• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus(MOTHER3) support thread (Spoilers Inside!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
For all we know, he could've of been revived after Lucas pulled the last needle AND, that shouldn't be an issue whatsoever, is Ridley currently alive? Ganondorf? No. It doesn't matter.
What would this mean? Claus coming back without the armor or anything?
He DID get revived..
. You expect a whole moveset to be made for him? >_>

And I really doubt he'd bring his armor, after all the trouble its given him.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
He DID get revived..

so what, this game doesnt follow a timeline, it doesnt even have realism, come on, a pink puffed ball fighting a fairy boy with a sword, being shocked by an electric rat, who's being burn by a plummer with overalls and a bushy mustache, who's biggest enemy is a cross between a dragon and a turtle, who's in love with a princess who keeps a mushrom headed kid below her dress, who looks alike to a shemale princess, who's friends with a futuristic bounty hunter who turned out to be a girl with a really tight outfit like the assasin who can keep rocket launchers in his pants, who's fighting a eskimal couple with big mallets which seems to have linked minds and read each other thought 'couse they can predict each other actions before thay do it, letting them do the same thing at the same time, who's weirdness is not compared to the freaky cross of a dinasour, dragon and cameleon, who hates the fat chopper who farts a lot, etc. etc. etc. (I can go forever)
Believe me, that kind of details doesnt matter in this game.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why Claus cant be in. Major spoiler here.

At the very end of the game, Claus dies.
Almost every bad guy dies, yet they are in the game
That's hardly an argument against him.

He DID get revived..

He didn't get revived, they clearly tell you that he leaves with Hinawa and they both go to heaven.
and in his armor is the only way he could be in Brawl, he would be very unoriginal as Lucas's twin, and he never learned PSI during his childhood and I know they usually don't give a crap about it and they could give him a moveset like that, yet it just seems useless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Pokey is a boss, it could take place DURING Mother 3 instead of after

Kind like the whole Kingdom Hearts effect

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Almost every bad guy dies, yet they are in the game
That's hardly an argument against him.

He didn't get revived, they clearly tell you that he leaves with Hinawa and they both go to heaven.
and in his armor is the only way he could be in Brawl, he would be very unoriginal as Lucas's twin, and he never learned PSI during his childhood and I know they usually don't give a crap about it and they could give him a moveset like that, yet it just seems useless.
Then how does Claus learn PK Love and PK Thunder? Did Yokuba teach him?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
When he is on his way to go to fight the Mecha Drago he learns PSI, probably from one of the magypsies I don't really remember, but then he dies and is revived by the Pig Mask Army, the thing is he never used PSI as a kid.
thats what happened.
normal claus would be a clone of Lucas, wait, what am I saying, just ask yourself this question, who do youwant in brawl, normal claus, or mech-robot claus?

normal claus can make a cameo as an Lucas alt though

vesperview

Smash Hero
thats what happened.
normal claus would be a clone of Lucas, wait, what am I saying, just ask yourself this question, who do youwant in brawl, normal claus, or mech-robot claus?

normal claus can make a cameo as an Lucas alt though
I'm pretty sure Lucas will get a Claus palette swap such as Peach got a Daisy one in Melee, but yeah Mecha Claus is the one who would make it.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Who seriously wants the young Claus in the game? Robo is just so badass.
So what if he dies that is the dumbest reason for someone not to be in the game I have heard.

PKLucas13

Smash Rookie
He seems really good, he would probably be able to flly like pit metaknight and charzard too. So i guess his weakness would have to be ground speed and maybe no rapid attacks. If you kept tapping a rapidly it would probably be like marth's rapid a (slow)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
He seems really good, he would probably be able to flly like pit metaknight and charzard too. So i guess his weakness would have to be ground speed and maybe no rapid attacks. If you kept tapping a rapidly it would probably be like marth's rapid a (slow)
Watch the vid at the first page of this thread when he whips out his sword thats his A button tapping attack right there.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
*Performs thread backtracking of doom*

T-Major only mad a bulk of that moveset, other help as well. I created the taunt for example.

Super Smash Master created the B moves

T-Major throws, A moves

Me taunt

Sakurai: Coustume =p
Argh, so sorry. I fail at reading complete threads then. XP

Kudos to everyone who worked on the moveset, really. I loved it. ^_^

hei nightlea k onda alguien de la raza XD
Jeje, hola Stryks. X333

Enjoy some MOTHERLY LOVE. You may have to wait between downloads.

MOTHER 3+
MOTHER 3i

Both albums contain remixed the best tracks of the game. The first one have more live-arranges and the second more medleys from various game tracks. My sure bets for Brawl are the Love Theme, Twist and Battle (better if it's the 8bit mix) and the Pig Army Theme.
*Hyperventilates* Thank youuuuu, thank you so much~~ I'd been trying to get my hands on the Mother 3i album, but alas, I can't buy anything on iTunes, and I couldn't find it anywhere and and thank you... T_T

Also, guys... Some rumor is stating that apparently Pokey's been sighted as an assist trophy. This is the link to the Starmen.net thread, which in itself links to a gamefaqs thread of the guy who saw it. Of course, take this with a grain of salt, as we haven't seen him in any video or anything. Nonetheless it doesn't seem too farfetched; the guy who supposedly saw it seems serious and nonchalant about it overall (he didn't even know who Pokey was and just described the AT as "a spider robot thing operated by a fat, ugly child" XDD).

So, if it ends up being true, the question is: do you think this would affect Claus' chances at all? The general belief was that Pokey would be a boss. (I could think of some other bosses from Mother, though. Giygas from M2, of course, Natural Killer Cyborg and Yokuba from M3, aaaand Claus-- but we are supporting him as a PC, after all...)

vesperview

Smash Hero
If in fact the Pokey that is allegedly in the game is from Mother 2 than it would affect his chances at some extent, but if it is the Pokey from Mother 3, he is almost confirmed now.

Yokuba will most likely be an AT, I can imagine him shocking people with his remote lol!

the Mecha Drago seems to me like the perfect boss to represent Mother 3 in the subspace emissary.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Also, guys... Some rumor is stating that apparently Pokey's been sighted as an assist trophy. This is the link to the Starmen.net thread, which in itself links to a gamefaqs thread of the guy who saw it. Of course, take this with a grain of salt, as we haven't seen him in any video or anything. Nonetheless it doesn't seem too farfetched; the guy who supposedly saw it seems serious and nonchalant about it overall (he didn't even know who Pokey was and just described the AT as "a spider robot thing operated by a fat, ugly child" XDD).

So, if it ends up being true, the question is: do you think this would affect Claus' chances at all? The general belief was that Pokey would be a boss. (I could think of some other bosses from Mother, though. Giygas from M2, of course, Natural Killer Cyborg and Yokuba from M3, aaaand Claus-- but we are supporting him as a PC, after all...)
My fears exactly! Without Pokey to contend with for boss status, Claus could theoretically be the next best thing....unless, of course, Pokey is an AT while Porky is a boss. Just cross your fingers that Claus makes it onto the playable roster! :bigthumbu

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My fears exactly! Without Pokey to contend with for boss status, Claus could theoretically be the next best thing....unless, of course, Pokey is an AT while Porky is a boss. Just cross your fingers that Claus makes it onto the playable roster! :bigthumbu
See, when I say that I get people left and right saying I don't know what I'm talking about...

...and now you people say it and I don't see anyone yelling at you

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
See, when I say that I get people left and right saying I don't know what I'm talking about...

...and now you people say it and I don't see anyone yelling at you
Because I just posted it, silly! And don't get me wrong: Claus is my number one choice for a newcomer. I just want to keep things in perspective, too. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok then from now on Kid Pokey will be called Kid Pokey and Old Pokey will be old Pokey

Replace the Pokey/ porky with Kid Pokey and Old Pokey...I thought you all could figure it out on your own but whatever

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ok, what part of Porky = Pokey you people don't understand? it doesn't matter whether it says Porky or Pokey is still the same character.

Porky = Japan
Pokey = Everywhere else.
lol, Well, of course they're the same! But Pokey Minch--the little boy--is not the same as King P--the aged slob sustained by machinery. I always thought that Pokey was Porky in M3 because of his status as The Pig King. :confused:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We don't even know how much Pokey aged during his time travels, plus they wouldn't put Mother 2 Pokey as an AT and Mother 3 Pokey as a boss, it's ridiculous.
Why not, they got stuff from past games in Smash...why should the mother series be any different?

Pokey does have a time machine anyway

vesperview

Smash Hero
Because until Ness is confirmed or unconfirmed there is really not any point in having Mother 2 Pokey if practically everything Mother related in Brawl has come from Mother 3, the only exception would be Andross, since we might get him in his old version as AT and his new version as a boss, because they differ greatly in appearance unlike Pokey.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Because until Ness is confirmed or unconfirmed there is really not any point in having Mother 2 Pokey if practically everything Mother related in Brawl has come from Mother 3, the only exception would be Andross, since we might get him in his old version as AT and his new version as a boss, because they differ greatly in appearance unlike Pokey.
No, actually, it isn't the older version of him. Canonically it's just a fake version of the real Andross, so they aren't the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom