• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*Pops Ouendanation's head*
Unlike you guys, I never gave up hope! But let's not get off topic.
Who would voice Claus?
Claus is mute...But maybe grunts by the same actor as Lucas...but maybe sounding deeper or more robotic

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's up with all this clans poppin up everywhere?
I waited MONTH(S?) after the S.S.S. to create the Geno Alliance...

Then it just started springing up everywhere

Shuma

Smash Hero
We should have patented the club thing when we created R.I.D.L.E.Y, soon enough Naruto will have a club, Pirate command spare us of that aberration.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Thanks, is nice to see Claus gets support hopefully he'll get confirmed soon, so we can all rejoice from Ness's deconfirmation.
In my opinion I think Claus may of already been confirmed due to Thursday's update. I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a fan cuz I don't like or hate him. But I'm just saying how people have been sayin awww d@mn I thought we were already going to get another character announcment this week or whatever, but I think we did. I mean sure Sakuari didn't offically announce him or post any screen shots of Claus or anything like that. But I think he wanted to give us a character update in a different way this week. So by deconfirming Ness on thurday(Please don't argue with me about Ness if your still in denial...He's gone alright) I think that was his way of saying Claus is in because I actaully think MOTHER will get atleast 2 reps this time around in Smash. I mean I'll be suprised if MOTHER didn't get a 2nd rep. But Claus seems to be the more wanted character compared to the rest in the MOTHER series. How do I know well because I ain't going to lie I have NEVER EVER played MOTHER. Not one. $hit I never even knew who Ness was until SSB64. But my point being Claus is most likely in and 2nd we did get a character announcement this week,some just didn't catch it. But I mean for all I know Claus's offical announcment can be next month. But I say he's confirmed,just not offically posted with a pick off him raising hell on other brawlers in some pics on the DOJO website.

Anyone agree with what I'm saying? (By the way my bad for writing too much, but I want you to respond to this.)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The morons at nsider2 think sakurai is going to give ness a new moveset x_X Those people are just wierd...Anyhow the poll suggestion ones show how many times they were suggested (The list where claus was twice.) And his journal has what he thinks about them (Where claus was listed 4 times if i stand corrected.) And Pokemon trainer And lucas where mentioned in the journal once as opposed to lucas was mentioned in an interview with sakurai :p.
Practically every character newcomer so far has had journal entries , Anyhow this means that sakurai at least has been backing up claus quite a bit more than we think <_< (I Really want him playable ^_^.)
As to voice acting i'm not sure...Sakurai and his team can find one i think.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm starting to think Claus will be an unlockable and probably won't be revealed on the site before release. Anyone else agree?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm starting to think Claus will be an unlockable and probably won't be revealed on the site before release. Anyone else agree?
Well kirby might even have all of his characters starters for all we now...:laugh:...
I Wonder how you would unlock him , Something lame like "PLAY ALTOGETHER TWO HOURS ON NEW PORK CITY ZOMGZOMGZOMG" ? Meh...SSe ? Maybe , Anyhow i really want him in still...Id Laugh my self off so much if he's a starter XD.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well kirby might even have all of his characters starters for all we now...:laugh:...
I Wonder how you would unlock him , Something lame like "PLAY ALTOGETHER TWO HOURS ON NEW PORK CITY ZOMGZOMGZOMG" ? Meh...SSe ? Maybe , Anyhow i really want him in still...Id Laugh my self off so much if he's a starter XD.
Well, would you consider any of the Kirby characters necessarily worthy of being an unlockable?

As for unlocking Claus, I would say,

1. You must beat him as a boss in the Subspace Emissary.
2. You must beat him with Lucas. Any other MOTHER character, or any other character for that manner, are not eligible for fulfilling the condition.
3. You must win on the normal difficulty.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
MOAR CLAUS LOL :p!

Well, would you consider any of the Kirby characters necessarily worthy of being an unlockable?

As for unlocking Claus, I would say,

1. You must beat him as a boss in the Subspace Emissary.
2. You must beat him with Lucas. Any other MOTHER character, or any other character for that manner, are not eligible for fulfilling the condition.
3. You must win on the normal difficulty.
Is claus really "Worthy" For being an unlockable ? Oh and i like it here better :Laughs at patheticness of nsider2: Like they kept saying "OLOL I WAS BREATHING UP UNTIL NOW AND I STILL AM" "Ness is moar important to the series." My gosh...If the update was called "Ness is out , Say goodbye" People still wouldn't belive it there...I Have some ideas for it(Unlocking claus.).

1.)Event match , Maybe something where you team up with 2 or one person against claus or so ?
2.)SSE <_<.
3.)STARTER!!!!!!!!!!
I Like option 3 but i doubt it will happen :/ , Maybe event match (Assuming if they are back :p.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is claus really "Worthy" For being an unlockable ? Oh and i like it here better :Laughs at patheticness of nsider2: Like they kept saying "OLOL I WAS BREATHING UP UNTIL NOW AND I STILL AM" "Ness is moar important to the series." My gosh...If the update was called "Ness is out , Say goodbye" People still wouldn't belive it there...I Have some ideas for it(Unlocking claus.).

1.)Event match , Maybe something where you team up with 2 or one person against claus or so ?
2.)SSE <_<.
3.)STARTER!!!!!!!!!!
I Like option 3 but i doubt it will happen :/ , Maybe event match (Assuming if they are back :p.)
1. Why would it involve teaming up with one or more people? The final battle in MOTHER 3 is just him and Lucas. I would like to see something accurate for once.
2. Still think this is the best. Chances are characters like Ridley will be unlockable through this. Heck, you might actually need Claus unlockable in order to progress.
3. I find that disappointing.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
1. Why would it involve teaming up with one or more people? The final battle in MOTHER 3 is just him and Lucas. I would like to see something accurate for once.
2. Still think this is the best. Chances are characters like Ridley will be unlockable through this. Heck, you might actually need Claus unlockable in order to progress.
3. I find that disappointing.
1.)Cuz sakurai can , Why does the hyrule match involve zelda and link vs ganond..oh wait...Meh that would be cool still :p .. I Can imagine something like lucas diddy and Olmair teaming up on claus o_O.
2.)for all we now the SSE Could have to be the method for having nobody or everybody unlocked at this point :p.
3.)I Don't see how but everyone has there opinions.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1.)Cuz sakurai can , Why does the hyrule match involve zelda and link vs ganond..oh wait...Meh that would be cool still :p .. I Can imagine something like lucas diddy and Olmair teaming up on claus o_O.
Well, Zelda does her share in that battle in OOT but not as much as she does in Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. If anyone is going to team up with Lucas, it'll be Kumatora, Duster, or both if we're extremely lucky.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, Zelda does her share in that battle in OOT but not as much as she does in Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. If anyone is going to team up with Lucas, it'll be Kumatora, Duster, or both if we're extremely lucky.
ORLY ? D: , Anyhow that's why i said the "...oh wait..." Anyhow i think lucas at least deserves a teammate for it but it would still be a cool battle...The two boy's fighting at new pork city :p!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ORLY ? D: , Anyhow that's why i said the "...oh wait..." Anyhow i think lucas at least deserves a teammate for it but it would still be a cool battle...The two boy's fighting at new pork city :p!
Don't you think they should fight somewhere a little more appropriate like that Cave of the Past (is that what it's called) at the end.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Don't you think they should fight somewhere a little more appropriate like that Cave of the Past (is that what it's called) at the end.
I Have a better idea, Them fighting at yoshi's island :laugh:!
Anyhow What if Cave of the past isn't a stage ? Just saying.(There could still be stage specific's through , One's only used for event matches :p.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I Have a better idea, Them fighting at yoshi's island :laugh:!
Anyhow What if Cave of the past isn't a stage ? Just saying.(There could still be stage specific's through , One's only used for event matches :p.)
Well, maybe it could be a stage. It could reference every other MOTHER game. Anyway, I doubt they'll make a stage specifically for Event Match, that's SSE's field.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If he's playable we'll know before the release date. Sakurai has said he wants to reveal the roster himself.

Some undoubtedly unlockable characters have already been show; Sonic and Snake. Having all three Kirby characters as starters is highly unlikely as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If he's playable we'll know before the release date. Sakurai has said he wants to reveal the roster himself.

Some undoubtedly unlockable characters have already been show; Sonic and Snake. Having all three Kirby characters as starters is highly unlikely as well.
From Samurai Panda's translation

#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done).

So really, every character revealed up to then except the third partiy characters are all on the default roster assuming he repeats what he did last time.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, maybe it could be a stage. It could reference every other MOTHER game. Anyway, I doubt they'll make a stage specifically for Event Match, that's SSE's field.
ORLY ? Yeah they probably won't :p, I Hope claus is in still :chuckle: I REALLY Want him in...Heck i don't mind if the method to unlock him is playing on New pork city for a minute :p... Anyhow wow we have been talking about this a lot ;) I Really want claus to be revealed soon if he's in :Gets excited:.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
ORLY ? Yeah they probably won't :p, I Hope claus is in still :chuckle: I REALLY Want him in...Heck i don't mind if the method to unlock him is playing on New pork city for a minute :p... Anyhow wow we have been talking about this a lot ;) I Really want claus to be revealed soon if he's in :Gets excited:.
I want him revealed soon but I want youknowwho revealed before he gets revealed. That way, my fears can die.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
From Samurai Panda's translation

#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done).

So really, every character revealed up to then except the third partiy characters are all on the default roster assuming he repeats what he did last time.
Did I say anything otherwise than that quote? :ohwell:

I'm not sure exactly who will be unlockable other than Snake and Sonic. Having Lucas as unlockable would be weird, don't you think? Not having a Mother rep from the start.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Did I say anything otherwise than that quote? :ohwell:

I'm not sure exactly who will be unlockable other than Snake and Sonic. Having Lucas as unlockable would be weird, don't you think? Not having a Mother rep from the start.
I interpreted that you were saying the entire roster was going to be revealed before release.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I don't know why Sakurai would choose to revel the Unlockables after January 24th. At the rate we're going at just now, it seems more likely that he'll do that. I don't know why though, that just basically ruins the point of the Dojo.

Though I doubt he will, what with Sonic, Snake and Dedede being on there.

Anyhoo,

Claus's chances are extremely high. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a Character Update on him sooner or later. :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, maybe he wants every character to profiled at one point.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm sorry I just can't believe all three Kirby reps are starters. At least King Dedede will be unlockable. I'd bet on it.

Things have changed, and the release date has changed a few months later. I can see the way he planned on revealing things changing as well.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't know why Sakurai would choose to revel the Unlockables after January 24th. At the rate we're going at just now, it seems more likely that he'll do that. I don't know why though, that just basically ruins the point of the Dojo.

Though I doubt he will, what with Sonic, Snake and Dedede being on there.

Anyhoo,

Claus's chances are extremely high. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a Character Update on him sooner or later. :)
That's the part i'm scared of , I WANTZ HIM TO BE LEAKED LOLZ.(I'm worried that he won't be in , But he most likely will <_<.)

Yep, her. I've chosen to mention her in any thread as little as possible unless someone brings it up.

BTW, the journal is here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72642&highlight=Samurai+Panda
Err about kuta...Only if mother get's 3 reps , I Want mai claus first :laugh:.
I Only support one female for brawl ... It's michiah ... o_o.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Err about kuta...Only if mother get's 3 reps , I Want mai claus first :laugh:.
I Only support one female for brawl ... It's michiah ... o_o.
And I want my Kuma first. BTW, my name was not influenced by her in anyway in case you're wondering.
Wow, not even Krystal or do you have enough faith to the point she doesn't need support?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
And I want my Kuma first. BTW, my name was not influenced by her in anyway in case you're wondering.
Wow, not even Krystal or do you have enough faith to the point she doesn't need support?
Why support someone who is most likely in :laugh: ? Besides i don't mind if krystal or midna make the cut but i want mai michiah :laugh:.
Anyhow about kuta with all the appreciation sakurai has for claus and lucas i'm not feeling so confident about kutamora being in...But she still has a chance =P.
And wow that's interesting about your name not being influenced by here O: .

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why support someone who is most likely in :laugh: ? Besides i don't mind if krystal or midna make the cut but i want mai michiah :laugh:.
Anyhow about kuta with all the appreciation sakurai has for claus and lucas i'm not feeling so confident about kutamora being in...But she still has a chance =P.
And wow that's interesting about your name not being influenced by here O: .
Does he necessarily appreciate them because I thought it was just the amount of times they were suggested.

Yeah, my name on NSider was Kumamon (I was a digimon fan at the time I made that name back in 2003 and I didn't bother to change it.). My other aliases have become Kuma, KumaOso, and Kumatora.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Does he necessarily appreciate them because I thought it was just the amount of times they were suggested.

Yeah, my name on NSider was Kumamon (I was a digimon fan at the time I made that name back in 2003 and I didn't bother to change it.). My other aliases have become Kuma, KumaOso, and Kumatora.
Claus's four journal entries is close to the likes of ridley and diddy while kuma..Still kuma would be interesting :)..But i think claus has the upper hand..Why?
CUZ MARIO HAS HIS BROTHER OLOL SO LUCAS HAS TO HAVE HIS! <- Nsider2's logic.
Kidding of course :laugh: , I Didn't now you where on the original nsider :p I See.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Claus's four journal entries is close to the likes of ridley and diddy while kuma..Still kuma would be interesting :)..But i think claus has the upper hand..Why?
CUZ MARIO HAS HIS BROTHER OLOL SO LUCAS HAS TO HAVE HIS! <- Nsider2's logic.
Kidding of course :laugh: , I Didn't now you where on the original nsider :p I See.
One of the few things that keeps my hope alive was that she was mentioned on the poll once.

Also, that logic is absolutely terrible and it kinda treats the two like a set of dolls.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
One of the few things that keeps my hope alive was that she was mentioned on the poll once.

Also, that logic is absolutely terrible and it kinda treats the two like a set of dolls.
You have yet to see nsider2...Tons of people on Lucas's DO DAY Said that ness could be easily luigified :chuckle:.
As for kumatora i REALLY Doubt her with all claus has going for him but still you never now...Sakurai can pull a fast one on us :p.
Here's nsider2's Logic:
-UP Until now could mean anything , My cat was breathing up until now.
Ness is part of the original 12 , Sakurai said in his journal that all the original 12 would return.
Luigifieing for ness is very possible-
One word to describe em all:"HOPELESS.":p , Anyhow they are seriously :p (Which is why i like it here more.) Still you can keep hoping for kumatora..If it makes you feel any better i'll root for her also ^_^!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You have yet to see nsider2...Tons of people on Lucas's DO DAY Said that ness could be easily luigified :chuckle:.
As for kumatora i REALLY Doubt her with all claus has going for him but still you never now...Sakurai can pull a fast one on us :p.
Here's nsider2's Logic:
-UP Until now could mean anything , My cat was breathing up until now.
Ness is part of the original 12 , Sakurai said in his journal that all the original 12 would return.
Luigifieing for ness is very possible-
One word to describe em all:"HOPELESS.":p , Anyhow they are seriously :p (Which is why i like it here more.) Still you can keep hoping for kumatora..If it makes you feel any better i'll root for her also ^_^!
Actually, it's doable to Luigify Ness but we know that only Kuma is the only getting that treatment at this point. You don't have to support if you don't want to.

Anyway, way back to Claus. Does anyone get the feeling that he's made up of the following:

1 Gallon of Meta Knight.
2 Cups of Samus
1 Tablespoon of Lucas

and put in the freezer for 3 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom