• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Claus is...alright. As a character I really do like him--as I do every other MOTHER character--but he doesn´t bring anything groundbreaking enough to the table for me to want him in SSBB. For a second representative for the series, considering that Lucas will most likely replace Ness, I´d rather have Duster, who primarily uses kicks to attack and has a number of unique abilities. I´ll admit that Claus has some of the highest chances among MOTHER characters of beind added, however.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can say only one thing....

Claus dies.
Normally I'd say **** you or something for ruining Mother 3...but the game is never coming here anyway and I already spoiled the entire thing for myself by now anyway

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
If you wanna get really technical, Lucas asks the Dragon to create a new world at the end of MOTHER3, in which Claus would most likely be reborn.

But yes, he dies.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His name is just Lucas with the letters rearranged

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Claus isn´t freaking badass. He´s a slaughtered, reconstructed, brainwashed, remotely controlled child forced to fight his twin brother to the death before finally earning rest.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
He brings a whole new meaning to the quote "We can rebuild him. We can make him strong, faster!"

Claus sucked before they rebuilt him. When I first saw him on the poll I said "Who would ever want him?" But now he's my #1 hopeful.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Stupid and random question, but what text is used in those Brawl support icons? Cause I'm making a Claus one (it's of him unmasked, though).

But yeah, he's pretty cool as a character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Stupid and random question, but what text is used in those Brawl support icons? Cause I'm making a Claus one (it's of him unmasked, though).

But yeah, he's pretty cool as a character.
I just copy and past from existing ones for the text myself...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I like it! I'm more partial to Masked Man Claus myself, but it's a solid job nonetheless. =)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I agree, I do like the look of Masked Man Claus better and think that if Claus is in he should be in it as such, but I just had to do something with those fan clay models that one guy on Starmen.net (forgot his name) made.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Claus is better as Masked Man/Boy or else he will just be another Lucas/Ness only 1 who can talk and weild a knife

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I so, killed this thread.

Oh well.

Seriously, I'd just rather see Lucas and Ness. They'd make sense.

If anything make Porky a boss, because he technicly didnt die..
Claus is not the only person that I support that has died

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I so, killed this thread.

Oh well.

Seriously, I'd just rather see Lucas and Ness. They'd make sense.

If anything make Porky a boss, because he technicly didnt die..
I don't think you know what it means to kill a thread. :ohwell:

People continued to post after you did, therefor it's alive.

*moonwalks back into the darkness to continue lurking*

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Flint would be the closest thing to Chuck Norris SSBB would ever hope to get. Total WIN.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't think you know what it means to kill a thread. :ohwell:

People continued to post after you did, therefor it's alive.

*moonwalks back into the darkness to continue lurking*
Even when you lurk, you win! You've got skillz, my friend. :grin:

Really, though, Claus is WAY too cool to ever let this thread die.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Cluas reminds me of Geno and Protoman cause they're all so cool.

CLAUS & GENO FOR BRAWL!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Cluas reminds me of Geno and Protoman cause they're all so cool.

CLAUS & GENO FOR BRAWL!
I dunno about Geno, but the Protoman comparisons are numerous, especially given the Megaman-Protoman relation and its similarities to the Lucas-Claus relation.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I dunno about Geno, but the Protoman comparisons are numerous, especially given the Megaman-Protoman relation and its similarities to the Lucas-Claus relation.
You're right about that cause Geno doesn't have a bro.

Claus for Brawl!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You're right about that cause Geno doesn't have a bro.

Claus for Brawl!
Neither Protoman nor Claus is truly evil; I think that their outlook and actions are, in a way, beyond their control. In that way, both Megaman and Lucas must try to stop their brothers, which is really quite a powerful thought: to have to stop, even fight, someone so closely related to you in order to preserve what is considered to be "the greater good".

Just more proof that Claus truly deserves a spot in Brawl. :bigthumbu

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He does look robotic, but it's too hard to say. I'm gonna laugh when it turns out to be Luigi. :laugh:
Luigi's sick and tired of being second best to Mario and only ending up in crappy games like Mario is Missing, where he isn't even in the title...

...and luigi's mansion

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
For as informative as today's updates were, they still weren't MOTHER-related. That makes me sad, but I 'll live. I'm predicting the next update to be...Lucas! If we get even a hint about Claus, I think it will mean that it's a done deal and Claus is a hidden character. Keep your eyes peeled for Sakurai's revelation on the DOJO; one never knows what he'll do next!

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
For as informative as today's updates were, they still weren't MOTHER-related. That makes me sad, but I 'll live. I'm predicting the next update to be...Lucas! If we get even a hint about Claus, I think it will mean that it's a done deal and Claus is a hidden character. Keep your eyes peeled for Sakurai's revelation on the DOJO; one never knows what he'll do next!
The Starmen.net insider said that the Bawl will ruin Mother 3 for Americans, cause of all the Mother 3 things that will appear. This makes me hope that both Lucas and Claus are playable. I prefer Mother 3 to Earthound, even though Ness is awesome.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Oh...if they were included it would raise interest of their inclusion like Roy

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Exactly! And with the interest in MOTHER 3 going up, so too will the chances of M3 coming stateside. It's a nice little system; we must make it work, and Sakurai can help! Lucas AND Claus for Brawl! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom