• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Oh ok I see it now, for some reason I couldn't see it before. Yeah, I don't think he could be in that form with out the helmet. Otherwise, he wouldn't look that happy.
Cause he would be dead.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it will happen, but if it does...

The happiness can not be described with mere words.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
YAY Clause!!! ohhh, i cnt find his support icon for my sig on photo bucket does someone have a link. Also i want to see hisd full body artwork.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
what happened to that thread where that guy from Starmen.net made all those predictions about the updates? I'm wondering because he also had some speculations regarding how many veterans were returning, and an approximate total character count. Can someone help me find this?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
what happened to that thread where that guy from Starmen.net made all those predictions about the updates? I'm wondering because he also had some speculations regarding how many veterans were returning, and an approximate total character count. Can someone help me find this?
They only had Mother related information

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I thought there was a post on SWF (or maybe gameFAQS) made by someone who used a connection to Starmen.net and Mother related Brawl leaks as a starting point or credability check. He then went on to say things like, "one of the original 12 will not return," and, "there will be Y amount of new franchises," or, "there will be X amount of newcomers." Doesn't that ring a bell to anyone?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I thought there was a post on SWF (or maybe gameFAQS) made by someone who used a connection to Starmen.net and Mother related Brawl leaks as a starting point or credability check. He then went on to say things like, "one of the original 12 will not return," and, "there will be Y amount of new franchises," or, "there will be X amount of newcomers." Doesn't that ring a bell to anyone?
I think that was dismissed as a fake. Anyway, most of the stuff that Starmen.net leaked was actually stuff anyone could've predicted.

When I said that, some people got mad at me and Tomato wondered why I wouldn't believe them despite their name.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
You have to be an idiot to not trust Starmen.net, I'm sorry, especially when the info comes straight from the site owner itself who MADE Starmen.net the huge and strong Mother fan community it is today.

There's a fine difference than believing information from just some randomer no one knows than believing an actual trustworthy person that a LOT of people know. This isn't the case with reidman, at all, period. He's well known, a very respected guy in the Mother community, contributing to a lot of things.

And reidman wasn't even sure that his source was right. His source told him that the Franklin Badge was going to be an item and the EXACT date it would be posted on the Dojo. He didn't want to tell the masses, as he wasn't sure about it, but he DID post it in the staff forums, but still not sure if it's right. And, well, it turned out to be absolutely correct.

Later on, the same source told him Lucas would be in Brawl as a main character, and that New Pork City was going to be in the game along with Porky (who will somehow make himself the mayor of the city). After relizing his source wasn't bull****ting him, he told the masses, in which a few idiots denied his reliability (which I feel very sorry for), on the forums so people can expect Mother 3 spoilers in Brawl.

The GIST of all that?: Starmen.net is a reliable source, and will ALWAYS be a reliable source.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
I think that was dismissed as a fake. Anyway, most of the stuff that Starmen.net leaked was actually stuff anyone could've predicted.

When I said that, some people got mad at me and Tomato wondered why I wouldn't believe them despite their name.
I would have never precicted New Pork City, and Pokey changing to PORKY, as it does in the stage. I trust Starmen.net...and just about no one else.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You have to be an idiot to not trust Starmen.net, I'm sorry, especially when the info comes straight from the site owner itself who MADE Starmen.net the huge and strong Mother fan community it is today.

There's a fine difference than believing information from just some randomer no one knows than believing an actual trustworthy person that a LOT of people know. This isn't the case with reidman, at all, period. He's well known, a very respected guy in the Mother community, contributing to a lot of things.

And reidman wasn't even sure that his source was right. His source told him that the Franklin Badge was going to be an item and the EXACT date it would be posted on the Dojo. He didn't want to tell the masses, as he wasn't sure about it, but he DID post it in the staff forums, but still not sure if it's right. And, well, it turned out to be absolutely correct.

Later on, the same source told him Lucas would be in Brawl as a main character, and that New Pork City was going to be in the game along with Porky (who will somehow make himself the mayor of the city). After relizing his source wasn't bull****ting him, he told the masses, in which a few idiots denied his reliability (which I feel very sorry for), on the forums so people can expect Mother 3 spoilers in Brawl.

The GIST of all that?: Starmen.net is a reliable source, and will ALWAYS be a reliable source.
All right, all right. I swear, just because I get skeptic that the leak was a coincidence, I get flamed.

Still, it's still possible that could've been predicted. Maybe not the Pokey to Porky thing but the other stuff could've been easily predicted.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
All right, all right. I swear, just because I get skeptic that the leak was a coincidence, I get flamed.
I'm not flaming you bro, I'm just fed up with people saying that Starmen.net isn't a reliable source, especially since it has links to Nintendo Power and many other gaming communities/magazines/whatnot.
Still, it's still possible that could've been predicted. Maybe not the Pokey to Porky thing but the other stuff could've been easily predicted.
I think not with the Franklin Badge and New Pork City, there would be no way to just easily predict those things in Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not flaming you bro, I'm just fed up with people saying that Starmen.net isn't a reliable source, especially since it has links to Nintendo Power and many other gaming communities/magazines/whatnot.
Just so you know, I've believed everything they've said so far. In fact, I believed them about the SSBB info at the time.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Bumping for Claus support!

But no, I love Claus. Has to be one of the best entirely unique movesets possible. A gun, a sword, and PSI powers. No one, especially Sakurai, could make that moveset non-unique.

One of my favorite characters, has cool looks, cool moveset, cool story. Just announce a DS tittle that has Earthbound and Mother 3 on it already, so that way there can be an excuse for more Mother references in Smash.

T-major

Smash Champion
Just announce a DS tittle that has Earthbound and Mother 3 on it already, so that way there can be an excuse for more Mother references in Smash.
or vise versa. A DS remake of Earthbound that includes a translated Mother 3 would be awesome, and having more Mother stuff in Brawl could help get people interested, and in turn influence Nintendo to bring Mother 3 over to the US.

Claus for Brawl! Pokey for Boss! Calling Drago for Lucas' Final Smash! Magypsies for Assist Trophy! Fluffy Omelets for recovery item!

T-major

Smash Champion
i still think that Calling Drago for Lucas' Final Smash is an awesome idea.
right on! I really think that Drago would be original, true to Lucas and Mother 3's events, as well as just plain awesome! some people want PK LOVE to be his Final smash, but I think that that will be one of his special moves (we've already seen something that looks like it).

and yeah, Awesome sig.

True Fool

Smash Ace
When people used to talk about Claus I just kinda thought "f*ck that, I want my Ness." But now it's more like "Indeed, f*ck Ness, give me some CLAUS!"

Subtle bump for more Claus love.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
When people used to talk about Claus I just kinda thought "f*ck that, I want my Ness." But now it's more like "Indeed, f*ck Ness, give me some CLAUS!"

Subtle bump for more Claus love.
I know what you mean. It's either one or the other. I'm not sure Brawl is big enough for Ness and Lucas. Why? Lucas's hair. It may have eaten Ness.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I know what you mean. It's either one or the other. I'm not sure Brawl is big enough for Ness and Lucas. Why? Lucas's hair. It may have eaten Ness.
Yeah, the back side of his hair at him and the cowlick pooped him out.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Will Lucas crawl, can he wall jump? Who knows...in the demos is wall jumping confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom