major

Smash Champion
At least among the younger gamers, a young friend of mine asked me who Roy was @ the time and I told him he was from Fire Emblem and my friend was confused and then I had to explain it to him. So yeah, but it's really different for those who never even COULD PLAY EarthBound
it's not only younger gamers, just people who don't know whats "going on" (if that makes any sense)...

anyways, Mother 3 stuff in Brawl might give it (Mother series) a boost in popularity; which might influence another game for the DS or something (it's too late to expect a Mother 3 translation)... maybe a remake of EarthBound?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Claus is an interesting character. I'm not especially hoping for his inclusion, though I do support it. I won't be terribly disappointed if he were to not be in Brawl, but I'd be surprised if they let such a character go to waste. 'Just wanted to say CLAUS FOR BRAWL. ;)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yes Claus should be in Brawl...if Lucas is in and Ness isnt....

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wait, what? You guys told me that Sheik being Zelda was spoiled when Melee came out, but you're stating it was known for 3 years?

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Sheik might've been an exception considering Zelda's popularity and that it had been known for about three years AND was released world wide unlike MOTHER 3.
But that still counts as a spoiler. Dont forget what I've said before with Marth and Roys's trophies becoming major spoliers. People took the trophies as a sign of info on the character's background when in actuallity they have just got spoiled Greatly for 2 Major characters storylines (Marth & Roy).

Enigma14

Smash Champion
But that still counts as a spoiler. Dont forget what I've said before with Marth and Roys's trophies becoming major spoliers. People took the trophies as a sign of info on the character's background when in actuallity they have just got spoiled Greatly for 2 Major characters storylines (Marth & Roy).
But Roys game wasnt even out yet.

T-major

Smash Champion
But Roys game wasnt even out yet.
that makes it an EPIC SPOILER!! D: no one could avoid them, because they had no way of knowing the story ahead of time!!

::EDIT::

I made some modifications to Claus' B moves. I switched some around, and gave a more detailed description to them.

- B: Energy Beam- He shoots out a beam from his arm cannon that makes people flinch. similar to Samus' cannon, but shoots a beam (like Falco's laser) instead of a ball.

it can be charged; doing so will make the beam longer and cause multiple hits, as well as the ability to pass through opponents and hit people that might be behind them.

an uncharged beam does 5% damage; one hit from a charged beam still does 5%, but multiple hits (up too 3 or 4 hits maximum) will cause more damage.

- B ^ Metal Wings- He spreads his metal wings, and points his sword above him; he gives a big flap of his wings, and flies strait up; electricity swirls around his sword in a drill-like manner; harming anyone it hits.

- B > Pig bomb - He pulls out a pig bomb and throws it. after a short amount of time it explodes.

it normally goes strait, but if you tilt the control stick before it's thrown you can change the angle a bit. Tilting back will give it less distance; up will give it a high arch; and down will roll it onto the ground right in front of you.

- B v Thunder Psi- Claus points his sword down at the ground in front of him, and a bolt of lighting strikes in front of him. using it in the air will cause him to point at the ground directly under him, and send a bolt of lightning out of his sword.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
LUCAS CONFIRMED!

sweet! now I have more hope form Claus! not only that, but Lucas looks pretty cool.

hopefully he's different from Ness...
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

funny How Sakurai only put Lucas with Kirby and MetaKnight...

Lucas could do a ALT SWAP FOR CLAUS AND THUS MAKE MM AND CLAUS SEPARATE!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
AHH I'm so excited! We're halfway there, friends! While the update didn't confirm much, the fact that Lucas is in at all is definitely a plus. Keep your fingers crossed for upcoming updates! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom