• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
o well I think it was ok for something that was thought up on the spot...

T-major

Smash Champion
For grab guess he puts away his sword and just grabs them and headbutts or hits the opponent with his gun on the blunt side.

If you don't agree with this, what should his throw be? Also his FS?
that grab works. I'd prefer him to do a head-butt... I just see it looking less awkward... either way is fine though. how about these for throws:

Up: does an uppercut with his gun arm, sending the opponent strait into the air. (7-10%)

Forward: pushes them forward a bit, then follows up with a slash from his sword that sends them back. (9-13%)

Back: moves the opponent behind him, then hits them at close range with a blast from his arm cannon sending them back. (13-15%)

Down: Trips the opponents feet, knocking them onto the ground. he then points the tip of his blade at them, and zaps them with a bolt of Thunder PSI (16-19%. no knock-back)

as for final smash... I don't know.... he... kills everyone?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
that grab works. I'd prefer him to do a head-butt... I just see it looking less awkward... either way is fine though. how about these for throws:

Up: does an uppercut with his gun arm, sending the opponent strait into the air. (7-10%)

Forward: pushes them forward a bit, then follows up with a slash from his sword that sends them back. (9-13%)

Back: moves the opponent behind him, then hits them at close range with a blast from his arm cannon sending them back. (13-15%)

Down: Trips the opponent feet, knocking them onto the ground. he then points the tip of his blade at them, and zaps them with a bolt of Thunder PSI (16-19%. no knock-back)

as for final smash... I don't know.... he... kills everyone?
Posted by ZenJestr:
I still think his Up B should be a rising, drilling blade attack of eternal lightning pwnage......coupled with the gust thing that blows ppl away...

and maybe for his FS....ummm......how about...Wrath of the Sky...he flies into the air and shoots a whole bunch of cannon beams and shots and missiles and rays and stuff from his arm cannon and his sword is constantly slashing causing lighting to crash unto the stage...from random directions...then when the assault is finished he comes down like a meteor with his cannon having a ball of energy at the barrel...

Nice descriptions on the throws!

We have a move list, just need to tweak or tone some things done and good job everyone!

T-major

Smash Champion
that up B is the best thing since sliced bread!

Wrath of the sky sound b!tchin', but it sound a little... over powered. tone it down, like Enigma said, and I think we got somethin' here! :D

by the way, does anyone have some artwork of Claus? I want to make a user bar for him.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
@ Knyaguy:
Claus pictures are somewhere in the thread, look for them in the pages.

@Enigma14:
The songs are:
MOTHER3 Love theme (MOTHER3+ album)
Porkie of Porkie of Porkie... (Oto No Ishi 2, a MOTHER mix album)

@T-Major:
It's Starmen.net, not Starman.

Final Smash could be either:
-Thunder Slash (the one he does thrice in the game at Lucas)
-PK_Love OMEGA level.
-*Pig Army Mothership?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
wait Claus can use PK Love?

I thought only Lucas could do that...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
if youve played EarthBound and know what PK Rockin' is...(or PK Hamburger, PK Seckz, PK GameBoy, PK ****...anything...its based on your favorite thing that u decided in the beginning...)then PK Love is that...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
if youve played EarthBound and know what PK Rockin' is...(or PK Hamburger, PK Seckz, PK GameBoy, PK ****...anything...its based on your favorite thing that u decided in the beginning...)then PK Love is that...
Ness will be PK Rocking, Lucas PK Love and Claus will be Wrath of Sky.
Thanks for the songs. as for art work go on deviantArt.

This is my fav. SPOLIERS FOR MOTHER3 I WARNED THEE WHOM ARE IGNORANT!

http://nebulousskye.deviantart.com/art/Mother3-Pleading-65512251

http://odori.deviantart.com/art/The-Masked-Man-39220249

Sorry for the olden talk ^_^;;

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Here is what we all agree on sorry to DP:

Masked Man:
Throws:

Down: Trips the opponents feet, knocking them onto the ground. he then points the tip of his blade at them, and zaps them with a bolt of Thunder PSI (16-19%. no knock-back)

FS
his FS..."Wrath of the Sky"

Flies into the air and shoots a whole bunch of cannon beams and shots and missiles and rays and stuff from his arm cannon and his sword is constantly slashing causing
lighting to crash unto the stage from random directions then when the assault is finished he slowly desends down

A Attacks would be all with his thunder sword. I don't need to do those.

B: Pig bomb - Claus pulls out a pig bomb kind of like Snake's grenade.
B^ Metal Wings- Claus shoots a big gust of wind shooting him up into the air, also blowing away enemies that are near.
B> Energy Beam- Claus shoots out a beam from his arm cannon. Can be charged, but shoots out in a beam instead of a ball like Samus's.
BD Thunder Psi- This would be like Pikachu's thunder but it would hit on both sides of Claus instead of directly at him.

Taunt:

Coustume: Gray helmet, Black jacket, orange pants, stripped undershirt; yellow and blue, black shoes

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought PK Love was like PK Rockin...

PK Rockin > PK Love...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
His taunt should be him pointing his sword towards someone, anyone else got sometihng?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
this is good. it's simple, but also very cool and fitting of him. :D

on a side note, the unofficial translation patch for Mother 3 is set for release around mid November! awesome! :O
Fire Emblem 10 or Mother 3... >.<

Enigma14

Smash Champion
what do you mean?... you mean which one should you buy? well you don't have to worry if thats the case.;the patch for Mother 3 is fan made, so it's free! :D you'll just have to download the patch and apply it to the ROM.
Not buy but which do I play? I don't own a wii, but I desperatly want to play FE10. But Mother is so interesting and that dramatic one time game that's awesome, also there are questions I have about Mother that can be answered if I play it.

T-major

Smash Champion
Not buy but which do I play? I don't own a wii, but I desperatly want to play FE10. But Mother is so interesting and that dramatic one time game that's awesome, also there are questions I have about Mother that can be answered if I play it.
well, you can always alternate between them. Play MOTHER 3 one day, then FE10 the next... you'll also have to get a Wii if you plan on playing Brawl.

I, personally, will be Playing MOTHER 3, since I'm not that much of an FE fan.

we should make a full moveset for Claus based on what we have...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
well, you can always alternate between them. Play MOTHER 3 one day, then FE10 the next... you'll also have to get a Wii if you plan on playing Brawl.

I, personally, will be Playing MOTHER 3, since I'm not that much of an FE fan.

we should make a full moveset for Claus based on what we have...
Uh, look @ the previous page, theres already a moveset.

T-major

Smash Champion
I mean full move set. we don't have any A attacks, smash attacks, tilts, or air attacks.

I'll come up with some A moves tomorrow. right now.... IT'S SLEEPY TIME!!! :O

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I mean full move set. we don't have any A attacks, smash attacks, tilts, or air attacks.

I'll come up with some A moves tomorrow. right now.... IT'S SLEEPY TIME!!! :O
Masked Man:
Throws:

FS

Flies into the air and shoots a whole bunch of cannon beams and shots and missiles and rays and stuff from his arm cannon and his sword is constantly slashing causing
lighting to crash unto the stage from random directions then when the assault is finished he slowly desends down

A Attacks would be all with his thunder sword. I don't need to do those.

B: Pig bomb - Claus pulls out a pig bomb kind of like Snake's grenade.
B^ Metal Wings- Claus shoots a big gust of wind shooting him up into the air, also blowing away enemies that are near.
B> Energy Beam- Claus shoots out a beam from his arm cannon. Can be charged, but shoots out in a beam instead of a ball like Samus's.
BD Thunder Psi- This would be like Pikachu's thunder but it would hit on both sides of Claus instead of directly at him.

Taunt: Points sword at opponents while thunder surrounds it

Coustume: Gray helmet, Black jacket, orange pants, stripped undershirt; yellow and blue, black shoes

Alright but we agreed his sword were all of his A attacks similair's to Roy's A moves.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I volunteer to do the A moves...tomorrow...(which is Thursday)....

T-major

Smash Champion
heres some moves I came up with. tell me what you think :D

::STANDARD A ATTACKS::
A: Simple horizontal swipe with his blade.
A,A: Horizontal swipe, upward-diagonal swipe that brings the blade above and in front of him.
A,A,A: Horizontal swipe, Upward diagonal swipe, Slash that goes strait down in front of him.

::TILTS::
Forward: A strait jab with his arm cannon.
Up: Swipes above him with his sword in a 180 degrees motion.
Down: A tripping kick at the opponents feet.

::SMASHES::
Forward: A Downward-diagonal slash in front of him. has a lightning effect.
Up: Two fast slashes above him.
Down: Sends thunder PSI along the ground around him, making a very small electrified area around him.

::DASH::
Claus hops forward, and does a spin in the air (close to the ground) with his sword out, causing it to lash people within range.

::AIR ATTACKS::
Neutral: standard kick (like Links)
Forward: A downward swipe with his arm cannon.
Back: Spins around and slashes behind him with his sword.
Up: Slashes above him, causing him to do a back flip.
Down: Face stomp (Like Ness)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Updated with A moves!

Masked Man:
A: Simple horizontal swipe with his blade.
A,A: Horizontal swipe, upward-diagonal swipe that brings the blade above and in front of him.
A,A,A: Horizontal swipe, Upward diagonal swipe, Slash that goes strait down in front of him.

::TILTS::
Forward: A strait jab with his arm cannon.
Up: Swipes above him with his sword in a 180 degrees motion.
Down: A tripping kick at the opponents feet.

::SMASHES::
Forward: A Downward-diagonal slash in front of him. has a lightning effect.
Up: Two fast slashes above him.
Down: Sends thunder PSI along the ground around him, making a very small electrified area around him.

Throws:

::DASH::
Claus hops forward, and does a spin in the air (close to the ground) with his sword out, causing it to lash people within range.

::AIR ATTACKS::
Neutral: standard kick (like Links)
Forward: A downward swipe with his arm cannon.
Back: Spins around and slashes behind him with his sword.
Up: Slashes above him, causing him to do a back flip.
Down: Face stomp (Like Ness)

B: Pig bomb - He pulls out a pig bomb kind of like Snake's grenade.
B^ Metal Wings- He shoots a big gust of wind shooting him up into the air, also blowing away enemies that are near.
B> Energy Beam- He shoots out a beam from his arm cannon. Can be charged, but shoots out in a beam instead of a ball like Samus's.
BD Thunder Psi- This would be like Pikachu's thunder but it would hit on both sides of him instead of directly at him.

FS

Taunt: Points sword @ opponents

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Pretty good moveset.

Oh, and I have a request. I need that fanart of Claus that's in most of the Claus support things. As in, this one:

I need it for my thread, I don't like using a sprite representation of him, and honestly would prefer that fanart. Thanks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

T-major

Smash Champion
I made my own.

feel free to use it if you want, just don't take credit for it.

Claus for Brawl!

speaking of which, do you think they will/should use the name Claus, as apposed to "Masked Man"? the name Claus is a MAJOR spoiler, so do you think it would be a good idea?

I personally don't care either way... but I would prefer "Claus", because I think it sounds better...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bleh, yours is good...I still like mine better...No offense...I'm just narcissistic! :chuckle:

T-major

Smash Champion
Bleh, yours is good...I still like mine better...No offense...I'm just narcissistic! :chuckle:
no offense taken. I mainly make mine like that because I want them to be different from all the other ones. they also line up better with my Meta Knight tag (you can blame that part on O.C.D :laugh:)

personally, I'd like it better if my style of buttons didn't catch on; I like having my own unique way of doing things...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm all about OCD, believe me. I love symmetry and alphabetical order--separately, of course. One would undo the other! (Or at least in most cases).

And I think that to call Claus "Masked Man" would be kind of "wimpy" on Sakurai's part. I just think that he should be true to the character and the game (MOTHER 3), so it would only make sense for Claus to keep his real name.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
the story is what stands out i mother 3. it is very awesome beyond belief.

you can read it at gamefaqs .

i support him (in his robot form) with Lucas in place of Ness any day.

whoever made this give himself a pat on the back, it is marvelous!!
Right hand is a gun not a hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom