• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
A Claus sig, nice.
I'll be using it very soon.

LOL

Wipe, you confused Claus for Lucas. That's something normal, most in-game characters did the same.
ZOMG I spelled Claus, and you spelled Claus, so... I finally spelled it right c\m/

So it's Lucas, either way, you think you could show the pic? It's just so similar, it's crazy.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
I've never played the game, but he looks like a really interesting character. I'm not praying that he gets in (like I am with Toad), but I think it would be pretty sweet if he did. And they better not change his look, he looks sweet that way.

Stryks

Smash Hero
yeah never played the game myself, but he looks pretty cool so im just hopin he makes it, bet he would have a good moveset...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
While I see the resemblence you mention I still have to say that, since Mother 3 never came to the states, it's probably just a coincidence.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Aside from Stryks' sig, some small add-ons would rock Claus' appearance.

About Foster's, there's more than just a Lucas "clone":

MOTHER of 64- MOTHER3 was EarthBound 64, meaning that EarthBound=MOTHER.

The Kid, he's literally Lucas without PSI, and look very alike, in the end of the episode he gets an imaginary friend, since he wanted someone to play with.

Flint

Smash Rookie
What with the huge Spoiler on the very first place and no warning in the title, If we have some TP character submission rules they should also be applied to other games (like Mother 3 in this case) what if Mario Galaxy comes out first and there is a big last boss surprise, I don´t want to get spoiled either , so please avoid posting spoilerific pictures and or suggestive tread titles (Im looking to you Original Midna for brawl tread...)

_clinton

Smash Master
Claus would be sweet. He is the number one Mother character I want in SSBB. (Over all I think he is better then Ness and Lucas and could totally take them, well maybe not both of them) Next would be Paula and Poo then Jeff, Duster, or Kumatora (that'a how you spell her name right :laugh: ) Over all the Most of the Mother Characters would be good because we all know that all of them could fight. How about Teddy?

Most Powerful Mother Character IMO yes this is just a very PK list ok maybe I give Claus to much credit.

Claus
Ness
Kumatora
Lucas
Paula
Ana
Poo
Ninten
Jeff
Duster
Teddy
Loid
Boney

maybe I should give Loid more Credit as Well as Jeff because I do like Jeff a lot

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Besides Claus, there are like 3 or 4 MOTHER characters I'd like to see in Brawl:

Ness(older please) + Ninten palette swap
Jeff (Bottle Rockets FTW!)
Poo or Paula
Lucas(we need him, eventually)
Claus(he's different compared to Ness or Lucas)

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Time to edit(I wanted to bump)

Lucas is similar to Ness, almost the same PSI(PK) powers, almost the same weapons and they look kinda similar(clothing style).

I'd personally would like Lucas to replace Ness, that way more MOTHER3 characters can come in, but that would leave Jeff and Poo out, maybe.

To point out the fanart below, Ness' age in EarthBound was 13, so he should look like a teenager and not like the kid he is on SSBM.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
I doubt that they would change Ness' appearance, it's been established with two smash games already, and his style reflexs how he looks in the game. Imagine if they made Mario, Wario, and Luigi super-realistic... Yeah, that wouldn't be a good idea. Sure it's possible, I mean we were all surprized (I'm sure) when third party chars were announced for Brawl in the first place, we'll just have to wait and see.

As for Lucas and Claus for Brawl, yay, more EB//Mother chars! I'm all for it, I'd have to keep Ness as my maine of coarse (I've never played Mother 3, but I'm quite familiar with EB) and I'd definatly pick Clause as a second over what my choice atm is (Pit).

You guys are saying that Lucas and Ness are really similar, what if they just made a costume change for ness to look like Lucas (kind of like Blood Hawk and Daisy) so that they wouldnt have to work on revising Ness' or creating a moveset w/o copping Ness'.

Stryks

Smash Hero
the idea of changing ness's look aint as farfetched, I mean look at fox and pit, Uber look change right there, what u said about mario wario and luigi, well take notice that mario is nintendos #1 franchise, changing his look will probably provoque a worldwide mob of angry videogame players, now ness, sure his series is fun, but not as popular as mario, why not chnage his look a bit? the changes may actually make him more popular, making him seem more human like would actually benefit him...

I believe (If I remember correclty) that hiddentiger had an uber pwnage art of ness, with him looking more anime-ish, older and far more awesome... ill try to find the pic...

BTW: Claus FTW!...
EDIT: Deviantart FTW!:

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Well... If he looked like... that... then... then... then... then... wow... man... I... wow...

If he looked like that then I wouldn't even take a second, even if Ness was the worst character in the game... On a side note, Lucas has a chance to replace Ness altogether, I mean it almost happened in SSB64 AND SSBM, that would make me a little sad, but we'll see.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Claus NEEDS to be in this game.

Also, you realize there's a non-spoilery way for him to be in, right? Just call him Masked Man. PK Love as a final smash would be incredible, and his lightning sword of undeniable power would be extreme.

Also; if you watch the video, he attacks twice in one turn. This gives the impression that he's supremely fast.

If he got in, would he be around top tier do you think?

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
the idea of changing ness's look aint as farfetched, I mean look at fox and pit, Uber look change right there, what u said about mario wario and luigi, well take notice that mario is nintendos #1 franchise, changing his look will probably provoque a worldwide mob of angry videogame players, now ness, sure his series is fun, but not as popular as mario, why not chnage his look a bit? the changes may actually make him more popular, making him seem more human like would actually benefit him...

I believe (If I remember correclty) that hiddentiger had an uber pwnage art of ness, with him looking more anime-ish, older and far more awesome... ill try to find the pic...

BTW: Claus FTW!...
EDIT: Deviantart FTW!:

wow i would not mine playing with this ness he looks way cooler than the little short stock now lol lets keep him :laugh:

Fawriel

Smash Master

"Q: Why does it say MOTHER on this item?
A: Is there anything WRONG with having an item that says that?"

Aww shucks, Saki, you don't have to so secretive. ^__^

EDIT: Actually, the Franklin Badge did appear in Mother 3 as well, didn't it?

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
I doubt Claus will be playable. Ness is bound to return, he was in the previous two games after all. Why attempt to put in characters like Lucas or Claus in the game when you can have more exciting characters like Paula, Jeff, or Poo?

Why take anything away from Ness? Putting another character similar to Ness on the roster will only neglect him even more. I say give more to Ness and his game! Make Ness have a small team so he can receive some more credibility!

Hong

The Strongest

"Q: Why does it say MOTHER on this item?
A: Is there anything WRONG with having an item that says that?"

Aww shucks, Saki, you don't have to so secretive. ^__^

EDIT: Actually, the Franklin Badge did appear in Mother 3 as well, didn't it?
Franklin Badge has existed in every Mother title.
http://starmen.net/merchandise/misc/fbadge.php

This update supports the Mother series, though the Ness VS Lucas VS Claus speculation continues.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Franklin Badge has existed in every Mother title.
http://starmen.net/merchandise/misc/fbadge.php

This update supports the Mother series, though the Ness VS Lucas VS Claus speculation continues.
Well, yeah. I only posted here really because I couldn't quickly find a Ness thread.

In the end, I don't really care whether it's Ness or Claus. They're both equally interesting to me due to their Earthboundness.
But Lucas brings with him the benefits of being a new face and advertisement of his Japan-only game... I don't see the problem with replacing the two.
Hey since we're all here talking about Earthbound. Can anyone tell me where Ness's victory music came from? I can't remember where it appeared in the game. Unless its a remix of a song.

Actually where did the two Onett songs come from? I don't recall them either
I've actually been wondering that, too. I keep hearing that the default Onett theme is the "Mother theme", but I never heard it anywhere in Earthbound as far as I remember. Was it from the original game?
The alternative song is a mild version of the music that plays in Onett in the game... I think... it's been a while since I played it.

Hong

The Strongest
The victory music is a sped up version of the sound stone and the default Onett song is one of the field songs from the original Mother.

Oh, and the sweet lighthearted alternative song is played in Ness' home. It's titled "Home Sweet Home". It is also another field song in Mother.

Edit -
Sound Stone song.
After listening to this, you should be able to see where they got the victory music from.

And yeah, Earthbound is my favourite RPG. >.>

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Claus is probably my most wanted character in the game now. Robo Claus would be an awesome character and I would play as him in a second. Especially since I absolutely loved Mother 2 and have been wanting to play as a good mother character for a while. (But Ness sucks in Melee so I don't main him). I think that Lucas will probably replace Ness for two reasons. 1. Sakurai has intended to include Lucas since smash 64. 2. Ness wasn't very well received in Melee. Why not start fresh? I think we will find out next week whether Lucas or Ness will be in the game.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
My understanding is that Claus is a very minor character and didn't even do that much in the game he appeared in. I say, just give some of his unique moves to Lucas (like they did with Ness and Paula), and that would be good...(maybe a Claus costume?)

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you actually AR the game so that Claus joins your party permanently, than Claus has nearly identical stats to Lucas at 99... just stat gain is randomized...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
How would Claus not be awesome? Here my idea for a moveset.

A attacks would just be various attacks with his beam sword

B: He would shoot out a beam from his robotic arm
BDown: He would use PK Thunder but it would work more like Pikachu's thunder but it would strike down in front of him.
B>: He would throw a Pig Bomb
B^: He would use his Jetpack

Final Smash: He would use the final form of Psi Rockin which would attack everyone that is anywhere near him.

Taunt: Makes an emotionless battle stance or salutes.

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet
Moveset:

A,a ,a single slash, double slash, rapid slash
fair- he would smack with his robot cannon
dair- he would do the same thing as marth except he would also do a head butt
nair- vertical slash
bair- he would elbow with his robot cannon
b- one of his bombs
b> he would swing his sword around him starting from the left, and it would point upwards, right as it lands upwards, he throws a Pigbomb on the ground
b^- he would spin like mario sideways like a cartwheel and use a psi boost then a short burst of his jetpack ( during this he slashes multiple times while spinning)
b down- pk ground
B> alternate pk thunder x 2 one in front and one in back of him
throws
claus would grab people with his sword, and punch with his robotic arm
forward throw- punch them in the stomach then punch them forward with his robot arm
back throw- punchthem in the stomach then throw them under him and slash them backward
down throw- punch them in the stomach then whip them off his sword and slash them down
up throw- punch them in the stomach, spin them around like mario and then he will launch them off his sword and into the air
taunt- claus would hold his sword in the air then fold his arms and say hmmph!
final smash- Pk love omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom