• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Masked Boy/Man is the Darth Vader of Mother...he cant go back...and I am also pretty sure he has no recollection of his life as a human either...

T-major

Smash Champion
Masked Man cannot become regular Claus. However, I think they should refer to him as Claus.
yeah, and even if he could change back and forth, what purpose would it serve?

and yeah, they should refer to him as Claus. also, I think it would be cool if they had an alt costume of him without his helmet... I mean, if they're using his real name, it's not like it would spoil his identity...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I support this guy/kid he looks badass for a kid. Come on wings... a sword.. a buster... dear god, it's Mega meta knight V 2.0

T-major

Smash Champion
Off topic: Does anyone know where to get Mother 3 music? I don't want to have to Youtube, everytime I wanna hear some cool tunes.
thats what I'd like to know. Mother 3 has awesome music, but it's nowhere to be found outside of the game D: Galbadia Hotel doesn't even have them; and they have a HELL of a lot of Game music... there aren't even a fair amount of remixes! DDDDDDD:

GenG

Smash Lord
I have both MOTHER 3+ and MOTHER 3i, both official remix albums, and I can upload them. I have to search for them first through my dvds.

GenG

Smash Lord
Enjoy some MOTHERLY LOVE. You may have to wait between downloads.

MOTHER 3+
MOTHER 3i

Both albums contain remixed the best tracks of the game. The first one have more live-arranges and the second more medleys from various game tracks. My sure bets for Brawl are the Love Theme, Twist and Battle (better if it's the 8bit mix) and the Pig Army Theme.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

MOTHER 3+
MOTHER 3i

Both albums contain remixed the best tracks of the game. The first one have more live-arranges and the second more medleys from various game tracks. My sure bets for Brawl are the Love Theme, Twist and Battle (better if it's the 8bit mix) and the Pig Army Theme.
Never have I experienced such win from a person. I owe you one.

Also, I hope we see lots of MOTHER 3 music.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

MOTHER 3+
MOTHER 3i

Don't let JASRAC find you. It's illegal to upload that.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

MOTHER 3+
MOTHER 3i

Thank you so very much! :bigthumbu

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Claus seems like it could be a really nice addition to the roster! The only downside that I can think of is that it may as well reduce the chances of Ness returning, even with a completly new moveset...

Anyway, after Lucas was announced I got interested in Mother 3 and the story, and after reading the whole Pig Army thing, I remembered this picture from the Subspace army update:

See the pig thing attacking Samus? At first I related it with Pigma from the Starfox series, but now I think that it's more possible that it relates with the Pig Army, from Mother 3. That would fit the role of building up the story surrounding Lucas, and it may also relate to Claus as well! What do you think, Pigma or Pig Army??? Personally I'd go with Pig Army, since Sakurai has never been THAT fond with the Starfox series, also, when I played Starfox Assault I don't remember any weapon like that on Pigma's side.

So, if it is really related to the Pig Army it may mean that there's a Mother 3 boss on the game, why not adding Claus to bring up the emotions in the story? Seems OK to me :grin:

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
If claus is going to be in it, hes going to be a secret character and he wont be in a weekday update.

And @pcamtz

I think that it's neither starfox nor mother, but i still think that it would be awesome if it was mother.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh ****...I bet's the part that includes Pokey!!! Awesome, already Mother 3 stuff and we didn't even know it! Maybe Starmen.net actually know what they are talking about

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He has to make it...Like a playable character that you have to fight in Subspace...right before the boss battle with Pokey...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Characters like Claus are clearly PC material, he is going to be in, and he's not Boss material.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If claus is going to be in it, hes going to be a secret character and he wont be in a weekday update.

And @pcamtz

I think that it's neither starfox nor mother, but i still think that it would be awesome if it was mother.
Agreed. It's sad to know that we won't be seeing Claus before the game's release, but we can take solace in the fact that Sakurai will eventually update about all of the characters, default and secret alike. :)

Oh ****...I bet's the part that includes Pokey!!! Awesome, already Mother 3 stuff and we didn't even know it! Maybe Starmen.net actually know what they are talking about
I definitely trust Starmen.net, and you should, too. ;)

Characters like Claus are clearly PC material, he is going to be in, and he's not Boss material.
You know, I was kind of thinking the same thing. Claus' role in the story is too important, too moving to be a simple boss character.

GenG

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a translation of The Pig Kings diatribe during the final battle.
Here:

GO THROUGH THE DOOR, DOWN THE HALL, RIDE THE BOAT AND CLIMB THE STAIRS.

Pokey: The beginning of the end. The end of everything. Let's just get
along. I'm Pokey. Really I'm just a nice little boy. Please be
nicer to me. Please talk to me like we are friends. (YES/NO)
Thank you. But...really...you are...in my way.

FIGHT THE POKEY ROBOTS.

DCMC APPEAR AND HELP OUT.

"Patch jumps in front."

Patch: Dondagossa! This is the climax of the drama which means it's time
for to lazy ones to start pulling their weight.

"Shimmy Zumizu jumps in front."

Shimmy: Pokey, you tried to use us to brainwash everyone here. But, I'm
gonna bust your plans!

"Magic jumps in front."

Magic: Pokey!! I won't let you get away with this!!

"OJ jumps in front."

OJ: This is payback for all you've done!

AFTER THE BATTLE, FLINT ENTERS.

Flint: Boney, here boy. Lucas, it's time.

Wes: Have you closed in on the enemy? Have I been dragged into this? I
guess it doesn't matter. Hi, Duster.

Pokey: Uh-hum. Come forward a little more and let me see your face. Ah, so
that's what you look like. It was I who called you here. I, the
traveler in both times future and past. I am smarter than anyone
else. I am more charming than anyone else. And, I am better at
pulling pranks than anyone else. Me, Pokey Minch. Ladies and
gentlemen, survivors of the old world, welcome.

*Cough* *Cough* So you humans wouldn't make all the same mistakes
again, you erased your memories and tried to create a new world.
Are you complete idiots? No matter how much you revise the rules,
no matter how much you try to grin and bear it, humans are cursed
to do the same bad and stupid things. We strangle ourselves. And
this brings the ruin. If you could just accept my glorious,
heroic filled idea and follow me, you would find happiness. *cough*
Why do you even attempt to live with that tiny brain, pitiful body,
weak spirit, and the floundering and struggle? The time has come to
drop the curtain on your little monkey show. The time has also come
for me to take the power of all power. Everything up to this point
has happened exactly as I have for seen it. There is no way that I
will not succeed. Hehehee. Ahahahahaahah. *cough* *cough* Until
now you have been part of a game, and I have allowed you various
triumphs. I was extremely bored and needed a game with a little
thrill to it. My slave...my lifeless son, will remove the final
needle. This will awaken the dragon and the world be as I think
it to be. I'm assuming that when the moment comes you idiots will
all disappear like garbage or dust. Ahaahaha. I'll be a little
lonely, I concede. But if this doesn't happen I will be crushed
under the weight of my own boredom. Got it? This the sadness
of one who becomes like a god.

I know how you, with your idiot plays, love great timing. The
seventh needle has been discovered in the underground below this
spot.

PROFESSOR ANDONUTS ENTERS

Professor Andonuts: I refuse to cooperate with you anymore!

Pokey: Ha..Ha...Hahahahahah!! Lucas, you also want to remove the needle,
don't you? How about going and seeing is you can? I'm telling you
everything fair and square. It'll add some more excitement to
the game. I'm taking a headstart, though. And I'm taking the
shortcut. If you think you can follow me, be my guest. The elevator
is yours to use as you please.

GO UNTIL YOU MEET UP WITH POKEY AGAIN.

Pokey: St-st-st-st-stop!!! This is no time for games. I won't let you
go any further. Don't worry about the needle. My cute little
monster is headed to the needle as we speak. ....hmmm? It's name
is Claus? My little monster had the name Claus? That's just
like a human name. However, now he's my robot. There's no shard of
life left in him. He listens to anything I say, my slave robot.
Only my will moves him. My double. He doesn't have any idea you
even exist. *cough* *cough*

FIGHT POKEY.

DURING THE FIGHT...

Pokey: I'll let you in on a little secret. No matter how much you attack
me, I'm not going to die. Even if you manage to knock me down,
I will not die. Didn't you know that?

I have traveled countless times through both time and space. So,
I haven't been able to age like a normal human would. I might be
1000 years old, or even maybe 10000 years old, but my brain is
still in it's childhood. Is it strange? It is strange. Don't laugh.
*cough* *cough* Don't laugh at me!

If the dragon awakes and everything is destroyed, that means all
living things will disappear. Ahhahaha. Ahahahaha. *Cough*
I'll still be alive, though. Just me and the dragon and the wide
open world. Remember that. I am eternal. I'll watch the end of the
world for you when you're gone. The world that exists after everyone
who hates me is dead.

Thank you for playing with me all this time. I'm not such a bad
guy, am I?

I won't die. I won't die. I lose to no one. However, the energy in
my machine seems to have run out. Lucas, don't think that you've
won. I'm evacuating in to my "Absolutely Safe Capsule". Once I
am in the capsule, your attacks will have no effect. You are
probably thinking that there is no such thing as "absolute". I
assure you there is. I tricked Professor Andonuts and the Mr.
Saturns in to making this capsule.

"Pokey has shut himself in the Absolutely Safe Capsule."
And that's it. Pretty awesome villain, possibly the best among Nintendo, although they made him too FFistic
(inmortal, despising the human race, beyond time and space, etc.)
in MOTHER 3. But they managed to mix that overused FFistic side with the usual quirkiness.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Here:

And that's it. Pretty awesome villain, possibly the best among Nintendo, although they made him too FFistic
(inmortal, despising the human race, beyond time and space, etc.)
in MOTHER 3. But they managed to mix that overused FFistic side with the usual quirkiness.
Wow. Pokey is my favorite Nintendo villain. That speech out does the one in Earthbound. Do you have any idea about the details of the Pig Army? How did Pokey get to command them? Are they pigs, or humans in disguise?

GenG

Smash Lord
Wow. Pokey is my favorite Nintendo villain. That speech out does the one in Earthbound. Do you have any idea about the details of the Pig Army? How did Pokey get to command them? Are they pigs, or humans in disguise?
The Pig Army are brainwashed people dressed like pigs, simbolizing capitalism and consumism. They went to isolated and peaceful places and tried to brainwash people using TVs and other modern things. It was kind of message against globalization. The ultimate goal was to try to move the more people as possible to New Pork City and make it larger. Why? Well, it's a long story.

After MOTHER 2, Pokey used the Big Mech Spider to travel in time. He was banned from many times for defying mankind and allying with Giygas. He traveled so many times that his body got stuck in an age, and in MOTHER 3 he says he could be more than 10000 years old. However, one of the existing timelines didn't ban him, that was the MOTHER 3 timeline.

In that particular timeline, world was remade by some people after the previous civilization (possibly the actual civilization as was pictured in MOTHER 2) came to an end. The reasons aren't clear but could be war, over dependance on technology or any other post apocaliptic reason out there. So a group of people built a white spaceship with the last survivors and when to an isolated island to start again civilization. That island was Nowhere Island. All people in that ship except one or two were brainwashed to believe that they born in Nowhere Island to not repeat the mistakes of the past. Lucas and Claus where also in that ship. They both were the ones to pull the Sacred Spikes and awake the Dark Dragon, who then would recreate the present to the will of the one who pulled most spikes. But they didn't knew about that of course.

All right... when Pokey came to this era, he felt lonely. Even if he had a godly body, he has the mind of a child, missing his toys, his friends, his home. So he brainwashed people to form an army of pig masks (Pokey was named Porkey in Japanese, so the relation is obvious) to build a giant city like those from his time and filled it with things who reminded him of when he was in Onett. That's why you can see a lot of stuff from other MOTHER games in New Pork Town. This city was Pokey's own Noah's Arc for the things to come.

Pokey learned about the legend of the Dark Dragon from one of the Magypsies, guardians of the spikes. Claus was found unconscious near Tazmily Village by the Pig Army, and sent to Pokey. Then he brainwashed him and made him to pull the Sacred Spikes in a race against Lucas. He wanted to recreate the world as his pleasure. But Lucas defeated Claus and pulled off the last Sacred Spike.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
The Pig Army are brainwashed people dressed like pigs, simbolizing capitalism and consumism. They went to isolated and peaceful places and tried to brainwash people using TVs and other modern things. It was kind of message against globalization. The ultimate goal was to try to move the more people as possible to New Pork City and make it larger. Why? Well, it's a long story.

After MOTHER 2, Pokey used the Big Mech Spider to travel in time. He was banned from many times for defying mankind and allying with Giygas. He traveled so many times that his body got stuck in an age, and in MOTHER 3 he says he could be more than 10000 years old. However, one of the existing timelines didn't ban him, that was the MOTHER 3 timeline.

In that particular timeline, world was remade by some people after the previous civilization (possibly the actual civilization as was pictured in MOTHER 2) came to an end. The reasons aren't clear but could be war, over dependance on technology or any other post apocaliptic reason out there. So a group of people built a white spaceship with the last survivors and when to an isolated island to start again civilization. That island was Nowhere Island. All people in that ship except one or two were brainwashed to believe that they born in Nowhere Island to not repeat the mistakes of the past. Lucas and Claus where also in that ship. They both were the ones to pull the Sacred Spikes and awake the Dark Dragon, who then would recreate the present to the will of the one who pulled most spikes. But they didn't knew about that of course.

All right... when Pokey came to this era, he felt lonely. Even if he had a godly body, he has the mind of a child, missing his toys, his friends, his home. So he brainwashed people to form an army of pig masks (Pokey was named Porkey in Japanese, so the relation is obvious) to build a giant city like those from his time and filled it with things who reminded him of when he was in Onett. That's why you can't see a lot of stuff from other MOTHER games in New Pork Town. This city was Pokey's own Noah's Arc for the things to come.

Pokey learned about the legend of the Dark Dragon from one of the Magypsies, guardians of the spikes. Claus was found unconscious near Tazmily Village by the Pig Army, and sent to Pokey. Then he brainwashed him and made him to pull the Sacred Spikes in a race against Lucas. He wanted to recreate the world as his pleasure. But Lucas defeated Claus and pulled off the last Sacred Spike.
Phew. Thank you sir. I know it took a while to type that up, and I apreciate it very much. I hope we see a good amount of this play out in Brawl.
Starmen.net said that New Pork City would be a level. I trust thier sources.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Phew. Thank you sir. I know it took a while to type that up, and I apreciate it very much. I hope we see a good amount of this play out in Brawl.
Starmen.net said that New Pork City would be a level. I trust thier sources.
I'm still mad at the fact that they are denying claus's chances to be in. All I hear from them is that
pokey will be the only surprise and that claus will have no appearence what-so-ever.
Thats really pathetic :ohwell:

T-major

Smash Champion
ok... I'm not highlighting any of that! I'm done with Mother 3 spoilers! D:

and yeah, denying Claus' chances is ridiculous. he's too important to not be included, and he's to much of a perfect character to only be a boss...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hopefully tomorrow will be that special day that claus will make it into brawl and claus fans can remember 10/9/07
I wish! We won't see Claus for a while--at least until the game's release.

I'm still mad at the fact that they are denying claus's chances to be in. All I hear from them is that
pokey will be the only surprise and that claus will have no appearence what-so-ever.
Thats really pathetic :ohwell:
When did they say that? They never said that he would be the only surprise, just that he would appear in the game in the first place and be a surprise. Just because they didn't receive / provide any information on Claus doesn't mean that he will not appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom