• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Claus and Lucas and Flint and Ness...whom will it be?
Lucas is all but officially confirmed; Starmen.net has cleared things up on that end. Some blog had a list of "inside info" on upcoming games, including MP3, Galaxy, and Brawl. All of its claims about MP3 were accurate, not to mention other aspects of Brawl that have been confirmed--namely WiFi support and the multiple control schemes. One other piece of note was that all of the original Smashers (i.e. the characters from SSB64) would return. So it's safe to say that both Ness AND Lucas will appear in SSBB. If another MOTHER rep appears--which I truly hope will be the case--expect Claus over Flint for sure.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
My only worry is that Claus in his masked form would (and should be) far too powerful...

Although he'd make an awesome Assist at full strength :D
The same could be said about Mewtwo: in his standard form, he should be vastly superior to any other character, strength-wise. Obviously, power is relative in the Smash world. Claus for Brawl! :bigthumbu

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
is there a moveset anywhere here for Claus?

Im sorry for not checking that well if there is...

T-major

Smash Champion
I support Claus, simply because he would be awesome. I haven't played Mother 3 (but I REALLY want to), but from what I've heard, Claus is the perfect character for me. Arm cannon, thunder sword, PSI powers, Metal wings... AWESOME! if only he had a scarf...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yes we do.....

I havent seen any vids of Claus to think of anything on the spot besides a move involving his blade, a diff version of PK Thunder and a shooting move...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You don't ever really see any moves before the Masked Man. He "dies" before Lucas learns PSI.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea Im talking about some battle vids when he is the Masked Man...

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
I'm expecting Lucas to appear at the Dojo sometime this week or in October, Sakurai can't hide the MOTHER character forever...

In case that some "missed it", the front page has a Claus video I made, check it, beware of super spoilers.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm expecting Lucas to appear at the Dojo sometime this week or in October, Sakurai can't hide the MOTHER character forever...

In case that some "missed it", the front page has a Claus video I made, check it, beware of super spoilers.
Where is the music from?

anyways MP3?

Also

If we were to make a moveset for him...which weapon or PSI?

"A" button could be sword slash (Normal A) or gun shoots (Charged A)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where is the music from?

anyways MP3?

Also

If we were to make a moveset for him...which weapon or PSI?

"A" button could be sword slash (Normal A) or gun shoots (Charged A)
I think Lucas would use his sword thing for A moves

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hopefully Lucas won't be a clone for Ness.

Also how will Claus use his gun, which buttons?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
sorry wasnt paying much attention....again...sorry....

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
actually I think he should use his wings for his UpB...cuz if too many people have multiple jumps...it takes away the special-ness of it...like he could rise with his wings with his blade pointing upwards...basically a slower Dolphin Slash with lightning damage that drills....

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Oh I see now. His wings would actually hurt someone, where as with Chirizard he couldn't do a gust attack with his wings, however since Masked Boy has wings he could use them to have an air fight!

Bv should be sometihng like Thunderbolt but oly it goes to his sword and he has an electric sword for a short time.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no....I meant that his wings(since they arent out all the time...) would pop out to lift him in the air...his sword is what does the damage...its like a Dolphin Slash...and yes his DownB should be a lightning bolt...

T-major

Smash Champion
no....I meant that his wings(since they arent out all the time...) would pop out to lift him in the air...his sword is what does the damage...its like a Dolphin Slash...and yes his DownB should be a lightning bolt...
I don't think it should be like the dolphin slash; I'm seeing more of an upward drill/lance type move, with the sword surounded by lightning. I'd main him just for that! :D

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I don't think it should be like the dolphin slash; I'm seeing more of an upward drill/lance type move, with the sword surounded by lightning. I'd main him just for that! :D
now this is my post...

actually I think he should use his wings for his UpB...cuz if too many people have multiple jumps...it takes away the special-ness of it...like he could rise with his wings with his blade pointing upwards...basically a slower Dolphin Slash with lightning damage that drills....

T-major

Smash Champion
snap! I got owned! D: sorry, I didn't see that part.

on a side note, I downloaded a ROM of Mother 3. the game play and story are totally rockin' so far, but having to read a translation could end up getting annoying... starman.net is working on a translation patch, so I can't wait for that to be finished. for now I'll have to stick to reading off a translation.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
A Attacks would be all with his thunder sword. I don't need to do those.

B: Pig bomb - Claus pulls out a pig bomb kind of like Snake's grenade.
B^ Metal Wings- Claus shoots a big gust of wind shooting him up into the air, also blowing away enemies that are near.
B> Energy Beam- Claus shoots out a beam from his arm cannon. Can be charged, but shoots out in a beam instead of a ball like Samus's.
BD Thunder Psi- This would be like Pikachu's thunder but it would hit on both sides of Claus instead of directly at him.

Enigma14

Smash Champion

B^ Metal Wings- Claus shoots a big gust of wind shooting him up into the air, also blowing away enemies that are near.
B> Energy Beam- Claus shoots out a beam from his arm cannon. Can be charged, but shoots out in a beam instead of a ball like Samus's.
BD Thunder Psi- This would be like Pikachu's thunder but it would hit on both sides of Claus instead of directly at him.
I agree with most of that. However what about his electric sword?

T-major

Smash Champion

I don't like the pig bomb. it's to similar to Snake's grenade, and not awesome enough. now, I havn't played enough of the game to be giving move ideas, besides logical moves based on the things I know about him (ex. he has Thunder PSI = moves that use Thunder...); but I DO know that there are better possible B moves then "Pig Bomb"... that being said, I like all the other moves...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Well, Pig Bomb is one of his weapons in the game. Link has bombs too, so I don't see how it's too farfetched. They could have a delayed explosion time ALA a fuse. That would differentiate them.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, Pig Bomb is one of his weapons in the game. Link has bombs too, so I don't see how it's too farfetched. They could have a delayed explosion time ALA a fuse. That would differentiate them.
Good responce.

I think B Charged should be his gun, while B sides is him throwing bombs

T-major

Smash Champion
oh. see, I didn't know that. in that case I guess it could work; if they made it original then I'm all for it. maybe give the explosion more of a circular radius, as apposed to just a regular fire burst?

and I agree with Enigma. B should be his beam, Forward B his bomb.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
For grab guess he puts away his sword and just grabs them and headbutts or hits the opponent with his gun on the blunt side.

If you don't agree with this, what should his throw be? Also his FS?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I still think his Up B should be a rising, drilling blade attack of eternal lightning pwnage......coupled with the gust thing that blows ppl away...

and maybe for his FS....ummm......how about...Wrath of the Sky...he flies into the air and shoots a whole bunch of cannon beams and shots and missiles and rays and stuff from his arm cannon and his sword is constantly slashing causing lighting to crash unto the stage...from random directions...then when the assault is finished he comes down like a meteor with his cannon having a ball of energy at the barrel...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I still think his Up B should be a rising, drilling blade attack of eternal lightning pwnage......coupled with the gust thing that blows ppl away...

and maybe for his FS....ummm......how about...Wrath of the Sky...he flies into the air and shoots a whole bunch of cannon beams and shots and missiles and rays and stuff from his arm cannon and his sword is constantly slashing causing lighting to crash unto the stage...from random directions...then when the assault is finished he comes down like a meteor with his cannon having a ball of energy at the barrel...
That's creative, but a lot to animate...but imaginative nontheless! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom