• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well...yes, but I honestly don't see that happening. I could see Claus getting in before either of them, really. Flint would probably be most likely after that, but it's still a large gap.
Actually, Kumatora has a far better chance than Flint. I'm not being biased on this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Agreed. So does Duster. But Flint would be the closest thing to Chuck Norris in Brawl.

Well, does anyone have a dialouge of what happens in the alternate ending of Mother 3 when Pokey dies?
What about Snake? He's got a beard.

T-major

Smash Champion
Remember your famous, "I ****ed your mom" post? You're no one to talk about good posts
I remember it. I also remember that I was being sarcastic, and wasn't even really taking the effort to give a decent response to your posts; so using that aganiced me isn't going to work...

You never have good arguments to back up your statements
yeah, I know. not like you and your "Isaac would be a horrible character for Brawl, because he's just a medevil version of Cloud Strife"...

and a cowboy like Flint is neither interesting nor awesome when compared to the other characters of Mother 3, end of story.
stop treating personal opinions as fact... it just makes you sound like an a$$

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Agreed. So does Duster. But Flint would be the closest thing to Chuck Norris in Brawl.

Well, does anyone have a dialouge of what happens in the alternate ending of Mother 3 when Pokey dies?

well, Duster chances kinda went very down after the picture of Lucas with Rope-Snake

also, how does that happen? (spoiler related)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I remember it. I also remember that I was being sarcastic, and wasn't even really taking the effort to give a decent response to your posts; so using that aganiced me isn't going to work...

yeah, I know. not like you and your "Isaac would be a horrible character for Brawl, because he's just a medevil version of Cloud Strife"...

stop treating personal opinions as fact... it just makes you sound like an a$$
Why is that your problem I wonder? Stop complaining about **** that has nothing to do with you, I'm ignoring you from now on, don't reply.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, pray for him not making it then lol!

Anyway, Flint is not even on the poll, there's no chance he'll make it.
You can't say the poll is a deciding factor. I have no grounds to really make that statement but you know what I mean.

BTW, the only ones on there were Lucas, Claus, and Kumatora. I'd be perfectly fine if they all represented the MOTHER series.

well, Duster chances kinda went very down after the picture of Lucas with Rope-Snake

also, how does that happen? (spoiler related)
There were some scrapped sprites found in the game where Pokey's machine glass breaks and he dies.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You can't say the poll is a deciding factor. I have no grounds to really make that statement but you know what I mean.

BTW, the only ones on there were Lucas, Claus, and Kumatora. I'd be perfectly fine if they all represented the MOTHER series.

There were some scrapped sprites found in the game where Pokey's machine glass breaks and he dies.
Duster wasn't on the poll?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Duster wasn't on the poll?
According to the list posted in that sticky, Duster was never in it. BTW, KT was only mentioned once along with Paula, Jeff, Poo, and Ninten. For some reason, Ness wasn't in it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to the list posted in that sticky, Duster was never in it. BTW, KT was only mentioned once along with Paula, Jeff, Poo, and Ninten. For some reason, Ness wasn't in it.
NO veterans were on it, of course

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok then. For some reason, I thought vets were on it. I must be thinking of the Melee poll.
Lucas and em weren't on the melee poll at all...

Ness wasn't either since he was a veteran then too

T-major

Smash Champion
these characters are fine with me.

I love Kumatora! her personality and style are just so awesome! I think Duster would have a more interesting fighting style (he attacks mainly with Kicks), but Kumatora has a better chance, and she's just so much cooler in general.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Didn't Starmen.net say that their contact said that Lucas would be the only playable Mother character? This kind of depresses me if it's true, because I want Claus so bad. He would be perfect. Yet, they have been completely right so far. I do remember Sakurai saying he wanted more Mother characters though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Didn't Starmen.net say that their contact said that Lucas would be the only playable Mother character? This kind of depresses me if it's true, because I want Claus so bad. He would be perfect. Yet, they have been completely right so far. I do remember Sakurai saying he wanted more Mother characters though.
He was only confirmed as a main character which I assume means default.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
they said the only MAIN character (Ninten, Ness, Lucas), is sad, I want Ness in Brawl :(, they can be wrong though

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think the whole starmen.net thing are just wild predictions that all in all are really not that hard to predict, is not like they said New Pork City would be first stage to make it, seriously once you have Lucas, guessing he would have a stage is really not that hard.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Ugh, what the hell people? You're all getting this wrong.

First of all, that info came straight from the site owner, reidman. Who got the info from a source he didn't reveal. On the staff forums, he also told them, beforehand, that the Franklin Badge was going to be an item and the exact date it was going to be confirmed. I highly doubt he would ever dare to lie at all, period, or spread some type of trickery. He really isn't the type of person to do that.

Yes, he is telling the truth. However, he didn't say that Lucas was going to be the only main Mother character in Brawl, he said that Lucas was going to be ONE of the main characters in Brawl, which means he'd basically be default.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
THey don't mention Claus even once in the SSBB section as even a character option...

Just Kamatora or whatever her name is...

...I don't think they like him

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I will have to play Earthbound/Mother 3 before I make any decisions, but I will admit that Claus is at least cool looking.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Luke was BANNED?!? Again?!

I was slowly beginning to achieve neutral ground with him.

And for Claus, he did come 3rd on Sakurai's poll. And didn't Starman.net say they wanted to get the Mother 3 ROM out in November to avoid spoilers from Brawl?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Luke was BANNED?!? Again?!

I was slowly beginning to achieve neutral ground with him.

And for Claus, he did come 3rd on Sakurai's poll. And didn't Starman.net say they wanted to get the Mother 3 ROM out in November to avoid spoilers from Brawl?
Pokey was a major spoiler...

But I've been going there and I still haven't read ANYTHING about Claus in the Smash section or anything...No one even mentions him...(Starmen)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm, I'm not sure they spoiled anything about Pokey.
Cause doesn't it turn out that Pokey is the bad guy?
The fact that it reveals Pokey as the bad guy in MOther 3

that's a spoiler...

...Pokey's ALWAYS the bad guy anyway

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Hm, seeing more of Claus, I'm more weary of him being in the game. He seems to be just Meta-Knight/ Earthbound character, what with the mask, sword and bat wings. *shrugs*

I would still prefer Ness overall... Maybe all three.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Hm, seeing more of Claus, I'm more weary of him being in the game. He seems to be just Meta-Knight/ Earthbound character, what with the mask, sword and bat wings. *shrugs*

I would still prefer Ness overall... Maybe all three.
..And psychic powers and gun for an arm? :ohwell:

*Rubs eyes*

I best be off to bed then. It's so late that it's 10:28am..

*Waves* Cheerio. Be back In a few hours I guess.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
..And psychic powers and gun for an arm?
Meh, considering how much mecha he's become I doubt he'd have many psychic attacks save his trademark ones like that lightning I'm assuming, and the gun for an arm, well, samus has that, and so will Megaman once he's confirmed XD

Overall though, he still looks like nothing more than a cartoony, mysterious masked swordsman. Like. . .?

Not saying he wouldn't make a good character, I guess I'm just still frazzled from Ness' current absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom