• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Man, a Masked Man (Claus) club. Can I join for the cause of supporting the most awesome second rep for the Mother series ever.
All of you- Yes, you can join, but just put the banner in my sig in yours. To make it a link to this topic, look back a page or two.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, want to join?
Certainly. Initially, I felt he wouldn't make it in because of spoilers but my mind has changed regarding him getting in. Although, remember that I won't be a full-time supporter. KT and Tom Nook are my highest concerns.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Actually, I think Lucas and Claus were only mentioned twice each.
I Meant his journal , His journal was where he commented on suggestions :Goes to dig it up:
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries) <- Likely.
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries) <- Confirmed.
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries) <- Likely.
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries) <- Likely.
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries) < Confirmed.
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries) <- Err lol ?
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries) <- Likely.
Anyhow those are all the suggestions sakurai comments on (The ones that have More than 3 entries.) So claus does have sakurai's and staff's interest backed up ^_^!
Anyhow i'm still rooting for him ^_^!
Oh and lol at nsider2...A couple of people are saying that ness being a luigified clone of lucas is very possible , Those people there...Most of em are hopeless :/.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Initially, I felt he wouldn't make it in because of spoilers
To be honest, if that was the case, why is the cyborg ninja called Gray Fox? I mean, that's like, one of the biggest spoilers in the whole series. I know you may not think that anymore, but I just felt like stating that.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To be honest, if that was the case, why is the cyborg ninja called Gray Fox? I mean, that's like, one of the biggest spoilers in the whole series. I know you may not think that anymore, but I just felt like stating that.
From an old perspective, I would say that it's because he was known more than Claus and by now, Gray Fox would be more like an open spoiler at least in comparison to Claus.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
It says his real name on the dojo @_@.. I think. But I've never played MGS, so I really have idea idea what I'm talking about.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
From an old perspective, I would say that it's because he was known more than Claus and by now, Gray Fox would be more like an open spoiler at least in comparison to Claus.
Well, yeah, but still. A spoiler is a spoiler, no matter how old it is. I know a lot of people probably have never played a MGS game when they saw Gray Fox and figured, "Hey, cool, another Metal Gear character." But if, say, someone, like, started to play MGS and saw the update, only knowing at the character is called "the ninja" in the game, would be spoiled that he's really Gray Fox, who was Snake's closest friend that supposedly died in the original Metal Gear (or the second one, I'm not sure).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I Meant his journal , His journal was where he commented on suggestions :Goes to dig it up:
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries) <- Likely.
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries) <- Confirmed.
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries) <- Likely.
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries) <- Likely.
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries) < Confirmed.
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries) <- Err lol ?
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries) <- Likely.
Anyhow those are all the suggestions sakurai comments on (The ones that have More than 3 entries.) So claus does have sakurai's and staff's interest backed up ^_^!
Anyhow i'm still rooting for him ^_^!
Oh and lol at nsider2...A couple of people are saying that ness being a luigified clone of lucas is very possible , Those people there...Most of em are hopeless :/.
This is confusing because this is one of the 2...

Someone once proved that Geno did get 5 mentions so this one MAY be right...

But then, that means the person that posted the sticky got it incorrect...

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
From the sticky
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Kuma is right, Both of the Mother 3 twins have been mentioned twice at least.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
From the sticky
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Yes, but the other one is going around as well, I think we need an official link or something because someone once posted all the Geno mentions and he did indeed have 5

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I think that's an error. Look up at the sticky and the twins are mentioned twice each.
1.)Actually the thing is that Assist trophy's don't get noticed as much...Still if sakurai wants them in he will put them.
2.)I'll explain:
You see during the poll's those where the ones that people commented on (I Think i have most everything correct here.) And sakurai commented on LOADS Of them and put it in his journal , Everytime his staff and him thought a character was interesting they stickied it (The one your talking about is the poll results i think or how many times people suggested a character.) Anyhow HERE Is the full list:

*Side note: this does not guarentee that the following characters will be in the game but it does show that Sakurai and his staff have more then a passing interest in them.*

Characters mentioned more then once in Sakurai's journal:

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries)
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries)
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries)
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries)
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries)
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries)
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries)
10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries)
11. Megaman (2 entries)
12. Black Shadow (F-Zero franchise) (2 entries)
13. Deimru/Deimelle (Tomato Adventure) (2 entries)
14. Jeff (Mother 2/ Earthbound) (2 entries)
15. Ray 01 (Custom Robo franchise) (2 entries)
16. King K. Rool (DK franchise) (2 entries)
17. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) (2 entries)
18. Professor Kawashima (Brain Age) (2 entries)
19. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu) (2 entries)
20. Diddy and Dixie Kong as a team (DK franchise) (2 entries)
21. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2 entries)

And teh link: http://nsider2.com/forums/Reference-Guide-Sakurai-s-jou-t3061.html
Anyhow that's it about that :p.

T-major

Smash Champion
indeed. Grey Fox really blew all these anti-spoiler shinanigins right out of the water.

Off-Topic: is your sig Beetle Borgs? if so, your the most awesome-est person ever EVER!

also, to join the "Super Happy Fun Fun Claus Army of Great Worship and Fanfare", can I make my own club user bar? or should I use the official one? we should also update the first page with more stuff.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
From the sticky
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

I don't want to sound snooty or anything, but (in your sig) they're called Pig Masks, not Masked Pig Soldiers...

(Ingame text = Pigumasuku)

whoever said:
indeed. Grey Fox really blew all these anti-spoiler shinanigins right out of the water.

Off-Topic: is your sig Beetle Borgs? if so, your the most awesome-est person ever EVER!

also, to join the "Super Happy Fun Fun Claus Army of Great Worship and Fanfare", can I make my own club user bar? or should I use the official one? we should also update the first page with more stuff.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wear the premade one.

Do any of you use mIRC/deviantART? I could make a chatroom if people do.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1.)Actually the thing is that Assist trophy's don't get noticed as much...Still if sakurai wants them in he will put them.
2.)I'll explain:
You see during the poll's those where the ones that people commented on (I Think i have most everything correct here.) And sakurai commented on LOADS Of them and put it in his journal , Everytime his staff and him thought a character was interesting they stickied it (The one your talking about is the poll results i think or how many times people suggested a character.) Anyhow HERE Is the full list:

*Side note: this does not guarentee that the following characters will be in the game but it does show that Sakurai and his staff have more then a passing interest in them.*

Characters mentioned more then once in Sakurai's journal:

1. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (5 entries)
2. King Dedede (Kirby franchise) (5 entries)
3. Krystal (Star Fox franchise) (4 entries)
4. Ridley (Metroid franchise) (4 entries)
5. Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) (4 entries)
6. Claus (Mother 3) (4 entries)
7. Diddy Kong (DK franchise) (4 entries)
8. Takamaru (The Mystery of Murasume's Castle) (3 entries)
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing franchise) (3 entries)
10. Captain Olimar (Pikmin franchise) (3 entries)
11. Megaman (2 entries)
12. Black Shadow (F-Zero franchise) (2 entries)
13. Deimru/Deimelle (Tomato Adventure) (2 entries)
14. Jeff (Mother 2/ Earthbound) (2 entries)
15. Ray 01 (Custom Robo franchise) (2 entries)
16. King K. Rool (DK franchise) (2 entries)
17. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight) (2 entries)
18. Professor Kawashima (Brain Age) (2 entries)
19. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu) (2 entries)
20. Diddy and Dixie Kong as a team (DK franchise) (2 entries)
21. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2 entries)

And teh link: http://nsider2.com/forums/Reference-Guide-Sakurai-s-jou-t3061.html
Anyhow that's it about that :p.
Why isn't Lucas in that group?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
This is confusing because this is one of the 2...

Someone once proved that Geno did get 5 mentions so this one MAY be right...

But then, that means the person that posted the sticky got it incorrect...

Urgg i'm not getting this , THAT One was based on what fans wanted (The sticky topic's and how much they suggested them.) THIS One is the journal o_O ( I think.) It's a tad bit wierd...Anyhow let's still hope claus is in.

Claus FTW :p.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Urgg i'm not getting this , THAT One was based on what fans wanted (The sticky topic's and how much they suggested them.) THIS One is the journal o_O ( I think.) It's a tad bit wierd...Anyhow let's still hope claus is in.

Claus FTW :p.
Which one is right, Geno with 5 or Geno with 4?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Why isn't Lucas in that group?
He was mentioned in an interview like with 7 other characters :laugh: (It's all in the pinned topic i linked.) Anyhow let me get all the characters sakurai has mentioned...IN INTERVIEWS! XD.
Characters Sakurai has mentioned in interviews:

1. Lip (Panel de Pon)
2. Lolo (Adventures of Lolo/ Kirby franchise)
3. Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)
4. the Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
5. Sonic
6. Little Mac (Punch Out franchise)
7. Lucas (Mother 3)
8. Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu)
O: , Anyhow that's the other list...The only ones who didn't make it so high in the journal are lucas and sonic yet they made the cut.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Which one is right, Geno with 5 or Geno with 4?
By what i'm sure of the other thread was about poll's so.
Geno with 5 = Sakurai's journal.
Geno with 4 = Poll suggestions fan's asked for.
I think that's about right (I should PM Fatmanonice to get the clearification , If you post it in the geno thread you might want to take into reminder that this is only what i'm sure of now , I'll PM The creator of the Other journal topic.)
Basic point is = They both should be right...But i'm not super-sure :(.
Crud:Double post >_< , Sorry about that...First time i did that.
Anyhow the list that was not the Journal said this:the characters who were recommended multiple times are: < And that's the quote , Anyhow i think both are correct but still i'll PM The creator of the sakurai's journal topic to get things cleared up.

Deku Boy

Smash Cadet
Hmm... even after playing MOTHER3, I never really considered Claus as a candidate until this past Thursday's update, but thinking it over, Claus would make a very good character, especially if Mother was represented by just Lucas and him. The two illustrate the clash in the story so well... it would really be incredible to have the pair both in Brawl. I made up a partial moveset the other day...

STATS
Power- 4/5
Speed- 2/5
Jump- 3.5/5
Size- 2/5
Weight- 3/5

SPECIALS

Standard Special: Beam-Claus raises his right arm, which has a laser cannon on it, and fires a blue beam. The Beam has significant wind up lag and doesn't do much damage, but it has surprisingly high knockback(upwards/back). It's not good for killing opponents unless they're far off the stage and level with it, but it can be used as a good approach move, and to set up for aerial combos.

Side Special: Shield Killer-Claus dashes his hand in front of him and a short wave of yellow energy wipes across with it. If an opponent that is using any sort of shield that covers their body and this move hits them, the shield will instantly be broken, and they'll be stunned. The move has a fairly long animation, though, so if you don't break a shield, you're probably going to pay the price.

Up Special: Jet- A pair of mechanical bat-like wings extend from a pack on Claus's back, and a jet starts firing, sending him rocketing upwards for a brief period. He is damaging to other characters as he quickly rises. He can hover and descend at a slowed rate after the usage of the move with the jet until you press down on the control stick, or you touch the ground.

Down Special: PK Love-Claus brings his arms in and starts to concentrate, and charge the move. When you release it, he flings his arms outwards and sends a flurry of small hexagonal disks flying upwards from his body. The power and amount depend on how long you hold it. 2-3 seconds for full charge. The discs ascend about 1.5 times his height and start to fizzle out after that.
[Alternative move: Psycho-Counter System-Basically, a projectile form of Marth and Roy's counter. If you're hit with an attack while using the Psycho-Counter System, Claus will send a PSI projectile in the direction that the attack came from.]

Final Smash: Psychic Lightning-The stage grows dark and stormy as Claus slowly reaches for his sword. When he unsheathes it and swings it, a lightning bolt will strike and continue electrifying each opponent on the stage. The bolts will begin to converge on a single point, and possibly drag the opponents with them as they move. When they reach the same point, an explosive charge will be sent through the bolt and cause an explosion at the base. If an opponent is wearing the Franklin Badge or is protected by some other special reflection item(Gardevoir?), the Lightning will reflect back at Claus. Fox's reflector may or may not qualify for this.

I also thought that it would be really cool if Claus's intro was to ride in on a Pork-Bean, sort of to clash with Lucas riding in on the Mr Saturn Tea Table.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
I don't want to sound snooty or anything, but (in your sig) they're called Pig Masks, not Masked Pig Soldiers...

(Ingame text = Pigumasuku)

Do any of you use mIRC/deviantART? I could make a chatroom if people do.
Oh I know that, I just like Masked pig soldiers better for some reason but I'll change to Pig Masks if you want me too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh don't tell me you started a Claus group now...

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Oh I know that, I just like Masked pig soldiers better for some reason but I'll change to Pig Masks if you want me too.
There's no space in between Mask and For

Ok, now who is the Submarine Pig Mask? The purple one.
Uh... It's just an underwater pig mask. It's nothing special.

EDIT: We should totally make a clan once Brawl comes out :D... But I don't have non-56k interwab :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No. It would be pointless.

One thing has been bothering me lately if Claus is in. Should he have the mask on or not?

vesperview

Smash Hero
No. It would be pointless.

One thing has been bothering me lately if Claus is in. Should he have the mask on or not?
Yes he should.

The puprle one is the underwater one and I think it is called Navy Squeal or something to that manner
I meant in our rankings, but the purple one is just the pink one's underwater equal so I guess we won't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom